SHBrowseForFolder Question C++

I tried to use the BIF_USENEWUI and BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE style keywords
but I always get that those two are undeclared identifiers.  I need to
get a select new folder icon up on the SH BrowseForFolder and have read
the other messages on here about that and haven't been able to come up
with a solution. Does anybody know why these would be undeclared
identifiers, are they just C# related or am I missing something.  I am
using MS Visual Studio C++ 6.0

0
berad20 (2)
11/30/2005 6:46:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here's what I did in my code:

#ifndef BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE
#define BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE 0x0040
#endif

and

#define BIF_USENEWUI    (BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE | BIF_EDITBOX)

Which, of course should come after the first define...

Tom

"berad20" <berad20@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried to use the BIF_USENEWUI and BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE style keywords
> but I always get that those two are undeclared identifiers.  I need to
> get a select new folder icon up on the SH BrowseForFolder and have read
> the other messages on here about that and haven't been able to come up
> with a solution. Does anybody know why these would be undeclared
> identifiers, are they just C# related or am I missing something.  I am
> using MS Visual Studio C++ 6.0

0
tserface (3860)
11/30/2005 7:40:00 PM
Thanks Tom, that did it

0
berad20 (2)
11/30/2005 7:46:43 PM
> Here's what I did in my code:
>
> #ifndef BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE
> #define BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE 0x0040
> #endif
>
> and
>
> #define BIF_USENEWUI    (BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE | BIF_EDITBOX)
>
> Which, of course should come after the first define...
>
> Tom

That's a nice tip...
0
js6519 (32)

SHBrowseForFolder
I want to set the pidlRoot member of the BROWSEINFO structure to a default location. How do I get a PIDL from a path represented by a text string like this: _T("C:\Program Files")? Thanks I'm not certain about the pidl for an arbitrarily named folder, but if your real interest is the "Program Files" folder, then you shouldn't use a text string anyway, since the text is user-selectable and in fact changes based on language locales. For "Program Files" and other special folders, you can get the pidl using the SHGetFolderLocation function, passing in a CS...

CTabbedMDIChildWnd questions
I have been experimenting with a few code samples downloaded from CodeProject. The latest thing we are trying out is the CTabbedMDIChildWnd project. Managed to get a new project adapted to use a tabbed ChildFrame in just a few minutes, but have a few questions about the tabs/views. Anyone have experience of this project? We would like to know how to get the views to display anything! In the demo they derive from CView and just capture OnDraw and draw some text. I have tried to take that further by creating 2 views - one derived from CListView and one derived from CTreeView and created ...

questions
Can you help me?I can't understand.PLEASE TELL ME !HOW IS OUTLOOK EXPRESS? Slick - but you are asking in the wrong news group. Try one for Outlook Express, this one deals with Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer user27 <user27@mail.edu> asked: | Can you help me?I can't understand.PLEASE TELL ME !HOW IS OUTLOOK | EXPRESS? ...

Pasting Word table cell with paragraph markers into single Excel c
I have a Microsoft Word document that contains a table, each cell of which may contain paragraph markers. I need to copy and paste this table into Excel. However, whenever a cell from the Word table contains paragraph markers, rather than pasting the contents of the entire cell into a single cell in Excel, the paragraph markers are treated as delimiters, and the data is pasted into multiple Excel cells. If the cell from the table in Word contains one paragraph marker, then when I paste that cell to Excel, it pastes it into two cells. If it contains two paragraph markers, then it pa...

Some questions about OutlookSync
I am considering purchasing a third party product called OutlookSync, which helps synchronize contacts, emails, etc between Outlook on different PCs, such as on a home network. I'd like to know if anyone here has any experience with OutlookSync? Especially, if I did purchase it, could I use it with any profile I have on the different machines, and if so, how? Rod Rod <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote: > Especially, if I did > purchase it, could I use it with any profile I have on the different > machines, and if so, how? That certainly sounds like a licensing question and the ...

importing question
how can i import from another file like csv, without losing my cell formatting in excel "oTTO" <junk@junk.com> wrote in message > how can i import from another file like csv, without losing my cell > formatting in excel Open the CSV file in a new workbook. Then highlight and copy the data that you want from the CSV file. Go to your current workbook and do Paste Special > Values. This will allow you to import the data while maintaining your current cell formatting (hopefully, I understood your question correctly). -- Disclaimer: This post is solely an individual op...

