Setting the window class and name in a CRichEdit derived class

I'm trying to set the window class and name for automated testing on a
CRichEditView derived class. Unfortunately the name appears in the richedit
control as text and the name is not set. This technique worked on a CView
derived class. Can anybody help?

BOOL CLogView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
{
    // Call base class PreCreateWindow to get the cs.lpszClass filled
    // in with the MFC default class name
    if( !CRichEditView::PreCreateWindow(cs) )
        return FALSE;

    // Register the window class if a new one is defined.
    if (!m_csClass.IsEmpty())
    {
        WNDCLASS wndcls;
        HINSTANCE hInst = AfxGetInstanceHandle();

        // Check if our class is registered
        if(!(::GetClassInfo(hInst, m_csClass, &wndcls)))
        {
            // Get default MFC class settings
            if(::GetClassInfo(hInst, cs.lpszClass, &wndcls))
            {
                // Set our class name
                wndcls.lpszClassName = m_csClass;

                // Register class
                if (!AfxRegisterClass(&wndcls))
                {
                    // Could not register class
                    AfxThrowResourceException();
                }
            }
            else
            {
                // Default MFC class not registered
                AfxThrowResourceException();
            }
        }

        // Set our class name in CREATESTRUCT
        cs.lpszClass = m_csClass;
    }

    // Set the window name
    if (!m_csName.IsEmpty())
        cs.lpszName = m_csName;

    // Change the window style
    cs.style |= ES_MULTILINE;
    cs.style &= ~ES_AUTOHSCROLL;

    return TRUE;
}

0
DaveMoran (6)
10/5/2005 12:07:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Dave,

I will be assisting you in order for you to start using the MSDN Managed
Newsgroups.

>I'm trying to set the window class and name for automated
>testing on a CRichEditView derived class. Unfortunately
>the name appears in the richedit control as text and the name
>is not set.

I am afraid I am not very clear which class name in your code snippet could
not be changed, do you mean the CLogView class's name could not be change?

If so, this is as expected, you could not change a class name after it had
been registered and created, if you want to change one class name, you need
to do it before register it(AfxRegisterClass). So in your scenario, the
wndcls's class name could be changed but not the CLogView's, its too late.

By the way, you did not get a response from the MSDN Managed Newsgroups
within two business days because you posted with the following invalid
no-spam alias:  DaveMoran@discussions.microsoft.com.  Your post did not get
"flagged" as an MSDN Managed customer.  This may be due to the fact that
under your web news profile you have selected "Use a false address we
generate for you".  This choice creates an email alias for non-MSDN
subscribers and is why you have not received a response to your questions.
The web news profile can be found as the icon at the
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed site at the top, next to the
<SIGN OUT> button. If you have previously registered for a no-spam alias,
please put the correct one in the field.

To register a no-spam alias:
Log into subscriber downloads and select the newsgroup link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/

To configure the web-based profile:
sed

Step by Step Instructions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/sschac/articles/376447.aspx

Additional Info:

To configure your newsgroup client:
guring

The list of MSDN Managed Newsgroups
http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/managednewsgroups/list.aspx

Thank you for choosing the MSDN Managed Newsgroups!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)
10/19/2005 10:49:19 AM
Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply. It's the name that is not being set for the window.
Instead the name is appearing in the actual window as text. I expected the
window name to be set using the two lines below.

    // Set the window name
    if (!m_csName.IsEmpty())
        cs.lpszName = m_csName;

Dave

""Gary Chang[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I will be assisting you in order for you to start using the MSDN Managed
> Newsgroups.
>
> >I'm trying to set the window class and name for automated
> >testing on a CRichEditView derived class. Unfortunately
> >the name appears in the richedit control as text and the name
> >is not set.
>
> I am afraid I am not very clear which class name in your code snippet could
> not be changed, do you mean the CLogView class's name could not be change?
>
> If so, this is as expected, you could not change a class name after it had
> been registered and created, if you want to change one class name, you need
> to do it before register it(AfxRegisterClass). So in your scenario, the
> wndcls's class name could be changed but not the CLogView's, its too late.
>
> By the way, you did not get a response from the MSDN Managed Newsgroups
> within two business days because you posted with the following invalid
> no-spam alias:  DaveMoran@discussions.microsoft.com.  Your post did not get
> "flagged" as an MSDN Managed customer.  This may be due to the fact that
> under your web news profile you have selected "Use a false address we
> generate for you".  This choice creates an email alias for non-MSDN
> subscribers and is why you have not received a response to your questions.
> The web news profile can be found as the icon at the
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed site at the top, next to the
> <SIGN OUT> button. If you have previously registered for a no-spam alias,
> please put the correct one in the field.
>
> To register a no-spam alias:
> Log into subscriber downloads and select the newsgroup link
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/
>
> To configure the web-based profile:
> sed
>
> Step by Step Instructions:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/sschac/articles/376447.aspx
>
> Additional Info:
>
> To configure your newsgroup client:
> guring
>
> The list of MSDN Managed Newsgroups
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/managednewsgroups/list.aspx
>

