SDI: Switching between main SDI app windows

I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and
large font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI application
window. This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl, and
a CRichEditCtrl.

When I use the form editor to lay out the main SDI app window, I'm now
using Arial 8. If I change the Properties for the entire window to
something larger (like  Arial 10 or 14), then all the controls have
the font-size increased, and the controls themselves get bigger.

This seems like an easier approach than changing the font size for
each control, and figuring out the sizing for the group-box.
Everything seems to auto-magically resize correctly with that simple
change.

Is there a way to programmatically do the equivalent of changing the
overall font size for the entire window?

If not, is it appropriate to define two separate DIALOGEX and somehow
switch between them? They would be the same except the line for:
FONT 10, "Arial" . With this approach, how do you switch from one
DIALOGEX to another while the app is running?  The specification of
which DIALOGEX seems to happen in the InitInstance function.

IDD_INVERSE_FORM DIALOGEX 0, 0, 340, 180
STYLE WS_CHILD
// FONT 8, "Arial"
FONT 10, "Arial"
// FONT 14, "Arial"
BEGIN
    GROUPBOX        "Recite Category",IDC_FREQ_GROUPBOX,0,1,62,75,0,0,
    GROUPBOX        "Progress",IDC_PROGRESS_GROUPBOX,63,1,56,75
    CONTROL         "Daily/Most Frequently",IDC_FREQ,"Button",
                    BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON | BS_MULTILINE | WS_GROUP |
                    WS_TABSTOP,1,11,55,18,0
   ... more radio buttons and other controls

END

Also, is there a way to make the font for the menu-items and the font
for the Title-Bar be larger with MFC or API function calls?

0
l_d_allan (35)
10/23/2007 4:59:12 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Couldn't your users do this using the build in Windows fonts to make them
larger?

That said, you can change the size of the fonts for the controls by just
assigning a font at runtime.  I believe you would do this in OnInitDialog().
I've never tried changing it for the whole dialog before, but it is a CWnd
so it would be easy enough to try it.

Tom

"Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and large
>font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI application window.
>This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl, and a
>CRichEditCtrl.
>
> When I use the form editor to lay out the main SDI app window, I'm now
> using Arial 8. If I change the Properties for the entire window to
> something larger (like  Arial 10 or 14), then all the controls have the
> font-size increased, and the controls themselves get bigger.
>
> This seems like an easier approach than changing the font size for each
> control, and figuring out the sizing for the group-box. Everything seems
> to auto-magically resize correctly with that simple change.
>
> Is there a way to programmatically do the equivalent of changing the
> overall font size for the entire window?
>
> If not, is it appropriate to define two separate DIALOGEX and somehow
> switch between them? They would be the same except the line for:
> FONT 10, "Arial" . With this approach, how do you switch from one DIALOGEX
> to another while the app is running?  The specification of which DIALOGEX
> seems to happen in the InitInstance function.
>
> IDD_INVERSE_FORM DIALOGEX 0, 0, 340, 180
> STYLE WS_CHILD
> // FONT 8, "Arial"
> FONT 10, "Arial"
> // FONT 14, "Arial"
> BEGIN
>    GROUPBOX        "Recite Category",IDC_FREQ_GROUPBOX,0,1,62,75,0,0,
>    GROUPBOX        "Progress",IDC_PROGRESS_GROUPBOX,63,1,56,75
>    CONTROL         "Daily/Most Frequently",IDC_FREQ,"Button",
>                    BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON | BS_MULTILINE | WS_GROUP |
>                    WS_TABSTOP,1,11,55,18,0
>   ... more radio buttons and other controls

> END
>
> Also, is there a way to make the font for the menu-items and the font for
> the Title-Bar be larger with MFC or API function calls?

0
tserface (3860)
10/24/2007 1:08:16 AM
You could also create a single dialog template, and load the template explicitly.  You can
then instantiate the dialog after modifying the template. To do this, you would calll
CDialog::CreateIndirect on the modified template.  This would involve a bit of study to
see where to intercept the creation, but it might be a simpler approach than trying to
keep two different templates up-to-date.
					joe

