Shading and borders with CRichEditCtrl (RTF 1.x)

I'm using a RichEditCtrl (RTF 1.0) in a C++ application (VC6). I can
generate the appropriate RTF 'tags' for italic, bold, font-size,
color, superscript, etc., but I'm baffled how to generate 'tags' for
shading and borders.

I tried using Word-2003 to accomplish this formatting, save as RTF,
and open with WordPad, but the resulting file is quite large and I'm
confused trying to figure out what it is doing.

Using the rtf codes below, I want Line 6 to have a border, and Line 7
to be shaded. My expectation is that this file would load into
WordPad-XP with this formatting, but that isn't happening. Do I need
to use RichEdit20?

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1033{\fonttbl{\f0\f
swiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Arial;}}
{\*\generator Msftedit
5.41.15.1507;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\nowidctlpar\f0\fs20 Line 1\par
Line 2\par
\super 12 \nosupersub Line 3\par
\up8 34\up0  Line 4\par
\b Bold Line 5\par
\brdrb \brdrw40 \i Italic Bold Line 6 with border\b0\par
\shading20 \cfpat1 \cbpat1 Italic only Line 7 with shading\par
\i0\par
Line 9\par
Line 10\par
Line 11\par
}

0
l_d_allan (35)
8/5/2005 12:46:35 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

HELP!
All of these suggestions work, but unfortunately space is limited on m graphs. They are part of a larger presentation. My boss ultimatel wants the numbers placed in between the bars so I have no choice but t continue using "fake" x-axis labels. I cannot believe that Microsof has not addressed this issue!?! -- nycexcelmonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nycexcelmonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27658 You may be abl...

Filling an Autonumber 1-whatever down on a Sheet Programmatically
I have a Microsoft Query that retieves data from an Access Query an puts it into an Excel Worksheet named AllData starting at cell B2. have a sub named FormatDates that formats various column appropriately. What I need to do is add to this sub a procedur starting at cell a2 going down to the last row of data and filling number starting with 1 to howver many numbers of rows there are to thi last row Just like edit Fiil down when you have the number 1 and 2 highlighte and you fill down the range to the last row of data. Thanks Here is my sub below Sub FormatDates() Sheets(Array("Al...

remove shading when printing
I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled out) shaded so they stand out to the user. (FWIW, the form is an application for services) When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted cells showing. I want the text the user entered to show, but the background to not show. Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called "choose office". The user selects the office, and based on the updates, the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form. I do not want this combo box ...

E-mail Sheet 1
Is it possible to e-mail to a colleague just Sheet 1 of a workbook? Paul wrote: > Is it possible to e-mail to a colleague just Sheet 1 of a workbook? Just found the answer to my own question in this thread "How do I send an excel document to members of my address book?" ...

Export Chart as GIF on Macintosh OS X
I get an error message trying to export a chart on a Mac running OS X Excel version "X for Mac, Service Release 1" from the following code: Sub ExportChart() MsgBox (ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Name) ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export FileName:="mychart.gif" FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ... I've never had issues on a PC...and the first MsgBox line work fine, just as a check... I get: "Application Error '1004'"... Thanks in advance, this is very frustrating... Ti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In article <t...

Border Art #3
I have a second question. I am using Publisher 2003 btw... If I want to use an oblong shaped border with rounded edges, will Publisher allow me to add border art to the shape? I haven't been able to get it to work. I can add border art to a square, rectangle, etc but not to a 'shape'. Is there anyway I can do this? Thanks! I don't think so. You can make it a dotted or dashed line and/or change the color but that's not quite the same. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lorri C." <lorri.mail@verizon.net> wrote in message news:O3kjtG6QFH...

