ShellExecute() multiple files to open to one instance

I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView.  When i loop to open
these files, a new instance is created for each file i open.

Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only?  Or a
registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of
this program?

My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it
can handle many files at once.

Thanks!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

check if the program has any command line switch or automation interface to
reuse an existing instance.

--
Regards
Sheng Jiang

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++
http://www.jiangsheng.net
http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/
"yellowfever13" <chadwilliamson1@gmail.com> ????
> I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView.  When i loop to open
> these files, a new instance is created for each file i open.
>
> Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only?  Or a
> registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of
> this program?
>
> My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it
> can handle many files at once.
>
> Thanks!

0
sheng_jiang (305)

More than one CRM 3.0 e-mail router in the same network
Hi our scenario is that we have one centralized exchange server servicing more than one company and two companies we want to implement MS CRM 3.0 with their e-mail routers, can some one guide me how we can do that as per my understanding that e-mail rounter should be installed on the exchange server and will point only to one CRM server. regards nader The Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router is an Exchange connector service; you can only install one instance of the service per machine. Therefore, install the Router for the first Microsoft CRM deployment, but not for each subsequent ...

External Links and Multiple Instances
I am running Excel 2000 on Windows XP Professional. For a long time, I was able to open up files in separate windows and to create links between these files by typing "=" in a cell of the target sheet and then clicking on a cell in the source sheet. I recently installed a second monitor and video card on my computer. Since then, I have been unable to both open multiple instances and create links between those multiple instances. At first I was unable to create multiple instanced. I have managed to create multiple instances in three ways. First, I have gone to options - ge...

Calendar sharing wide open. Must shut it down
I have users able to get into each others calendars without the calendars being shared. I looked at the permissions in AD C&U and sure enough, when I check the exchange advanced tab on a user, authenticated users are setup to full mailbox access and it won't let me change it. It is inherited from somewhere. I cannot for the life of me find out where. Any help would be appreciated. Check the permissions on the mailbox store. That's where it's usually misconfigured. This doesn't happen by default, by the way, someone would have set it. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating...

Adding Multiple Reports using SendObject
I need to send Multiple reports in a *.SNP Format. Can anyone guide me as to how this can be done? Thanks -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. ...

multiple forests
Hi, I'm trying to get OWA to work properly in a multiple-AD-forest Exchange 5.5 environment. Each forest has the proper trusts setup between the two, but for some reason, only one domain will succesfully authenticate to the OWA server. Is it possible to have one OWA server for all the forests, or do I need to setup one inside each forest to work properly? end of line, Reed Wiedower you will need a seperate OWA for each forest. "Reed M Wiedower" <district@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eKD4yxVXFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, I'm trying to get OWA...

Margin is out of page when open using Excel 2003
All my excel file which saved on Excel XP are out of order when open using Excel 2003. Please advise! ...

HOW TO DO -INPUT FORM WHERE DROP DOWN LISTS OPEN OTHER LISTS TO SE
Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch can start out with one type, then tree down to more specific types they must select. An example is at: http://www.accessmvp.com/Arvin/Combo.zip It uses listboxes but the code is the same. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "tnahowru" <tnahowru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24CFD905-A4F3-4B5D-81FE-2704B8BB6FA5@microsoft.com... > Inputters need to put in their time and select what they worked on, witch > can...

is the file exists
Is possible to know (is the file exists) Is possible to know (If folder exists) What I want if the code find the file or folder (display message box (the file exists) else (the file not exists) Check out the DIR function. It allows you to pass the name (full path and name) of a file and if it exists, returns just the name portion (without the path). If it doesn't exist it returns an empty string. It also accepts another parameter that allows you to check to see if a directory exists. HTH Dale -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! email address is inva...

Large shared excel files
I have an excel file that I use to manage clients. I have 1067 clients. I have 8 people in my department that edit the file. I have another 200 staff that have read only access to the file. Most of the time the file is about 1.3 MB in size. However, on occassion the file gets very slow and swells to about 25 mb. When I go to "tools" "Shared Workspace" it will show everyone who is currently signed on to edit the file. Sometimes however, it shows the same guy on three times. When this happens, the file creates a tmp file in the directory. It seems to me that excel ...

file association using MFC
Hi there: I am in the process of leaning VC++ MFC. I have written a program wthat will display the complete path for the selected file name from open dialog box. Now I would like to associate my program to a file type.. lets say .jpeg files. When I double click on any .jpeg files I would like to have may program open and display the complete path. I know it has to do something with DDE. Can somebody point me to the right direction. Thanks for your help Biju Here is the code void CChildView::OnFileOpen() { static char BASED_CODE szFilter[] = "Image Files (*.jpeg, *.jpg, *....

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Table Open Error
I am running Great Plains Ver 6.0. I installed a new client but when they print a report from an open table, they get "An open operator on table GL_Account_MSTR has an incorrect number of keys" Then I get a second window that says "Table Open Error". Other users work fine. I tried copying the Dynamics.set file, but the same error. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Rich It sounds to me like your Dynamics.dic dictionary has not been properly synchronised with your account framework and additional sorts. You can change the Synchronize=FALSE to Synchroni...

file:// links freeze or delay
I have a user with Windows XP and Internet Exp 8. Suddenly, out of the blue, linked file locations on our internal webpages file://server/subfolder/files containing pdf's/ instead of opening in an explorer window freeze while opening a internet explorer 8 window for about 1 minute before then opening the appropriate explorer window. Other users opening the same location in the same way get a very brief internet explorer window then almost instantly the correct explorer window... It's a new problem on a computer where it was previously working. No new software installs ...