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:59:12 -0600, "Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and
>large font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI application
>window. This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl, and
>a CRichEditCtrl.
>
>When I use the form editor to lay out the main SDI app window, I'm now
>using Arial 8. If I change the Properties for the entire window to
>something larger (like  Arial 10 or 14), then all the controls have
>the font-size increased, and the controls themselves get bigger.
>
>This seems like an easier approach than changing the font size for
>each control, and figuring out the sizing for the group-box.
>Everything seems to auto-magically resize correctly with that simple
>change.
>
>Is there a way to programmatically do the equivalent of changing the
>overall font size for the entire window?
>
>If not, is it appropriate to define two separate DIALOGEX and somehow
>switch between them? They would be the same except the line for:
>FONT 10, "Arial" . With this approach, how do you switch from one
>DIALOGEX to another while the app is running?  The specification of
>which DIALOGEX seems to happen in the InitInstance function.
>
>IDD_INVERSE_FORM DIALOGEX 0, 0, 340, 180
>STYLE WS_CHILD
>// FONT 8, "Arial"
>FONT 10, "Arial"
>// FONT 14, "Arial"
>BEGIN
>    GROUPBOX        "Recite Category",IDC_FREQ_GROUPBOX,0,1,62,75,0,0,
>    GROUPBOX        "Progress",IDC_PROGRESS_GROUPBOX,63,1,56,75
>    CONTROL         "Daily/Most Frequently",IDC_FREQ,"Button",
>                    BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON | BS_MULTILINE | WS_GROUP |
>                    WS_TABSTOP,1,11,55,18,0
>   ... more radio buttons and other controls

>END
>
>Also, is there a way to make the font for the menu-items and the font
>for the Title-Bar be larger with MFC or API function calls?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
10/25/2007 12:04:31 AM
>That said, you can change the size of the fonts for the controls by just
>assigning a font at runtime.  I believe you would do this in OnInitDialog().
>I've never tried changing it for the whole dialog before, but it is a CWnd
>so it would be easy enough to try it.

I've just tried this - you can change all the control's fonts, but the
controls and their positions don't alter - so it's a mess.

The optimal place to affect this in an MFC SDI CFormView would appear
to be in CWnd::CreateDlgIndirect. The code there gets the dialog
template font name/size, and by botching the size there in the
debugger the whole form will resize nicely (as though you'd changed
the dialog template directly). Unfortunately that method isn't virtual
so it's not easy to do in practice. However, the code in there may be
re-usable and from the PreCreateDialog method. I've not tried it
though.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/25/2007 8:46:32 PM
I was almost on the right track.

Have a look here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=709209&SiteID=1

Modify the GetDisplayFont code to set the font/size you want and that
should work - it has for me in a test.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/25/2007 8:59:26 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not able to access the link you sent ... I've tried several days.
Appears related to the article title:
A cool trick to give the Vista UI Font to all your MFC CDialogs ...

I'll try again from another computer and for another few days. Can you
post the "gist" of it (with source code if available) ... or sent it
to me "offline".

Thanks again,
Lynn

"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
>I was almost on the right track.
>
> Have a look here:
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=709209&SiteID=1
>
> Modify the GetDisplayFont code to set the font/size you want and
> that
> should work - it has for me in a test.
>
> Dave

0
l_d_allan (35)
10/27/2007 10:09:21 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll investigate the approach suggested by
David Lowndes first and if that doesn't seem viable, do the "bit of
study" you mention.(the msdn link he mentioned has been down for
several days ... at least I haven't been able to access it)

> You could also create a single dialog template, and load the
> template explicitly.  You can
> then instantiate the dialog after modifying the template. To do
> this, you would calll
> CDialog::CreateIndirect on the modified template.  This would
> involve a bit of study to
> see where to intercept the creation, but it might be a simpler
> approach than trying to
> keep two different templates up-to-date.
> joe
>
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:59:12 -0600, "Lynn Allan"
> <l_d_allan@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and
>>large font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI
>>application
>>window. This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl,
>>and
>>a CRichEditCtrl.

0
l_d_allan (35)
10/27/2007 10:41:18 AM
>I'm not able to access the link you sent ... I've tried several days.

It works for me Lynn, though it forced me through the passport (aka
Live ID) signon to see it.

>Appears related to the article title:
>A cool trick to give the Vista UI Font to all your MFC CDialogs ...

Yep that's it.

>I'll try again from another computer and for another few days. Can you
>post the "gist" of it (with source code if available) ... or sent it
>to me "offline".

Here it is. Originally posted by "Ted:

Windows Vista has a new standard user interface font, Segoe UI 9
point, which is not given to you by the operating system when creating
a dialog with MS Shell Dlg. Ideally you would like to have your MFC
dialogs look modern when running on Windows Vista. That means changing
all your fonts to Segoe UI 9 point and/or having separate resources
for Vista if you want to work well on all platforms. Instead, there's
a cool trick you can use to avoid all that hassle.

The great thing about this solution is that you need not create a new
CDialog derived class. In fact the only code changes necessary are
those in your application's InitInstance function.

