Simplest Way to Deal With XML?

Dear :

I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET XmlDocument,
is there any available class.

Regards

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have a look at www.codeguru.com there are some nice wrapper classes.

"Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear :
>
> I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET
> XmlDocument,
> is there any available class.
>
> Regards

Use MSXML and the interfaces provided by it. It would definately help
you to deal with XML.

"M" <ihatespam.0.a101888@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message news:<mfDad.30221$ay5.11254@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> Have a look at www.codeguru.com there are some nice wrapper classes.

> "Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dear :
> >
> > I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET
> > XmlDocument,
> > is there any available class.
> >
> > Regards

Why not use the XmlDocument class itself. You can use it with MFC.

------------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uaO0IR5rEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Dear :
>
> I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET XmlDocument,
> is there any available class.
>
> Regards
0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/12/2004 1:19:04 PM
How this?

> Why not use the XmlDocument class itself. You can use it with MFC.
>
> ------------------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>
> "Raed Sawalha" <raed_sawalha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dear :
> >
> > I need a simple way to deal with XML , like that found in .NET
XmlDocument,
> > is there any available class.
> >
> > Regards

Is there a way to delete all emails w/o deleting the account?
Hi, Is there a way to clean up an email account in Exchange 2000 Std. without deleting the account other than logging into it and deleting all the emails? We are having trouble logging into this account through Outlook or OWA. The user never maintained her email account. There seems to be thousands of items in her mailbox. I don't know if they're all emails or there are some calendar items, etc. too. I assume what the System Manager shows me includes everyting in the mailbox i.e. calendar items, contacts, tasks, etc. Is there a tool that I can utilize to clean up this mailbox? ...

Home equity LOC
I'm getting tired of how Money handles my equity LOC. I have it set up as a credit card type account, which is really the source of the problem, but Money doesn't really provide an alternative that I'm aware of. First of all, it considers it equivalent to credit card debt for the purposes of reporting, planning for savings goals, etc. And the Tax planner has a nasty bug in which it refuses to pull in transactions I have in the LOC even though I have them categorized as Loan:Mortgage Interest. Anyone found a workaround for these issues? I thought about possibly changing...

Generating XML
I am using the following code to generate XML and it is working just how I want it to except that I would like to include a customized header and footer. My preference was to write the text in order using a write file command in an access database. I am unsure how to include the XML content from the stored procedure. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA, Mary ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[mc_selEncounterReporting] -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @BatchID as int AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with S...

Moving the formula bar out of the way
I have some long formulas that cause the formula bar to display over the column letters. It helps when I check formulas to see what columns are in the formula without having to moving back and forth to a blank cell. Is there a way to move the formula bar so I can see the column letters? Thanks, Phillycheese5 -- Phillycheese5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Phillycheese5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24196 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498800 You can toggle it off...

is there a way to make the bars on a bar chart narrower?
help anyone? -- mcarrington ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcarrington's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498513 Hi mcarrington, Have you tried right clicking a bar then Format Data Series then change the Gap width? Ken Johnson Hi mcarrington, sorry, I left out one step... Right click a bar>Format Data Series>Options>change Gap Width. Ken Johnson ...

Simplest Question
Hi everyone I have this macro below that creates charts automatically and it works so far with no problems. I have 4 sheets Sheets("V","$","RU","Chart") Currently all the charts gets created below the actual data sheet "$". Q: How do I alter or add to this macro in order to make the chart in sheets("Chart") instead of sheets("$") ? Thanks alot for your help. regards, James Sub Graph() Dim L As Single, T As Single, W As Single, H As Single Dim i As Long, cnt As Long Dim X As Long, xx As Long, lastRow As Long Dim gap ...

