SDK integration in VS2005 #2

In my MFC application I have resources in german as default and in english,
all included in the .exe. Whenever the program runs under a german version
of the OS it appears in german if it runs on any other language it should
come up in english. I'm using this code:

#ifdef FORCE_ENGLISH_US
 lcidUser =
 MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_DEFAULT);
#else
 lcidUser = GetUserDefaultLCID();
#endif
 LANGID langid = LANGIDFROMLCID(lcidUser);
 if (PRIMARYLANGID(langid) != LANG_GERMAN)
 {
  LCID lcidUsEnglish =
  MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_DEFAULT);
  SetThreadLocale (lcidUsEnglish);
//  SetThreadUILanguage(lcidUsEnglish);
 }

That worked with XP but in Vista they seem to have changed the
implementation of SetThreadLocale() because it doesn't work any more. So I
tried to use SetThreadUILanguage() instead. Now comes the problem. That
function is undefined. I've read somewhere that it requires an appropriate
SDK to be installed and I downloaded and installed the Vista SDK. There is a
tool called "Visual Studio 2005 integration tool". When I run it, I get the
message "Unable to access the required files. Login as administrator and try
rerunning the tool". I am an administrator so I'm wondering what's going
wrong here.

TIA,
Hans

0
news9141 (95)
11/6/2007 2:13:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Possible 2 Gb limit on PST
I have been reading prior posts regarding the 2 GB limit on PST file for some versions of Outlook. Is this unique to certain Outlook versions or does it pertain to the PST file structure or both? I am using Outlook 2007 but the PST file may have been created with an earlier version of Outlook. How can I tell about the PST file structure or which version created it? Try right-clicking on the data file (on your folders list), choosing Properties, then click the "Advanced" button and see if it tells you what Format it is. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tow...

updating my sdk
As I begin to work with DirectX (DirectSound), I am realizing all the more that my ol' buddy VC++ 6.0 is getting pretty old, I'm not ready to upgrade quite yet, but today I ran into the fact that my version of windows.h ((c) 1985-1997) does not define DWORD_PTR, so I defined that myself. What I'd like to know is Can I update my current situation without surprises, by using the downloads on one of these two links: http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/XPSP2FULLInstall.htm From what I...

Integration with Maximo
Hello, does anyone know about the integration of microsoft CRM 1.2 with maximo 5.2? If so, then how? Where can I find information about this type of integrtion? Thank you in adavnce ...

SMTP logs #2
Does anyone know of an application that can monitor your SMTP logs for you? I need to monitor the SMTP logs in the morning for repeated attempts on the SMTP service. This is very annoying considering theres over a thousand lines of entries. Any suggestions? I even read somewhere you can use a script to monitor it...?? Thanks! Hi How about logging it using ODBC and then you could dump it into Access and do queries against it: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF027.html -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Line chart or scatter chart?? #2
I have many sets of data for which the x-values run up from approx 60 to 100, and back down to 60ish. Each set of data consists of 200 points. I can happily display each set individually on a scatter chart, with the categories from, 60 (at point i=1)to 100 (i=100) to 60 (i=200). My probably occurs when I want to display two sets of data on the same graph. For each set, the x-values vary, for example another set could run from 65 to 95 then back to 65, but it still contains 200 points. Excel will only allow one set of values on the category axis, so only one data set will be correctly re...

Email Problem #2
I am not sure this is an outlook problem but when i send e-mail, outlook says that it has been sent. It show's in the log that it has been sent but it reaches the destination hours later. Sometimes it never gets to the destination. Nothing is showing in the OUTBOX. I have brought the machine down and up. I have done that after I have sent the mail. If I go to another machine on the network and send, no problem and it gets there immediately. I have checked with our ISP provider and they can't see a problem. Is there a setting I don't know about? You may have som...

HQ to Quickbooks Integration
Hi there, Has anyone done a HQ to Quickbooks integration? I require soem assistance. Ivan Brebner HQ doesn't integrate with QuickBooks. If you have a multi-store operation that wants to use QuickBooks they'll have to implement QuickBooks at the store level - not at HeadQuarters. You may potentially have a Great Plains prospect though. Let me know if you need a referral to a good Great Plains partner. -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:uIUAWcSYFHA.266...