Case select question
Hi I have a case select code on my listbox. The listbox is called ReportID, I have an event procedure on dbl click. But when I dbl click the selection nothing happens. I have 2 columes of information that is shown in the list box, column 1 has report name, column 2 has report description. I put the report name in the case selection; from the table were reportID pulls information from did I write down the correct field information? Can anyone help me out? Private Sub ReportID_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo handleErr Select Case Me!ReportID Case "Supply Plant Flour&...

to: questions
When I press to: to go to the dialog box to select a recipient an select some names and press to:, the names come across correctly bu others come across as ; (semi-colin). There must be an error in som of my contacts which I need to fix but I can't find any difference between the "good" & "bad" entries...any ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

SHBrowseForFolder Subclassing.
I would like to change the name of the "cancel" button. Is that possible with Subclassing, Superclassing, etc.? ....Bruce Maybe this article can help you: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/browse_for_folder_dialog.asp -- Mav Rossi "Bruce Arnold" <b_a_r_n_o_l_d@b_l_a_s_t.n_e_t> ha scritto nel messaggio news:cka5tv4rf6mq086b1nf6t6gom5rgds0a33@4ax.com... > I would like to change the name of the "cancel" button. Is that > possible with Subclassing, Superclassing, etc.? > ...Bruce > > And this too: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/browse...

what exactly is the 'alias' for? and a few other related questions.
exchange 2000 sp3 on windows 2000 server sp4 When I make user accounts the username and email naming conventions differ. For example, username is firstname only and email address is first initial of first name followed by a '.' and then the last name. So as I create an account I enter the username, then when I get to the exchange part the username is pre-populated as the alias, which I change to our naming convention. The email address gets created according to the alias. example: username: joe alias: j.schmoe email: j.schmoe@domain.com (by default based on alias) I have never had a...

CPropertySheet question
Does anybody know to to change the position of a button (the OK button for example) in a CPropertySheet ? I wuold like to center it instead of having it right aligned. Thanks in advance Andrea hello Andrea i think you can use MoveWindow function to change the button positions. get the actual position and adjust it as required and change the positions of other buttons also. sreeram "Andrea Palmieri" <andreno_spamalmieri@enmo_spamm> wrote in message news:OHFBwXhQDHA.3768@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know to to change the position of a button (the OK button for...

question from e-learning
Hi! At the end I have a question from e-learning. Because of the question is saying that there will be several writings we need to have an object we can't use the static class File. So we have b and d to choose from. The correct answer accorning to e-learning is d. Here is the motivation If you are going to reuse an object several times, you should use the instance method of the FileInfo class instead of the corresponding static methods of the File class, because a security check will not always be necessary. This will minimize any overhead and improve the performance of ...

subtotal question
I did a subtotal function. I was in trouble of extracting just thos cells containing subtotals without copying those detailed cells. How can I have a pure "subtotal" only worksheet? Thank you -- wonderdogs82 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wonderdogs828's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3008 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49770 How about pivot table on the original data. That can sum. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

Visual Studio C++ 6.0 installation problem for XP
Hi, I have used Visual Studio C++ 6.0 in Windows 2000 for years. Recently I upgraded my machine to XP. Then the installation for Visual Studio 6.0 went so bad. Now I cannot un-install it because it doesn't show up in the "Add or Remove Programs" list. If I try to re-install it, I always get a message saying the installation is unsuccessful. So I am totally stuck. I am still able to use the C++, but sometimes it just hangs forever during the linking stage. When I click on the menu item "Help", then "About Visual C++", I get an "About" d...

Access 2000 Package & Deployment Wizard questions
In my first attempt to package and deploy an Access 2000 MDE application, I used the Access 2000 Package & Deployment Wizard (PDW) to create the package, having checked the box for Include Access Runtime. The resulting files were then placed into a self-extracting Zip file, using WinZip Self-Extractor. This self-extracting Zip file, which was 1.8MB in size, was then uploaded to a website for subsequent download by the users. This all appeared to work well and all of my four users were able to run the app on their PCs. To the best of my knowledge, none of these users have a full cop...

Probably a siple question
i want the location to change on an item when its item number is brought into receiving, So i want the location to change to "floor" everytime i receive its item number this is what i have thus far: If Me.Sai_Serial_Number_1r.Value = "" Then Else If Me.Sai_Serial_Number_1r.Value = DLookup("[Sai Serial Number]", "[Main Inventory]", "[Sai Serial Number] = '" & Me.Sai_Serial_Number_1r & "'") Then 'this is where i cannot figure out how to change the Location, the form name is Main I...

