Size of buttons in toolbar

Hi;

I want to have different size of buttons in the same toolbar. The
default size is 16x15, but I want to have buttons of this size and some
other of 32x15.

I've read the article in MSJ, but what I understand is that this way
tou change all the buttons to the same size. I even downloaded the
source and all the buttons have the same size, so, that is not what I'm
looking for.

Any idea, or anyone who let me know if I'm wrong?

Thanks

Dalton

0
vicorca (14)
8/4/2006 3:04:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Could you just resize the other buttons, but leave bitmaps towards one side
or the other?  Or, could you have two toolbars (one with small buttons and
one with larger ones).  I have never seen a toolbar with different sized
buttons (except when there is a drop down arrow or something like that).  In
any event they are always the same height.  Typically the bitmaps are all
the same size, but the text being on or off for the button makes it a
different size.

Tom

"Dalton" <vicorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> I want to have different size of buttons in the same toolbar. The
> default size is 16x15, but I want to have buttons of this size and some
> other of 32x15.
>
> I've read the article in MSJ, but what I understand is that this way
> tou change all the buttons to the same size. I even downloaded the
> source and all the buttons have the same size, so, that is not what I'm
> looking for.
>
> Any idea, or anyone who let me know if I'm wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dalton

0
tserface (3860)
8/4/2006 4:00:04 PM
> I want to have different size of buttons in the same toolbar. The
> default size is 16x15, but I want to have buttons of this size and some
> other of 32x15.
>
> I've read the article in MSJ, but what I understand is that this way
> tou change all the buttons to the same size. I even downloaded the
> source and all the buttons have the same size, so, that is not what I'm
> looking for.

The code probably uses SetSizes(), which indeed changes size of all
buttons. However you can indeed have buttons of different size. There
is a particular style that needs to  be turned off. Paul Dilasica
actually had an article about in MSJ/MSDN where he showed how to do
this in a MDI app by replacing the menu with a toolbar. Each button was
of the width of the text. Do some googling to find it. I have mentioned
that article in this NG few times.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6841)

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

My News menu button does not work correctly. #2
My News menu button does not work correctly. When clicked, it brings up th file folder 1033, and can not be deleted. Why? How can I remove this "News" button and then enter into the news reader? I'm using XP with Office 2003, (Outlook). bernie.home <bernie.home@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My News menu button does not work correctly. When clicked, it brings > up th file folder 1033, and can not be deleted. Why? How can I > remove this "News" button and then enter into the news reader? I'm > using XP with Office 2003, (Outlook). ...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

Load bitmap on a button
Hi pals, Here is my code snipets... I have created a Dialogbased application in MFC and written my code into OnInitDialog() function HWND hUpCtl,hDlg; hUpCtl = GetDlgItem(hDlg,IDI_UP); HICON hU = ::LoadImage(AfxGetResourceHandle (),,MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDI_UP),IMAGE_ICON,0,0,LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); ::SendMessage(hUpCtl,BM_SETIMAGE,IMAGE_ICON,(LPARAM) (DWORD)hU); I am trying to add a bitmap into button..But i am getting this errors error C2664: 'void __thiscall CWnd::GetDlgItem(int,struct HWND__ ** ) const' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'struct HWND__ *' to &...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

looking for the one button take me from Sheet1!C4 to Sheet2!C4
I am looking for a one button shortcut that will take me from worksheet to worksheet with the same row and column Attach this macro to your button: Public Sub Button1_Click() Dim nNext As Integer With ActiveSheet If .Index = Worksheets.Count Then nNext = 1 Else nNext = .Index + 1 End If End With Application.Goto Worksheets(nNext).Range(ActiveCell.Address) End Sub In article <6A2D3ED0-62C8-42E9-BED7-CE43C7E78F42@microsoft.com>, Ron Ko <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0
A partner would like to submit suggestion for Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9792a1a-1a3d-4d82-b56d-7ce8909368c3&dg=micros...

Personal folder size
Hi, I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has increased in size from 26mb to 103mb. I've tried compacting it, but this has made no difference. Is there anything else I can do to reduce the size? Thanks Barry Nope, since it sounds like you have used the tools that are provided and removed any items from the pst that you just don't want. "Barry K" <bnk@cvl.uk.com> wrote in message news:c50il2$4tl$1@news.netkonect.net... > Hi, > I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has > increased in size from 26mb to 103m...