Deleting Reports in 1.2
I once received a toolkit to delete reports for the 1.0 system, and it worked fine. But now after upgrading to 1.2, I can't seem to delete reports using this same utility. Anyone know if there is a new tool we need to get for 1.2? thx, Gary Hi Gary, CRM 1.2 uses Crystal 9, not 8.5. Maybe you need a new tool. I'm deleting/updating/adding reports on CRM 1.2 in a few days, so if you don't find an answer, I'll post more info as I find out what's needed. Mike "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message news:%23x%23mPvE4DHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

syncing with phone #2
How do i get my contacts and calendar from my exisiting phone onto a new computer with outlook? My computer says I am sucessfully syncing, but no info is being added to outlook except e-mail. The settings are set for calendar and contacts to sync as well as e-mail. Thank you! What are your sync settings in ActiveSync? Do you have it set for a 2 way sync or not? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, G...

Remove SDK from VS2008?
Hello all, I have installed various SDKs generated by Platform Builder 5 and 6. I can see these in VS2008 in the Configurations. But I don't see them in Add/Remove Programs. Does this mean I already uninstalled them and forgot!? :) Thanks. On 1/13/2010 8:06 AM, Aaron Lawrence wrote: > Hello all, > > I have installed various SDKs generated by Platform Builder 5 and 6. I > can see these in VS2008 in the Configurations. > But I don't see them in Add/Remove Programs. > Does this mean I already uninstalled them and forgot!? :) It may be (installing and...

date stamp #2
I am a new user to excel and would like to know how I put a stamp in the corner of my workbook that says the file that it is under. Ex h:\xw\... Also would this change if I change the file it is in. Thankyou Jessica ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))) Note that the file must be saved for this to work. In article <jdorion.vgeay@excelforum-nospam.co...

camera Integration
Hello all, Can i integrate Camera software with RMS which should inform me from a central location what is going on in my chain of stores so that user do not think this is "Free Money". Any Suggestions? ...

blocking senders #2
I'm considering switching to Outlook (Office XP) from OE for my e-mail. OE had an option of blocking senders based on their domain, but I can't find that in Outlook. The only thing Outlook gives me is the option of blocking by the display name or address. For example I want to be able to block everything from @internet.ch not just oiurwfgohgrh@internet.ch (or better yet everything from .ch). I can't even find a way to make outlook display the senders real address instead of a name or how to find the full header, properties & source of a message. -- Bill Mitchell To block a...

Rules and Alerts #2
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server. When I attempt to open "Rules and Alerts", the dialog box flashes briefly on the screen and then disapears. I was able to open Rules and Alerts in the past. I have not notices any problems wiht any other Outlook item. Can you open it succesfully from another computer? If not your rules might became corrupted. Start Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to remove all the rules. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &...

Text boxes
Hi Does anyone know if Publsiher 2007 can do rounded corners on text boxes please? Serif Page Plus 11 can but........ Thanks AVB Or simply put a rounded rectangle around the text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CyberTaz" <typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet> wrote in message news:ODNS%23itoHHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > You can't change the shape of an existing text box, but you can right-click > [just about] any AutoShape & choose Add Text from the contextual menu. IOW, > you ...

Journal Entry Integration in GP10
I have set up GL Journal Entry Integration for GP 10 - I have the GL Header grouping by Date and Source Document. I have a script to concatenate the the account number; script for the debit and credit amount - when i compile - no errors. I also have a script to rename and delete the batch The integration says it runs with no errors creating 4 journal entries (that is the correct #) - but when i go into GP - each entry is empty. I am also not getting prompted to delete my batch. I have the same integration setup at another customer on GP9.0 that works just fine. HELP! Andrea, Some s...

