Setup project from my program using VS.NET.

I need to create a setup project for my MFC application. I have " a few
dlls" that need to be in the same folder as my program .
How can i create such a setup project with VS.NET?

Thanks

0
bredal (20)
9/16/2004 2:10:57 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can create a setup project by going to "File->New->Project" Under
"Project Types" select "Setup and Deployment Projects"

I hope this helps,

Shagy

"Bredal Jensen" <bredal@jensen.dk> wrote in message

> I need to create a setup project for my MFC application. I have " a few
> dlls" that need to be in the same folder as my program .
> How can i create such a setup project with VS.NET?
>
> Thanks

0
noemail1 (157)

Add additional header or data into excel after exporting
Hi, I am exporting data from datagrid into excel. lets says that the grid has 3 sets of information in columns like (billing address, shipping address and order info). If I export it, it creates an excel document but I want to write additional header like "Billing Infomation", "Shipping address", "Orders" above the columns on the excel generated. Basically I want to add additional info into the excel after or before the excel is generated. Any suggestions on how this can be done? Can it be done via asp.net application or should it be done after...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Using inventory to handle insurance policies
We are trying to figure out a way for GP 8.0 to handle insurance policies in the inventory module. We have a customer who has a bunch (>1,000) of different insurance policies that are sold over the web and we want to be able to administer them in GP. Obviously there are no UOMs or anything. We have looked at grouping the policies (one set of prices for new business and one set of prices for renewal business, reflecting standard insurance industry practice) but we're reluctant to go further until we know we'll not get tangled up. Has anyone out there had experience of handlin...

Error: Document is damaged and can not be opened. Use command Open
When I got my new pc, with windows 7 pro, I got a problem with some excel files: Error: Document is damaged and can not be opened. Use command Open and repair in Open-dialogbox, and choose Draw out data when you are asked too. (This error is originally in Norwagian, but i have translated it into English, the best I could) My previous pc with XP and Office 2007, does not have this problem. Other people in my company does not have this problem. But I'm the first person with W7 pro in my company, and I've got a problem. Most excel files works ok, but the ones that ar...

MFC Database programming #2
Hi! I have an MFC project, which use an MS-ACCESS db. is there any control, which brings capability the same as DataGrid of a Windows Form, to Dialog forms of MFC? ...

using Vlookup to validate data
I have 2 spreadsheets with names and email addresses - File 1: 150 records File 2: 63000 records I need to check if each of the emails on file 1 are there in file 2 or not. If it is there it shoul show "yes" else show "no" when I do a Vlookup it gives me the email ids in the cell - I am not able to show a 'yes' or 'no' so I guess this will hav eto be a combination of vlookup and IF statement.....any ideas? Hi No need for a slow lookup. Assuming data in column A of both sheets On sheet1 in B1 =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1),"yes&q...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

2003 vs 2007 Maximum Resource units
If I open a resource-loaded project created in MSP 2003 in MSP 2007 and change the Maximum Units in the Resource Usage view to a non-integer value, the number rounds to the nearest integer on the screen. If I save the file as a 2003 project and open it in 2003, the non-integer values are there. If I save the project as a 2007 project and reopen it in 2007, the non-integer values are there. But they always show as integers in 2003 projects opened in 2007. I'm using SP3 of 2003 Pro and SP2 of 2007 Pro. Can someone confirm this for me? Does anyone know if this is a known bug/...

XLT vs XLS
Any version of Excel including 2007 I wrote a VBA project for an OP and he saved it as a template (xlt). When the code opened that file and placed data into it and saved it as an xls, he found that it was missing some of the standard modules. Is that related in any way to the xlt thing? A related question: What is the benefit of making a file an xlt file? I realize that you don't want to change the original xlt file, but if the code opens that file, changes it, and then savesAS another xls name, does it make any difference if the original is an xlt or xls? Thanks for you...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Word 2007
The documents and templates were created in Word 2003, same with the autotext entries. When choose it from autotextlist or macros, which are mostly addresses. Using autotextlist to select a city and populates the mailing address macro - produces a list of 100+ cities to choose from and populates the address. When select the content goes in the document as double spaced when reveal formatting - shows 6pt before 10 point after multiple spacing 1.5 I clear the formatting resave the autotext entry save the template or document, try to pick from the list again and it does the sa...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

Is it possible to use logon name as a variable in exchange 2007 email address creation?
We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be "JohnD" Email addresses were generated using the logon name. Is that possible in exchange 2007? regards Frank Frank formulated the question : > We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 > in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 > logon name to be precisie), e,g for user &...

Default email address when using both exchange & pop3 email
I've tried searching for my answer but I apologise if this question is a duplicate of one I haven't found. Originally Outlook was set up to use Exchange and then several pop3 email accounts were created. I've just added another pop3 account which I would like to be the default account. At home I just go to Tools, Accounts, etc to select the default but at work there is no Accounts option on the Tools menu (only Services, Customise, Options). Please could someone tell me how to set the default email account in this situation. Thanks in advance Helen "Helen Rybus"...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

another hang situation here while using threads
Below are codes that I believe working fine in some cases. Normally, certain combo selection calls StartUIThread() and TerminateUIThread() is called when that combo selection changed. Ui thread makes one worker thread to do somethinig. No problem so far. But my program started to hang after I tried to use hotkey that does following: LRESULT CMainFrame::OnHotKey(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { if (wParam == 100) { // here I can be sure UI thread is running somehow TerminateUIThread(); SPECIAL = 3; // this makes InitInstance do something and just return FALSE StartUIThread(); //...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...

Timesheet approval strange behaviour-Project Server 2007
Dear all, We are using Project Server 2007 Timesheet Module for a Functional Organization. Organization has various Teams. For every Team there is a Team Leader. Team Leaders report to Functional Managers and all Functional Managers report to a Director. All Team Members, Team Leaders and Managers register their Actual Time using Timesheet module. We are using "Fixed Approval" as follows: Team Member A has the Team Leader A of his/her Team as Timesheet Manager. Team Leader A has the Functional Manager A as Timesheet Manager. Functional Manager A Timesheet Appro...

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...

items from clipboard don't paste into my Office 2003 program
I can get items to copy into the clipboard. But then I often cannot get those items to paste into an Office 2003 program ... Access, Outlook, Word .... until I reboot. This happens about twice a week. I do a LOT of cut and paste in my work so I really use the clipboard feature. ...

How do I set up a stacked bar chart using military times?
When my values are time, whenther they are reagular or military, the bottom bar is correct, but the others are not. As anexample, if I want a stacked bar that shows the following 3 times: start work 8:00 lunch 12:30 clock out 16:30 how do I get the bars displayed correctly as well as the "displayed values"? I have just put up a proposed solution for you at:- www.pierrefondes.com - first (top) example on the home page. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "Healthcare Quality Analyst" wrote: > When my values are time, whenther they ar...

need to run another access program from a front-end
I have a front end that has exceeded its no. of objects (2000) as i cannot make mde out of it. What i plan to do is rmove some functions from the file and put it into another mde file which would be called fron the first front-end. How can I do this ? yusuf "programsimpleeh?" <programsimpleeh?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1A510E6-C0D0-41EF-AB61-A81F467C634A@microsoft.com... >I have a front end that has exceeded its no. of objects (2000) as i cannot > make mde out of it. What i plan to do is rmove some functions from the > file &...