Outlook 2003 Image Blocking
I love image blocking in Outlook 2003! This is just fantastic. However, I do believe MS missed one loophole: The Image Blocker rules include the following option: - Warn me before downloading content when editing, forwarding, or replying to e-mail. But what about printing? And indeed printing the message downloads the images without any warning. Oops! And here's a wish list request: How about giving us the option to edit, forward, reply to, or print *without* downloading images? I got a Citibank fraud e-mail, an attempt to phish out my account numbers, and I couldn't forward it to...

upgrading to Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (Russian)
Hello, All! We are using the Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (English). In the nearest future we are planning upgrading to Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (Russian). How can we upgrade correctly without data losses? With best regards, Alexey Tomashevskiy. Hello, Matt! You wrote on Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:42:17 -0600: MP> I would look into the Redeployment tools available from MBS. This will MP> allow you to export your data and import it into a new installation. MP> Hello, All! MP> We are using the Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server (English). In the nearest MP> future we are planning upgrad...

Form border can't be None
I have a command button on a main form to open a form (frmParam), which is used for selecting report parameters. I set the border for frmParam to None, then opened it by way of the Click event of a command button on the main form: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmParam", , , , , acDialog My understanding of acDialog is that it sets the Pop-up and Modal properties of the form to Yes. However, when I open the form in this way it ignores that the border is None, and I get the application title bar (or whatever exactly the top bar is called). However, if I set the Pop-up and Modal properties...

Shades of Grey
I am trying to create a bar chart with black and shades of grey. The black prints as a medium grey and a light grey prints as white. Is this an Excel problem or a printer problem? I would say it was a printer problem - have you go the printer set to 'draft' as that makes black a light gray. Try changing it to an image setting and see if that changes the shades of gray -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Silver" wrote: > I am trying to create a ...

Moving data from 1 form to another
We use a proposal that has address, phone, company name, proposa number, etc. that I would like to transfer to another exce spreadsheet. I used the "record macro as you go" method to make a quick macro. I works fine but it enters the data over the same line. Not where I hav the cursor! How can I get the data to enter into the current line of the cursor And all the cells to the right respectfully? Any code that you could offer would be of great assistance. Michael _________________ -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How do I write in code to get me to the current ...

calendar shading
Is there a way to shade the bars that appear on a printed calendar so it is more readable? The way my Outlook 2000 is printing currently it is difficult to read. Dave French I'm not sure which bars you're referring to, so I can't answer your question directly. But many people find that the built in print styles in Outlook don't meet their needs. You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calendar in Word, which you can then customize to your liking. I personally use My Outlook Calendar and am very pleased wit...

create text box with Border Art using VB
Hi, Publisher 2002/Office XP Can anyone tell me how to create a border round a text box (one of the built-in border art ones) while creating it from VB? The box is created thus (so far):- Set pubdoc = appPub.ActiveDocument.Pages(1) With pubdoc Set TextBox = .Shapes.AddTextbox _ (Orientation:=pbTextOrientationHorizontal, _ Left:=144, Top:=144, _ Width:=72, Height:=18) With TextBox .TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" End With End With I created one in Publisher, then used VB to open the document and work through the Shapes collection to show me ...

How do I make a "fuel gauge" type graph (from 1-5) to show data
I want to show discrete data on a "fuel gauge" style chart to show progress on a scale from 1 to 5. For our audience, seeing a needle point to "3" is an effective way to show that we are "half way there" when measuring progress. There is an example at Jon Peltier's web site. http://PeltierTech.com -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Gene Flood" wrote: > I want to show discrete data on a "fuel gauge" style chart to show progress > on a scale from 1 to 5. > For our audience, seeing a needle point to "3" is an effective w...

Service Pack 1 question
Exchange 2003. I understand that as a recommended best practice you keep the front-end and back-end exchange servers at the same service pack level, and when you do in fact put a service pack on them that you do the front-ends first. However, I am adding an additional back-end server into the exchane organization at present. Can I go ahead and load SP1 to it without causing any problems with the other servers? SP1 will go on the other servers when I can plan an outage, but since this server is brand new without any mailboxes on it yet, I'd like to go ahead and service pack it. ...

