set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)

Hello,
For VC 6.0 (MFC) :
How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ?

Thanks :)

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book .....
"Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> For VC 6.0 (MFC) :
> How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ?
>
> Thanks :)

0
mubi (159)
12/7/2006 10:21:42 AM
hi Eitan,

            Try following,
        //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your
botton
          GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE);

        //To Disable button...at run time
         GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(FALSE);

Klic

Mubashir Khan wrote:
> this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book .....
> "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > For VC 6.0 (MFC) :
> > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ?
> >
> > Thanks :)

Which button are you talking about? For a toolbar button, you will do this
in ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler for that specific button(pCmdUI->Enable).
For a CButton, use CWnd::EnableWindow:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5kbfsahf(VS.80).aspx

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> For VC 6.0 (MFC) :
> How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ?
>
> Thanks :)

0
ajaykalra (6842)
12/7/2006 2:38:07 PM
EnableWindow(BOOL)

But where do you do it?  In the case of dialogs, you might want to read my essay on dialog
control management on my MVP Tips site.  This shows a methodology I've been using
successfully since before I started using MFC, so at least 14 years.
					joe

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:16:22 +0200, "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>For VC 6.0 (MFC) :
>How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ?
>
>Thanks :)

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
12/7/2006 2:59:38 PM
Try to avoid GetDlgItem.  That is SO retro.  There is no need to write GetDlgItem more
than about once a year, on the average.  See my essay on Avoiding GetDlgItem on my MVP
Tips site.
				joe

On 7 Dec 2006 03:27:03 -0800, "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote:

>hi Eitan,
>
>            Try following,
>        //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your
>botton
>          GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE);
>
>        //To Disable button...at run time
>         GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(FALSE);
>
>Klic
>
>Mubashir Khan wrote:
>> this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book .....
>> "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> > For VC 6.0 (MFC) :
>> > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ?
>> >
>> > Thanks :)

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

ExcelReport 2.0
ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. Supports all databases using ODBC. With on time configuration, automatically generates Excel reports. We are designing and developing ExcelReport 2.0. You are appreciated to give your advices. Here are some description of new features and report samples. http://www.ljzsoft.com/excelreport2/index.htm LJZsoft.com One of the most frustrating aspects of Crystal Report (which I presume is the principal competition) is its tendency to report numeric results as text, interfering with the user...

How to set backcolour

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Button not bring up Macro I created
I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. The button I created can't find the Macro. Does anyone know a good place to find a how to for this? Thanks Right click the button, on the dropdown click 'Assign Macro' The list of macro's will appear, assign the appropriate one to the button, Regards, Alan. "A.S." <A.S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295A08DB-21DD-45D3-A610-525182AE40B8@microsoft.com... >I have created a Macro and a button that is suppose to link to the Macro. >The > button I created can...

Error Install BP 4.0
Hi i Have the following Virtual Envioroment W2003 Enterprised R2 SQL-2005 Pck 2 GP-10 Pck2. WSS 3.0 I'm on local machine and the error is the following !Installer Information! An Error ocurred while applying security settings. nt authority\network services is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click retry, or cancel to end install. Please, give a hint!!!! Jaime O. ...

Creating Command button on Excel Sheet
Can anyone tell me how to activate a command button in Excel Sheet (M Excel 2000). I can create a botton there , but i can't execute it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you allocated some code (procedure steps) to the button using VBA? Rob "patwary8 >" <<patwary8.11jbds@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:patwary8.11jbds@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can anyone tell me how to activate a command button in Excel Sheet (MS > Excel 2000). I can create a botton there , but i can't execute it. > > > --- > Message posted ...

Reading Pane Settings

macros disabled
I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? Thanks, Scott I've got it. It was due to the "Missing" references. Mr. Chip Pearson helped identify the problem. "Scott" wrote: > I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it > says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? > > Thanks, > Scott Just as with 2003 you need to enable macros. But, unless the VBIDE is open, you don&#...

Outlook locks up #6
Everytime I launch internet explorer my out will no longer launch with logging clopmetely out of XP and signing back on. Any ideas why this may be occurring? ...

How do I set OOR

The page select buttons in publisher are gone, what do i do?
Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of publisher when there is more than one page, but I opened my saved leaflet those buttonshad gone. I know the 2nd page is there because when I do a multipage print preview I can see it. What's wrong with publisger, or is it me? View, status bar... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0CCB4-B7D9-4912-B196-8685EBE1784D@microsoft.com... > Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of p...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Set Focus

Changing a CDialogBar button
Hi. My application has a CDialogBar which has a few buttons. The CDialogBar is loaded from a resource. I'm interested in changing / adding / removing buttons in run time (in CMainFrame::OnCreate for instance), but i have no clue as to where to start. Any pointers ? Ori wrote: > Hi. > My application has a CDialogBar which has a few buttons. > The CDialogBar is loaded from a resource. > I'm interested in changing / adding / removing buttons in run time (in > CMainFrame::OnCreate for instance), > but i have no clue as to where to start. > Any pointers ? CMainFram...

MS Windows Explorer programming using VC++ ???
Hi I am writing a simple application to set up custom button control in MS windows explorer... Its like I shall be clicking on the button control and it shall be activating my custom program on the files/directories currently under selection... Having searched through a lot of MSDN stuff,, i could not find a way good enought to support me in my programming... Kindly suggest what needs to be done.... I am building this application in Microsoft Visual C++ using MFC... Also my platform is X86 with Windows 2000 Thanks in advance.. Regards, a.a.cpp I suggest reading the The Comple...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...