> Thank you for choosing the MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gary Chang
> Microsoft Community Support
> --------------------
> Get Secure! ¡§C www.microsoft.com/security
> Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
> &SD=msdn

DaveMoran (6)
10/19/2005 11:04:09 AM
Hi Dave,

>...,  I expected the window name to be set using
>the two lines below.
>
>    // Set the window name
>    if (!m_csName.IsEmpty())
>        cs.lpszName = m_csName;

I have tested the following code snippet on my simple SDI application, it
works OK, the cs.lpszName has been changed to "Hello!":

BOOL CTNameView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
{
    if( !CRichEditView::PreCreateWindow(cs) )
        return FALSE;

    cs.lpszName = "Hello!";

    return TRUE;
}

It appears there is no problem with your code, I suggest you set a
breakpoint in the sample code line and perform some debugging of your
program...

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)
10/20/2005 6:38:42 AM
Hi Gary

Thank you for persisting with this one. I created a similar SDI example. I
ran it through the debugger and cs.lpszName is correctly set in the
PreCreateWindow method. However when I look at the window with Spy++ the name
is empty.

I noticed that CRichEditView clears the name in it's version of
PreCreateWindow, but I'm setting it after this call. I checked the value of
the name all the way into the final call to ::CreateWindowEx.

Is there any way to set the window name after the PreCreateWindow method?

Dave

""Gary Chang[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> >...,  I expected the window name to be set using
> >the two lines below.
> >
> >    // Set the window name
> >    if (!m_csName.IsEmpty())
> >        cs.lpszName = m_csName;
>
> I have tested the following code snippet on my simple SDI application, it
> works OK, the cs.lpszName has been changed to "Hello!":
>
> BOOL CTNameView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
> {
>     if( !CRichEditView::PreCreateWindow(cs) )
>         return FALSE;
>
>     cs.lpszName = "Hello!";
>
>     return TRUE;
> }
>
> It appears there is no problem with your code, I suggest you set a
> breakpoint in the sample code line and perform some debugging of your
> program...
>

> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gary Chang
> Microsoft Community Support
> --------------------
> Get Secure! ¡§C www.microsoft.com/security
> Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
> &SD=msdn

DaveMoran (6)
10/20/2005 8:54:03 AM
Hi Dave,

>However when I look at the window with Spy++ the name
>is empty.
>Is there any way to set the window name after the
>PreCreateWindow method?

Would you please tell me why do you need to set the window name of your
CRichEdit derived class, and based on my expereience, the Spy++ could not
be used to retrieve a specific windows's window name, there is no such
entry in it...

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)
10/21/2005 8:54:13 AM
Hi Gary

I'm trying to set up my application for automated testing. I need to
override the MFC generate class naming (e.g. Afx:400000:b:10011:6:30e7b) and
to give the windows unique (& static) names. I think the confusion is between
window caption and window name. Spy++ shows the Window Caption on the General
tab and Class Name on the Class tab.

I was looking at the help text for SetWindowText, which says:

Sets the window’s title to the specified text. If the window is a control,
the text within the control is set.

This is exactly what I'm seeing. Does this mean that I can never set the
Window name/caption for a CRichEditView derived class? Is this because
there's no caption on my window? lpszName is obviously being used to set the
text in the control.

Dave
0
DaveMoran (6)
10/21/2005 9:31:05 AM
"Dave Moran" <DaveMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Gary
>
> I'm trying to set up my application for automated testing. I need to
> override the MFC generate class naming (e.g. Afx:400000:b:10011:6:30e7b)
and
> to give the windows unique (& static) names. I think the confusion is
between
> window caption and window name. Spy++ shows the Window Caption on the
General
> tab and Class Name on the Class tab.
>
> This is exactly what I'm seeing. Does this mean that I can never set the
> Window name/caption for a CRichEditView derived class? Is this because
> there's no caption on my window? lpszName is obviously being used to set
the
> text in the control.

Maybe I'm arriving too late to this party, but the lpszName member of a
CREATESTRUCT is the caption and/or text. The classname member is
lpszClass...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/windows/windowreference/windowstructures/createstruct.asp

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/21/2005 11:53:10 AM
Hi Jeff

It's never too late to join the party!

The createstruct help just says that it's the window name. There seems to be
no way to name a CRichEditView derived class.

Dave
0
DaveMoran (6)
10/21/2005 12:22:05 PM
Hi Dave,

>This is exactly what I'm seeing. Does this mean
>that I can never set the Window name/caption
>for a CRichEditView derived class?

The cs.lpszName doesn't mean the window's caption string of the target
window class, if you want to mark/lable some specific windows, I suggest
you use their handles...

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)
10/22/2005 11:02:48 AM
Hi Gary

I fail to see how windows handles can help with automated testing. How will
my third party tool know what the window handle is? The windows will also be
generated with different handles each time the program is run. My
understanding is that windows can also reassign the handle at any time.

