skining an app like WMP 11

hi there

i am writing a vc++ 6 app which manages audio

i would like to skin parts of it to look like Windows Media Player 11
(that sleek black Vista look) - how do i go about it? do i use
directx? or what?

note, i am *not* using WMP to play audio, so its not about writing a
WMP skin, just a skin that looks like wmp11

cheers
bhu

0
bhuvidya (34)
2/20/2007 12:04:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use Internet to network to VB5 app?
I currently have a VB5 application installed on one customer PC(used as a server) in an office and use the customer's network to connect all other PC's in the office(client PCs) to my application. Is it possible, and if possible, how could I use the Internet for client computers in this office to connect(network) to my VB5 application on the customer's computer which acts as a server for my application. This is a low volume environment so I don't need a true "Server computer" (hardware wise). This is desirable because my customer would also like to use ...

Office apps take forever to quit
A very strange problem...all my Office X apps, Entourage, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, everything, take over a minute to quit, sometimes over two minutes. I tried to reinstall but the CD says no installation is necessary and the problem persists. I do not have this problem with Explorer or any other application. Running an 800MHz G4 iMac with 512MB RAM and Panther. Thanks for any help! In article <BBE41012.2730%mpb26@georgetown.edu>, Matthew Benham <mpb26@georgetown.edu> wrote: > A very strange problem...all my Office X apps, Entourage, Word, Excel, > Powerpoint, everythi...

recover directories like found.000
hello I use O.S. windows xp i have an external hdd Almost all the data disappeared and i found directories hidden founf.001, ecc i know that usually this directories s appears after defrag or scandisk but i didnt run it. can i recover the data? If i run a scandisk I ll recover the hdd? Or i ll lose all my data? thnks Bit difficult to recover from those, try a file recovery program, plenty of free on the net One is http://www.piriform.com/recuva "nks" <nks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:419272EE-DEDB-4121-9F49-A30...

Property sheet-based app
I want to take my dialog-based app and replace it with a wizard-based app, but I get an assert when I instantiate a property page. The assert is called here: _AFXWIN_INLINE CWnd* CWnd::GetParent() const { ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); return CWnd::FromHandle(::GetParent(m_hWnd)); } I put the CPropertySheet in the app's InitInstance(). It seems that a CPropertyPage refuses to exist without a parent window; a limitation that I expect dialog boxes don't have. Here's what I put in InitInstance(): CPropertySheet sheet; m_pMainWnd = &sheet; sheet.SetWizardMode(); CAPropret...

wizard-like app
Hello, I have a pretty basic question. Imagine a setup wizard. We've all used them many times. An app consists of multiple dialogs with next/previous/exit buttons and a way to abort the said wizard. There are some actions to be performed on individual screens: some controls come and go, but overall the dialog stays. Now imagine I have to write it from scratch in VC++ 2005 :) I am sure many of you have done this already, and it's a piece of cake. I know C++, but I am an MFC/VC++ neophyte. My question is, what is the "right" way to do it. I tried creating an MFC app with a d...

Combining Totals of like Items
I am working with a multiple sheet Excel workbook. I have multiple inventory items and would like the totals of items with like UPCs and lot codes. I have many instances where items may have similar UPC but different lot codes. It is important that these items be segragated by UPC AND Lot code? Is there an easy and efficient way to do this? Thanks. Normally, when a particular function is recommended as a solution to a question, an additional comment is always included to "read the Help files". In this case however, *don't* read the XL Help files on SUMPRODUCT(). Read Bob...

Scrollbars skining
Hello, Im trying to find a method to skin scrollbars of any control in my application process. I tried this method: i am using a CBT hook and on creation of some specific types of controls i subclass them. So i have my own window procedure. On this im trying to create and position a top static window over the control scrollbars. the static control is a sibling one with the control(have the same parent). The thing is the method is errorneous and it doesnt work for example, for a ComboLBox control (a list box created by combobox control). I found a tutorial which uses detours library, by API h...

Dialog app lacks Minimize button?
Hi Folks, I wrote a simple program for myself, but I noticed that there is no Minimize button on the title bar. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this? Thanks! F "Flarf" <Flarf@hotetetemail.com> wrote in message news:kaWdndk7C9bvqmqiRVn-sQ@comcast.com... > Hi Folks, > > I wrote a simple program for myself, but I noticed that there is no > Minimize button on the title bar. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this? In VS.NET 2003 it's just a property of the dialog box that can be modified with the resource editor. Set the Minimize Button property to true. ...

