Simple question on Cursor

Hello,

    I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change the
cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button.  In my OnClick
event, I have this code

void Button::OnClick()
{
hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT);
hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW);
}

Can someone explain to me on how to get this working?

Thank-you

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello

Try using BeginWaitCursor() then later EndWaitCursor()

Regards,
Elias
"dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>     I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change the
> cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button.  In my OnClick
> event, I have this code
>
> void Button::OnClick()
> {
> hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT);
> hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW);
> }
>
> Can someone explain to me on how to get this working?
>
> Thank-you

0
lallous (134)
9/3/2003 12:54:32 PM
thank you very much
"lallous" <lallous@lgwm.org> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Try using BeginWaitCursor() then later EndWaitCursor()
>
> Regards,
> Elias
> "dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change
the
> > cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button.  In my
OnClick
> > event, I have this code
> >
> > void Button::OnClick()
> > {
> > hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT);
> > hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW);
> > }
> >
> > Can someone explain to me on how to get this working?
> >
> > Thank-you

CWaitCursor or BeginWaitCursor/EndWaitCursor.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>     I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change the
> cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button.  In my OnClick
> event, I have this code
>
> void Button::OnClick()
> {
> hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT);
> hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW);
> }
>
> Can someone explain to me on how to get this working?
>
> Thank-you

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Copy drawing question
Greetings, In my work, I find it necessary to make a copy of an entire drawing, then make a few changes and end up with two or more cases. I do this copy by inserting a new page, selecting all on the original drawing, grouping them, and then copying and pasting them onto the new page. Some of the starting drawings were created by others. In many cases, the copy ends up with the Visio tags vs. the names assigned in the original. Renaming takes a long time. Is there a way, maybe VB programming, that would copy the drawing with the same names? I guess in you were programming the copy you...

Another Data Validation question
Hi, i have a question if anyone can help me with using data validation. i have a column range ( C6:C30) i want to set it up so it gives me a drop down list with the following content mdf birch ply small glass shelves large glass shelves opal acrylic clear acrylic metal frames ali channel in the next column (e6:e25) the costs £8.50 £14.50 £25.00 £40.00 £33.00 £33.00 £65.00 £22.00 basically, i want to be able to select a material, and the cost alters accordingly in the next column. i would like the information to be added on a separate sheet called ...

Newbie question about MS GP 9
Hi, I am new to MS GP. I just installed MS GP 9 on winXP Home and I have MS SQL Server 2000 installed earlier on this PC. After I installed the GP when I try to open it I get a message saying that MS GP Utilities should be run now. When I click "YES", a new box opens up with Server login fields. Server field shows only one entry - "LocalServer". MS SQL Server 2000 installed on the PC is called "Local" and SQL Server Service Manager shows the name of SQL server same as the name of the PC "Bubba" . This SQL Server uses windows authentication. W...

Re: Live Mail Question Please
jbvhiiiiiiiiiiivi "galickii anatolii" <gluktolan@mail.ua> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:... > > "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: > news:5xy_m.79866$de6.19500@newsfe21.iad... >> If this is not the correct group for a Live Mail question please direct >> me. >> >> Simple question. I use Live Mail only for newsgroups (Win 7 of course). >> Is there a way to set it up to boot to Newgroups as the default screen as >> opposed to Mail (I always have to then ...

Excel 2007 Send command question...
In Excel 2007. Ya click on the Office orb and you select "Send..." you are offered to send a copy of the document to other people. How can you edit or add what "Send" feature you want to use. I have the choices of send as e-mail, and XPS Document, a PDF Document or Fax. My friend only has the option of send as a fax. Are there settings somewhere to edit this list or any other way of editing your choices here? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. -Greg Does your friend have Outlook? Has your friend installed the PDF/XPS writer from Office Online? Greg...

Beginner SOP question
We've just upgraded from v 6.0 to v 9.0 and changed from a third party order entry/invoicing module to GP SOP. I have to re-enter all my invoices from 6/1/06 forward in order to have a complete year of sales history on the new install. With 44 days of invoices to enter, plus current daily invoices, I'm wondering if I can start entering the current invoices using the correct invoice number and then go back and fill in the documents between 5/31/06 & today? Thanks! -- Phil Camp Director of Information Hopkinsville Milling Company Yes, you can. However, are they already r...