If cs.lpszName doesn't mean the window's caption string, what does it mean?
I thought that's what the help text was telling us.

The only solution I can think of is to uniquely name the class for
CRichEditView derived classes.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
0
DaveMoran (6)
10/24/2005 10:01:03 AM
Hi Dave

>If cs.lpszName doesn't mean the window's caption string,
>what does it mean?
>I thought that's what the help text was telling us.

yes, you are right, but only if the target window style specifies a title
bar, the cs.lpszName will be used as the windows' caption string. So in
this point, specify a window name to a CRichEdit derived class doesn't work
for you requirement.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)

How to delete or permantly change logo in personal settings
When I was just learnng how to do publisher I created a logo and Iwant to change it in the permanant settings for the personal information. I cannot delete it or edit it. Also on the other 3 settings for secondary, home etc. it does not alowany logo at all. Anyone know? Locate the following files and delete them: Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

retrieving directory names
Dear group! Apparently it's a simple question: How do I retrieve the directory name that my program's running in? Background: My applications reads and writes its' configurations from an xml file which is supposed to be stored in the same directory with the executable. Relative pathnames like ".\myconfig.xml" appear to work at startup but as soon as I invoke some file dialogs during runtime the ".\" expression is resolved to the last directory I opened something from. The followup-question to this would be: How do I retrieve directory names like "my pictur...

How to get device name?
Hello all: I want to know all the name of devices in my PC, because I want to open them using API CreateFile and test it, how to do?thanks. Hi, what you want do by meanin "test it"? You cant open all devices with the API CreateFile (for several reasons). Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#vVH#JkqKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

#Name? problem that has been stumping Everyone
I have been posting this message for about 5 days now and no one has been able to help. I have a macro that fills down the formula =IF(AT2 = 500,MROUND(AI2,500),IF(AT2 = 5,MROUND(AI2,5),IF(AT2 = 10,MROUND(AI2,10),IF(AT2 = 25,MROUND(AI2,25),IF(AT2 = 100,MROUND(AI2,100),IF(AT2 = 200,MROUND(AI2,200),IF(AT2 = 364,MROUND(AI2,364),ROUNDDOWN(AI2,0)))))))) Each time I fill down the range using the macro I get a #name? error. As I have posted before there is no error in the function because when I go into the status bar at the end of the formula and MANUALLY hit enter the formula calculates correctl...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

How to change caption on 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class?
Hi, Does anyone know how to change the caption on the 'apply' button in a CPropertySheet-derived class? I derived a class CPlotSettingsDialog1. Here is it's OnCreate. int CPlotSettingsDialog1::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CPropertySheet::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; CRect WindowRect; GetWindowRect(&WindowRect); WindowRect.bottom = WindowRect.bottom + 60; MoveWindow(&WindowRect); return 0; } all the code does is make the bottom of the property sheet a bit longer. It still has the 3 default buttons. I need to either re-caption t...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

Column names
Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 Thanks =COLUMN(AA:AA) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eRRce.675942$w62.535613@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. > e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 > Thanks > Hi, Peo Great! Thanks. How about the other way? i.e. 27 for AA "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23MpiXScTFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNG...

Name AutoCorrect 09-26-03
I am running Access2000 and working on an existing database (I believe it was converted from FoxPro). I have turned on the Name AutoCorrect options (in Tools > Options > General), however, Name AutoCorrect does not work. I searched KnowlegeBase and found a report 230616 which explained that for a "converted database", I need to save each control that I plan to change, in order to generate the Name Map. I have done that, but Name AutoCorrect still does not work. Any help? Not 100% sure but... 1. Can you create a new .mdb, set the NameAutoCorrect, and import the objec...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Shortcut into Name box
Hi there. Using E02 on XP. I'm using the Name box (above A1) and wonder if there isn't a keystroke to 'jump' into it quickly? Thanks in advance for any help! Depends on what you use it for. If you quickly want to jump to a named range, you can also use F5. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Bonnie" <Hambrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454a01c520c2$f4137fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there. Using E02 on XP. I'm using the Name box (above > A1) and wonder if there isn't a keystroke to 'jump' into ...

Cross referencing named row with named column
I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row named Sales but cant figure out what the syntax is. I thought it used to be =June|Sales but it doesnt seem to work. Hi try =INDEX(A1:H20,MATCH("June",A1:H1,0),MATCH("Sales",A1:A20,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "davide212" <davide212@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:917620B9-9182-45C8-9D0F-56B0878CF617@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row > named Sales but cant figure out ...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Setting Up a Novel #2
I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, Footers, Glossary, Index, etc Is this the right application to use for this job? Thanks Barry Barry wrote: > I would like to write a book using Publisher 2002. How can I set this up to > achieve optimum results in the shortest period of time? I need Table of > Contents, Chapters, Page Numbers, Graphics, Formatting Styles, Headers, > Footers, Glossary, Inde...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...