Return ERRORLEVEL from MFC App.
Hi All, I am in the unfortunate position of having to write an MFC app while knowing nothing about MFC. It's a simple thing, display a dialog box with an embedded webbrowser control and return an indicationto a batch script which of two buttons was clicked. It all works fine except that I can't access the return value. I have overridden ExitInstance to return the appropriate value and the exit code shows up correctly in the Visual Studio output window, however the ERRORLEVEL returned is always 0. Can anyone help, or suggest a better way of doing this??? Thanks, mal Sorry, ...

Mac Office 2004 on OS x 10.4.11
When i put in the CD to start the install process it does not recognize the CD. I have placed other CDs and DVDs in the drive and they all read just fine. I even put in the Office CD and tried to boot from the CD nothing happened. I am thinking it is probably just the CD and I should take it back and get a different one, but just wanted to try and confirm before I did that. <br><br>thanks Yep, it's the CD, I would say. Hold the CD up to a strong light and look for any scratches or fly-specks, particularly on the inside tracks near the centre. CDs read from the inside out....

Opening an access app from within an access app
I have two access applications. Call 'em App1 and App2. I would like to create a button on a form in App1 that will: 1) Close App1 2) Open App2 I'm sure the way somehow involves using a command similar to: Access.Application.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\Local Data\Testing\Application2.mdb") but running this command tells me that "You already have the database open". So how can I accomplish what I'm looking for? Many thanks in advance, Greg Take a look at the free TSI SOON (Shut One, Open New) database add-in MichKa has at http://www.trigeminal.com/utilit...

MFC MDI app hangs randomly on some machines, but not others (most are OK). Typical causes?
Please advise. On rare occasions, users of our MFC MDI app have found that the program hangs when opening files (our own custom file types). However, we have been unable to recreate the problem during extensive testing (98/SE,ME,XP,2000), making it hard to track down. It seems that two identical machines (OS, dll versions and spec) can behave quite differently with exactly the same app and file to open - only the hardware is different. In testing, clean installations of all major Windows operating systems have failed to reproduce the bug. It seems that all of the crashes occur on Win 98/ME...

I would like to use function to give car allowance for grade D on.
I have a worksheet in Excel there is a column titled Grade, and and another column titled car allowance, I want to give the employee with grade D only BD 100, I tryed to use if function but I did not get the correct result. Can you help me please... Masoom Just the one grade or multiples? =LOOKUP(A1,{"A","B","C","D"},{"BD400","BD300","BD200","BD100"}) OR =VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,FALSE) where table is a range from columns B and C Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:55:05 -0700, Masoom Al-Omran <M...

Windows Media Player 11 changed my thumbnails
When I downloaded Windows Media Player 11 to my windows xp SP3 platform, I can no longer see my video thumbnails. Anyone familiar with this issue? If so, is there a file I can download to fix it? What's the file type of the affected videos (AVI, WMV)? Go to Start - Run, type regsvr32 shmedia.dll and press Enter. Does that fix it? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Captain Fantastic wrote: > When I downloaded Windows Media Player 11 to my windows xp SP3 platform, I > can no longer see my video thumbnails. Anyone familiar with this issu...

OnKeyDown not getting called in a dialog-based app?
I'm writing a dialog-based app with quite a few different controls and gadets on the main page. I want to catch the "DEL" key so i can implement a delete function on selected items so I added a message handler to the main dialog frame to catch the WM_KEYDOWN message but it never gets called - i've checked the message map and everything seems to be in order. What am I missing? I've also got another smaller problem with keyboard input because the application will quit if ENTER or ESC is pressed (a bit harsh for my purposes). I stopped it quitting on ENTER by comme...

Excel faulting app
When opening an Excel 97 file in Excel XP, Excel XP crashes with a window that says Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error or do not send error buttons, etc. There is also a checkbox for an option to repair the file and reopen excel xp with the repaired file open. I have tried letting Excel repair the file and reopen it, then save as with the repaired file to a new file name. If I open the repaired file with the new file name, same error. This does not seem to be happening to most of our Excel 97 files, just a select few. There is nothing remarkable about this fil...