HQ SO Question about costs for transfers
I have a location in Country A using store ops and am opening another location in Country B. I will be getting HQ soon and store ops for Country B. All items will be received in Country A, so there will be a cost associated with the item. However, when I transfer goods to Country B to put into thier stock, I will need to change the cost to account for duty and freight. In other words, the transfer in for Country B will need to have a different cost from the transfer out from Country A. Does HQ and/or SO have the capability to do this? Jason P.S. See also my thread about adding freigh...

Test questions? (off topic)
I'm leaving my current job to go to another company so I'm helping my current boss interview candidates to replace me. I drafted a 40 question test from scratch covering Active Directory, Exchange Server, Terminal Server, SQL Server & general networking questions that I thought we could use to gauge candidate's skill levels. My problem is that the first two candidates completely bombed my test (25% or less correct), although they had MCSE, CCNA, Bachelor's Degrees in Information Technology or similar credentials + 4 or more years experience 39 of my 40 questions I made u...

Two Questions abt RPC over HTTP
1. I've set up and tested RPC over HTTP on my personal machine, so far just on the local LAN. It works, but every time I start Outlook I'm prompted for my login credentials (Domain/username, Password), and it has prompted me a few times while Outlook is running. It's not giving me an option to save those credentials when I enter them, and I don't want my boss to ever have to mess with that. How can I make sure those credentials are always passed in the background automatically? 2. We have a remote office staffed by 1 employee, but soon, two employees will take turns altern...

Outlook 2003 Task question
Hi Group, We are looking in to the functionality of Outlook Tasks. We run in to the following issue: Person A creates a task request for person B. When person B receives the task request he / she cannot accept or decline the task request. What are we doing wrong? In a previous post on this list there was mention that a security update to Outlook from 01/10/06 (KB892843) might be responsible and needs to be uninstalled but as far as I can tell this update is not installed or cannot be uninstalled. Thanks, Sjaak You are doing nothing wrong. It's not working properly. Search newgroup...

CreateCompatibleBitmap() Question
Hi guys, When I set my Windows Display (Desktop->Properties->Settings) I can set it to 16-bit or 32-bit color, there is no 24-bit; which got me thinking. Lets say I go like this (in 32-bit mode): CDC* pDC=GetDC(); CBitmap bitmap; bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(pDC,2048,2048); Now, say I have no intentions of using the alpha-channel; won't I be wasting memory ? Should I make it 24-bit with CreateDibSection() ? I think it might be slower when I blit it to the screen that way but if I'm making some big-ass bitmaps (2048x2048) I can save four-million-plus bytes of memory. What do...

GridView Question 07-25-10
If you have suggestions on how to display I'm all ears...just learning gridview, detailsview, etc. and not sure how to make them display data in "my" layout/format. Still accustomed to using asp classic. I have placed a gridview on my page and want it to display address information. However, sometimes the address information field in the database will be null and I don't want the page to show a blank space. Modified this from a page on the net, but it either shows all the information including the blank line or it shows nothing and all of this is depends on row....

XML question #2
Hi, I don't know much about XML but I thought it was a cross platform data file. I opened a CSV file in XL and saved it as XML. Not only did it save the file structure, plus the data, but also saved a lot of XL specific stuff. Now, I want to open the XML file with another programme (Filemaker) but I get an XML parsing error when it gets to the "ProtectScenarions" tag. Is there some way to save the file without all the XL-specific stuff ? Is there such a thing as "plain XML" ? Thanks Yrrreth. ...

Deleting last 5.5 from 2003 admin group (KB question)
I'm following through KB 822450 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822450/ To remove the last 5.5 server from our location. Alls going well but I'm afraid step 12 has flawed me ! it reads: 12. Move any connectors on the Exchange 5.5 computer to a Site Replication Service (SRS) server in the site. This includes any of the following connector types: . Site connectors . X400 connectors . Directory Replication connectors I'm afraid I need a clue on how to get this done. I've looked at the ADC connector on the 2003 server but I can't see an...