Comma Delimited (CSV) Files
How can I save an excel file as a comma delimited (CSV) file, BUT still maintain a format that allows for 15-digit credit card numbers? These usually require special cell formatting (ie text or number) that get lost when saved as a CSV file. My understanding is that saving as CSV saves all formats as "General." The result is a file that displays credit card numbers in scientific notation (3.71528E+14)!! This doesn't work for batch uploading to process credit cards. What can I do to have a CSV Excel file that actually displays 15 digits!? Jerel If you just reformat t...

automaticly copy data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to find out if there is a formula that will automaticly transfer a row of data to another worksheet in the active workbook once a certain cell is populated???? just in case this sounds confusing let me clearify.... i have a main spreadsheet that has data for 3 companies, I want to just put a "x" in a certain cell that will then make that entire row of data copy to the worksheet designated for that specific company.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! thanks in advance! Hi Emily, A formula cannot change the value of another it can *ONLY* return a value. For what you want, you would ...

How do I combine several sheets into one document in Excel?
As you did not specify otherwise I presume there is something like Shee 1 has rows 1 to 250, sheet 2 has rows 1 to 500, and sheet 3 has rows to 250 etc. To join those you would highlight and Copy the rows in sheet 2, then then in sheet 1 click in cell A251 and Paste, then repeat the proces for sheet three into cell A751 etc. If you wish to match-and-merge data on the same rows from columns i another sheet that could be more difficult -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Handle to file
What is the best way to obtain HANDLE to file we know the path ?? I am using somethink like that: HANDLE handle; WIN32_FIND_DATA; CString file = "C:\\app.exe"; ..... handle = FindFirstFile(file,&w32fd); .... I need this handle to obtain file size: ..... GetFileSize(handle,NULL); ..... Maybe you know better way to obtain HANDLE to file and file size ?? -- __ phoenix_ phoenix_@wp.pl Take a look at CreateFile() .... Steve C "phoenix" <phoenix_@wp.pl> wrote in message news:bn5t59$bhp$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > What is the best way to obtain HANDLE...

Open a program and program file from Access VBA
OK. First off, I am wanting to know if this can even be DONE :) I am wanting to program a command button on a form to open another application and then run a file pertaining to that application based on the "part number" value in a field on a form. I know that command buttons can be programmed to open applications using the command button wizard. However, (an this is just my train of thought), can VBA take the value from the part number field, then look into a specified folder (or two) and find the file to open? Any help on this is most appreciated. Thanks :) Yes, VBA can tak...

CountIf with multiple criteria
I'm trying to set up some countif statements that will count the number of cells within a given range that contain number within a given range. Ex. One column has a list of random numbers from 0-100. The next column will count the number of numbers that fall into a given range. How many of the cells within the first column contain numbers between 0 and 9? 10 and 19? So on and so forth... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<10") =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<20")-COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<9") -- Gary's Student gsnu200702 &qu...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

Problem re-loading Office 2003
I have a fully certified copy of Office 2003 which was working fine and no problems at all - but after the hard-drive failed on my Vaio pc - I had to use the emergency disc to recover the XP system after a new hard-drive was installed. All my old programmes loaded like a dream - except Office 2003 that started the set up and then an error message came up - Waiting for cabinets to be cached - then missing file L2561412 and set up failed. I trawled through the web to try and find a solution and someone suggested that this was because 2003 was not locating the CD drive to locate...

How to print multiple worksheets in one workbook on the same page.
I want to create a worksheet that have a different number of columns in different sections. If I create a new worksheet for each section, can I print multiple worksheets on the same page within the same workbook? Can I use different column formats within the same worksheet? For example the top part of my form is only 4 columns the sections to follow are 5 to 7 columns wide. rrdiorio, >I want to create a worksheet that have a different number of columns in > different sections. Not if they're above/below one another. > If I create a new worksheet for each section, can I ...

file corruption
I'll start with questions, read below for the background: What should Excel users do to prevent file corruption or it�s beyon our control? Can I link to a file and extract formulas, not values? I�ve had this problem for some time already. Once in a while my mai working file wouldn�t open with the notorious: �Excel.exe has generate errors and will be closed by Windows�. I tried to cure Excel using all methods mentioned on various sites an forums but nothing works. I think it�s because the methods are for th case when Excel is corrupted, not a particular file. The problem is onl w...

Add One Condition!
Can this be added to "tblHorseDetails.Invocing=No" So as The Yes Records are eliminated tblHorseDetails.Invoicing is a Yes/No Field Thanks if you can help me with this...............Bob recHorseOwners.Open "SELECT OwnerID,OwnerPercent FROM tblHorseDetails" _ & " WHERE HorseID=" _ & val(tbHorseID.value) & " AND OwnerID > 0 ORDER BY OwnerID ", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic recHorseOwners.Open "SELECT OwnerID,OwnerPercent FROM tblHorseDetails" _ & " WH...

Still having trouble with this one :(
Yeah, that's great, but oma and activesync also become redirected, therefore doesn't work anymore :( Any other ways to do this, so that oma and active sync don't get redirected to /exchange ? "William Jay" <whjayg@msn.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:ubP0tD3gEHA.216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > To redirect the Default Web Site to point to the Exchange virtual directory, > follow these steps (KB 319878) > 1.. Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) IIS snap-in. > 2.. Right-click Default Web Site, click Properties on the shortcut menu, > and the...