SetWindowHookEX and WM_SYSCOMMAND problem

hi,

i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
value.
so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to get
it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
is this the only way?
after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
continue.
this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.

please advise.

TIA.

--- code sample:
LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
LPARAM lParam )
{
 if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
 {
  DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
  // un subclasss.
  lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
 }
 LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam );
 DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
 return lr;
}

0
dont2 (8)
10/13/2005 8:07:12 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have been trying to find out why the wParam of WM_SYSCOMMAND does not get
passed in to the WH_GETMESSAGE hook.  But I can't find it.

Can you post a link to where you read that at?

AliR.

"z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
> the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
> only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
> value.
> so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to get
> it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
> is this the only way?
> after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
> continue.
> this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.
>
> please advise.
>
> TIA.
>

> --- code sample:
> LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
> LPARAM lParam )
> {
>  if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
>  {
>   DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
> 0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
>   // un subclasss.
>   lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
>  }
>  LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam,
lParam );
>  DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
>  return lr;
> }

0
AliR3470 (3235)
10/13/2005 9:50:08 PM
    If the hook receives the message, it should get all of its parameters.  A
WH_GETMESSAGE hook will only receive messages which are posted to the thread's
message queue.  As far as I know, WM_SYSCOMMAND is normally sent not posted.
Use a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook instead.

--
-GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
-Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)

"z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
> the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
> only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
> value.
> so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to get
> it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
> is this the only way?
> after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
> continue.
> this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.
>
> please advise.
>
> TIA.
>

> --- code sample:
> LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
> LPARAM lParam )
> {
>  if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
>  {
>   DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
> 0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
>   // un subclasss.
>   lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
>  }
>  LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam );
>  DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
>  return lr;
> }

0
gchanson1 (18)
10/13/2005 10:12:01 PM
belive me i tried.
the WH_CALLENDPROC don't get the WM_SYSCOMMAND message at all.
the WH_GETMESSAGE get the message without the wParam value. this is tested
on XP SP2. i guess it is for most windows OSs.
also SPYXX tool shows the message. but the hook don't get the message or the
wParam value.
also there is the WH_CBT that gets the notification without the window hwnd.

"Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
>    If the hook receives the message, it should get all of its parameters.
> WH_GETMESSAGE hook will only receive messages which are posted to the
> thread's
> message queue.  As far as I know, WM_SYSCOMMAND is normally sent not
> posted.
> Use a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook instead.
>
> --
> -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> -gchanson@mvps.org
>

> "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
>> the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
>> only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
>> value.
>> so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to
>> get
>> it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
>> is this the only way?
>> after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
>> continue.
>> this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.
>>
>> please advise.
>>
>> TIA.
>>

>> --- code sample:
>> LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
>> LPARAM lParam )
>> {
>>  if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
>>  {
>>   DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
>> 0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
>>   // un subclasss.
>>   lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
>>  }
>>  LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam,
>> lParam );
>>  DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
>>  return lr;
>> }

0
dont2 (8)
10/14/2005 4:24:05 AM
i read an article about the need to subclass the window.
http://groups.google.co.il/group/borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using/browse_thread/thread/75bdcd59e6360285/3e124752b616298c?lnk=st&q=WM_SYSCOMMAND+setwindowhookex&rnum=3#3e124752b616298c
it is not saying the the SH_GETMESSAGE don't get wParam it jsust says that
you need to subclass the window in order to get the WM_SYSCOMMAND.
but i still have problems with subclass / unsubclass the window.
i don't need to subclass the window for a long time, just get the
WM_SYSCOMMAND notification
and soon unsubclass the window.
but the unsubclass don't work so good (see sample code)
i hope i am mistaking the the WM_SYSCOMMAND can be catched with all
parameters using SetWindowHookEx but i did not succeed with that.

