Splitter Window + TreeView + ListView + Dialog problem from Newbie

Hello ... :)

I'm a MFC newbie. (Sorry that I'm not English native speaker.)
I'm programming in Visual .NET MFC.

I'm using SDI with Splitter window and I implemented as the following.

IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CLeftFrame, CTreeView)
IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CRightFrame, CListView)

What I want it to be is ......
1. When the program run, the left frame will show one icon.
2. After click the icon on the left frame, the popup menu will be
shown.
3. After right click in the popup menu, the dialog will be shown for
setting something.
4. After finish setting, the new icon on the right frame will be
shown.

But the problem is .....
After I override the function OnCommand() of popup menu to call
dialog. The dialog is not shown.

Could anyone advice me how to solve this problem? Please kindly help
me.

Thank you very very much in advance.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

updating from windows mail to outlook
I just installed Office Standard 2007 in Windows Vista. Trying to update windows mail to outlook 2007. System freezes when looking for e-mail accounts on computer "austin" <austin@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:51400E8A-CFD4-4FA4-A0EB-085E1506324F@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office Standard 2007 in Windows Vista. Trying to update > windows mail to outlook 2007. System freezes when looking for e-mail > accounts > on computer I don't think Outlook will import account settings from WM......you need to create them manually. -- Asking a questio...

XML Serialization Problem with jagged array
I have the following class that declares a jagged array named procedimentosRealizadosField()(). When I try to deserialize an XML file into an object of this class all fields are loaded correctly, except for the procedimentosRealizadosField()() which returns nothing. Previously, I changed the declaration of the method from : <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayItemAttribute("procedimentosRevisao", GetType(ct_procedimentoRevisaoProcedimentosRevisao), IsNullable:=False)> _ to : <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayItemAttribute("procedimentosRevisao", GetType(ct_proc...

Header Problems
I am using word 2003 On the 4th page and section 2 of a 22 page document, I created a header that I want on all of the following pages. But it is also appearing on the first page that I had checked as "different first page", but does not appear on pages 2 or 3. How can I get it off of page 1? What am I doing wrong? I have never had this problem before when I have created the whole document. But I am working on someone else's document trying to straighten out their header problems. Can anyone help me??? Aurora I'm not sure I'm reading your descripti...

how to keep all my emails messages back to my outlook express after windows xp re-installation
My laptop recently is infected by Trojan virus and now get cleared by NOD32. Some .exe files in the system have been however damaged. I would like to re-install Window XP again. But I worry that all my emails kept in last 3 years will be gone in the new outlook express. How could I keep and use them in the new OE same as before. Thanks for advice. -- Paul Take your pick. (Yes, you will lose your messages if you don't back them up). Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone...

Windows 7 leaves a lot to be desired
I could not find a Windows 7 group, so I chose General Discussion I am a very satisfied Vista user with two new Win 7 machines. I believe that with the advertising campaign "Simpler" Microsoft is leading the world on a merry chase. My complaints have to do with music, WMP12, and Windows Explorer. In Explorer, when I went to my music library, I could not see album art files. I was told that these files were hidden and to just change the configuration to show hidden files. I did that and while some of them show, many do not. My other complaints have to do with tag...

Windows Mail Logon
I started the day by opening my windows mail account using windows vista and i got a wndows security window that says logon to your email account. After three years, it has never done this. I think my email server is att.yahoo.com When I enter the information it asks for, it just keeps coming back asking for the same info. So, no email for us. What's up with this? No new software, all apdates are updated and the pc was never turned off. I use McAfee virus protection and as far as is know i am doing averything they way i should. Any help out there would (of course)...

Windows 2003 Forest
All, I promoted by Forest and Domain to Native Windows 2003 and didn't realize that we had old applicances that required NT4 emulation type of authentication. Can enable this type of emulation now that I promoted my domain? Nothing changed by raising the forest level to 2003 Native. It is only affecting NT DCs. If you have problems with member server running NT disable SMB signing or look at this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555038 Andrei www.winadmins.net "Amador" <amador@agconsulting.info> wrote in message news:uiu#X6ppKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Windows 2003 server recovery
Has anyone re-build windows 2003 storage server from zero, and then try to restore data and permission on the server? RAID 5 array had 2 disk failure within a day (no chances to build) so had to remove bad disks, re-create Raid5, re-install windows 2003 storage server This server was configured to volume shadow the volume on failed RAID, different raid volume was used to copy, which is not effected by this My problem here is 2 fold, 1) After re-installing windows, how do I access volume shadow components on the volume which should note be effected by this crash 2) I have full ba...

XP to Windows 7?
I have XP with a corrupted booting system. There are many years of programs I don't want to lose. I was reading info on Windows 7 and its ease of integrating some aspects of XP so I am wondering; if I were to install Windows 7 on a separate partition would there be any way to migrate programs from the XP partition to make them useable? Programs no! But data yes. All programs would have to be installed again. Rui "frogliver" <f_gliver@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OsqUCVB$KHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have XP with a corrupted booting ...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

problems in outlook 2000
I had to have my hard drive reformatted 2 days ago. I work in OL 2000, internet only, in win 98 SE. My emails arrive in any order, whether I ask in the bar to get them ascending or descending, I get the same ones at the top, they arrive mainly by name, but not always, they are sometimes mixed. Can you tell me what happens ? Thanks ...

Dexterity scrolling window link table not on the form
Dear all , I have a dexterity customized form containing a scrolling window and both the form and the scrolling window are link to the same tabel, but after installing the chunk and try to open my form i receive "scrolling window link table not on the form" error message. Thanks for your help. Regards Try the following: One common situation is not attaching the file that the scrolling window is auto-linked to onto the form where the scrolling window resides. Another situation causing the "Link file not found on scrolling window" message to appear may be due to ...

