SHBrowseForFolder with initial UNC folder and no context menu?

I use SHBrowseForFolder() for selecting folders, but I don't want the
context menu because it makes it too easy for novice users to rename folders
etc.

1: SHBrowseForFolder() without BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE don't have a context menu,
but doesn't  work well with an initial UNC-path (see:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29634013/shbrowseforfolder-questio.aspx)
2: SHBrowseForFolder() with BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE have the not wanted context
menu but works well with initial UNC-path.

Is there a way to either:
A) Make "1:SHBrowseForFolder() without BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE" work well with
initial UNC-path, or
B) Hide/disable the context menu from "2: SHBrowseForFolder() with
BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE"

Best regards from Gaute

0
Gaute1 (15)
5/29/2008 2:21:18 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use this class.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/XBrowseForFolder.aspx

AliR.

"Gaute" <Gaute@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>I use SHBrowseForFolder() for selecting folders, but I don't want the
>context menu because it makes it too easy for novice users to rename
>folders etc.
>
> 1: SHBrowseForFolder() without BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE don't have a context
> menu, but doesn't  work well with an initial UNC-path (see:
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29634013/shbrowseforfolder-questio.aspx)
> 2: SHBrowseForFolder() with BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE have the not wanted context
> menu but works well with initial UNC-path.
>
> Is there a way to either:
> A) Make "1:SHBrowseForFolder() without BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE" work well with
> initial UNC-path, or
> B) Hide/disable the context menu from "2: SHBrowseForFolder() with
> BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE"
>
> Best regards from Gaute

0
AliR3470 (3235)
5/29/2008 3:30:08 PM
No, it doesn't work well with initial UNC-path.  It has the problem I
referred to (1).
Gaute

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> skrev i melding
> You can use this class.
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/XBrowseForFolder.aspx
>
> AliR.

0
Gaute1 (15)
5/29/2008 3:59:35 PM
Gaute a =E9crit :

> Is there a way to either:
> A) Make "1:SHBrowseForFolder() without BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE" work well with
> initial UNC-path, or
> B) Hide/disable the context menu from "2: SHBrowseForFolder() with
> BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE"

You can ask on specialized win32 api newsgroup
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
where the methods have often been discussed....
In addition to this group I will try: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui

"marc" <marc.tessis@caramail.com> skrev i melding

You can ask on specialized win32 api newsgroup
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
where the methods have often been discussed....

0
Gaute1 (15)
5/29/2008 5:24:15 PM
Hi Gaute,

I've never tried to do this without the right click menu (I actually wanted
the menu), but I did some research and I think except for writing your own
that's just how it works.  That control is sort of an accumulation of
"stuff" from many shell releases (seems to be part of Explorer releases) and
I think that's just how it works.  However, I could easily be wrong and
posting to the other group for more information makes a lot of sense.

Tom

> No, it doesn't work well with initial UNC-path.  It has the problem I
> referred to (1).
> Gaute
>

> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> skrev i melding
>> You can use this class.
>>
>> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/XBrowseForFolder.aspx
>>
>> AliR.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/30/2008 1:27:36 PM
Thank you, I found a soultion.  It is posted in
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui

0
Gaute1 (15)

Discover who has viewed/accessed Public Folders
I have just been made aware that since an exchange migration, default and anonymous had basic access rights to a restricted folder. Is there any way of discovering who has accessed these folders? Many thanks in advance for any assistance! "spastemizer" <spastemizer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just been made aware that since an exchange migration, default and >anonymous had basic access rights to a restricted folder. > >Is there any way of discovering who has accessed these folders? Not that I know of. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP...

application folder
Hello How can I determine (at runtime) the folder in which my EXE resides? Thanks Vaclav --- Odchoz� zpr�va neobsahuje viry. Zkontrolov�no antivirov�m syst�mem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz). Verze: 6.0.517 / Virov� b�ze: 315 - datum vyd�n�: 8.9.2003 Use the GetModuleFileName() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "V�clav Jedli�ka" <vjedlicka@iol.cz> wrote in message news:eevnf19dDHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How can I determine (at runtime) the folder in which my EXE resides? > > Thanks > > ...

SHBrowseForFolder
I want to set the pidlRoot member of the BROWSEINFO structure to a default location. How do I get a PIDL from a path represented by a text string like this: _T("C:\Program Files")? Thanks I'm not certain about the pidl for an arbitrarily named folder, but if your real interest is the "Program Files" folder, then you shouldn't use a text string anyway, since the text is user-selectable and in fact changes based on language locales. For "Program Files" and other special folders, you can get the pidl using the SHGetFolderLocation function, passing in a CS...

