small query

if constructor is private, can i create object thru mfc

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ODBC ms Query will not edit saved query
Hello, I am using Excel to query an Oracle database. When using Excel 97 and Windows95/98 all saved queries worked fine. After upgrading to Windows2000 and Excel 2000 queries will refresh data, but we cannot edit the queries. When we choose "get external data / edit query" MSQuery appears to flash on the screen for a split second and then vanish. I have created system DSNs as instructed by Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 322046, but it did not correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS, David ...

Pedigree query too complex
I am want to build a 4 or 5 generation pedigee with access. I used the www.allenbrowne.com method (used dog's instead of horses) I am getting a Query Too Complex message box. If I use 3 generations it's ok but is there a way I can build 5 or more pedigree generation I get the message. Any ideas? Thanks You may have a problem of matching parenthesis. You cannot have more than 32 tables, neither more than 50 levels of nesting (Access 2003). Vanderghast, Access MVP "HLarkin" <HLarkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E6E3AE5-08E9-4852-96...

small query
if constructor is private, can i create object thru mfc ...

Updating DSV Deletes All named Queries
I have a project to build multiple Report Builder (RB) models utilizing the same underlying database. Each model will have its own DSV due to the fact that each model will be based upon a business department's needs. During the course of developing these models, the underlying database was changed quite a bit due to an application upgrade. Whenever I try to update the changes to the underlying database in the RB data source veiws (DSV), all named queries get deleted form the DSVs. I have tried to use the 'refresh" option in the DSV and I have tried to used the ...

UNION queries .... why so slow?
I have 2 tables with 24 fields each. Each table has approx 8,000 - 10,000 records Plain select queries open almost immediately. UNION queries take FOREVER. Is there something I can do to optimize UNION queries? try UNION ALL (with Where statements to avoid dups if any) Pieter "M Stanley" <mstanley@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:3017EC3E-4810-4B90-A154-66D4C956CA68@microsoft.com... >I have 2 tables with 24 fields each. Each table has approx 8,000 - 10,000 >records > > Plain select queries open almost immediately. UNION queries take FOREVER. > >...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

smtp virtual servers query
i understand i can setup another domain in recipient policy, but I am curious to know why a server would have 2 smtp virtual servers for each domain? the A record and mx record both resolve to the same ip. sandgroper <sandgroper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i understand i can setup another domain in recipient policy, but I am curious >to know why a server would have 2 smtp virtual servers for each domain? I have four SMTP Virtual Servers accepting mail for a couple dozen domains. Of course those VS's aren't on one machine. But your question really isn't ve...

CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition
We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action Pack - but are encountering some difficulties. Does this application have to be installed onto an SBS server directly? Can it not be installed on a server which participates in a SBS domain? Regards -- Mark Baker Operations Manager SITOC Ltd Must be installed on SBS server. Ian "Mark Baker" <MarkBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E202DEC8-C1A5-4A3E-86F3-094D462ECBE8@microsoft.com... > We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action > Pack - > but are ...

Inner Query Coalesce Causes Incorrect Query Results?
We have come across a peculiar situation where we get some very different behaviour when an inner query contains a coalesce. We are flattening out a list into a comma separated string variable. The desired goal is to have a comma separated list of people in alphabetical order. People are stored in table #tblA and their names can optionally be overridden in #tblB in a 1-to-1 relationship. We are aggregating the names in an outer query that appends to a local variable. Below is the code illustrating 4 different scenarios, none of which fully work. This code can be pasted ...

how would I write this criteria for a query?
I have three fields that I want to base a criteria on: Received Date/Time, Date Approved and Date Rejected The way I wrote the criteria is as follow: LagTime: [Received Date/Time] - [Date Approve] This works if there is a date in the "Date Approve" field but if there isn't a date in the field nothing comes back. What I would like for it to do is pull the date from the "Date Rejected" field and calculate the lagtime from there. What do I need to add to my expression to do this? On 6 Sep, 20:14, Jerry Whittle <JerryWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

CRM3.0: Small Business Edition only with Small Business Server?
Hi folks, if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? thanks in advance, taxi Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition is intended to run on the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 r2 (latest release). Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small > Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? > > thanks in advance, > taxi Hi, i m...

unmatched record query question
A while back, I had a corruption issue, and without me realizing it, the one- to-many relationship between related tables was deleted. Now, when I try to reset the relationships I get an error message that states that record(s) violate referential integrity rules. I suspect that one or more records in the parent table may have been deleted, but the related record(s) in the child table still exist. My tables are structured as follows: The parent table "Bid" has 2 primary key fields - ProjectID, BidID The child table "Item" has 4 primary key fields - ProjectID, BidID, Room...

how can i combine two query result side by side
lets say we have two queries, Q1 and Q2. Suppose that both query is to produce same number of row as a result. Is it possible to produce a table (or query result) which combines the results of Q1 and Q2 as two different field, side by side ? Just join them together, the way you would if they were tables. The SQL would look something like: SELECT Q1.ID, Q1.Field1, Q1.Field2, Q2.Field1, Q2.Field2, (Q1.Field2 = Q2.Field2) AS Same FROM Q1 INNER JOIN Q2 ON Q1.ID = Q2.ID -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "mezzanine1974" <savas_kar...