Remove Message Size Limiter
Dear All, im getting bounces to my exchanger server due to attachment size. Mail in question is a 5Mb message (Becomes 6.8 when in message format) commining from a hotmail account. I Know it isnt a Hotmail limitation, as ive sent the message to another organisations EX server. I need there to be absoloutly NO limitations within exchange AT ALL for the sending receiving or delivery of mail. I have been through exchange with a fine tooth comb and cannot find any such restrictors but im obviously missing somthing ive also checked the AD account in question to see if a limit has been plac...

blank page size
HI I am using MS Publisher 2003 and I go to a blank page, then page setup and select A3 size, however, the blank page shown is still showing as a4. If I go to Print preview, then it shows the A3 page. This has only happened recently (not used A3 size for a while). As I have an A3 Printer, I want to be able to see the correct size when I am setting teh page up. Can anyone help please? Barry The first step is to set the Print setup. The would be the size of the paper stock in the printer and the way it sets in the supply tray, portrait or landscape. Then, set the File, Page setup. -- ...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

control textboxes keep changing size
Hi, I've got several control-based textboxes in my worksheet but everytime the user clicks in out of them more than 5 or so times then the textboxes either change size, font size or just mess up the formating of the page completely. What is going on here and is there a fix? I really hope there is because otherwise I've wasted 6 hours setting up this spreadsheet. :) James I had that problem (xl'03) and it turned out to be changing the screen resolution while the wb was open. I'd click on a button and it would expand (and keep on growing every time I clicked it. The only w...

Size
I have an excel document that has grown to 40MB is size and is likely to grow a lot more in the next few months (potentially double). Does anyone have any information on acceptable file sizes for Excel documents, is there any official information from MS on this? I have recently learned that there is an increased likelihood of corruption of the file (especialy so I assume as it contains lots of calculations). Is there any truth in this? Thanks. See this http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Also use Robs code cleaner http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/Utilities.htm I often ...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
We have a problem with the TOTAL K and TOTAL ITEMS column in 'Microsoft Exchange Administrator' program. When selecting the "MAILSERVER -> Private Information Store -> Mailbox Resources" mailboxes with a (presumably) larger content as 4Gb are shown as a 0K mailbox but 19,000+ items are held in that mailbox. Does anyone have experienced this and has more info for me? I would like to know whether there is a patch or so (Knowledge Base has an article, KB 285788 but that does not cover my subject). Thanks. Berry "Berry" <Berry@NOMAILSERVER.TLD> wrote ...

Hide toolbars when file opens
Hi all, I have created a file for people to use to get quotes. When the file opens, I do not want them to have access to any toolbars. How can I hide these when the file is opened, but only for this file - not any others that the user may subsequently open. All that they may need to do, is print the page out after getting a quote. Many thanks. Rob You can use this in the Thisworkbook module Rob Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim bar As CommandBar For Each bar In Application.CommandBars bar.Enabled = False Next End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Dim bar As C...

SIZE OF FILE CHANGED
Ive got an excel file that was 1mb in size. I then made a couple of small alterations and now the file size has shot up to 8.5mb. The file is going to be uploaded to a website and may take a while to load. Any ideas why the file size had increased so dramatically. Cheers Duncan Here are 4 things that often reduce the size: 1) Blanks. Edit>Go To...>Special...>Tick Blanks. This will give you a Idea of how much space your Worksheet takes up. Try to reduce th Blanks 2) Fileformat. File>Save As...>Select Save as type: Microsoft Exce Workbook (*.xls). If you use Microsoft Exc...

Accidentally Pressed Send Mail Button
I accidentally clicked on the Send Mail button while working on m spreadsheet. Now I have a Send This Sheet email window open above m spreadsheet. How do I cancel the request to mail my spreadsheet? Thi won't happen again ... I deleted the Send Mail button from the butto bar -- but it is driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to clos the email window and not send the spreadsheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there What you need to do is click on the <FILE> menu, and move to the <Send To> item. A sub0-menu will appear, and you will see that th...

Changing field size in report
I want to print a report with a memofield. The field contains different amounts of text. How can I change the field size according to the data amount? thanks in advance for any helpful hint jokobe Set the Can Shrink and Can Grow properties to yes. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "jokobe" wrote: > I want to print a report with a memofield. The field contains different > amounts of text. How can I change the field size according to the data amount? > > thanks in advance for any helpful hint > > jokobe thanks for your fast answer, but that is not worki...