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>I have been trying to find out why the wParam of WM_SYSCOMMAND does not get
> passed in to the WH_GETMESSAGE hook.  But I can't find it.
>
> Can you post a link to where you read that at?
>

> AliR.
>
> "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
>> the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
>> only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
>> value.
>> so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to
>> get
>> it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
>> is this the only way?
>> after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
>> continue.
>> this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.
>>
>> please advise.
>>
>> TIA.
>>

>> --- code sample:
>> LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
>> LPARAM lParam )
>> {
>>  if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
>>  {
>>   DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
>> 0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
>>   // un subclasss.
>>   lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
>>  }
>>  LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam,
> lParam );
>>  DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
>>  return lr;
>> }

0
dont2 (8)
10/14/2005 4:35:32 AM
    I don't know what you're trying to do but it seems to work for me.  My
WN_CALLWNDPROC hook is able to trap WM_SYSCOMMAND and shows all of its
parameters.  Maybe you're looking in the wrong place or at the wrong time or
your hook isn't really working properly for some reason.

--

> belive me i tried.
> the WH_CALLENDPROC don't get the WM_SYSCOMMAND message at all.
> the WH_GETMESSAGE get the message without the wParam value. this is tested
> on XP SP2. i guess it is for most windows OSs.
> also SPYXX tool shows the message. but the hook don't get the message or the
> wParam value.
> also there is the WH_CBT that gets the notification without the window hwnd.
>

> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
> >    If the hook receives the message, it should get all of its parameters.
> > WH_GETMESSAGE hook will only receive messages which are posted to the
> > thread's
> > message queue.  As far as I know, WM_SYSCOMMAND is normally sent not
> > posted.
> > Use a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook instead.
> >
> > --
> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> > - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> > -gchanson@mvps.org
> >

> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
> >> the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
> >> only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
> >> value.
> >> so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to
> >> get
> >> it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
> >> is this the only way?
> >> after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
> >> continue.
> >> this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.
> >>
> >> please advise.
> >>
> >> TIA.
> >>

> >> --- code sample:
> >> LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
> >> LPARAM lParam )
> >> {
> >>  if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
> >>  {
> >>   DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
> >> 0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
> >>   // un subclasss.
> >>   lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
> >>  }
> >>  LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam,
> >> lParam );
> >>  DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
> >>  return lr;
> >> }

0
gchanson1 (18)
10/14/2005 5:47:30 AM
    If you can trap the message using subclassing, you can trap it using a
hook.  On the other hand, if you can use subclassing, that's preferable to
using a hook.

--

> i read an article about the need to subclass the window.

http://groups.google.co.il/group/borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using/browse_thread/thread/75bdcd59e6360285/3e124752b616298c?lnk=st&q=WM_SYSCOMMAND+setwindowhookex&rnum=3#3e124752b616298c
> it is not saying the the SH_GETMESSAGE don't get wParam it jsust says that
> you need to subclass the window in order to get the WM_SYSCOMMAND.
> but i still have problems with subclass / unsubclass the window.
> i don't need to subclass the window for a long time, just get the
> WM_SYSCOMMAND notification
> and soon unsubclass the window.
> but the unsubclass don't work so good (see sample code)
> i hope i am mistaking the the WM_SYSCOMMAND can be catched with all
> parameters using SetWindowHookEx but i did not succeed with that.
>

> "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to find out why the wParam of WM_SYSCOMMAND does not get
> > passed in to the WH_GETMESSAGE hook.  But I can't find it.
> >
> > Can you post a link to where you read that at?
> >

> > AliR.
> >
> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> i'm trying to hook a window and get the wm_syscommand that it receives.
> >> the hook done ok, but the message not arrived.
> >> only WH_GETMESSAGE hook can get the WM_SYSCOMMAND but without the wParam
> >> value.
> >> so as i read in some article i need to subclass the window in order to
> >> get
> >> it's WM_SYSCOMMAND event.
> >> is this the only way?
> >> after subclassing the window, i can't unsubclass it succussfully and
> >> continue.
> >> this way the x Closee sys command doesn't closes the window.
> >>
> >> please advise.
> >>
> >> TIA.
> >>

> >> --- code sample:
> >> LRESULT CALLBACK SubClassWindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
> >> LPARAM lParam )
> >> {
> >>  if ( uMsg == WM_SYSCOMMAND )
> >>  {
> >>   DebugPrintInt( "WM_SYSCOMMAND in SubClassWindowProc, wparam &
> >> 0xFFF0:0x%0x", wParam & 0xFFF0);
> >>   // un subclasss.
> >>   lOldPtr = SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, lOldPtr );
> >>  }
> >>  LRESULT lr = CallWindowProc((WNDPROC)lOldPtr, hWnd, uMsg, wParam,
> > lParam );
> >>  DebugPrintInt( "SubClassWindowProc::LRESULT : %d", lr);
> >>  return lr;
> >> }

0
gchanson1 (18)
10/14/2005 5:49:06 AM
my code is based on the article
X-Window Manager like dragging and resizing of windows - The Code Project -
DLLs
http://www.codeproject.com/dll/wm.asp

i will gladly send my code to your email privately for examination if you
permit this.

