Setting caret in edit control & activating it.

Hello

Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an
edit control ?

Nicholas

0
nickk (5)
10/27/2003 3:56:25 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an
> edit control ?
>
> Nicholas

0
CheckAbdoul
10/27/2003 4:37:13 PM
If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then
check out KB article Q74514 @ support.microsoft.com
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;74514)

"Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an
> edit control ?
>
> Nicholas

0
tbalcom1 (29)
10/27/2003 4:54:31 PM
Thats got no effect - doesn't enable the caret in the edit window, nor
display it.  I forgot to mention the edit window will be empty (ready for
typing).

Nicholas

"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
>     Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> -----------------------------------
>
> "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in
an
> > edit control ?
> >
> > Nicholas

0
nickk (5)
10/27/2003 4:55:15 PM
Dont really need to create my own - what I'm looking for is to be able to
move the caret to a given edit control, activate the caret system (and the
edit control) to allow typing without the user having to left-click the
mouse button.

Nicholas
"Trevor" <tbalcom@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control
then
> check out KB article Q74514 @ support.microsoft.com
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;74514)
>
> "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in
an
> > edit control ?
> >
> > Nicholas

0
nickk (5)
10/27/2003 4:57:38 PM
    Try a CEdit::SetFocus() before calling CEdit::SetSel()

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

> Thats got no effect - doesn't enable the caret in the edit window, nor
> display it.  I forgot to mention the edit window will be empty (ready for
> typing).
>
> Nicholas
>
> "CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
> >     Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret
in
> an
> > > edit control ?
> > >
> > > Nicholas

0
CheckAbdoul
10/27/2003 5:03:24 PM
I think hes saying thats not possible, you will have to try to create it
yourself

You might also try :

SetCaretPos

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/Resources/Carets/CaretReference/CaretFunctions/SetCaretPos.asp

Charles

> Dont really need to create my own - what I'm looking for is to be able to
> move the caret to a given edit control, activate the caret system (and the
> edit control) to allow typing without the user having to left-click the
> mouse button.
>
> Nicholas
> "Trevor" <tbalcom@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control
> then
> > check out KB article Q74514 @ support.microsoft.com
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;74514)
> >
> > "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret
in
> an
> > > edit control ?
> > >
> > > Nicholas

Nicholas,

    I misunderstood the original question.  CheckAbdoul has the correct
answer for you (CWnd::SetFocus & CEdit::SetSel).

"Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dont really need to create my own - what I'm looking for is to be able to
> move the caret to a given edit control, activate the caret system (and the
> edit control) to allow typing without the user having to left-click the
> mouse button.
>
> Nicholas
> "Trevor" <tbalcom@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control
> then
> > check out KB article Q74514 @ support.microsoft.com
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;74514)
> >
> > "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret
in
> an
> > > edit control ?
> > >
> > > Nicholas

0
tbalcom1 (29)
10/27/2003 7:33:40 PM
Yes, that works fine, thanks.

> Nicholas,
>
>     I misunderstood the original question.  CheckAbdoul has the correct
> answer for you (CWnd::SetFocus & CEdit::SetSel).
>

> "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Dont really need to create my own - what I'm looking for is to be able
> > move the caret to a given edit control, activate the caret system (and
the
> > edit control) to allow typing without the user having to left-click the
> > mouse button.
> >
> > Nicholas
> > "Trevor" <tbalcom@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit
control
> > then
> > > check out KB article Q74514 @ support.microsoft.com
> > > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;74514)
> > >
> > > "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message

> in
> > an

0
nickk (5)

OWA Set Rule problem

Linked form can't be edited
I have a large table with contact details and also additional details which only relates to about a third of my clients. If I include all the fields in my main input form(1) it becomes very cluttered so I have created another form(2) for just the additional information and select it with a button from form(1). Form(2) is filtered according to the client in form(1). However even though I have enabled editing in the properties box, I am unable to edit the form(2) fields. Without the filter it works fine, but I have to find the client manually to add the additional information. What...

setting up new outlook mail account

BdStart.xls is locked for editing
Hi guys, This is driving me nuts! I have run into this problem more times than I can count. Does anyone know what it is I am doing wrong or what to do to fix the problem. "BdStart.xls is locked for editing" message appears in every excel file I open. Please help! Thank you so much. Jennifer Jennifer Several Posts about this back a year or two. Can be found at Google. http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=bdstart.xls&hl=en One Poster said he could rename it. Try to delete from the XLSTART folder or move it out. You might have to go into DOS to delete it. None of the ...

controls go dead
I have an application that goes into a loop and waits (using WaitCommEvent) for data to come into the serial port. My problem is that once I enter that loop, all my CButton's go stupid. The checkbox won't check, the OK and Cancel buttons don't work. Below is the code in question, post a note if this is not enough info. These Functions are all part of a CDialog class--PickOps.cpp while(m_PauseCheckBox.GetState() == BST_UNCHECKED){ controllerResponse = ""; //Tells controller to begin polling waitForAnswer(&controllerResponse); if(m_Pau...

How to set backcolour

Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message
Hello - I'm in a bit of a situation. I use a web processing cgi script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that of the email field on my web site's form - so any messages I receive processed through the web form have an email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no- reply@formbuddy.com). Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to change the sender/reply to address manually, so that everytime I want to send an email to the individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have to cut and paste there email address in to the TO: field. Anotherwords,...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Active X control
Hi All, I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++ using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and a FlexGrid control in this ActiveX. But when I run this control in a client application, the control disappears. If I remove Flexgrid, the control is displayed but when I press any button on this control, program hangs. Where is it that I might be going wrong? Would highly appreciate a solution or suggestion regarding this. TestHim wrote: > Hi All, > I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++ > using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Strange permission Settings.
Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side problem Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes. When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the system administrator" But they have full rights to it an...

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...

How do I set up my microsoft outlook to send emails?
I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please help!!! You need to get these settings from your ISP "XMY" <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8BBA0B0-A04B-41E6-90C3-3CF64D43EBA3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking > for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please > help!!! XMY <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm tr...