Query problems
I expected to be able to select 2 tables and add each to a single query create a primary key and the extract data from one table into another. When I try to create a query in Excel, it does not show me my other tables, just one. Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this? ...

drop down boxes query?
hi, i am attempting to create a drop down box that you can (a) search in by entering letters ie. type a and it goes to the a's and (b)can enter you own data in ie. the option you require isnt there so you can go to a blank one and enter your own data. i have seen it on operation before but am lost as to how to do it. please can anyone offer any help at all? many many thanks. Cheers. Have you tryed Data - Filter - auto filter >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >i am attempting to create a drop down box that you can (a) >search in by entering letters ie. type a an...

Data Defnition Query
I have an external table that I use to append a resident table. The external table has hyperlinks in a Memo Field. I want to change the memo field to hyperlink formatting. Doing so manually requires toggling back and forth between memo and hyperlink after each append. The Data Definition Query does not work for hyperlink. VB code might work? Don't know the code. What code might make this work? I'm using Access 2007. JET DDL is not powerful enough to be really useful. A Hyperlink field is actually a Memo with attributes set. You need to use DAO to set those attr...

Limitations on WHERE Clause in lookup query for a table column
I have a Access Table with two columns. Each column is defined a lookup column with an underlying SQL query. When a user selects a value for Column A, I'd like the lookup query in Column B to show only values related to the value chosen for Column A. In other words, I'm trying to code something like, SELECT OtherTable.AttrX FROM OtherTable WHERE OtherTable.AttrY = ColumnA; I can't seem to get the WHERE clause to recognize the value chosen for Column A for the specific row of data being modified. Is this a limitation of a lookup query in Access or I'm just ...

BOOKLET(SMALL)
Is there an easy way to make a small booklet in publisher? About a 10 page booklet. I want to divide a 8.5 by 11 sheet in quarters, and utilize both sides of the paper. I suppose to could cut the sheet in half? But I want to do this basically on one set in Publisher without having to open 2 or 3 documents? thanks The number of booklet pages are in numbers of four, i.e., four, eight, twelve, sixteen, etc. Four pages per sheet of paper. You could cut two pages from a booklet but it would literally mean trimming almost half a sheet in two. (Remember to retain enough to staple). A little p...

If statement in Update query
I have an Update Query that updates two fields [Last Name], [First Name] in one table (Barracks Rooms) based on one field [Room #] in another table (Students). If [Room #] in (Students) is Null, I want [Last Name], [First Name] in (Barracks) to be Null. If [Room #] in (Students) has a value, I want [Last Name], [First Name] in (Barracks Rooms) to reflect [Last Name], [First Name] in (Students). What would be my SQL statement for that? I've already determined that I can't set it up the way I want in the design view. Thanks for all the help. Further clarification: ...

Small Database issue.
Hi, I am using a Dialog based application connected to MS-Access database via ODBC connection. When i delete one record from my dialog how do i refresh the dialog so that it does not show the deleted record anymore. You have not mentioned in which control you are listing your records. Better way is reload the records again to the dialog . Jibesh. M2 Software. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com "Sanjeev"...

Update Query question
Hello, This seems to be a very simple update query but for some reason I am not able to get my arms around it. I have 2 fields with data as shown below and I want to update the third field with the value CC if any of records have CC in field 2 when grouped by field1. field1 field2 field3 1 CC CC 1 HS CC 2 HS HS 2 HS HS When field1 is 1 and even though field2 is HS I want to update field 3 as CC because one of the records has field1 =1 and field2 = CC Any suggestions is greatly appreciated....

Need help with "SUM-IF" query
Hello! I need some help with a Query to solve this requirement: We have one table (Values) containing a list of values with its timestamps, and a second table (Flags) containing flag-values with its timestamps. I need to get a SUM of those values in Values table for which the flag value satisfies for the timestamp of the value. The flag-value satisfies if, given a certaing timestamp, the last known value for the flag is 1. Exaple: Values table: RowId Value TimeStamp 1 5 2010-01-11 10:00:00 2 3 2010-01-11 10:30:00 3 6 2010-01-11 12:20:00 4 7 2010-01-11 14:15:00 5 5 2010-01-11 1...

combo box in a query
Hi, Is it possible, do you think, to insert a combo box into the criteria section of a query? The user of the query will have a lot of units to choose from in the query and it would be easier for the user to have a drop down box to make a selection from. Can this be inserted into the query so that it appears and is functional when the query is run? If so...how would a novice go about it? Thanks, Regards, oic3120 Not directly, but you can enter a reference to a combo box as a parameter in the query. Create an unbound form with a combo box on it which lists all the possible values in o...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

How do I create very small graphics in ONE cell?
I have data like following and I want to creat a line or 3 bars to reflect the numbers in ONE cell so that people can quicky scan through the trend. 3,225 2,356 1,087 I tried wizard but it doesn't look good when you minimize it. I tried autoshape but couldn't let the ahotopshap connect to the numbers. My boss said he has seen people do this before. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks! There's a couple of ways to go. The first is to adapt the idea behind Using Worksheet Cells to simulate a graph http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/worksheet_as_chart...