Import XML to Access ...
Hi, Under the structure of XML file. In a given file can be 1000 <MIX> ...</ MIX> in any <MIX> may be the a few to several <ingredient>. From the standpoint of the database would be to import the data into two tables 1. tblMix 2. tblIngredient (additional tables should be joined together one to many -- so that the data are connected to each other) Theoretically, it seems about to learn - but I sit a little longer (looking in the internet) .. and I can not prevail on this. Does anyone of you przerabia� import of XML to an Access VBA! ? how to deal w...

Simplest CLR
What is the simplest (and cheapest/free) way I can use CLR on my home machine? I have XP & SQL Server 2008 developer. You simply need Visual Studio (the free Express edition will work) to build your CLR classes and then deploy to your SQL Server. Here is very simple example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms254956(VS.80).aspx -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Thanks, it's too involved for me to get into right this sec, but I'll probably do it next weekend. Two questions: 1) I didn't see the restrictions listed. What are they? ...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

how to make sure a xsl document has valid xsl syntax? i tried loading it into an xml document but that doesnt show syntax errors inside attributes such as "foo/bar" vs "bar\foo"
how to make sure a xsl document has valid xsl syntax? i tried loading it into an xml document but that doesnt show syntax errors inside attributes such as "foo/bar" vs "bar\foo" Daniel wrote: > how to make sure a xsl document has valid xsl syntax? i tried loading it > into an xml document but that doesnt show syntax errors inside attributes > such as "foo/bar" vs "bar\foo" System.XML performs only checks for the well-formedness of Documents, not for validity. You need a Schema for XSLT wich defines Regular Expressions to check for "sy...

Best way to make a custom control "reusable?"
Hi All, I want to use Stephen Lebans' custom scroll bar control to scroll a FlexGrid control. Within my application, I'll have a few different forms using his control this way. Desiring to reduce repeated code, I know I can create a module with all the functional code in it, then call those functions from the events generated in each form on which the control is used. Is there a better way to encapsulate the code for the custom scroll bar (really a set of four command buttons), then include it more cleanly into the forms where the custom control is used? U...

Reading in XML file, changing elements and saving back to the file
Hi Reading in XML file, changing elements and saving back to the file, how can i do that, I want to be able to read an XML file and read out Elements. for example <name>Tom</tom> When I read from a file i want to save the XML document in memory of the computer and when i am finished flush it back to the file, that means i want to be able to access the element in memory of the computer and when i change it will write it back with new changes. What is the Best way to do that ? I have tried it wiht xmlReader and xmlWrite, this is not saved in the computer. Gerald Maher wrote: &...

Best way to do?
Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me understand the best way to meet the following requirements: On Exchange 2003 (in SBS 2003) Each user has email addresses in 1-4 SMTP domains (e.g. domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com and/or domain4.com) (done - RUS) Users must be able to receive messages sent TO any of the 4 SMTP domains (done) Ideally a Reply will use the same SMTP domain for FROM that the message was addressed to (Outlook does this by default, correct?) Users must be able to send messages FROM any of the 4 SMTP domains (user.name@domain1.com, user.name@domain2.com, etc.) - the ...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

is there a way to delete old templates?
I Have made multiple templates instead of just changing old ones. Can I delete old templates? On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:10:01 -0700, Gloria Dei Lutheran <Gloria Dei Lutheran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I Have made multiple templates instead of just changing old ones. Can I >delete old templates? Sure; they're just disk files. Delete them in Windows Explorer. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Embedded CSS in XML
Hi everybody, I've just learned how to attach a CSS file to a simple XML document with: <?xml-stylesheet href="css_file.css" type="text/css" ?> It is possible to incrust the CSS definitions in the same XML? Regards, MVR Mario V�zquez wrote: > I've just learned how to attach a CSS file to a simple XML document with: > > <?xml-stylesheet href="css_file.css" type="text/css" ?> > > It is possible to incrust the CSS definitions in the same XML? I don't know what that has to do with .NET XML, the topic of thi...

Easy way to hide/unhide rows #2
:) Wow, that just might do the trick. No fancy VBA or macros o programming. I'll read up on it and give it a try. Mar -- Markshnie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Markshnier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27882 Another option to consider is selecting the rows you require and go Data\Group and Outline\Group. From there you can open and close selcted columns or rows with the click of a mouse. You can to multiple levels as ...