SUMPRODUCT Formula Not Calculating with 2 criteria
Each of these calculate correcting when by themselves. =SUMPRODUCT(--(DataOrientMoYr>=DATE(2009,7,1))) =SUMPRODUCT(--(DataTime="First day of employment (Time 1)")) =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(DataOrientMoYr,"m/d/yyyy")>="7/1/2009) But, when I combine together, I get a #Value! error. =SUMPRODUCT(--(DataTime="First day of employment (Time 1)"),--(TEXT(DataOrientMoYr,"m/d/yyyy")>="7/1/2009")) Does anyone have any suggestions, I am puzzled. Hi Check if both named ranges are the same size, othervise you will get this erro...

Simplify excel formula #2
I was wondering if there is a way to simplify this formula? Thanks =IF(B21="A",VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,4,FALSE),IF(B21="B",VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,5,FALSE),IF(B21="C",VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,6,FALSE),IF(B21="D",VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,7,FALSE),IF(B21="T",VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,8,FALSE),IF(B21="R",VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,9,FALSE),"")))))) Try... =VLOOKUP(A21,'Codes All'!$A$4:$Q$170,MATCH(B21,{&q...

Outlook 2003 calendaring problem, cached mode with 2 mailboxes
Two mailboxes in cached mode. First box: personal mailbox. Secondary box: Functional mailbox User has full acces on secondary box. User accepts meeting request in secondary mailbox calendar. He is not an attendee but the meeting shows up in his personal calendar(first box) and in the secondary (functional box). -- Marcel How does this user have access to the second mailbox? Opened in his profile? Opened as an additional mailbox? What permissions does he have on the secondary mailbox? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussi...

A Brief Video on Item Import To HQ and SO (2.0)
If you have been looking for an Addon to handle your Item import requirements for HQ and SO take a look at this short video. Import new items both Matrix and Standard and/or update existing items. http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/import.html Other videos of interest. Rental http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/rentme.html Loyalty http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/loyalty.html Reverse Lookup http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/reverselookup.html Please contact us with any questions. Regards Ian McLean RMS sales@retail-pos.com ...

Favorites #2
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003. Why can't I display the Favorites tab as before ... ? There is Add to Favorites and Organize Favorites, but no Favorites.. Thanks Under Toolbars | Customize look for the Menu Bar group. You'll find Favorites in there, which you can add to your Menu bar if you like. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Bill" <wsherman31@comcast.net> wrote in mess...

Integration with FoodTrac??
Hello, I have a customer who is interested in integrating Great Plains with FoodTrac. Does anyone know of anyone who can do this or an ISV who has done this? Thanks! Lisa We have done POS integration before. If you are interested email us. sales@polyasia.com.ph "Lisa D." wrote: > Hello, > > I have a customer who is interested in integrating Great Plains with > FoodTrac. Does anyone know of anyone who can do this or an ISV who has done > this? > > Thanks! > > Lisa ...

Not Enough Memory #2
Hi I am using Office 97 in my new Window XP PC (P4, 256 MB RAM) and getting "Not Enough Memory" error message, if I try to save excel file (not all times). Why I am getting this error and how to avoid it Advance thanks Regards Balaji Viswanath. Hi Balaji, Complementing Byte's post, use this page which I use a lot : http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm mik "Balaji Viswanath" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7C2446A-5172-40D6-88DD-7D5111097DB9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am using Office 97 in my ne...

Problems with Outlook Integration
Was using V1.0 with sample data with no problem, just went through a very painless 1.2 "upgrade". It was more of an uninstall and re-install. Infact i reinstalled everything except the sample data which would not allow an uninstall unless CRM was completely removed from the system. Anyhow, the event logs are fine, the web interface works great but when I attach my 2000,XP,or2K3 clients with Outlook for CRM installed I get Script error processing messages. More specifically the error message states: An error has occured in the script in this page Line: 25 Char: 1 Error: Object Expir...

Sequential Numbers #2
Hi I have got the code for sequential numbers from McGimpsey's website. Is there a code, that the numbers restart on every change in month. Thanks SAS -- abcdexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ abcdexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30021 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501060 You could add some code to test whether the date is the 1st and reset to one, but is it possible that the workbook is opened more than once in a day? BTW, which version are u using,...