Setting and removing imagelist in CListCtrl

I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a
CListCtrl at runtime.

If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using
SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the
list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the
control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also,
after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it.

If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items
appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not
able to set one after the fact.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Dale

0
dale (4)
7/15/2005 11:23:28 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If I'm correct, it's the status of the iImage member when you create an item that determines whether
or not to indent for an image.  If it's -1 or less, it doesn't indent, if greater than -1, and the
list control has an image list, it does indent.  Even if you remove the image list, if the image
index is still non-negative, I believe it reserves space for it.

"Dale Fugier" <dale@mcneel.com> wrote in message news:edYOtQZiFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a CListCtrl at runtime.
>
> If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using SetImageList(), I am able to
> remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the list control appears to still leave some space between
> the edge of the control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also, after
> removing the image, I am not able to re-set it.
>
> If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items appear next to the left
> edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not able to set one after the fact.
>
> Any help would really be appreciated.

0
ScotB (233)
7/16/2005 12:36:27 AM
Hi Scot, thanks for replying.

I tried your suggestion, but I still get the space for the image left even
when I set the image indices to -1.

I am just trying to allow the user the option of either displaying an items
image or not without owner drawing the control.

I might be out of luck.

Thanks again,

-Dale

"Scot T Brennecke" <ScotB@MVPs.spamhater.org> wrote in message
> If I'm correct, it's the status of the iImage member when you create an
> item that determines whether or not to indent for an image.  If it's -1 or
> less, it doesn't indent, if greater than -1, and the list control has an
> image list, it does indent.  Even if you remove the image list, if the
> image index is still non-negative, I believe it reserves space for it.
>
> "Dale Fugier" <dale@mcneel.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for
>>a CListCtrl at runtime.
>>
>> If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using
>> SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the
>> list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the
>> control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also,
>> after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it.
>>
>> If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items
>> appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am
>> not able to set one after the fact.
>>
>> Any help would really be appreciated.

0
dale (4)

oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Just did a bunch of updating to my windows 98 and now i can't open any attachments. please help hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Remove unwanted fonts from drop down menu
I have a number of apparently Korean fonts such as @Batang, @Dotum, @Fang Song, etc. I want them removed. When I go to the Control Panel and the Font Icon, they are not listed. How do I remove them? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micros...

How to set backcolour

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

How do i remove "Send As" rights
Hi The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on Behalf as"). I want to remove this. How do i do this in exch2003. Client is outlook 2003 Can remove this delegation from ADUC -> Find user-> go to the Properties of the user->Exchange General tab->Delivery Option-> their you got an option to set on-behalf permission, here you need to uncheck the checkbox. Regards, Tarun Verma "MSExchange2003Student" wrote: > Hi > > The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on > Behalf as")....

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

remove div/0 values in excel cells
Hello Members, I have a problem with Excel ,currently working with Cells .Where I want to remove Div/0 value from excel cell. Help me please,Its a production problem... Thanks In Advance Ash Hi Ash, =A1/B1; replace with =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ash" <garika.ashwin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163567648.449309.242100@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... | Hello Members, | I have a problem with Excel ,currently working with Cells .Where I want | to remove Div/0 value from excel cell. | | Help me please,Its a produc...

How do I remove duplicates
I have a spreadsheet showing telephone numbers of people who have called the fire brigade. I have used the "=countif" command to highlight those numbers which appear more than once, (they appear in red). I need to be able to move the duplicate numbers to a separate column but only show the duplicate number once in that column. Any ideas? Select first (header) cell of Phone Number column! Data>Filter>Advanced filter Check Copy to another location Leave List range as is (something like $A$1:$A$12) Move to Copy to field Click on cell you want to place the filte...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

Auto Accept Agent
I'm trying to Unregister a non-existing mailbox from the AutoAcceptAgent Event. The mailbox was removed from the system, but still shows up in the list of registered mailboxes. Any ideas where this information is stored? The Unregistration procedure queries AD for the primary email address to find the matching object (through the mail attribute) but can't find it :) ...

How to detect USB arrive/remove in the HealthVault strcuture
Hi all, I use the FabrikamBloodPressure sample to add my own code, and there are some function need to complete (e.g, OnDeviceArrival). And i have search some method to solve this question, but it all not work (e.g, RegisterDeviceNotification). There are some other discussion. <a href="http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/healthvault/thread/aa7d26ce-a044-401f-bdc4-42d1416e6839">Thread 1</a> <a href="http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/healthvault/thread/a14a1467-dcda-4300-91b9-b08b93286aa4">Thread 2</a> Is there ...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...