Separator in combo box

hi,
Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something
like a separator in menus?

thanks,
  Behzad

0
behzad
12/20/2004 7:40:11 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try :-

http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp

http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something
> like a separator in menus?
>
> thanks,
>   Behzad

0
nish (347)

Help parsing HTML into text in my text box within my form
Here's an interesting problem I hope someone can help with. I am pulling in data that is displayed in one of my text boxes (set up as memo format). the data used to be in plain text from the SQL server we are pulling from. Well now, we just had to change things...Now the data pulled for this text field comes in the format of HTML and now it is displayed in my text feild in my Form as garbled, HTML How can I parse this to plain text? I have no control over the format in which the data is stored on the SQL server we are pulling this information from. There has to be a way I...

Combo Box question
I have a combo box with CBS_DROPDOWN style. The combo box is enabled by default, but in response to an event, I want to change the combo box style such that the user can select and copy the currently displayed text in the edit control of the combo box, but not be able to drop down (or change it). In other words, the combo box needs to be disabled, except for allowing the user to navigate to it (via tab key) and copy the currently selected text. If I use CWnd::EnableWindow(FALSE), the combo box is completely disabled and does not even receive focus. How do I do this? Thanks for help Abhijit ...

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Check box
I have this check box...then I only want them to insert data when the check box is being checked and not just click. May I know how to code the line? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Aug 7, 9:48 pm, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: > I have this check box...then I only want them to insert data when the check > box is being checked and not just click. > > May I know how to code the line? > > -- > Message posted viahttp://www.accessmonster.com Emily, I think if you do a conditional check of value of the check bo...

Help, I moved mailboxes and now can open boxes using "Service account admin" rights
Hey everyone, We are running a Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp1 on Win2k3 in a cluster. We had ONE storage group and 4 DBs. I have a AD group that has Exchange "Service account admin" rights and people in that group could open ANY mailbox. I am in that group too. Over the weekend we created a NEW storage group in Exchange and MOVED tow DBs from SG1 to SG2 (the new SG). Now I can't open anyone's mailbox that is in the new SG. The users are working fine. They can connect to their mailboxes using Outlook 2003 just fine. However, I am troubleshooting a Bl...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Using a text box to enter in a password.
Hello everyone, I have created a login form for our users to enter their user ID and password into two text boxes. The first text box, the users enter in their employee ID, which is alpha-numeric, and the second text box is where the user enters in their password, using the input mask of astericks (*). I am seeing odd behavior in the password section of my form. If a user has a passowrd called "MYpassword", any leading capitals will be converted to lowercase and will read "Mypassword". We have had our users choose another password without any leading capital letters after...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Can't get rid of combo box
Hi, I followed these instructions from a previous post, but it didn't help. Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Press the Delete key, to delete any objects that were selected. (no objects were selected) If that didn't work, it may be an object from the control toolbox: (yes, it was) Choose View>Toolsbars>Control toolbox Click the Design mode button Point to one of the lines If the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow, click on the line to select it (it didn't change to a four-headed arrow) Press the delete key, to delete the line I also used the arrow ...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

How do you rid yourself of unwanted dialog boxes?
I use Microsoft Excel. I had a oilfield management program installed when I purchased the computer. When I open this menu up file not found dialog boxes are in front of the menu. I have to click off these boxes to use menu. This started happening only recently. It is now up to 7 boxes. Help, I am a novice. MIkeT Hi is this an Excel application?. If yes what error messages appear eaxctly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mtwin@telus.net" <mtwin@telus.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9C75E7A3-C24E-41B3-BB84-3B284FF94B03@microsoft.com... &...