Public Folders on 2 Exchange Servers
I have 2 Exchange Servers (2003 Ent. Ed.) that each are running Public Folder stores. They are in sync and I'm trying to turn one of them off so that everyone will only use the other server for their Public Folder needs. Once I dismount the store that I no longer need, noone that's got their mailboxes on that server can see what's in the Public Folders on the other Exchange Server. How can I dismount one of the Public Folders stores and have those people with mailboxes on that specific server read/access the Public Folders on the other Exchange Server without moving their ...

Norton Antispam folder
What do I need to do to enable the Norton Antispam folder. It is always empty whilst spam e-mails go into my INBOX - very annoying. Have you checked the documentation that came with the Norton AntiSpam product? A quick review of the Symantec online knowledge base turned up this article on configuring AntiSpam 2005: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/db7dbf37ab6d8b5085256eda0045925a/860c2d9d9221bc6088256ed9007addbf?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20AntiSpam&ver=2005&src=sg&pcode=nas&svy=&csm=no "Bodster" <stefanbodo@ntlworld.com> wrote in messa...

Have a Question About Replicating Public Folders
Hello-- I am moving Exchange 2003 servers and am in the middle of moving the default public folders. When I go to check the status of the replication via the folders' properties, replication details, the source server is saying, "in sync" but the destination server is saying, "local modify" These are not mailed enabled and they are default public folders. I have left them to replicate for about 14 hours and the status is not changing on the destination server. Is it OK to end the replication and move on with removing the source Exchange server or is there some...

OWA
Pertinent Info: Exchange 2003 Ent. SP2 - FE (mail1) and BE (cluster (mail4) and dedicated PF (mail3) server) Server 2003 Ent. SP2 - BE and dedicated PF server Server 2003 Std. SP1 - FE Scenario: We are moving from a single Exchange server (mail2) to a cluster setup for mailboxes only and with a single dedicated PF server. Currently I am following KB822931 "How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group". So far so good, no issues. I've been able to replicate the Public Folders to the dedicated PF server (mail3) and rehome the OAB, OA...

how to hide the main menu of SDI Application?
I mean just hide, but not destroy it, anyone can help? Thanks a lot. "Bryan" <kfc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23YgVLZ2WEHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I mean just hide, but not destroy it, anyone can help? Bryan, This is just the first thing I tried, but it seems to work... VOID CMainFrame::OnShowHideMenu(VOID) { if (m_hWnd && m_hMenuDefault && IsWindow(m_hWnd) && IsMenu(m_hMenuDefault)) { if (::SetMenu(m_hWnd, ::GetMenu(m_hWnd) ? NULL : m_hMenuDefault)) DrawMenuBar(); } ...

Outlook 2003 folder list
I have several mailbox accounts listed in my folder list. Is there a way to change the order in which those accounts show on the folder list. Example: Mailbox - Help is listed below Mailbox - Reports; I would want to change the order to be Mailbox - Help then Mailbox - Reports. How would I do that? The default delivery location/account is always sorted at the top of the list first, then we sort alphabetically after that. Many of us use "1-(account)" then "2-(account)" to force the sorting to place specific accounts above others. -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! ...

Accessing a sub-form sub from a custom right-click menu
I've searched everywhere I could possibly search, with no answer to the following question. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but searching the archives yields no suitable answer. I have a form that has a sub-form. I've created a custom context menu so that right-clicking on a listbox on the subform displays my custom right-click menu. I want to call a sub on the subform, but I have not figured out a way to accomplish this. Of course I need to call the open instance of the form/subform because certain information is only available on the subform object. Is there a w...

Folder Permission
When I create a rule for email, I receive the following message: This rule can not be created. Check your folder permission. Windows XP Pro Office 2002 Norton Antivirus Home Network/Router/Cable Modem ...

folder consistently not added
WMP v 11.0.6002.18111, Win VHP 32, v 6.0.6002 SP2, build 6002, sys. type: X86-based PC (2) newish HP laptops, same CS & WMP v.’s, both recently reformated, all working fine. 1. WMP services & processes stopped, 2. Media Player folder removed fr C:\User\....\Local\Microsoft\. 3. Library of 15k files stored on ext. HD, consistently, rebuilding the Library several folders will not be added, folders with music files. 4. The individual music files do play. 5. I am only concerned with a audio library. I am thinking there must be some kind of attribute on the ...

initializing controls in a modal dailog
i have a modal dialog that has a treeCtrl , i need to add conents to the tree , but making changes before calling the doModal() doesn't work . I know NOW that the treeCtrl doesn't exactly exist , because step into fails at ASSERT(pWND) or something close . A main dailog calls this dialogs domodal() function, but the treeCtrl isn't getting intialized how do i solve this problem You really have to do that inside the dialog - normally within OnInitDialog() This might mean you need to pass in some additional data so the dialog knows how to build its tree (for example pass stuff in...