CPropertySheet question #3
Hi all: I'm making a dialog window that has a functionality of Property Sheet (but it looks different). The problem I encountered is how to deactivate existing property page and set a new one on its place when another tab is clicked? I tried destroying it and creating it anew, but CPropertyPage class does not do it like that. Using Spy++ I discovered that it simply makes the old Property Page invisible. Does anybody know how to do that? I tried to set/remove WS_VISIBLE flag for the property page dialog window but somehow some child windows of that dialog pop up in a new one where ...

Question about the garbage collector
Hello, I am trying to understand how the garbage collector works. To do this I created a simple test with a timer. I create a timer and then release all references leading to this timer, then I force a garbage collection. To my surprise the timer is still sparking off events! Here's the code: using System.Timers; using System; public class TimerTest { public TimerTest() { var timer = new Timer(1000); timer.Elapsed += (o, e) => { Console.WriteLine("Timer elapsed"); }; timer.Start(); } public static void Main() ...

SHBrowseForFolder question
Ok, I managed to get SHBrowseForFolder to work and it pops up its dialog box, but I would like to be able to use the info in a drop down combobox integrated into my dialog form. Is there a way to do this. What I have is a combobox that I want to show and select the path in, then a list box to display the files, and another combobox to select which drive. I have a specific reason to do it this way and I was wondering if I can use some of the info from the SHBrowseForFolder to do this. It seems like I should be able to, but I have not been able to find any helpful information on just how...

SHBrowseForFolder & BFFM_SETSELECTION
Hi everyone, I want to display a "Browse For Folder" dialog with a pre-selected folder. To do that I use a CALLBACK proc to send a BFFM_SETSELECTION message. //------------------------------------------// void MyBrowseForFolder () { BROWSEINFO bi; bi.lpfn = BrowseCallbackProc; //... initialisation of other BROWSEINFO members... //Display the dialog LPITEMIDLIST pItemIDList = SHBrowseForFolder (&bi); } //------------------------------------------// int CALLBACK BrowseCallbackProc (HWND hWnd, UINT Msg, LPARAM lParam, LPARAM lpData) { if (Msg == BFFM_INITIA...

Hide Question
Can a HIDE Row(s) or Column(s) statement be imbedded in an IF statement? For instance, what might be the real way to write what I hope is obvious in the following? =IF(A1=B1,"Yes",Hide Row x) where if A1=B1, then Yes is shown, if not equal, then Row x is hidden. (Gulp!) Thank You! Wayne Nope. Formulas can only return values to the cell that they're in. WGD wrote: > > Can a HIDE Row(s) or Column(s) statement be imbedded in an IF statement? > > For instance, what might be the real way to write what I hope is obvious in > the following? > &...

Charting Question #3
I have a table of data which I create a scatter graph to show the points. Is there an easy way to add labels through VBA? For eaxample if I have the data below in a spreadsheet and I want column B to be the X-axis and column C to be the Y-axis how can I easily/automatically add the text in column A as the data label? Also, oes it matter what order the data is sorted in? I want to sort by column A. Thanks A B C 1 Florida 2.5 500 2 Maine 2.7 300 sfrancoe wrote: > I have a table of data which I create a scatter graph to show the points. Is > there...

SharePoint 2007 List Question
I am getting a weird issue on one of my lists in MOSS 2007 (I believe it started after I installed SP2). When click on a list item and go to DispForm.aspx,I get the publishing toolbar (with the submit for approval button) on some items and on some items this toolbart is hidden. Does anyone know why? It looks like the toolbar is for the page and not for the item. So it isn't like I am approving the list item, it seems like I am approving the page. I want to hide the toolbar for all items. Please advise. Thanks! Ryan ...

ISA Server 2006: External ip address (newbie question)
Hi, I don't know yet what our external ip addresses will look like. (We are currently waiting for our internet provider to deliver a new DSL line). My (simple) question is: Can I already start setting up ISA server 2006 although I don't know the external ip addresses yet? Are there any pitfalls I have to be aware of when taking this approach? Thanks in advance Yes, you can. You also can direct your further ISA questions to appropriate newsgroup. al wrote: > Hi, > > I don't know yet what our external ip addresses will look like. (We are > currently waiting for ...

Business Portal Question:
If I want to limit a Salespersons access to only his account information in business Portal 4 what is the best way to accomplish this? Good afternoon, Perhaps if you use CRM you could pull the information by account owner that would help narrow down the information that you sort through for the specific sales reprentative. James Laitinen The RSC Group www.rsc.com "tstrop" wrote: > If I want to limit a Salespersons access to only his account information in > business Portal 4 what is the best way to accomplish this? tstrop, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Are you...