ShellExecute() multiple files to open to one instance

I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView.  When i loop to open
these files, a new instance is created for each file i open.

Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only?  Or a
registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of
this program?

My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it
can handle many files at once.

Thanks!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

check if the program has any command line switch or automation interface to
reuse an existing instance.

--
Regards
Sheng Jiang

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++
http://www.jiangsheng.net
http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/
"yellowfever13" <chadwilliamson1@gmail.com> ????
> I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView.  When i loop to open
> these files, a new instance is created for each file i open.
>
> Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only?  Or a
> registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of
> this program?
>
> My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it
> can handle many files at once.
>
> Thanks!

0
sheng_jiang (305)

Multiple Condition Formatting
Hi, Can anyone help me on this: =IF(AND(F65<>0,G59="SELECT CUSTOMER"),APPLY FORMATTING, DON'T APPLY FORMATTING) I have been exploring the Conditional Formatting in 2007 and I may be wrong but I don't see a way to set a condition whereby two(2) logical conditions must be met for it to apply the formatting. Any ideas?? http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002980_Conditional_Formats_that_Distinguish_Blanks_and_Zeroes.html This could easily be applied to other conditions. Mike "Gerard Sanchez" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me on this: > ...

Merging Outlook Folders, Files and Contacts
Our family network has 5 Computers (3 with Outlook 2002 and 2 with 2000). Each has its own e-mail addresses, personal folders and contacts. After almost 10 years, the total amount of data, because of attachments etc., must be huge and we are all spending too much time filing and organizing. Is there any way we can merge the Outlook files & folders from all of them into one master set (without duplications) and then copy it back to each in turn. The wireless network is not stable enough to transfer large amounts of data but we have just acquired a 250GB portable hard drive backup,...

I have a problem with charts linked to another excel file.
I have a chart file that is linked to another file with the data. I cannot get the chart file to keep the format that I want. I keeps changing to show decimals and no commas. -- Accounting Manager Double click the text element that keeps changing its format. On the Number tab of the Format dialog, uncheck the Linked to Source checkbox and select an appropriate format. It should remain unchanged from now on. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

multiple SO invoice formats
I have a client that currentlyhas one department printing invoices from SO with the department's logo. Another department now needs to print invoices from SO using the same invoice format but with their own logo. Complicating the situation even further, they now have a second COMPANY database. They need to print another set of invoices from SO using the new company's logo. So I need 3 versions of this form. Is this even possible in RW? I'm assuming one modified report exists for the current invoice layout. Can I have 3 modified versions of one report? Any sug...

Multiple reports
I have a form frmPO with a subform sfrPO. On the subform is a combo box cboProjNo from which the user chooses a project number. The PO could be for many products for many projects. Once the user has entered all the products to be purchased, there is a button to click to print the PO report rptPO. There is also another report rptProjMat which lists material by project number. When the PO is printed, I would also like to print the project material report for each project chosen in cboProjNo on the subform. Not a problem if there is just one project, but how do I write the code to print a ...

Random access to large XML file
Hi, I need to have random access to the XML document, selecting children may depend of what parents are and vice versa, need to be able to go from deeper level back to ancestors etc. So naturally XPath (and XPathDocument and XPathNavigator) are the tools of choice. The problem is - how to deal with large files? Entire document has to be loaded in memory and for files over 50Mb "out of memory" error is guaranteed. Any idea how to have random access to large XML documents? Thanks, Yuriy. Yuriy Galanter wrote: > Hi, > > I need to have random access to the XML docu...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

Unable to open the Free/Busy Information
I just applied the DST and CDO update to my Exchange 2003 SP2 Server, have not run the Exchange Cal update tool. When a user try to view an appointment in a calendar for a conference room he gets an error message; client is using Outlook 2003, "Can't open this item, unable to open the free/busy information", what is the cause and fix for this. When I login with our admin account using the admin outlook profile which has full access to this calendar I can open the appointments without any problems. Not have any issues with any other Calendar. ...

multiple users with same email address
I've setup my folks as seperate users on XP but they both share the same email address. When one logs on and recieves an email, the other cannot get it in his/her inbox. How do I set it up so that they both recieve all emails to the shared email address regardless of who logs into XP first? Thanks Set them up with separate e-mail addresses/accounts - or set up the mail profiles to share the same PST file for delivery so they can at least see the same stuff. simpleton.... wrote: > I've setup my folks as seperate users on XP but they both > share the same email address. &g...

Multiple conditional formulas
HELP! I have a pricing model in which I have 4 pull down lists in which the user can select multiple combinations of criteria: Pulldown list #1 Country State City Zip Pulldown list #2 Yes No Pulldown list #3 Hosted GDS Data File Pulldown list #4 Under $1M $1-$5M Over $5M I currently have pulldown lists #1 & #2 in the condition below but now need to add pulldown lists #3 & #4 to the formula below without going over the 7 "if" limit. The catch is there is a discount % that needs to be added on to the existing criteria from the vloo...

linking charts to one database
I want the same chart from the same database to be linked to two different worksheets so that any changes made will transfer to both charts. ...

ShellExecute problem?
I tried ShellExecute to open excel file but I cannot open other text files on excel. I was able to open an an ordinary text file using WinExec, but I don't know the exact option how to resize a column when opening an ordinary text file. my calling for ShelExecute ShellExecute(HWND hParent, "open", PathName, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); Text files would be opened with NotePad. Excel files (.xls) are not text files. Forget that WinExec exists, you should not use it for anything. The concept of "column" does not exist with respect to text files. Do you mean you wan...