Auto-Populate Combo Box.
I have three tables that have relationships to each other. I have a form built that shows three ComboBoxes on it. One each for ZIP, CITY, STATE. I want to type/pulldown the ZIP code and populate the City, and State fields without any other user actions. I have tried adding an AfterUpdate to the ZIP field, and performing a requery, however it does not populate the other fields. Looking for some code or query suggestions. Thanks, Assuming you have only one city/state per each zip code (not always true) your combo box Row Source could have additional columns for City and State ie: SELECT...

cannot receive incoming messages in one of my 2 mail boxes
Hello out there I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE for years without any problem. For the past week it's been total silence from one of my two OE mail boxes. No incoming mails whatsoever,but I can send mails from it. I'm awaiting important mails which have apparently been sent correctly. I've even tested sending mails to it from my other (functionning) mailbox. But nothing arrives. Can anyone suggest anything? Moira moira hamon wrote: > Hello out there > > I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

Invisible Text Boxes
Hey everyone. I have a report that is linked to a table through a query. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to hide text boxes that contain certain values (like...nothing). What I have are three labels with their respective table input values: Intial Actions: Blah blah Implementation: Blah Blah Management Action: Blah Blah Most of the time Implementation and Management action are emtpy, and thus just put labels into my report with nothing to follow. This creates clutter that I don't really want to show. So I'm wondering if you guys know how I coul...

separate pages rather than spreads?
Hi Using 2007 I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent it to an outside printer. They replied asking "Would it be possible to send in the inside pages as separate pages rather than spreads? That is a pdf with the pages A5 size in number order 1- whatever." Anyone know how to do that please ?? -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent > it to an outside printer. They replied asking > > "Would it be possible to se...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Drop Down Box
How can I make a drop down box in a cell so to choose either of three selections? Can this be done without a macro? -- Thank you! Use Data, Data Validation, select List at Validation criteria, type your selection at Source separate by ",",OK Lee Li Fong http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ ...

Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)
I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will enter information into forms for facilities in their respective regions. I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all the records/forms in their region (right now, the forms only have the facility name and address information entered). How do I link the command button function to the combo box? I'd like to learn to do this using the embedded macro function because I am not very familiar with VBA coding....

Need to Separate
Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: I have the following: TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL I need it to be: TX CA NM VT NY MI OK FL Thanks, Charles Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by ; will get it into columns. Then copy>paste special>transpose will get it into one column. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:02:46 -0500, "Charles Reid" <creid@satx.rr.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: > >I have the following: > >TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL &g...

Synching 2 iPhones to Outlook on one PC for separate calendaring
I want to use Outlook on our new PC to synch calendars for two iPhones belonging to my wife and myself. How do I go about this to keep the calendaring info separate; how does the iPhone know which calendar to synch with? Do I have to open Outlook to the right calendar somehow before I synch with the appropriate iPhone? Or is there some automated way of doing this so that I can just synch my iPhone without opening Outlook, and the system will know which iPhone gets synched with which calendar? Thanks -- Bob You'll need to configure the sync to use the correct profile and outlook w...

How to separate 2 words into separate kolumns
Hi I have just exported my address book in to Excel file, what I need to do is make from one field where I have: John Brown separate John in to column Name and remove Brown in to column surrname. I cant find any idea how to do such a thing. you can use following formulas consider a1 here as cell with complete name for first name formula =left(A1,find(" ",a1)) for surname =right(A1,len(a1)-find(" ",a1)) Regards NC you can also use menu data\text to columns feature of excel choose delimited in first window & space as separator regards NC ...

check box in list box
hi, I wanted to change the size of check box in my list box. For this, i derived a class from CCheckListBox. MSDN says i need to override OnGetCheckPostion(). When i do that i am getting run time error and the error is in PreDrawItem() of CCheckListBox. Can anyone point me to an example of overriding the method. Thanks Balaji On Mar 16, 7:05 am, balajichan...@gmail.com wrote: > hi, > I wanted to change the size of check box in my list box. > For this, i derived a class from CCheckListBox. > MSDN says i need to override OnGetCheckPostion(). When i do that i am > getting run ti...

separating text into separate columns
I'm new to Excel and working on a document with addresses in it. However, the first name and last name of the people are within the same column. So my question is: how do you separate text into separate columns without having to delete it? For example, my text currently looks like this: "Jones, James" but I want Jones to be in a separate column (titled "LAST") and James (titled "FIRST") to be in a separate column. Help? Thanks! With a blank column to the right of the column containing your data, select teh column with the names and do Data / Text To Columns...