shutdown computer

How can we shutdown windows using mfc? And how can we open the CD drive
using mfc?

Thanks.
Jessica

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How can we shutdown windows using mfc? And how can we open the CD drive
> using mfc?

Look at ExitWindows/ExitWindowsEx.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6841)
3/31/2006 12:53:31 AM
Ajay Kalra wrote:
> Look at ExitWindows/ExitWindowsEx

Thanks. And how do you open the CD drive?

Thanks.
Jess

http://www.codeproject.com/system/eject_cdrom.asp

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6841)

Hyperlinks To Other Documents On The Same Computer
I crated a link in a WORD 2003 table (Windows XP HE). When I double-click. it won't open. It will open, however, when I right-click and select "Open Hyperlink". When I pull up the link in the Edit window I find: Link To: "Existing File or Web Page" Text To Display: "Link - Check Interest Rates" Look In: (Wrong folder!) Address: Correct address but it's preceded by a truncated address ("../../../") that I can't decipher. But, as I said, the link can be activated by a right-click plus "Open Hyperlink". No mater what I...

2 Computers - 1 Network Drive
I have 2 computers - each with its own Outlook 2007 (yes, I bought two separate copies). I also have a network drive. Can I have one set of outlook data on my network drive so each computer may access it? What files do I need to copy to my network drive? How do I "point" Outlook on the computers to the network drive? Steve wrote: > I have 2 computers - each with its own Outlook 2007 (yes, I bought two > separate copies). I also have a network drive. > > Can I have one set of outlook data on my network drive so each computer may > access it? ...

This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on This Computer
We keep getting this mesage when we click on a link in any email. This is on a single computer and he is the "administrator" for that computer. Any suggestions?? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

On Shutdown
How does windows or how can I signal my View when the user has clicked the X or selected Exit on the Mainframe menu? Thanks as always! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- What do you mean? If you want to close the window then send it a WM_CLOSE message. If you want to exit the application all together, then use PostQuitMessage(); AliR. "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:47a090e1$0$24853$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.com... > H...

can I copy something to move email accounts to another computer?
I am moving to a new computer and would rather not recopy email accounts. Is it possible? StephenAron <StephenAron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am moving to a new computer and would rather not recopy email > accounts. Is it possible? Accounts are usually stored in the Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles -- Brian Tillman ...

Word 2003 and 2007 on same computer
I'm running Windows Vista and would like to have both Word 2003 and Word 2007 available. I know this can be done in XP, but how do I do this in vista? First attempt at re-installing 2003 when 2007 was present resulted in 2007 version being overwritten. Any tips/tricks/resources appreciated. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:43:01 -0800, Zoltan <Zoltan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running Windows Vista and would like to have both Word 2003 and Word 2007 >available. I know this can be done in XP, but how do I do this in vista? >First attempt at re-installing...

How migrate emails and address book to new computer?
I am certain there are a number of good how-to tutorials out there - can someone point me to a few they know are accurate and reliable? I am upgrading to a new system and want to move all of my emails and address book to it. But because of a number of nuisances that have crept up in my existing Outlook I do not want to migrate accounts, rules, etc. to the new computer, just the raw data (emails and address book). Many Thanks, Troy Chollar TLC Creative Services, Inc. www.tlccreative.com troy at tlccreative dot com ============================== A Microsoft PowerPoint MVP =========...

Using A2003 dev. ext. on computer with A2007
I'm thinking of distributing af A2003 app packaged with the A2003 developer extensions to someone who already has A2007 installed on their computer. Am I risking destroying the A2007 installation? Thanks / Jesper Jesper F wrote: > I'm thinking of distributing af A2003 app packaged with the A2003 > developer extensions to someone who already has A2007 installed on > their computer. Am I risking destroying the A2007 installation? Destroying it? No. Messing with it? Almost definitely. In addition A2007 will also :mess with" you A2003 runtime. Generally it's ...

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

synchronizing Outlook 2003 between two computers
I assume there is a way to do a periodic synch between a desktop and a notebook. What do I do or where can I find how to do it? geezaflip <geezaflip@comcast.net> wrote: > I assume there is a way to do a periodic synch between a desktop and a > notebook. What do I do or where can I find how to do it? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman Perfect. Thanks. Can't believe Microsoft is so poor in quality as to not give us a synch process. "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:easRON5wFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

msconfig changes= a message when I start up, and computer manageme
Hi. I recently went into msconfig and shut off some programs at startup. I did not start anything else up. I shut off something to do with my photoediting program, ZuneLauncher (I have a Zune player and the software installed) and an icon that pops up to open and edit my HIDef Audio Deck. The Audio Deck is not the driver or anything, my sound still works. It is the interface to adjust sound properties like the sound icon/option you can adjust in windows notmally. I adjusted NOTHING else. In msconfigs general tab it is not on Normal startup (to load all device drivers and se...

Shutdown-difference between Shutdown and Reboot
Hello, does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown and the shutdown which is part of a reboot? I have a problem with an XP SP3 Computer, when i try to shutdown, it doesn't, but when i reboot, it makes the complete shutdown and reboots. The problem is caused by an external HDD, without it, the shutdown of the machine is ok. Now i would like to take the shutdown-command of the reboot, if that is possible. Thank you, Regards, franc francwalter wrote: > Hello, > > does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown > and...

Outlook 2002 hangs on shutdown
Outlook 2000 hangs at the "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits". I read Microsofts Knowlege Base Article - 834005 that list a Hot fix for the problem but their is no link to the file to down load. Can anyone help me find the file. Thanks You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Staff for Hot Fixes - they are not downloadable. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.g...