1) In the same file as your application's InitInstance function (just
above InitInstance) insert the following code:

#include <afxpriv.h>
#if _MSC_VER < 1300
#include <..\src\occimpl.h>
#else
#include "afxocc.h"
#endif

class CFontOccManager : public COccManager
{
public:
    CFontOccManager() { }

 virtual const DLGTEMPLATE* PreCreateDialog(_AFX_OCC_DIALOG_INFO*
pOccDialogInfo,
  const DLGTEMPLATE* pOrigTemplate);
};

void GetDisplayFont(LOGFONT &lf, WORD & wDefSize)
{
 NONCLIENTMETRICS ncm;
 ncm.cbSize = sizeof(NONCLIENTMETRICS);
 SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETNONCLIENTMETRICS,
sizeof(NONCLIENTMETRICS), &ncm, 0);
 lf = ncm.lfMessageFont;

 HDC hDC = ::GetDC(NULL);
 if (lf.lfHeight < 0)
  lf.lfHeight = -lf.lfHeight;
 wDefSize = (WORD)MulDiv(lf.lfHeight, 72, GetDeviceCaps(hDC,
LOGPIXELSY));
 ::ReleaseDC(NULL, hDC);
}

const DLGTEMPLATE*
CFontOccManager::PreCreateDialog(_AFX_OCC_DIALOG_INFO* pOccDialogInfo,
 const DLGTEMPLATE* pOrigTemplate)
{
 const DLGTEMPLATE *lpNewTemplate = COccManager::PreCreateDialog
(pOccDialogInfo, pOrigTemplate);

 if ((BYTE)GetVersion() >= 6 && !pOccDialogInfo->m_pNewTemplate) {

  CDialogTemplate temp(lpNewTemplate);
  LOGFONT lf;
  WORD wDefSize = 0;
  GetDisplayFont( lf, wDefSize );
  temp.SetFont(lf.lfFaceName, wDefSize);

  pOccDialogInfo->m_pNewTemplate = (DLGTEMPLATE*) temp.Detach();
  return pOccDialogInfo->m_pNewTemplate;
 }
 else
  return lpNewTemplate;
}

2) In your InitInstance() function, change:

AfxEnableControlContainer();

to:

AfxEnableControlContainer(new CFontOccManager());

 (If you don't have a call to AfxEnableControlContainer already, just
add it as above)

That's it. Now your all your dialogs will use Segoe UI 9 point font
when running under Windows Vista, and will continue to use your
existing font under other platforms.

CPropertySheets/CPropertyPages are a bit more work, however I'll leave
that for another day (I posted some hints in the Vista UI Development
forum)

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/27/2007 10:42:51 AM
David,

I obtained the code, and was able to integrate it with vc6 and vc7.1
projects. Compiles and link ok, but I don't see how to get it to do
anything.

I'm being slow here, but what next?

My thinking is to have "View" menu-items for Small-Font, Medium-Font,
Large-Font.

I put them in the App, but now I'm stumped.

Do I somehow over-ride the CInVerseView::PreCreateDialog handler? How
do I dynamically switch while the app is running? If the end-user
wants to switch Font-Size, do I need to close the app and reopen with
different parameters to the PreCreateDialog handler ... perhaps saved
to the registry for persistence?

I looked at the afxocc.h file and the COccManager documentation, but
wasn't able to see how to proceed.

THANKS! for your help on this. It seems like it could be a very nice
solution to what I want to be able to do.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

void CInVerseApp::OnViewSmallFont()
{
  CFontOccManager occMgr;
  occMgr.PreCreateDialog(????????)?
}
void CInVerseApp::OnViewMediumFont()
{
// TODO: Add your command handler code here
}

> >I'm not able to access the link you sent ... I've tried several
> >days.
>
> It works for me Lynn, though it forced me through the passport (aka
> Live ID) signon to see it.
>
>>Appears related to the article title:
>>A cool trick to give the Vista UI Font to all your MFC CDialogs ...

0
l_d_allan (35)
10/27/2007 1:41:13 PM
"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
>>Appears related to the article title:
>>A cool trick to give the Vista UI Font to all your MFC CDialogs ...
>
> Yep that's it.
>
>>I'll try again from another computer and for another few days. Can you
>>post the "gist" of it (with source code if available) ... or sent it
>>to me "offline".
>
> Here it is. Originally posted by "Ted:
>
> Windows Vista has a new standard user interface font, Segoe UI 9
> point, which is not given to you by the operating system when creating
> a dialog with MS Shell Dlg. Ideally you would like to have your MFC
> dialogs look modern when running on Windows Vista. That means changing
> all your fonts to Segoe UI 9 point and/or having separate resources
> for Vista if you want to work well on all platforms. Instead, there's
> a cool trick you can use to avoid all that hassle.

