Setting focus to List Control

Hi all,

I have a List Control that I fill in OnSetActive. I then want to
highlight the first row.

I tried to do it as follows:

BOOL PassTab::OnSetActive()
{
    // ... fill the List Control

    c_selectedList.SetItemState( 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED);
    c_selectedList.SetFocus();

    return TRUE;
}

The first item gets a grey rectangle around it, not the blue one that it
has when it's selected *and* focused, so from this I deduce that the
command c_selectedList.SetFocus(); is not working here.

When I use the same two lines elsewhere (say, when I press a button) the
first line is highlighted properly, so I guess it's the fact that it's
inside OnSetActive that prevents it from working.

I tried returning FALSE from OnSetActive, but this would prevent a
property page from being activated. The list does have the Show
selection always style.

Thanks for any help.

Vit Planocka

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If OnSetActive is called within the OnInitDialog() function and you return
TRUE in OnInitDialog(), it may be the problem.
I guess that you're using PropertySheet or something like that but I never
use it so I may be off the track.

Normand

"Vit Planocka" <vitplanocka@mail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
Xns9483460F424D2vitplanockamailcom@62.24.64.13...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a List Control that I fill in OnSetActive. I then want to
> highlight the first row.
>
> I tried to do it as follows:
>

> BOOL PassTab::OnSetActive()
> {
>     // ... fill the List Control
>
>     c_selectedList.SetItemState( 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED);
>     c_selectedList.SetFocus();
>
>     return TRUE;
> }
>
> The first item gets a grey rectangle around it, not the blue one that it
> has when it's selected *and* focused, so from this I deduce that the
> command c_selectedList.SetFocus(); is not working here.
>
> When I use the same two lines elsewhere (say, when I press a button) the
> first line is highlighted properly, so I guess it's the fact that it's
> inside OnSetActive that prevents it from working.
>
> I tried returning FALSE from OnSetActive, but this would prevent a
> property page from being activated. The list does have the Show
> selection always style.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Vit Planocka

0
NoEmail9920 (149)
2/2/2004 6:35:42 AM
Thanks, but I'm afraid that returning FALSE from OnInitDialog didn't help.
Yes, I am using property sheet.

Vit Planocka

"Normand" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in

> If OnSetActive is called within the OnInitDialog() function and you
> return TRUE in OnInitDialog(), it may be the problem.
> I guess that you're using PropertySheet or something like that but I
> never use it so I may be off the track.
>
> Normand
>
> "Vit Planocka" <vitplanocka@mail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> Xns9483460F424D2vitplanockamailcom@62.24.64.13...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a List Control that I fill in OnSetActive. I then want to
>> highlight the first row.
>>
>> I tried to do it as follows:
>>

>> BOOL PassTab::OnSetActive()
>> {
>>     // ... fill the List Control
>>
>>     c_selectedList.SetItemState( 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED);
>>     c_selectedList.SetFocus();
>>
>>     return TRUE;
>> }
>>
>> The first item gets a grey rectangle around it, not the blue one that
>> it has when it's selected *and* focused, so from this I deduce that
>> the command c_selectedList.SetFocus(); is not working here.
>>
>> When I use the same two lines elsewhere (say, when I press a button)
>> the first line is highlighted properly, so I guess it's the fact that
>> it's inside OnSetActive that prevents it from working.
>>
>> I tried returning FALSE from OnSetActive, but this would prevent a
>> property page from being activated. The list does have the Show
>> selection always style.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>

>> Vit Planocka

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean exactly, I'm a french guy.
Did you try it (return FALSE in OnInitDialog) and it didn't work?
You know that OnInitDialog() says:
    // return TRUE  unless you set the focus to a control

Xns948353BFBA65Cvitplanockamailcom@62.24.64.13...
> Thanks, but I'm afraid that returning FALSE from OnInitDialog didn't help.
> Yes, I am using property sheet.
>
> Vit Planocka
>

> "Normand" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in
>
> > If OnSetActive is called within the OnInitDialog() function and you
> > return TRUE in OnInitDialog(), it may be the problem.
> > I guess that you're using PropertySheet or something like that but I
> > never use it so I may be off the track.
> >
> > Normand
> >
> > "Vit Planocka" <vitplanocka@mail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> > Xns9483460F424D2vitplanockamailcom@62.24.64.13...
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have a List Control that I fill in OnSetActive. I then want to
> >> highlight the first row.
> >>
> >> I tried to do it as follows:
> >>

> >> BOOL PassTab::OnSetActive()
> >> {
> >>     // ... fill the List Control
> >>
> >>     c_selectedList.SetItemState( 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED);
> >>     c_selectedList.SetFocus();
> >>
> >>     return TRUE;
> >> }
> >>
> >> The first item gets a grey rectangle around it, not the blue one that
> >> it has when it's selected *and* focused, so from this I deduce that
> >> the command c_selectedList.SetFocus(); is not working here.
> >>
> >> When I use the same two lines elsewhere (say, when I press a button)
> >> the first line is highlighted properly, so I guess it's the fact that
> >> it's inside OnSetActive that prevents it from working.
> >>
> >> I tried returning FALSE from OnSetActive, but this would prevent a
> >> property page from being activated. The list does have the Show
> >> selection always style.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.
> >>

