Special Text...

How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text?

Thanks,
RAB_Missouri
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

left Alt + 0174
�

Otherwise, help us help you, state the meanings of "create" and "text".

"RAB_Missouri" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within
my text?

> Thanks,
> RAB_Missouri

0
SaltPeter (18)
6/3/2004 3:33:10 AM
�
Alt+0174 if you enter via kbd
Look at Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/CharacterMap (if u have it installed)
0
anonymous (74719)

Count text cells if condition in row is true, over many rows.
Using Excel 2003 - 84 columns, up to 250 rows. By groups of 3 adjacent columns, I want to put (in merged cell at top of each group of 3) a formula showing total of cells with text, IF a separate cell in column CM in each row has a particular value. So, there will be 28 totals (84/3) in top row. If CM2="E", CM3="S", CM4="E", CM5="E", CM6="S", etc, and using condition "E", the formula in merged D1 will count all text cells in columns D,E,F of rows 2,4,5,etc. The formula in merged G1 will count all text cells in columns...

Assign number value to a field with text in it?
Is this possible to do? I want a cell to have a number assigned to it, but display text in the cell, so I can use the cell in a mathmatical formula. I'm using Excel 2003 to track how many seats I have left in each conference room. I want the name of a room to equal a number. For example: I want the text "Executive Room A" to equal 105 Does anyone know a way to do this with out putting them in different fields. -Sharon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You may want to use Help to learn about VLOOKUP. You can make a table on say Sheet2 with the room names a...

Special Characters
Is there a quick way to convert all special characters to XML format for example '&' to &amp; or '+' sign to ? ? MAF wrote: > Is there a quick way to convert all special characters to XML format for > example '&' to &amp; or '+' sign to ? ? '&' needs to be escaped as &amp; but the '+' sign does not need to be escaped in XML. How you do it depends on the .NET APIs you use, if you use an XmlTextWriter to create XML then the WriteString method for instance does the escaping for you. If you use the DOM th...

justifying text
How do I remove the extra spaces on a line when I justify text? I want to full justify and ctrl+J does not do it. Thanks Abbylady What extra spaces? Do you mean the extra space between letters and words? If so... then are you sure you really want justified text? Extra space between letters and word are how Word accomplishes justification. With proportionally spaced characters and uneven amounts of text on each line, justification requires it. There are different justification methods that can be selected using Word options... Perhaps one of them will give you something c...

Text is not showing up in cell. Why not?
I type in text and it shows up in the "fx" box above and I can see text in white when I hightlight a range of cells that contains this cell, but the text doesn't show in the cell normally. The cell is formatted "General" like a lot of other cells around it are that show text. Make sure that the cell isn't formatted as white font on a white fill. TomBrooklyn wrote: > > I type in text and it shows up in the "fx" box above and I can see text in > white when I hightlight a range of cells that contains this cell, but the > text doesn'...

If text exists pull text from another cell....how to do it?
I have a schedule with multiple sheets that I have made for my staff. What I am having trouble with is getting text from one sheet to another. I have Servers, Host, BarBus sheets as well as Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sun sheets. In the Servers sheet in A1 Column I have their names B1:O1 are their shifts. The setup is the same for Host and BArBus sheets. B1 has three shifts AM, OCA, XPOA B2 has four shifts PM, BR, OCP, XPOP What I can not figure out is how to pull the names of the people that are working. Example: On Sheet Mon I have Servers______Host______Bar_______Bus I need...

Length of Text
I have a text field with 4,5 or 6 character text content. In a query, how can I extract all records with a length of 4 and then add 6 leading zeros to it Thanks For a select or update query? Add an expression field to the query which has len(trim([MyField])) as the expression, and 4 as the criteria. Then add another expression field, with the expression as "000000" & [MyField] If you are using an update query, the "000000" & [MyField] will go in the Update To row for [MyField]. HTH John TeeSee wrote: >I have a text field with 4,5 or 6 character text con...

update text box in current form
Hi, On a continuous form I've a textbox where users should put a link to a file. The users can type the path and filename but I want to make it more user-friendly by adding a button (which opens a file dialog) next to the textbox. But when I put the value in the textbox all the textboxes on the form have this value. How to give only the current record this value? Did you bind the textbox to a field? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "HDI" wrote: > Hi, > > On a continuous form I've a textbox where users should put a link to a > file. > >...