CRM Sales For Outlook Question
Whenever I go offline, I see the message "If data validation needs to be performed, the exchange type must be bidirectional" in the Downloading Status dialog box. Should I be seeing this message or is there a problem. you have a problem..i have never seen this one before -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Brian Hanks" <BrianHanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B98078-9011-4149-B941-A3879FA35560@microsoft.com... > Whenever I go offline, I see the message "If data validation needs to be > performed, the...

mortgage account questions
I have two questions about mortgage accounts in Money '03 standard. I setup a mortgage account to track P&I paid on my home's mortgage and linked it to an assest account representing the house. 1.) I setup all the particulars about the loan (interest rate, monthly payment, length of loan, etc) ok but when I go to enter a regular payment, the P&I calculations are way off by at least $100. How can I make sure the calculations are correct? I want to use this account to also double check my lender's calculations and if I have to manually enter the P&I portions every t...

Upgrade questions
For some reason I am a little spooked about the upgrade to 2.0 from 1.3 x. I wonder if I may ask some questions: 1) Data loss- Had a guy who upgraded from 1.2 who lost all his purchase history- that is not good. Does this happen with 1.3 or is it only a upgrade problem? 2) In the past I would just unistall the old version and then install the new and then connect with the Admin.. do I need to go to admin and upgrade? How does that work? Any white papers or step by step that you could send me would be great. 4) Does QS Import work? I have had some say yes and others say no. 5) How ...

Process Priority Question
Sorry if this is a little off topic! I have an MFC multithreaded application that is handling several external pieces of hardware. The application is somewhat time sensitive but it seems to be working quite well on a WINS machine with a lot of distractions from the network and the CPU usage remains very low typically less than 2 - 3%. My question is what are the benefits and risks of assigning a higher priority to the running process? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ------------...

hard excel question
Hello, I am trying to do something kinda complicated. I have 2 columns. the first I would like to do a numbering. like F1.1,F1.2,F1.3, etc.... But I would only like a number if the second column has the word "Automated". The column can also have the word "Manual" which I want the first column to have nothing in it. It would be pretty easy to insert a value in the first column, if there is a specific value in the second. however I would like to do this numbering thing. can anyone help? thanks Maybe =IF(B2="Automated","F"&MAX(MID(A1:A...

Printer/Cash Drawer question
I just have a general question that I want to confirm my thoughts on and since this place is full of knowledgable people that have been doing this a lot longer than I then I though I would ask for input. I have several liquor stores where I have implemented RMS that use the functionality to ask whether to print a receipt or not for the customer simply as a paper saving option as most people don't want a receipt. Is there any way you can use a windows print driver for you receipt printer, select "Do not print a receipt" during the tender process and still get the cash dra...

5.5 OWA question
We currently have an Exchange 5.5 site with one Exchange 5.5 server which is running OWA. We are getting ready to move everything to two new servers and retire the old one. My question is: What is the best way to deal with OWA with two Exchange servers instead of one? Do we install it on both or just on one? If OWA is on just one of the two is it able to handle requests to mailboxes on either one? I know it's better to put OWA on a dedicated server but, unfortunately we do not have one. Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:19:29 -0600, "Kenny" <kenny@nch.com> ...

Email to Case workflow Question on CRM 4.0
For a couple of weeks now. I have been working on a workflow that converts an email to a helpdesk case. The helpdesk case is a customized entity that is joined to the contact table via a field on the helpdesk case call “Reported By”. This workflow has been built so that it can be used on demand, however, it should work automatically without any human intervention. The helpdesk case entity contains four attributes – Reported by, Email Address, Phone Number, and Location. The Email Address, Phone Number, and Location attributes are string or varchar variables. Reported by is a lookup...

simple? pasting simple formula, error on copy
I have some store buying spreadsheets I made up. Very very basic, one of the columns has a total at the bottom or end as you may call it for total $ amount bought. that final number is in c33. c1, c2, c3 etc is a amount from each vendor. I want to have a column telling me the percentage being spent on each, simple enough so I make a column with the following formula =c33/c5. I get a number, change it to percentage and BAM I have exactly what I want. I pasted that formula and pasted it into all the other rows of that certain column, but I keep getting the #div/0 error, cause the new formulas...

Simple hack to get $800 to your home.
Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://latestnewsupdate.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

inventory question
I want to transfer a portion of our stores inventory to the head office (space issue). Should I transfer to offline inventory so I can still see what is available to sell or is there a better method? Also I need to be able to scan the items out. Thanks maybe some could point me to a link in the online training that might address this question? cheers "christian" wrote: > I want to transfer a portion of our stores inventory to the head office > (space issue). > > Should I transfer to offline inventory so I can still see what is available > to sell or is the...