> >> Vit Planocka

0
NoEmail9920 (149)
2/2/2004 7:45:01 AM
Yes, I tried it and it didn't work.

"Vit Planocka" <vitplanocka@mail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Yes, I tried it and it didn't work.
>
> "Normand" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in
>
> > I'm not sure if I understand what you mean exactly, I'm a french guy.
> > Did you try it (return FALSE in OnInitDialog) and it didn't work?
> > You know that OnInitDialog() says:
> >     // return TRUE  unless you set the focus to a control

Maybe try something like this:
    c_selectedList.SetItemState( 0, LVIS_FOCUSED | LVIS_SELECTED,
LVIS_FOCUSED | LVIS_SELECTED);

--
Bjarne Nielsen

No, that didn't help either. I'm starting to think that the problem I
have really is caused by my particular implementation of Property Sheet
and the switching of Property Pages. I'll have to look into it more
deeply.

Thanks to everyone for the hints.

Regards,

Vit Planocka

> No, that didn't help either. I'm starting to think that the problem I
> have really is caused by my particular implementation of Property Sheet
> and the switching of Property Pages. I'll have to look into it more
> deeply.
>
> Thanks to everyone for the hints.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vit Planocka

I just remembered something. You cannot set focus that way to a control in
OnSetActive.
What you must do is PostMessage a WM_NEXTDLGCTL mesage to the property page,
which will do the right thing. At least that's my expierience.

--
Bjarne Nielsen

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

controls go dead
I have an application that goes into a loop and waits (using WaitCommEvent) for data to come into the serial port. My problem is that once I enter that loop, all my CButton's go stupid. The checkbox won't check, the OK and Cancel buttons don't work. Below is the code in question, post a note if this is not enough info. These Functions are all part of a CDialog class--PickOps.cpp while(m_PauseCheckBox.GetState() == BST_UNCHECKED){ controllerResponse = ""; //Tells controller to begin polling waitForAnswer(&controllerResponse); if(m_Pau...

Global Address list #40
Hi, i have: Windows 2003 SBS Exchange 2003 And Outlook 2003 clients Is there an option to edit or add recipients in the global address list, can i edit this items??? Thanks a lot what you add/edit/hide in active directory is what the GAL is going to show. "Daniel Vargas" wrote: > Hi, i have: > Windows 2003 SBS > Exchange 2003 > And Outlook 2003 clients > > Is there an option to edit or add recipients in the global address list, can > i edit this items??? > > Thanks a lot You add recipients by creating new mailboxes or contacts. Why do you want to ...

How to set backcolour

Add New Group in Tasks List
Outlook 2007 On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group. What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group? Any help will be greatly appreciated. --Tom You can only place folders in the groups, not views. Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Importing marketing list
How do I import a marketing list into CRM without associating it with an Account, Contact or Lead? These are purchsed lists and will not become real leads until we run them through a campaign and get some campaign responses back. I just need to import an e-mail list into CRM and have the e-mail field populated (it could be associated with a Lead if there was no other option). When I import the list into a Marketing List, I have to associate it with something, so I chose Lead, but then it only provides me with the three fields Company Name, Last Name and Topic...there are no other fi...

Active X control
Hi All, I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++ using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and a FlexGrid control in this ActiveX. But when I run this control in a client application, the control disappears. If I remove Flexgrid, the control is displayed but when I press any button on this control, program hangs. Where is it that I might be going wrong? Would highly appreciate a solution or suggestion regarding this. TestHim wrote: > Hi All, > I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++ > using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and ...

Reading Pane Settings

Sharepoint and updating of excel lists
Anyone might have any clues on this in this group: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.misc/messages/ab36a40dd1db9436,7a8401f8cb7b72d4?hl=en&thread_id=c128d640408327db&mode=thread&noheader=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.lang.perl.misc%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fc128d640408327db%2F7a8401f8cb7b72d4%3Fhl%3Den%26#doc_ab36a40dd1db9436 Hoping we have some perl mongers in this group :-) Dave wrote... >Anyone might have any clues on this in this group: .... Did you try using use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; ? If so, what did the statement printf &quo...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Help Please with Dropdown lists and Vlookup
How can I integrate using a multiselect dropdown list and vlookup function? I have gone to "Contextures" website but do not see this type of example. I am trying to setup a form with a couple of list boxes where if I select the first box and select an item(s) they will be filled in the adjoing cell and the other list boxes will be populated with the data pertaining to the item selected in the first list box. Any help or reference to any site will be greatly appreciated. Hi Totally Confused, You say that you have looked at the Contextures site, but did you look at Debra Da...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Outlook contacts list issue
I am in the process of recovering data from an anchange disaster. I had all of the mailboxes recovered and are all in PST files. I am now going through and showing users how to import their calendars, contacts, mail etc. When a user imports his/her contacts, everything goes fine until they try to use those contacts through the address book. The address book does not show any contacts added by the import. Any newly created contacts are visible. I have found that if I change the email address of an imported contact, that contact will then appear in the address book. This indicates ...

Parameter Query with List Box
Hi, I am experimenting with parameter queries and am wondering if anyone has ever managed to swap a list box with the default box that pops up asking for a parameter value to be entered. My thinking is the list box in its place would be more user-friendly as the user would only have to select from a set of values rather than have to both remember and type in values into the default box. Any ideas? Thanks Barkley ...