[... great way to do this snipped ...]

But I think David W. posted that if you layout your dialogs with Segoe UI 9
in mind, they won't look right on XP or previous due to the default font
being 10 point and not 9 point?

Thanks,
David

0
dc2983 (3206)
10/27/2007 2:59:48 PM
>I'm being slow here, but what next?

Lynn,

I think you may be hoping for more than that code can do.

That code's GetDisplayFont function gets invoked when a CFormView is
created. You can modify that function (to do something other than what
it does now for Vista font use) to use different font/sizes so that
newly created views would have different fonts. I thought that was
what you needed from your initial post - rather than be able to do it
on the fly.

You could possibly still use that method if you can work out how to
delete the view and re-create it. As it stands, it'll only apply to
newly created views.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
10/27/2007 4:56:36 PM
>But I think David W. posted that if you layout your dialogs with Segoe UI 9
>in mind, they won't look right on XP or previous due to the default font
>being 10 point and not 9 point?

Hi David.

I'm assuming the font selection that's currently in the GetDisplayFont
function would be totally different. I just presented the original
code as it was.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)

Installing Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 server?
There are six Exchange 2K servers installed on Windows 2K servers in our org., we're considering to upgrade the main server which hosts the most number of user and OWA into Exchange 2003, is it even possible? Will there be any downside except compatibility that I should look into? Exchange 2000 & 2003 can live perfectly in peace & harmony with each other - no issues as such. Just make sure to upgrade any Exchange 2000 front-ends first. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "achen" <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1127776805....

Windows XP Multilanguage Pack
Hi, I have an issue with my language with operating system Win Xp Sp2. Suddenly all the menu are become in English. So i inserted my CD about Mui but after agreeing the tab license i saw a list of country but Italian doesn't appear. Please support me to resolve this issue Regards Cristina ...

Maximized SDI
Hi Gurus, I'm building an MFC SDI App that I want initially maximized. I've got it maximized in the PreCreateWindow(...) in the MainFrame but it's not exactly the type of maximize I want. You see, I'm building a kiosk type app that I need to have maximized to the point where it cannot be moved or resized, just like clicking the Maximize Button on top right of the window. I've already tried using WS_MAXIMIZE in the CREATESTRUCT and SW_MAXIMIZED in ShowWindow(...) but it still allows you to move the window by dragging the title bar. Once you've dragged it enough to see ...

Dragdrop from app to CD-RW in XP
My application has files/folders dragdrop functionality similar to Windows Explorer. The only problem is that if the drag starts from my application and if I drop on the CD-RW dive in XP ( with CD writing enabled) , nothing happens. But if I start dragging from Windows Explorer and drop in my application on the CD-RW, then they are copied for writing to the CD. In other words , the CD-RW drive takes action on a drop, only if the drag originated from Windows Explorer. I think that might be because the shell stores information about the dragged files/folders in various clipformats, but ...

Attaching CFrameWnd object to existing non-MFC window
Hello! I need to attach CFrameWnd-derived object to existing non-MFC window. The window has quite complex a window procedure. My CFrameWnd-derived object has its own MFC message map which I need to use. So the question is now how to combine the window procedures of both CFrameWnd-derived class and the original window. I subclassed the original non-MFC window, and overloaded the DefWindowProc with sth like: LRESULT CMainFrame::DefWindowProc( UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam ) { if(m_pfnSuper && m_hWnd) { return(( WNDPROC(m_pfnSuper))(m_hWnd,message,wParam,l...

Windows Mail
I have three hundred emails coming in , it downloads eighty eight of them and then stops and don't do anymore.. Whats wrong with the email. send answer to bluebirdsky2@yahoo.com...........haven't been able to get email for several days...Thank you sooooooooo much... for any help you can give me.... -- Nancyjean E-mail #49 is probably corrupt or very large. Log on to your Webmail account and delete that message there. Also, uncheck: Check for messages every X minutes in Tools | Options | General until you have them downloaded. -- Bruce Hagen MS-...

Help with main/child links
I have a form based on a table tblmonth and a subform based on a table tblmainirish. They are linked on txtmonth.tblmonth from my main form and txtmonth.tblmainirish on my sub form. Both are based on date fields. However if I input a value into txtmonth.tblmonth on my main form, the value which shows in the linked field on the sub form is the value for the first record of tblmonth not the one I've input. I've never come across this before can someone explain what's happening here? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used t...