Write xml to a string
how can you create an xml document and put it in a string variable instead of writing it to a file? "Tim Faircloth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F85F05D-519B-4B5E-9CEE-44474FE6837A@microsoft.com... > how can you create an xml document and put it in a string variable instead of writing it to a file? Use the XmlDocument.OuterXml property to get the string representation. "Tim Faircloth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F85F05D-519B-4B5E-9CEE-44474FE6837A@microsoft.com... > how can you create a...

Is there an easy way to tie workbooks together?
I realize that there are other ways to achieve the results I'm looking for but I don't have time to learn anything else. I tried to have one workbook the first "section" you entered customer information and work that needed to be done by floor than room, the next "section" and the numbers were enter by links from the first "section" security system layouts, than telephone, cable and networking than audio and home theater, than intercom and central vac. These were link to a worksheet with quotes and finally one "section" for work orders. This t...

is there a quick way of getting rid of custom views?
Hi (again) :) i have auto-filtered my data. and have now save it as a custom view. i have now selected custom view. now i want to get back to the original view (unfiltered and unhidden) is there a quick way of doing this? other than going to each tab an clicking "show all" the only way i can think of is to save a custom view called UNFILTERED. but this works only if i remember to do this BEFORE started to filter/hide. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin You could just try switching off all filters by clicking Data/Filter/Autofilter. Seamu -...

What is the simplest way to print multiple worksheets?
I have a workbook with 30 worksheets of charts and 40 worksheets of data that feed the charts. Now I like to find the easiest way to print all 30 charts from this workbook at one simple command without printing the 40 data worksheets. Yes, I know I can click all the tabs while holding down the Ctrl key and then print. But I still have to click 30 tabs!!! Is it possible to set the print area across the 30 worksheets that contain the charts? By the way, the print set up for each chart is exactly the same. Any help will be very much appreciated. If your charts are all on CHART sheets in...

XML DataSet Deployment
Let me ask one more time! If you have an application that uses a DataSet (System.Data) but the dataset is only loaded with XML data. Do you need to deploy MDAC with your application? Trey No - DataSet is totally disconnected and can work without any back-end server connection. You can persist DataSet in XML files (and load it afterwards in) without even touching the database. HTH Daniel D.C. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Trey" <weaver@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:e9ui5oh$DHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl......

Finding out the default namespace of an XML document
I'm reading in an XML file with might be in either a 'new' format which defines a default namespace, like this : <rootElement xmlns:some-url> <otherstuff/> </rootElement> .... or might be in an older format without a default namespace : <rootElement> <differentstuff> </rootElement> What's the best way of using an XPathNavigator to find out whether the xmlns is present ? Thanks, Steve Steve Terepin wrote: > I'm reading in an XML file with might be in either a 'new' format which > defines a default namespace...

Is there a way to "mangle" names of exported classes in a DLL
I have a DLL with some exported classes. When I view the DLL in a tool like Depends.exe, all the class names and member names are displayed in plain text. This poses a security risk because some of my classes are named CEncryptor, CSerialNumberChecker etc. Is there a way to mangle the names in such a way that my application can still use the DLL with actual class names, but other utilities (depends etc.) cannot view them? Thanks, If you are really concerned about this, provide some unrelated names to your classes. Why worry about mangling it later? Another option is to use GetProcAdd...

Cleanest way to....
Quick background: I manage industrial projects from design, fabrication to installation. I have been asked by my company to schedule the work flow through microsoft project 2003. What is the best way to allocate resources to the fabrication? A typical scenario would be 6 pieces of equipment going through the shop at one time. I have the estimated hours for each piece of equipment. We run a shop that at peak levels has 20 fabricators. Can I simply have one resource called fabrication at 2000% and adjust the percentage of that resource assigned to each piece of equipment? An ...