Sending OCR text from MODI to Word
I recently scanned several documents using MODI and used the OCR function to recognize the text. When I then try to send the text to Word (2007), a new Word document opens up but no text is placed within it. I eventually get an error message that says "This action cannot be completed because the "Document 1--Microsoft Word" program is not responding. Choose 'Switch to' and correct the problem." Choosing "Switch to" give me a second error message: "An error was encountered while trying to send text to Word. Please make sure Word is proper...

undelete-abld text boxes
Hi I'm working on a 36 page document in Publisher 2003 and dragged a text box from the document onto the canvas(? - the bit at the side ) so that I could decide which page it should go into. When I've done this before the text box has "appeared" at the side of all pages until it was finally given a home when it has diappeared. I now have one with a life of its own! I lodged it in a page - and in desperation have deleted it form the document - but that hasn't made a difference. Basically the box on the canvas has stayed and causes the application to hang until it ...

Can't Copy and Paste or Paste Special between Excel Workbooks
We have a number of Excel users in our office who cannot copy and paste between Excel workbooks. They can copy and paste between worksheets. When you highlight the section to copy and then go to the new workbook both the paste and paste special are "grayed out". This is true whether you right-click the mouse, go to the edit menu, or use control keys. This occurs with any data type and the most simple workbooks. I have seen some suggestions here but none have worked for this particular problem. I have reset the menus and renamed the .xlb files and neither helps. You can open t...

Exporting table data to an 80 column text file
I need to take a table (every row) and export it to a text file in an 80 col. format. No delimiters or quotes ("") for text. All the fields in the table add up to 80 characters. I want to make it as automatic as possible. NewHeartMan wrote: > I need to take a table (every row) and export it to a text file in an 80 col. > format. No delimiters or quotes ("") for text. All the fields in the table > add up to 80 characters. I want to make it as automatic as possible. After you select File/Export, use TXT as the file extension, select Fixed Width, click th...

display of text and lines from CAD
In Visio 2007, I opened a .DWG,converted it, and saved is as Visio (.VSD). Some of the entities (both lines and text) don't display on the screen in the formatted color. The current theme is "none". I tried two other themes, with no apparant difference. Any idea why these would display (and print) as a different color than they are formatted? When I change the font size of the text, it does change size. When I change color, it doesn't change. help? Regards Jay ...

Dynamic chart and shrinking text boxes
Good afternoon all, I have a dynamic chart, that records the amount of forms processed eac week. Every Friday, I coallate the statistics for the past week, an input them in, and the chart then grows by one week. Perfectly norma stuff, documented regularly. What I need to know, is, if it is possible to link outside objects t parts of the chart. Example. During 02/01/04 and 23/01/04 we were down 1 FTE (full tim equivalent), and I have a text box between those dates indicating this The problem is, when I add on a new week (for example, Week Endin 06/02/04) all the dates shift backwards, and I ...

TX Text Control
Does anyone know what the TX Text Control ActiveX is? Where can I get some documentation on it?\ Thanks Larry A quick google search returns http://www.textcontrol.com/tx/docs/ -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Larry J. Siddens" <lsiddens@cstoneindy_NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:05fa01c39cdb$40b4fdc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what the TX Text Control ActiveX is? > Where can I get some documentation on it?\ > > Thanks > Larry > ...

How to hide a text field label when the field is null? Access2003
In MS Access 2003 report, how to hide the label attached to a text field when the text field is blank? Example: Field Name = [MiddleName]; the label for [MiddleName] is [MidNameLbl]. If no middle name, I do not want the label to appear. Thanks The no-code method is to change the label to a text box and set its properties: Control Source: ="Mid. Name: " + [MiddleName] Can Grow: No Can Shrink: Yes If MiddleName is null, the text box will disappear. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Pearl" wrote: > In MS Access 2003 report, how to...

text attachments duplicat message body with all new emails
All of a sudden (since yesterday) every email I receive has a .txt attachment which contains a duplicate copy of the text in the main body of the email. I haven't changed any settings. Any ideas why or, more importantly, how to stop it? TIA ...