501 #5.1.1 bad address ???
I have clients getting this message sending to our support staff: HOST ADMIRAL NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO FOLLOWING RECIPIENT(S): <SUPPORT@******.COM> MAIL REJECTED BY SALIENT WITH THE MESSAGE: 501 #5.1.1 bad address SUPPORT@******.COM The address is valid, and i also set up an "alias" and they were not able to get to that one either? They are able to email others in our company without any problem. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, Server 2003 enterprise SP1 Thanks in advance Rodney rhalljr <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have clients get...

print document on custom size paper (6 x 9) two side
I need to print a two-sided document on trade paperback sized paper, and don't see this in the dropdown. Can I set a custom-sized paper, so that when my printer flips the page it will print in the right place? That depends on how obliging your printer is. You can certainly set a custom size; whether the printer will honor it or not is uncertain. If it does not, then you will have to set up the smaller size on the next-largest built-in size, making up the difference with margins. If you're going to be feeding the paper at one side of this area rather than in the center, y...

Post Card Stock Borders
I designed a postcard using stock (bluebird) design. It looks great, but the design leaves huge white margins around all 4 edges, making the usable "message" space too small. I would like to expand the borders to 'bleed' to the edges of the card to maximize usable space. The borders are apparently all grouped and locked that way. Unless you have a full bleed or borderless printer you cannot print to the edges. Where did you get the template? I cannot find a Bluebird design. Determine your printer's margin limitation and use that as a guide. Are you printing one...

Can not uppdate forms
Since I upgraded to CRM 3.0, it has after some time become inpossible to update the forms. I have been able to understand when the problem was introduced: - It all worked fine and I was able to add field's to the form. - One day I took a way a couple of fields in the form that was not used. Since then it it is not possible to add any new fields. This is how the problem occurs now: These are the steps: - From the online mode, I choose adapt settings - Adapt entities - I choose account - I choose "forms and views" - I choose the "main form" for the account - I choo...

set x-y crossing on graph automatically
Maybe this is a better place to have posted the question. I have a graph set up where an input starts the range you want to look at. I always want the "Y" to start at 0, and the scale nicely goes as high as necesary for the numbers in the table (viscosity). If I want to look at the 100 degree temperature range starting at 0, the x axis works fine. but if I choose to look at 50 and above, the "x" axis still starts with 0, leaving a blank graph between 0 and 50 and still stopping at 100. How can I set it so the x axis scale starts at the value selected? Unfortunately Excel...

Mails stuck in "vsi 1\Queue" folder
Hi! I am currently tracing an Exchange queue issue that I cannot figure out myself. We are running Windows 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003 ENT SP2 - but periodically emails are stuck in the "vsi 1\Queue" folder on the disk. However, the messages doesn't appear in the "Queue" view in the Exchange System Manager - and all Exchange logs (Transport + SMTP) says that the emails have been delivered correctly to all receipients - although in rare circumstances certain receipients doesn't receive the emails either. The problem seem to have been minimized after applying Windows 20...

Paste operation on CRichEditCtrl
Hi, How do I block a paste operation in CRichEditCtrl ? Yoav. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:uy1NR$WxIHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How do I block a paste operation in CRichEditCtrl ? > Override WM_PASTE? -- David On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:48:53 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote: >Hi, >How do I block a paste operation in CRichEditCtrl ? > >Yoav. > Eat the WM_PASTE message. The easiest way is to derive your own class from CRichEditCtrl, but you could also google DiLascia's CSubclassWnd...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Hello, I'm having a little issue. We have US Exchange server and US OWA server. We also have UK Exchange server and UK OWA server. Here is the story: US accounts can login to US OWA and to UK OWA no problems. UK accounts can login to UK OWA, but when try to login to US OWA, it thinks for a good 3 or more minutes and then they get this message: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable In the US OWA logs, i get this message for my test account: Successful Network Logon: User Name: ittest Domain: UK Logon ID: (0x0,0x1F686BA) Logon Type: 8 Logon Process: Advapi Authentication Package:...

Multiple Background Shades in Graph
Hi, I'm trying to create graph with multiple background shades. i.e if i were trying to create a graph of the price of a stock, when the stock has had an upward trend the background would be a different color than that of when the stock has had a downward trend. Also if the colors of the background would only be on top of the stock plot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ask72883 ...