Should unimplmented pure function throw a compile error?

It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes.
If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure
virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the
compiler throw an error?

--
Bruce E. Stemplewski
GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS

yes, if you try to instantiate the class in your code it should.

"Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes.
> If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure
> virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the
> compiler throw an error?
>
> --
> Bruce E. Stemplewski
> GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS
> www.stempsoft.com

0
noone1 (387)

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...

How to use function strcpy to copy unsigned char?
Hello all: Look: unsigned char shellcode[]="\xC6\x45\xF7\x30\xB8\xBF\x8E\x01"; char buffer[20]; strcpy(buffer,code); I must use the function strcpy,who could tell me how to do?Thanks very much. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > Look: > unsigned char shellcode[]="\xC6\x45\xF7\x30\xB8\xBF\x8E\x01"; > char buffer[20]; > strcpy(buffer,code); > I must use the function strcpy,who could tell me how to do?Thanks very > much. > > CStdString is probably the best at who cares what kind of string it is. "Lee Tow" <...

502 Command unimplemented
Howdy, I am having trouble with my Exchange server sending to only some domains. Mainly Hotmail and MSN.. but there are a few others. Some email goes through just fine to other domains. I DO know for sure I can't send to hotmail or MSN. Anyway, the undeliverable message I get back says: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;502 Command unimplemented> Any clues on what I should do? I am stummped. I can find some info on the error message but no remedy as to how to ...

RPC/HTTPS functionality in Entourage 2008

DBMS: 30, Great Plains: 0 error
Hi all- Would anyone know what DBMS: 30, Great Plains: 0 error mean? I got the error message when try to post a SOP document either by itself or with a batch. Please help - Thanks in advance. Roxy Here is the exact error message from Great Plains: "The stored procedure sopTrxUpdatePostingStatus returned the following results: DBMS: 30, GreatPlains: 0." Thanks for any help- Roxy "Roxy" wrote: > Hi all- > Would anyone know what DBMS: 30, Great Plains: 0 error mean? I got the > error message when try to post a SOP document either by itself or with a &...

How to determine if compiling a Win32 versus MFC project?
Hello, I have a general utiltiy source file (util.cpp) that only contains usage of the HWND Win32 code. I would like to add some functions in it to also make use of the MFC CWnd. The issue is that the .cpp file may be compiled in various projects (MFC and Win32), some do not support MFC and I need to #ifdef out the MFC code during compile time. Is there a general define declared when your app is using MFC? Something like MFC_ENABLED. Example Code: =========================================== =========================================== #ifndef MFC_ENABLED #include "windows.h" #e...

Which Function does....
I have a range of cells (about 15 rows (people) and 180 columns(dates)). I am using max to identify the highest value within that range. Now that I have that many cells, which function would I use to identify the row (row 1) and column header (colmn A) labels associted with that max value? did this macro for a different problem a few days back. It should work for you though If your max function is in A18 the result will be in B18 and C18 Sub testmax() Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Range("A1:FY15") Range("B18").Activate For Each cell In myrange If cell.Value = Ra...

Getting Generic SQL Error
Hi all i am getting a Generic SQl Error when i try to create the phone call activity from plugin. phonecall call = new phonecall(); // set the regarding call.regardingobjectid = new Lookup(); call.regardingobjectid.type = EntityName.new_po.ToString(); call.regardingobjectid.Value = new Guid(poid.ToString()); activityparty to = new activityparty(); to.partyid = new Lookup(); to.partyid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString(); to.partyid.Value = new Guid(so.new_contactid.Value...

is there an auto complete function for words or phrases in 2007
I was 'upgraded' to 2007 from 2003 and am not happy about it. I have lost all my auto complete words and phrases; some of them paragraphs. Can anyone help me find out if this function is a possibility in word 2007? Many thanks. K AutoComplete doesn't work in Word 2007 (except for dates), but you can still insert AutoText entries by typing the first few letters and pressing F3. Or you can convert them to AutoCorrect entries. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Karen" <Karen@d...

RPC Communications Error
We have Exchange Server 5.5 running over Windows 2003 system This software was running well and I shutdown the server because it didn´t was available, it was not respondig ping from others servers and users couldn´t connect to Exchange server After this shutdown MTA service never more started. I think the problem is related with RPC because I get the following error message in eventviewer An RPC Communications Error Occurred. An attempt to listen over RPC has failed NT Error: 1899 [ BASE IL MAIN BASE 1 504 ] (14 Event ID: 932 MSEXCHANGE MT Can you help me? I verified this problem...

Function of Print To Slip receipt option?
Hello, I've been looking for what exactly "Print To Slip (OPOS)" on the receipt properties window in RMS Manager does, and I have yet to find an answer. Can anyone give me an explanation? Thank you. Data, If you have a slip receipt printer, it will print info on the slip receipt instead of the smaller 40 paper. Some examples of slip printers; http://tinyurl.com/rahka http://tinyurl.com/o5jbp -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not usi...