>    I don't know what you're trying to do but it seems to work for me.  My
> WN_CALLWNDPROC hook is able to trap WM_SYSCOMMAND and shows all of its
> parameters.  Maybe you're looking in the wrong place or at the wrong time
> or
> your hook isn't really working properly for some reason.
>
> --
> -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> -gchanson@mvps.org
>

> "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
>> belive me i tried.
>> the WH_CALLENDPROC don't get the WM_SYSCOMMAND message at all.
>> the WH_GETMESSAGE get the message without the wParam value. this is
>> tested
>> on XP SP2. i guess it is for most windows OSs.
>> also SPYXX tool shows the message. but the hook don't get the message or
>> the
>> wParam value.
>> also there is the WH_CBT that gets the notification without the window
>> hwnd.
>>

>> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
>> >    If the hook receives the message, it should get all of its
>> > parameters.
>> > WH_GETMESSAGE hook will only receive messages which are posted to the
>> > thread's
>> > message queue.  As far as I know, WM_SYSCOMMAND is normally sent not
>> > posted.
>> > Use a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook instead.
>> >
>> > --
>> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
>> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
>> > - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
>> > -gchanson@mvps.org
>> >

>> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message

0
dont2 (8)
10/14/2005 6:25:33 AM
    Before we resort to that, describe in detail what you're trying to do and
how you're trying to do it.

--

> my code is based on the article
> X-Window Manager like dragging and resizing of windows - The Code Project -
> DLLs
> http://www.codeproject.com/dll/wm.asp
>
> i will gladly send my code to your email privately for examination if you
> permit this.
>

> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
> >    I don't know what you're trying to do but it seems to work for me.  My
> > WN_CALLWNDPROC hook is able to trap WM_SYSCOMMAND and shows all of its
> > parameters.  Maybe you're looking in the wrong place or at the wrong time
> > or
> > your hook isn't really working properly for some reason.
> >
> > --
> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> > - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> > -gchanson@mvps.org
> >

> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
> >> belive me i tried.
> >> the WH_CALLENDPROC don't get the WM_SYSCOMMAND message at all.
> >> the WH_GETMESSAGE get the message without the wParam value. this is
> >> tested
> >> on XP SP2. i guess it is for most windows OSs.
> >> also SPYXX tool shows the message. but the hook don't get the message or
> >> the
> >> wParam value.
> >> also there is the WH_CBT that gets the notification without the window
> >> hwnd.
> >>

> >> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message

0
gchanson1 (18)
10/14/2005 2:13:08 PM
what i want to do is to add to all task bar windows an extra sub menu to the
system menu that will allow to resize the window.
for example you have notepad.exe or internet explorer and you will have in
the system menu  (close,maximize etc) additional resize>800*600

as you can see in the sample code in the article, there is a window hook.
actually i need 2 hooks - one for getting information before the system menu
is about to be opened.
i use WH_CALLWNDPROC hook and testing for WM_ACTIVATE.
as i inspected using SPYXX to be the message sent soon before a system-menu
is about to be opened, and before it's too late to change the menu.
(WM_INITMENUPOPUP is too late to change it.)

second hook for getting the sys-menu click, is (currently) WH_GETMESSAGE  (i
tested other hook types also but as i sayd, the WM_SYSCOMMAND, don't get
there with the required info, not  with CALLWNDPROC , and not with WH_CBT).

so i tried to subclass the window in order to get the SYSCOMMAND, but i need
to unsubclass it soon after getting the messsage. and i don't think this is
the best way.

also thing i will have to solve later is removing the additional submenu
from the sys-menu when the app is quiting but this is for later.
other commercial implementations for that don't do that they just stay there
for good (nvidia display driver does something similar)

anyway, i'm doing this project not for making benefits from it in the
future, and i intend to publish the source when it will be done.

thanks for your support.