WinExec and/or ShellExecute
Hi Support's Team : I run a batch file with WinExec or ShellExecute, but I want to wait upto finishing this execution before to begin with next command statement in my code. What would be i do the next steps to follow ? Thanks in advenced, German Medina +519-662-8500 You want to use ShellExecute. And WaitForSingleObject to get the signal that the new process has exited. Keep in mind that things get a bit tricky if your batch file makes a call to windows exe, because the batch file will proceed to the next line, even if the windows program has not exited yet. SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExec...

Save a file in a .QIF format
I want to save an Excel in .QIF format so I can import it into another application. Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Nick Hi AFAIK Excel can't save in this format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nick Orem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:503401c49106$bd487450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to save an Excel in .QIF format so I can import it > into another application. Is there a way to do that? > Thanks, > Nick You would have to write a macro to create the QIF file. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:06:00 -0700, "Nic...

Frank Kabel
Frank Sorry I did not explain my requirements fully. I am looking for an Function that will automatically fill a series of numbers on certain criteria, for instance, for all the occurances of "DI" in column A, a series should appear in column B as shown. Column B represents slots of 4 inputs, when each slot is filled the series should increment to the next slot as shown below: A1=DI B1=0101 A2=DI B2=0102 A3=DI B3=0103 A4=DI B4=0104 A5=DI B5=0201 A6=DI B6=0202 A7=DI B7=0203 A8=DI B8=0204 A9=DO B9=0901 A10=D0 B10=0902 A11=DO B11=0903 A12=DI B12=0301 A13=DI B13=0302...

linking multiple workbooks
Can someone please help me with linking multiple workbooks to a listbox I have 32 excel workbooks full of charts and I want to link each t selection in a listbox on a master sheet. Help!! Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what your ultimate goal is. What should happen if you select one entry in your listbox? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can someone please help me with linking multiple workbooks to a > listbox? I have 32 excel workbooks full of charts and I want to link > each to selection in a listbox on a master sheet. >...

Correction
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew Have you tried copying the contents to a new workbook, and saving i...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...

Importing Outlook.pst file into Outlook 2000
I copied Outlook.pst file from my office outlook 2000 to a writable CD. I inserted CD into my laptop and copied the outlook.pst file to a new folder on my laptop c drive. My laptop contains outlook 2000 as part of office 2000 small business. The import worked ok with all Emails and contacts in the address book, as well as the importation of contacts in their assigned Groups. I examined several Groups and all contacts were in their appropriate Groups. I closed the address book and opened it again, and all contacts were still in their groups. I closed Outlook, opened outlook again,...

Filter based value in multiple columns
How can I filter my table to only show rows where cells in Column A AND Column B are blank? It's possible for a cell in Column A to be blank while the corresponding cell in Column B is not, and vice versa. You could add a column header first then use "AutoFilters" from "Data -> Filter-> AutoFilter" Select which column you need to be blanks, say column A with required criteria (you case, "BLANK") from header dropdown icon. Then set the other column criteria. "Melissa" wrote: > How can I filter my table to only show rows where cells...

multiple pages for multiple users
Before creating the workbook. I want to set up a workbook with multiple worksheets. I want each of the worksheets to have its own password to allow the assigned user to only access to that sheet. I still want in place a passcode for me to protect what I want to protect. Does this make any sence? Can it be done like in the scenario? Or is it too complex? It is going to be one workbook -- 19 worksheets (two hidden, one view only and 16 individual users? Any other suggestions will be appreciated? fourskunks Excel isn't made for this kind of security. If the data is not supposed to...

Creating a number of Hyperlinks one after another.
I have a large number of text files that I scanned into different folders such as, essays, newspaper articles etc. I saved the files by name followed by the date I wrote them. It was only when I tried to add an extra field to the file name so that I could sort them by name or the date written that I discovered it was not possible because I have never needed to do this exercise before. I know that I could copy the folder and then change the file titles from starting with their name to starting with the date that they were written but that would mean doubling up a number of ...

Multiple copies per page
With 2002 trying to print business cards on geographics business card paper. 10 cards per sheet. Each card is 51mmx89mm, no border vertically or horizontally between cards. Only border is at left, right, top, bottom. I can't find any way to make publisher do this when I go to CHANGE COPIES PER SHEET menu. HELP!!! Have a look at the following business card tutorials: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >With 2002 trying to print business cards on geographics >business card ...

Moving Exchange 2003 from one box to another #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00EC_01C61758.5F3AAE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Any pointers/whitepapers in moving Exchange installation along with = mailboxes and public folders from one box to another? Second box will = have it's own unique name and original box will still stay there with = Exchange services disabled. Thanks, GS ------=_NextPart_000_00EC_01C61758.5F3AAE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!D...

Creating a huge multiple table diagonally, not row by row or column by column?
Dear All: I want to creating a multiple table using Excel 2007, as follows: 1 2 3 ... 1 (1) (2) (3) ... 2 (2) (4) (6) ... 3 (3) (6) (9)... .. .. .. Every position is the product of leftmost multiply top most value. I can use formula to do it row by row or column by column. But I cannot do it diagonally. The reason I want to finish this table one step is there are too many rows and columns to do them by row or by column only. Thanks. Du In B2 enter this formula: =3D$A2*B$1 Copy this across the row into C2 to however many columns you have. Then highlight B2 to your last cell a...