Text entry query
I am entering 5 lines of text into a block of cells and have Merge Cells selected in Format | Cells. When the last line exceeds a particular point in the text all that shows when I try and enter it is a single long line of #s. That line is not the longest line. Help anyone? Brian Tozer Try formatting the cell as General (not Text). If you need more than 1000 characters to show up in the cell, add a few alt-enters to force a new line--you didn't ask--but it's a common question with cells containing a lot of text. Brian Tozer wrote: > > I am entering 5 lines of text into a...

Specialized ComboBox
Hi. I'm trying to create a combo box, dropdown style, which will enter the text in the edit field to the list box upon hitting enter key, and allow deletion of items from the list box. I'm affraid i have no clue as to how to do this - i thought about deriving from CComboBox and adding handler to keydown. but no idea as to how to exactly. Help will be much appreciated. Ori, You first need to find out if the user has swapped left & right mouse buttons (GetSystemMetrics(SM_SWAPBUTTON)). Then if the user has swapped mouse buttons you need to hook WM_LBUTTONUP, if the user has...

How can I get text to equal a numerical value in Excel?
I am developing a scheduling program for my workplace. The program will automatically calculate total time scheduled based on times entered (i.e., 8:00AM start time in one cell, 5:00PM end time in the next cell calculates to 9 hours in a third cell). However, we need to indicate days off, vacations and leaves of absences. When we enter text into the first cell, it obviously destroys the calculation in the third cell. I need to be able to have Excel assign a value of "0" for any cell that has text. Thanks, Mike Mike, I fixed similar problems in my files by using the if &am...

Formula for taking text out of column B and placing it into column
I am using Excel 2007- I have hundreds of products (2 listed below: TU10 & TU12) The products have a 'VariantInventoryItemNumber' such as the 2 items below. I need to take all of the text before the ' - ' sign and place that in column A as illustrated below. ItemNumber VariantInventoryItemNumber TU10 TU10-10 TU10 TU10-10.5 TU10 TU10-11 TU10 TU10-11.5 TU10 TU10-12 TU10 TU10-12.5 TU10 TU10-13 TU10 TU10-6 TU10 TU10-6.5 TU10 TU10-7 TU10 TU10-7.5 TU10 TU10-8 TU10 TU10-8.5 TU10 TU10-9 TU10 TU10-9.5 TU12 TU12-10 TU12 TU12-10.5 TU12 TU12-11 TU12 TU...

sorting of text
I have two data sets, 4 columns each. The data I need to sort is in this format-3D9.1234FGR444. I need to be able to get a list of matches between the two data sets. Sounds easy, but I haven't found the correct way of asking. what format do you need the list in? one method would be to set a fourth data set if you have Columns A:D and F:I as your data sets in K1 enter =if(Countif($F:$I,A1)>0,A1,"") and copy down and over to column N at the last data row Select K:O copy and paste special values on top of K:O Sort each column K through O individually and move the data to...

Watermark text in Excel?
Is there a way to place water marked text onto a worksheet in Excel? If so, could someone please tell me how it is done? Thanks, glenraye -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I found this in a previous post about watermark. Check them out. http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to place water marked text onto a worksheet in Excel? >If so, could someone please tell me how it is done? > >Thanks, >glenrayel > > >--- >Mes...

#name error text box
=DSum("[Amount]","[Billings Database Hard]","[Customer No] = '" & [cbCusNum] & "' AND [Posting Period Date] = '" & [Me].[cbPostingDate].[Column](0) & "'") Keeps returning #Name error PLEASE HELP You need to format the date field...... try Format(CDate(Me.cbPostingDate), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#") You shouldn't need the column as 0 is the default. Probably don't need the single quotes around AND [Posting Period Date] = either "Alan" wrote: > =DSum("[Amount]&qu...

Adding Days that are in the form of Text eg monday, tuesday
Hi i was hoping someone could help what i have is column "A" which has a list of days in the form monday, wednesday etc. Then i want column B to display the next day. A B 1 Day Day+1 2 Day Day+1 3 Day Day+1 Column A is day stock will run out Column B is the day after I have done something similar to this before but I can't think how Hope someone can help Thanks For your help Katy =LOOKUP(A1,{"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","We...