>    Before we resort to that, describe in detail what you're trying to do
> and
> how you're trying to do it.
>
> --
> -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> -gchanson@mvps.org
>

> "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
>> my code is based on the article
>> X-Window Manager like dragging and resizing of windows - The Code
>> Project -
>> DLLs
>> http://www.codeproject.com/dll/wm.asp
>>
>> i will gladly send my code to your email privately for examination if you
>> permit this.
>>

>> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
>> >    I don't know what you're trying to do but it seems to work for me.
>> > My
>> > WN_CALLWNDPROC hook is able to trap WM_SYSCOMMAND and shows all of its
>> > parameters.  Maybe you're looking in the wrong place or at the wrong
>> > time
>> > or
>> > your hook isn't really working properly for some reason.
>> >
>> > --
>> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
>> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
>> > - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
>> > -gchanson@mvps.org
>> >

>> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message

0
dont2 (8)
10/14/2005 2:52:30 PM
    I see a WM_SYSCOMMAND message being sent when I click on the system
command icon on a window's title bar, but not when I right click on a taskbar
button.  I do see a WM_NOTIFY message when I right click on a taskbar button
though.  I think you need to trap this WM_NOTIFY message.

--

> what i want to do is to add to all task bar windows an extra sub menu to the
> system menu that will allow to resize the window.
> for example you have notepad.exe or internet explorer and you will have in
> the system menu  (close,maximize etc) additional resize>800*600
>
> as you can see in the sample code in the article, there is a window hook.
> actually i need 2 hooks - one for getting information before the system menu
> is about to be opened.
> i use WH_CALLWNDPROC hook and testing for WM_ACTIVATE.
> as i inspected using SPYXX to be the message sent soon before a system-menu
> is about to be opened, and before it's too late to change the menu.
> (WM_INITMENUPOPUP is too late to change it.)
>
> second hook for getting the sys-menu click, is (currently) WH_GETMESSAGE  (i
> tested other hook types also but as i sayd, the WM_SYSCOMMAND, don't get
> there with the required info, not  with CALLWNDPROC , and not with WH_CBT).
>
> so i tried to subclass the window in order to get the SYSCOMMAND, but i need
> to unsubclass it soon after getting the messsage. and i don't think this is
> the best way.
>
> also thing i will have to solve later is removing the additional submenu
> from the sys-menu when the app is quiting but this is for later.
> other commercial implementations for that don't do that they just stay there
> for good (nvidia display driver does something similar)
>
> anyway, i'm doing this project not for making benefits from it in the
> future, and i intend to publish the source when it will be done.
>
> thanks for your support.
>

> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
> >    Before we resort to that, describe in detail what you're trying to do
> > and
> > how you're trying to do it.
> >
> > --
> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> > - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> > -gchanson@mvps.org
> >

> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
> >> my code is based on the article
> >> X-Window Manager like dragging and resizing of windows - The Code
> >> Project -
> >> DLLs
> >> http://www.codeproject.com/dll/wm.asp
> >>
> >> i will gladly send my code to your email privately for examination if you
> >> permit this.
> >>

> >> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message

0
gchanson1 (18)
10/14/2005 7:44:25 PM
are you talking about the menu creation stage? there is no problem there.
the WM_ACTIVATE is sent when you right click on the system taskbar button of
a window.
if you're talking about the WM_NOTIFY in the context of creating the menu,
this is OK.

the WM_SYSCOMMAND is sent when the menu is clicked in order to execute the
requested command (close maximize etc)
this should be cought in order to execute the special added menu items.
and this is the problem since it can not be catched with the parameters as i
tested.

regards.

> [...]
>>
>> also thing i will have to solve later is removing the additional submenu
>> from the sys-menu when the app is quiting but this is for later.
>> other commercial implementations for that don't do that they just stay
>> there
>> for good (nvidia display driver does something similar)
>>
>> anyway, i'm doing this project not for making benefits from it in the
>> future, and i intend to publish the source when it will be done.
>>
>> thanks for your support.
>>

>> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
>> >    Before we resort to that, describe in detail what you're trying to
>> > do
>> > and
>> > how you're trying to do it.
>> >
>> > --
>> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
>> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)

0
dont2 (8)
10/14/2005 8:09:00 PM
    Ok, that is WM_SYSCOMMAND and I can't trap it with a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook
but I can with a WM_GETMESSAGE hook and it looks like I do get all of the
parameters.