Windows Media Player no picture 08-03-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

Excel 2002 print problem
Excel 2002 rearanges cells and rows when iI print deos any one know why and how to fix it these are spread sheets created in other computers I am using a tablet pc ...

Printing a pane of a splitter window
This is how I'm attempting to print the second column, first row, spitter window: I call a function in CChildFrame that I call "OnPrintPane()" from a drop down menu. It reads like this: void CChildFrame::OnPrintPane() { TRACE("Printing from pane\n"); COrthographicsView *pView = (COrthographicsView*)m_wndSplitter2.GetPane(0,1); pView->SetSwitch(); } This calls SetSwitch of my view. This works, and the function being called reads..... void COrthographicsView::SetSwitch() { TRACE("Trying to print...\n"); CPrintInfo *myPrintInfo = new CPrintInfo; OnP...

height of splitter frame
I have implemented a splitter frame in my view. I wish to create smth like ______________ | | | | | | |___|___________| |______________| the problem that I am facing is that the first row is always displayed with zero height. I can later drag down the divider to view its contents. the code goes like this: BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext* pContext) { // create a splitter with 2 rows and 1 column if (!m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1)) { TRACE0("Failed to CreateStaticSplitter\n"); return FAL...

IMAP4 problem
We have Exchange 5.5 running behind MS Proxy 2.0 to connect to internet and supporting internal clients of our LAN. One day we got Dr.Watson error on IS. After restart the Exchange server everything fine except the Outlook Express cleint (internal and external) connect the server through IMAP4. These users seems can be logon but get error code 800cccd2 I notify error log on the Exchange server when IS start Event id 1194 Accept clients on external interface IMAP4 failed with error 0x80004005. Event id 11506 Accept clients on IMAP4 interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol with error ...

DOS Window ?
I have an application that launches a command line application and this works fine, but I would like disable the system maximize and close buttons on top of the Dialog. How can I do this? I know how to do it with the parent application, but I am not quite sure how to do it with external application if it is even possible though I would assume that it is. I assume that I need to use the wShowWindow property of StartupInfo somehow, but I am unclear as to just how to do this? Any information would be appreciated. Z.K. >I have an application that launches a command line applica...

active window remains behind inactive window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I'm having very strange problems with Word 2008, which I'm running on a dual G4 PowerPC, 1.25 GHz, 1.75 GB of RAM, OSX 10.5.8 -- slightly underpowered by today's standards, perhaps, but well above the program's minimum requirements. I have two monitors, and Spaces is disabled. <br><br>When I highlight two files and double click to start Word and open them both, the one that is on top -- the visible one, let's say it's window A -- is not the one that is active. If I hit Page Down...

Files not opening after Windows Software Service 3.0 installed
Hello, I'm having problems with some files not opening after a windows update. These publisher files have content pasted as link from MS Excel (2007), and these very files fail to open. I have to do a system restore previous to service 3.0 to be able to recover them. That is a big hassle, and the file I work with is very important and took a very long time to be put together. Do you know of a fix to it? How can I prevent these service pack to be installed? Actually, I think it's good to have a service pack installed, if that's an overall improvement in security or bugs. I ju...

renaming windows 2003 domain
Hi all, I have successfully rename my windows 2003 domain using rendom and gpfixup. There is only 1 dc in my environment. But my clients login still reflect the old domain during login. I have followed the requirement of restarting my domain clients for more than 2 times but to no avail. Pls advise. Thks in advance. Hello inenewbl, Do you mean the NetBIOS domain name after choosing ctrl+alt+del in the logon to window? Did you follow all steps as listed under "Domain Rename Processes and Interactions": http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738208(WS.10).as...

Splitter
Hi, I have few doc templates in my app. I also have a splitter wnd (1,2). I want to place the same view that in the template into the right(1) splitter. Currently the OnInitialUpdate of my View is called twice (and crushes on the second time): Once when the Doc Template is created in InitInstance and one in Splitter.CreateView method. Why? what Shall I do? 10x, J. Although it is the same view class, it should be two distinct view objects. So, it is inaccurate to say that the OnInitialUpdate of your view is called twice. It is actually called once for each of two views of the same cla...

Problems In production Server
Hi I Use to have a Rms server for testing reason. I following the instruction for remove it and now when i try to do it production server It gives this error No tiene permiso para subinscribirse en el servidor raíz 'http://X/_wmcs/Certification/SubEnrollService.asmx'. Póngase en contacto con el administrador del sistema. The problem is that I cant join Service Connection Point, but in my Active Directory is nothing about this, everything is deleted. I replicate all dc controllers and there is nothing about rms Could somebody help my Domain, Wrong newsgroup. You want...

Breakpoints Window
In Access 2003, where do I find the Breakpoints Window where I can set a condition upon which the breakpoint becomes active? Thanks, Bill It's also called the code window or the immediate window. Ctl + G will open it for you. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message news:u3NcqXd$KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In Access 2003, where do I find the Breakpoints > Window where I can set a condition upon which > the breakpoint becomes active? > > Thanks, > Bil...

Online Password Problem
Running Money 2004. When I connect to my accounts I reach the window which says "Enter Online Password". I enter my password & download the data. I do not check the box that says " Store password in Money". When I download again the password is already in the password box. The only way to clear it is to type in 9999 as an illegal password & connect. How can I insure that the password is not already in the password box? Thanks in advance marvo ...