Different folder of exe and dll
Hi, I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same folder of the .exe. I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll exists. How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it with the desired dll path?? Yoav. [Yoavo] > I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same > folder of the .exe. > I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll > exists. > How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it > with the desired dll path?? You m...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

full UNC path in footer
How do I display the full UNC path (i.e. \\server\home\user\filename.xls) instead of the mapped drive path (x:\filename.xls) in the footer of an excel (or word) document? All of our user's home folders are mapped to Drive X and when they put the path on the footer of the document they are looking on, it shows x:\filename.xls. It is not a problem if you know who printed the document, but if you don't, then it is a pain to search for that particular document in all the users' home folders There is an article at MS to get a UNC Path http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q151027/...

Changing default Drafts folder
My default email account is IMAP and it has a Drafts folder. Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to autosave to the drafts folder in my IMAP account rather than the drafts folder in the pst file? Thanks ...

How do I add a Folder to My Favorites? #2
I found and added My Favorites to the Open box and can add files to My Favorites, how do I add a FOLDER to My Favorites? Christopher wrote: > I found and added My Favorites to the Open box and can add files to My > Favorites, how do I add a FOLDER to My Favorites? Click on the "New Folder" icon? -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and counting!) gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! Thank you, Gordon...I discovered that path and was kind hoping for something closer to the "Old&q...

import folders from OE to O2002
my problem: i'd like to migrate all my email history (messages (in several folders), addresses, etc.) from Outlook Express 6.0 to MS Outlook 2002 ok i know.. use the "import/export", i use it, but i dont know where are my folder from outlook express to outlook 2002. when i import the folders i see a progress bar and all work fine, no errors. but only see messages in the "inbox" folder =/ any help plz! guarez <guarezkredit@yahoo.es> wrote: > i'd like to migrate all my email history (messages (in > several folders), addresses, etc.) from Outlook E...

Passworded folders
Hi Folks. With info from a previous post "run multiple OE6", I have created two additional folders and have emails from two separate addresses going into these two folders. The main emails still go into the standard inbox. I know you can password your emails coming in, but after they are in, it is possible for anyone to start OE and read the emails. Is it possible to password the opening of the two newly created folders? Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Looking forward to your answer in anticipation. -- <-><-><-><->...

Messages sent to folders appear twice!
Outlook 98 - I have set up rules for messages from certain senders or with certain words in the subject to be directed to a specific folder. Some of these messages appear in the folder twice. Any idea how to stop this? Glen ...

Public Folder problems
Situation is as follows: Server1 in parent domain has a single SMTP Connector for internet bound email and incoming email. Server1 is member of RoutingGroup1 Server2 in the child domain is member of RoutingGroup2. Both Routing Groups are connected by a Routing Group connector. Mail between all users mailboxes flows without a problem We have the following issues: Issue 1: Public Folder replication only works one-way: from Server1 to Server2 Issue 2: Users canot send emails to mail-enabled public folders in the other routing group. If they try this, the emails get stuck in the Local Delivery...

Why did my folders in Outlook disappear?
I work with numerous folders and when I get email, often times I will just move it to the appropriate folder....however, the other day when I logged on, 98% of my folders were gone. I did not delete them, they just were not there. I do delete my deleted email folder and junk mail folder every couple of days....but that's all. I have tried to find the answer to my question and still have not gotten an answer. Is it possible for Outlook to just auto delete folders for whatever reason? Please help. What folders remain and what type of mail account do you have? Also, what version ...

SHBrowseForFolder Subclassing.
I would like to change the name of the "cancel" button. Is that possible with Subclassing, Superclassing, etc.? ....Bruce Maybe this article can help you: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/browse_for_folder_dialog.asp -- Mav Rossi "Bruce Arnold" <b_a_r_n_o_l_d@b_l_a_s_t.n_e_t> ha scritto nel messaggio news:cka5tv4rf6mq086b1nf6t6gom5rgds0a33@4ax.com... > I would like to change the name of the "cancel" button. Is that > possible with Subclassing, Superclassing, etc.? > ...Bruce > > And this too: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/browse...

Public Folders "offline"
Hello, We use Exchange 2k3 with Outlook 2k3. The "Exchange Cached mode" is AWESOME. However, it doesn't seem to be working with Public Folders offline? Do I need to do anything special to mark those folders as available offline? Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, From Outlook, you need to add specific Public Folders to your Favorites. Right click the PF and then click Add to Favorties. Now modify Send/Receive Settings. In the Folder Options list, expand Public Folders, then expand Favorites. Select the folders from your Favorites list that you want to make available offline. HTH, K...