Replace shutdown with a forceful shutdown?
Is there a way (in registry or something) to arrange it so when you choose to shutdown an XP box (using the normal Start, Shutdown option) to replace this with a forceful shutdown, like "shutdown -s -f". I know, please dont tell me it's not a proper solution for when you cant shutdown due to processes hindering normal windows shutdown... this if for users whose XP boxes are almost out the door, so I dont care to troubleshoot whats causing them to hang while shutting down. All I know is shutdown -s -f is doing the trick, and rather than trying to teach users to shutdown ...

How to transfer and backup iBooks from iPhone to computer?
[url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-and-backup-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer-with-iphone-tool-kits.html][b]How to transfer and backup iBooks from iPhone to computer with iPhone Tool Kits?[/b][/url]Do you want to transfer iBooks from iPhone to computer for backing up? [url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-files-sms-contacts-call-list-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer.html][b]iPhone Tool Kits[/b][/url] is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone, so that you can recover any lost or missing songs, videos, books, photos and so on. It can easil...

Money 2001 & 2007 on same computer?
Folks, Would it be a problem to have both Money 2001 and 2007 installed on the same computer? I use Money 2001 for my personal finances. I just got the job of finance secretary at my church where the treasurer uses Money 2007. I bought Money 2007 so he and I could pass files back and forth. However, I don't want to move my own finances to Money 2007 because Money 2001 gives me a good view of my stock portfolio. The newer versions have more and more clutter on the screen to where I see more clutter than portfolio. I could install Money 2007 on a different computer, but it wo...

NOT download emails to "On my Computer" folder

Can't connect a windows 7 computer
I have a brand new Dell server with SBS 2008. I have a brand new Dell laptop running Windows 7 Pro. On the laptop I run http://connect and go through the wizard until I press "Set up this computer for myself" whereupon I get the message "The computer does not meet the maximum operating system requirements for running client setup" Any advice please Many thanks - Anthony Have you installed SBS2008 Rollup 3 on the server? 969121 Description of Windows Small Business Server 2008 Update Rollup 3 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;969121 ...

WinXP Professional -Shutdown
When I click the "Turn Off" window restarts. Can this command be corrected to shutdown the windows and ultimately the computer. This was working ok before. I tried to correct it by system restore but it failed saying that window did not shutdown properly. I also tried the "Last good config..." but did not correct it. Any help would be appreciated. In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. If that fatal error only occurs when you're shutting down, the system reboots automatically. If you...

Random shutdown of Entourage
Running Snow Leopard and Office 2008. Lately, Entourage will just quit for no apparent reason and then restart. What could be the problem? Jim On 4/28/10 7:26 AM, in article C7FDAFA8.55C32%jimc@dbtco.com, "J. J. Capone" <jimc@dbtco.com> wrote: > Running Snow Leopard and Office 2008. Lately, Entourage will just quit for > no apparent reason and then restart. What could be the problem? There are several solutions listed on this page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html#_2_crashes> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage...

Computer suggestion
What DELL system would you recommend for a 1 lane RMS - small store low volume? This system will provide both POS and Back-office functions. - Would like something in a USFF - small form factor. Will attached a receipt printer, laser printer and cash drawer - no Pole or scanner to start off with but must be able to accommodate them in the future. Dan i have a good experiencie working with OPTIPLEX (Celeron or P4, 512MB, 80 GB). Robertinho "Danny" wrote: > What DELL system would you recommend for a 1 lane RMS - small store low > volume? This system will provide bo...

A fresh start on a Dell computer
This is: Dell Dimension XPS T600r Pentium III, 598MHz, 319MB RAM, 12.7GB hard drive If PCR sees this post, this computer is the one with the "shadowed display" that you helped me with about 8 months ago. It seemed likely that a part failed in the video card, but I decided to live with it as it's still very usable. Another problem it has, a sound card but no driver. The driver it needs is: Aureal A2D Sound Driver 3.12 Windows 9x, I believe. A year ago, the Dell site mentioned a driver that is for a different video card. Searching then did not give a download of...

shutdown options
Is there a way to manage the options you get when you click start, then shutdown? You can choose from the pull down menu..log off user, shutdown, restart, stand by. I want to set it to always say shutdown. I searched thru the registry but didn't find anything that I felt sure about. Any ideas?? Create a shutdown shortcut on your desktop. http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shutcut.php http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=316 "N0mad" <N0mad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B61ED2B6-0584-4ABB-BA1F-9624ADA97F6F@microsoft.com... > > Is t...

computing sums
when i try to autosum a column of numbers, what im getting is the formula in the cell and not the sum. anyone know why this is happening? thanks in advance I suspect the cell where you are putting your AutoSum is formatted as Text Regards Trevor "Holden Caulfield" <HoldenCaulfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F387DB27-F20E-41CF-8171-6F6438798084@microsoft.com... > when i try to autosum a column of numbers, what im getting is the formula > in > the cell and not the sum. anyone know why this is happening? thanks in > advance The cell...

Need a batch file or small script to run /release and /renew on an XP computer remotely.
Hi, I connect to my office and subsequent school computers remotely pretty often, and am in need of a way to run the "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" commands from my remote location on the school computers. it would seem to be a simple file, I just don't know how to make the script "wait" for a min or so, and then run the "renew" part so I can reconnect. Anyone?? Thanks! niteowl niteowl wrote: > I connect to my office and subsequent school computers remotely > pretty often, and am in need of a way to run the &...