--

> [...]
> >> tested other hook types also but as i sayd, the WM_SYSCOMMAND, don't get
> >> there with the required info, not  with CALLWNDPROC , and not with
> >> WH_CBT).
> >>
> >> so i tried to subclass the window in order to get the SYSCOMMAND, but i
> >> need
> >> to unsubclass it soon after getting the messsage. and i don't think this
> >> is
> >> the best way.
> >>
> >> also thing i will have to solve later is removing the additional submenu
> >> from the sys-menu when the app is quiting but this is for later.
> >> other commercial implementations for that don't do that they just stay
> >> there
> >> for good (nvidia display driver does something similar)
> >>
> >> anyway, i'm doing this project not for making benefits from it in the
> >> future, and i intend to publish the source when it will be done.

0
Gary
10/17/2005 9:14:18 PM
you're right.
for some reason becasue i have to test all kind of hook-types in order to
trap the message, i didn't notice that i'm checking the wParam of the
GetMsgProc and not the msg->wParam
thanks!

"Gary Chanson" <gjchanson@_NO_SPAM_comcast.net> wrote in message
>    Ok, that is WM_SYSCOMMAND and I can't trap it with a WH_CALLWNDPROC
> hook
> but I can with a WM_GETMESSAGE hook and it looks like I do get all of the
> parameters.
>
> --
> -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
> -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
> - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
> -gchanson@mvps.org
>

> "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message
>> are you talking about the menu creation stage? there is no problem there.
>> the WM_ACTIVATE is sent when you right click on the system taskbar button
>> of
>> a window.
>> if you're talking about the WM_NOTIFY in the context of creating the
>> menu,
>> this is OK.
>>
>> the WM_SYSCOMMAND is sent when the menu is clicked in order to execute
>> the
>> requested command (close maximize etc)
>> this should be cought in order to execute the special added menu items.
>> and this is the problem since it can not be catched with the parameters
>> as i
>> tested.
>>
>> regards.
>>

>> "Gary Chanson" <gchanson@No.Spam.TheWorld.net> wrote in message
>> >    I see a WM_SYSCOMMAND message being sent when I click on the system
>> > command icon on a window's title bar, but not when I right click on a
>> > taskbar
>> > button.  I do see a WM_NOTIFY message when I right click on a taskbar
>> > button
>> > though.  I think you need to trap this WM_NOTIFY message.
>> >
>> > --
>> > -GJC [MS Windows SDK MVP]
>> > -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls)
>> > - http://www.mvps.org/ArcaneIncantations/consulting.htm
>> > -gchanson@mvps.org
>> >

>> > "z h" <dont2@send.mail> wrote in message

0
dont2 (8)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

sync problems

Date problem

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

Problem creating credit card account
When creating a Chase or Amazon.com credit cards I am having this happen to me when it creates the card and I can't figure out how to fix it so there is just one card showing. I attached a jpeg of what I am seeing. It's like it created multiple instances of the card and also show balances of my other cards. I am not sure if it is because these cards are associated with Chase or what. When I had it setup the online service for the card then that is when it creates the other instances. I hope someone can makes sence of this. Thanks! ...

Problems with CRichEditCtrl problems
Hi, I'd like to have some help regarding something I'm having an hard time figuring out. I'm develloping a chat programm where the Output window is a rich edit ctrl (I used CRichEditCtrl in one cases and CreateWindowEx(.."RichEdit"..) in the other one. I use StreamIn to stream in the chat information (since I want to use the rft format). I user \Par to perfrom line skipping, however, for some reason, on the computer of one of my user who's using Windows98, it doesn't not work and instand of seeing the text the way it should be (with the line skipping) the...

OL 2003 registry or installn problem
Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o getting error message tried restart in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried restoring form office settings and failed tried repair and no better result what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep the app't, tasks, reminders for the m...