Delete a custom attribute causes "Query Builder Error
Deletion of a custom attribute used in relationship mapping or view causes "Query Builder Error - No Attribute" error when attempting to view/edit mappings or do a quick find. CRM should be updated to test for mappings to an attribute and usage and find columns in views before letting you delete an attribute. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

VBA function #4
I have a function in VBA, and it depends on two variables. It is called in another function. Blend_Qx(A,B) The function Blend_Qx(A,B) takes A and B, then gives a new value C in the function. Is there anyway to pass the variable C to the main program. like C = Blend_Qx(A,B) ? Hi Jeff, That's exactly the way to do it :-) Regards, KL "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F0293BE-E6E9-48F1-A9D1-8883AD4CDCC2@microsoft.com... >I have a function in VBA, and it depends on two variables. It is called in > another function. > > Blen...

hotmail/outlook 2003 error: 0x800CCC3D 'Unimplemented method'
A couple of days ago I started getting an error message in outlook2003 when attempting to send/receive from my Hotmail accounts. Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC3D) : 'The server reported an internal error.The server responded 'Unimplemented method'. ' I'm not unable to send or receive hotmail message, nor can I delete existing messages. I tried removing the accounts from Outlook then linking them back in but this didn't resolve the problem. I also tried running the Detect and Repair function and that didn't...

Error: InterfaceDictionary ... does not implement interface member ...
I am attempting to create a custom collection class which implements IDictionary -- with parameters -- public class MyClassCollection : IDictionary <int, MyClass> The purpose for this effort is to learn C# programmer at a slightly deeper level. I have a working sample that does not include parameters. When I add the parameters <int, MyClass> this is when I get errors. At this time -- my collection class -- with the parameters -- WILL hold a collection of custom class objects. Right now -- my collection class can store my custom class objects, and I can retrieve a...

IIF Function 03-12-08
I need to use an If statement in a field in my query, here's what I need it to do: If field name "PYE" equals "12/31" then insert "1/1" or If field name "PYE" equals "11/31" then insert "12/1" or If field name "PYE" equals "10/31" then insert "11/1". So far I have this Exp: IIF([PYE]= "12/31", "1/1", "") it works for the PYE's that are 12/31, but I can't figure out how to use the or part. Any suggestions? Use nested IIFs like this --- IIF([PYE]= "1...

Countif Function
Does anyone know if it is possible to count the number of cells which meet 2 criteria, 1 being the date and the 2nd being a cell with text in red? If so, how do I go about creating the formula? I can provide more info if required. Christine try this Sub CountRedDate() mysum = 0 For Each c In [c9:c12] If c.Value = [c7] _ And c.Font.ColorIndex = 46 Then _ mysum = mysum + 1 Next MsgBox mysum End Sub "Christine" <CRutter@csc.com> wrote in message news:blgnri$id1$1@lore.csc.com... > Does anyone know if it is possible to count the number of cells which meet 2 &g...

IF function #11
I have this formula in my worksheet, it keeps returning "-#VALUE!-" =IF(I2:I224="x","",IF(J2:J224="x","",COUNTIF(M2:M224,"ship"))) When I go to "Show calculation steps it shows that the error is in th 'I2:I224' Is it possible to use the "IF" function when including a range of cell such as 'I2:I224' -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http:/...

Hyperlink dos not function propery
I have Office 2007 When in Oulook I cannot ake "click to link" work get a sstem message "This operatio has been cancelled due o the restrictions on this computer. Pease contact your system administrator" I am the administrator I have no idea how to solve this problem Help please Rbert "Robert Middleton" <RobertMiddleton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6822D0A-8923-4CC4-BA92-00BAEA7F8BE3@microsoft.com... > I have Office 2007 > When in Oulook I cannot ake "click to link" work > get a sstem message &quo...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Should unimplmented pure function throw a compile error?
It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes. If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the compiler throw an error? -- Bruce E. Stemplewski GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS www.stempsoft.com yes, if you try to instantiate the class in your code it should. "Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaGJZhYCFHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > It's been a while since I have written anyt...

LINQ Except function
In the following function, when the two xml strings passed in are identical, I get all of the "File" nodes from docRight. I was expecting zero file nodes. I must be using Except() wrong -- can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? public static string FindUniqueOnRight(string xmlLeft, string xmlRight) { XDocument docLeft = XDocument.Parse(xmlLeft); XDocument docRight = XDocument.Parse(xmlRight); var docAddFromRight = from r in docRight.Descendants ("File").Except( from l in docLeft.Descen...

Resolving 2869 error generated while installing .msi file in Vista Machine.
These are the steps to resolve 2869 error generated while installing .msi file in Vista machine. 1) Copy the .MSI file to the root directory of your main hard drive (i.e. C:\). 2) Open Windows Notepad. 3) Copy this text into windows notepad: msiexec /i C:\program_name.msi (You can write the total path of your .msi file in the system, after msiexec /i.) 4) Replace the text "program_name" in the code that you copied with the actual name of the .MSI file . 5) Click File -> Save As... Instead of saving it as a .txt file, change the file name to installer.bat. Save the file...

time functions
Hello, I have Excel 2007 Can anyone help please, I want to display times as 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, etc. I cannot find a time format to do this, I keep getting 08:00:00 , etc Also, I want to be able to add 1 hour to a cell value, ie. to calculate cell A2 = A1+1hour. Can I do this ? Thanks for all help K =a1+1/24 or =a1+time(1,0,0) will add an hour. Can you just format the cell as: hh:mm? You may want to explain what failed. KRK wrote: > > Hello, I have Excel 2007 > > Can anyone help please, I want to display times as 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, etc. > > I cannot find a...

MRP Regeneration
Trx >> Manufacturing >> MRP >> Regeneration I am trying to understand the following error, rcvd when reconciling a single item in MRP: Unhandled script exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM SCRIPT_CMD_DEREF_TABLE The only suggestion I found in the knowledge base (doc ID 25918) does not seem to apply to our issue. This suggests field RCRDTYPE may have the wrong value in table IV00102 - the appropriate value is set in our case. I rcvd this error when investigating why an item was not showing requirements correctly in MRP. I continue to rc...