SHBrowseForFolder and "Application Data" folder

Hi,

Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that
shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder?

m.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to enable view of hidden/system files/folders before listing them
with SHBrowseForFolder. Look at IShellView interface.

--
Vladimir

"m.wski21.usunto@aust.com" <m.wski21@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that
> shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder?
>
> m.

Use SHGetFolderPath(..., CSIDL_APPDATA, ...).

m.wski21.usunto@aust.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that
> shows..."Application Data" folder?
>
> m.

Hi m,

I think this is going to respect the user's settings in Explorer for whether
or not to include hidden files in the list.  Another poster already gave
info on finding the application folder and you could change the settings in
Explorer dynamically, but that might not be what your user wants.  You may
just want to encourage people to show hidden files if they really want to
see them.  David's idea will show you the folder if you set it as the
initial folder, but other hidden folders under it will not show up (I'm
guessing, but pretty sure).

Here is a class that helps wrap the functionality that may be useful to you:

http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/XBrowseForFolder.asp

Tom

"m.wski21.usunto@aust.com" <m.wski21@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that
> shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder?
>
> m.

0
tserface (3860)
1/25/2006 4:56:57 PM
But SHBrowseForFolder hasn't got window like SHBrowseForFolder, am I
wrong?

m.

I'm not sure what you mean by this (guessing it was a typo).  The "window"
for this is the folder browser version of Explorer that pops up.

Tom

> But SHBrowseForFolder hasn't got window like SHBrowseForFolder, am I
> wrong?
>
> m.

0
tserface (3860)

SHBrowseForFolder and "Application Data" folder
Hi, Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder? m. You need to enable view of hidden/system files/folders before listing them with SHBrowseForFolder. Look at IShellView interface. -- Vladimir "m.wski21.usunto@aust.com" <m.wski21@gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:1138196555.388533.200290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there some way to get a directory listing in SHBrowseForFolder that > shows hidden folders or "Application Data" folder? > > m....

Application Data
On my old computer with Outlook express I could goto Windows>Application Data and delete stored files to save room on the drive. I cannot find this on XP and using the full outlook. If anyone could help please email the above addy. Thanks in advance Open Windows Explorer and configure it to show you all hidden/system files. (Select Tools | Folder Options | View tab) "Tres" <tres1013@msn.com> wrote in message news:00c001c35009$b93630d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > On my old computer with Outlook express I could goto > > Windows>Application Data and delete stored...

Local Setting\Application Data
Hi: In my attempt to find 'Local\Application Data,' I clicked 'Document and Setting' - Administrator, two more I.D.s - however ONLY folders can be seen. Just wonder where can 'Local\Application Data' be found? Thanks for your help in advance. "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net> wrote in news:OEnPbQMkKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Hi: > In my attempt to find 'Local\Application Data,' I clicked > 'Document and Setting' - Administrator, two more I.D.s - however > ONLY folders can be seen. > >...

Desktop Application Data Access Layer
Hello C#.NET Forum, I have a desktop application, (very) near completion. The application is constructed in C# .NET 3.5 SP1, and the application files produced by the application are MS Access 2007 Database (with the extension changed to suit the application. The application file only consists of tables and relationships, specifically for the application's purposes. Generally there are two separate tiers for the data, a DataBroker which managers the OleDb functionality specifically for MS Access, and a more "strongly" Data Access Layer that utilises the data...

How to save the application data while log off the system
Hi Everybody, I want to add some features in my application. Please help me to incorporate those features. 1. Saving the application data while log off the system. I have created application which is runs on system tray. I have added this application to the windows startup folder. So whenever the user "log in" to the system, the application will automatically loaded into the system tray. My requirement is whenever the user "log off" the system, the application will automatically save the data for the application. But right now the application will lost the data while log...

Application Data redirection
I have a policy set to redirect users desktop and application data folders to a share. The test computer is windows XP running Office 2003. The odd thing is the folders are different on the servers vs what's on the local desktop. The server and desktop also have different files in the \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder, which stores the users archive.pst file.\ The server has the following 2 files in the redirected folder Default Outlook Profile.xml Default Outlook Profile.srs The desktop has these files archive.pst extended.pst Is this behavior by default? Is there a way...

Question about the Common Application Data Folder
I'm confused about how to use the CommonAppData Folder in Visual Studio. I need for my deployment project to put some files on the disk. Then, my application needs to find those files. I can use the deployment project to put files into [CommonAppDataFolder]\[Manufacturer]\[ProductName], or any variation on that. However, I can't figure out how to reference that folder from within the code. Conversely, I can use Application.CommonAppDataPath to find files in [CommonAppDataPath]\[CompanyName]\[ProductName]\[ProductVersion]. However, I can't figure out how to make the ...

MS Application Data Files and References are slow
When I try to reference a file, either open or save, the file system responds very very slowly. In fact, it seems to not take any action to start the process of accessing a file or folder unless I click in whitespace AFTER clicking on the folder. Even clicking on the dropdown to move up or down the directory tree is slow. This seems to be only true for MS applications. The complete file system had been slow until "Automatically search for network folders and printers" was unchecked in folder options. Once this was checked the file system respondes as expected, rapi...

How to get user's Application Data directory?
I want to put the private data to the directory like below: E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ 1. Is there any quick way to get the user's application data directory? 2. For win98, how to do since there is no such directory? Thanks for your great help! Jack Hi, Use CFile GetFileName() function use to get the file path. It returns path string. Selvam "jh_Zzz" wrote: > I want to put the private data to the directory like below: > > E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ > > 1. Is th...

Get data from oracle application database into project server 2007
Scenario we have finance dept and HR dept and we have implemented EPM 2007 . now management main consults with Budgeting and costing. they dont want to again enter data about resource (standard rates,overtime rates , fixed cost , cost/use) e.t.c and want to integrate from HR dept and Finance Dept applications with the oracle database and in that oracle database these data is already exist of users. how i can integrate from these oracle applications and get data of those users which are added in the project server 2007 from active directory . what is the best and easy w...

2 Different Application Data Files holding MDBData files
I'm running Small Business Server 2000, which uses MS Exchange 2000, on our one and only server. My main job here is bookkeeper, but they let me play with the server since I have my MCSA. I don't take care of the server like I should because of time constraints. Back in January the Exchange files dismounted. I hurriedly figured out what had happened and got the thing remounted and everyone got their emails. Lots of stuff was lost, but we trudged on. As I am leaving the agency soon, I would like to get the stuff back the way it should be. Apparently the "lost stuff&qu...

Can Limited Users access Doc&Set->Application Data?
Can a Limited User with limited privileges access the C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\... folder? I'm seeing an application that stores stuff there, but the application seems not to be able to store stuff there when it's run by a limited user. Kinda makes it hard to run any application with a Limited User account. Is there some way other than telling everyone you can't run anything as a Limited User? Is there something the program can do, or something the Administrator can do, other than give everyone full privileges? "Susan Rice" <srice1@cox.net> wrot...