App to DB
Hi Al I am looking for info on how the MS CRM 1.2 app component talsk to the database . Is is ADO? ADO.Net? or ODBC Could someone shed some light on this thanks Seeing as the app was built on .Net, it s probably safe to assume they used ADO.Net in the database layer to actually talk to SQL. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:06:06 -0700, "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All I am looking for info on how the MS CRM 1.2 app component talsk to the database .. Is is ADO? ADO...

Outlook 2010 beta 03-11-10
I have 5 accounts and each has its own Inbox, sent, deleted etc. How do I get all 5 lots of mail into one set of boxes? 4 accounts are IMAP and one is POP3. Also, how do I set Outlook 2010 beta to NOT load new incoming mail on startup? -- findon findon wrote: > I have 5 accounts and each has its own Inbox, sent, deleted etc. How do I get > all 5 lots of mail into one set of boxes? 4 accounts are IMAP and one is > POP3. > > Also, how do I set Outlook 2010 beta to NOT load new incoming mail on startup? This newsgroup discusses the released versions. ...

DirectX9 App wizard
On using DX9's app wizard under VC6, the default project that is created won't run, with an error dialog indacting "DLL not found". Would would perhaps be useful is can anyone hint at WHAT dll it couldn't find ?? The debug window shows how far it gets :- -------[snip] ------------ Loaded 'ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsound.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt....

Convert Access 2003 app to 2007, what to expect?
I have shied away from Access 2007 because frankly it looks to be pretty screwed up for developer types, and clients of developer types. However one client is migrating to Office 2007 so I have to deal with converting the application. I am considering keeping it in 2003 as a runtime, sagekey says the the new version of their software can accomodate. But if I were to move the app to Access 2007, what should I expect? The app uses an activex control for email communication and I'll ask the vendor (codestone, they are excellent) about this. Backend is simple mdb, front end mdbs are li...

MFC App nor handling std::exception
Hi, Im using VS 2005. I have an MFC app using a few classes that solely use STL etc. Some of these throw exceptions of std::exception type, but MFC is not handling these? In debug mode it breaks where exception thrown with message about 'unhandled exception at....' What is my problem? Thanks in advance. PRMARJORAM wrote: > Hi, > > Im using VS 2005. > I have an MFC app using a few classes that solely use STL etc. > Some of these throw exceptions of std::exception type, but MFC is not > handling these? > > In debug mode it breaks where exception thrown...

like pivot table, with details?
Hi all, is there any way to do a "pivot table" that instead of summing (or averaging, multiplying, etc) the data fields, actually presents the data field values? I have a table that lists our purchased components part number, supplier, customer, and program, i.e.: P/N Supplier Customer Program 123B Jim GM Truck 123A Jim GM Truck 2413 Bob Ford Car 5231 Jim Ford Car 6789 Tom GM Truck and I want to display it in a pivot table like...

Onenote icons missing in Office 2007 apps
I am really new to this forum, but in need of some help. I work for an organization that just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007, but only upgraded the core apps, Excel, Outlook, word and Powerpoint. Everyone use to use Onenote a lot and now when people try to us the Windows + S function nothing happens. Any ideas? Onenote is still 2003. Printing to Onenote is an option, but everyone was used to clipping and taking it straight to Onenote. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. -- djacob69 In OneNote - Tools | Options | Advanced (as best I recall). Make sure...

navision app run very slow
I recently installed an RDBMS app called Navision Attain (which was=20 previously purchased by Microsoft). It runs very slow. When it displays=20 a window, it outputs each field and label individually. None of the = other=20 apps (including Microsoft Office) run this slow. Any suggestions to=20 speed up this app? I am running Virtual PC for Mac v6.1, Windows XP=20 Home Edition. I have 256MB of memory allocated to the PC. ...

Email accounts #11
I would like to use my outlook for me and my wife but have a separate email address for my wife? In outlook express you can have two identities, say your and your parter with separate inboxs and all you have to do is switch identities in OE you don't have to have different windows user accounts, how can I do this in outlook 2000 without using different windows user accounts? Sean cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > I would like to use my outlook for me and my wife but > have a separate email address for my wife? In outlook > express you can have two identities, say ...