Application conflict w/Windows Installer
Hello All, We recently had a machine that had Windows reinstalled (XP Pro, SP3). It was done from an SP3 CD. All applications then reinstalled fine except one (Sage Timberline Office). The error said that Windows Installer was configured incorrectly. It would appear that this application is incompatible with the version of installer in SP3. I'm looking for a way to roll the version of Windows Installer back to 3.01. I don't see SP3 in the Add/Remove Programs dialogue box (Show Updates is checked). I imagine I can get it to work by doing another Windows reinstall f...

large number of sql server processes with vb6/ado app
I have to maintain a rather large vb6 app using ado and the standard sql client to connect to 2005/2008 database. The application opens an ADO connection from a 'menu' .exe, then the connection is passed to a number of activex dlls making up the bulk of the application. When the menu closes, the connection is closed. I've noticed that each time the app is run, there are a number of sql server processes for each instance, say 10-20 processes.. mostly in the sleeping/AWAITIN COMMAND state. Is this normal? That depends totally on your app. SQL Server does not make new...

Transfer Money 2004 data from Windows XP to Vista?
Hi, I am trying to get the data from my old laptop (MS Money 2004 on Windows XP) to my new computer running Vista. When I try to import the backup file on my new compuer, I get an error stating "Corrupt file". Do I need to download a software patch? Where can I get it? (note, all I did was load my original Money 2004 disk on my new computer) Thanks Tim All you need to do is copy your .mny file to the new PC (put it in a folder in the Documents tree). Navigate to that place and double click on the .mny file name. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial F...

Switched Toolbar in a MFC/SDI-Prog
Hi, I am looking for a example about switching a user defined toolbar in a MFC/SDI (VC++ 6.0) program. Description: In the left window i have a navigation list and in the right window the switched input form. Every time the right window is switched also the toolbar should be switched. Thanks for answers, or better a example with comments. Hans Switching toolbar simply means hiding one and showing another one. Use CFrameWnd::ShowControlBar to show/hide a toolbar. Keep in mind that when you hide a toolbar that is docked, the client area will adjust and then when you show another one dock...

MFC windows for a player
I am writing a media player using MFC. I would like to have the style of WMP/Realplayer/QuickTime player which consist of three components: A application windows with menu A display windows A control panel with buttons Could someone suggest what MFC windows class (and architecture) should I use for this situation? Thanks. I am cursious as why not simply host the media player in your app instead of developing it? --------------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Leesei" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<#77PmIhmEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > ...

Windows Key filtering
Hi, I would like to ask how to find out, when the Hot Windows Key - the key with Windows logo - has been pressed. I would like to precess this event before the start menu will pop up. Thanks, Lubomir Are these the ones you're looking for: VK_LWIN (5B) Left Windows key (Microsoft Natural keyboard) VK_RWIN (5C) Right Windows key (Natural keyboard) VK_APPS (5D) Applications key (Natural keyboard) http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/VirtualKeyCodes.asp Tom "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.c...

Server Error in '/' App. after Installation of Business Portal 2.5
Some shared web part (eg. Key Information, Quick Links...) cannot be displayed, while other shared web part (Company News) can do. And here's the message. What would be the solutions? Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested Url: /BusinessPortal/executable/centertasks.aspx Alexis, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen similar error messages because the BusinessPortal v...

Switch Language for fields.
Hi, I am working on an English Document in an English version of Office on a German PC. My citations use S. instead of p. for pages in citations. How can I change that? Regards In the "Edit Source" dialog, there is a Language dropdown list at the top right corner where you can set your source's language. The available choices depend on your settings. Also, right click on a citation or bibliography field and select "Edit Field...". You will see a format string containing \l followed by a 4 digit number. The latter is the locale used to represent yo...

Outlook 97 slow to switch between messages and inbox
My boss has asked me to look at a system problem he has. Since getting a new Dell Latitude running XP Pro, he has a problem in Outlook 97 where when switching between a mail message and back to his Inbox and vice versa, there is a 10 second or so delay. It is Outlook 97 SR2 (although I may re-apply this) and only Win XP SP1 with no firewall on the LAN connection (so that is not the problem). Yes, we are a little(!) behind the times running Office 97 - we are licensed for Outlook 2000, so may install this in the hope it will cure his problem. But any other suggestions would be much appreciate...

Install Exchange 5.5 admin on Windows 2003 Server
Folks, I have the need to install the admin tools on a citrix farm running Windows 2003 Standard Server. The installation doesn't run; as it complains about the OS version. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to get just the admin tool to install? Thanks, /jb ...

window xp updated
window xp sp3 update keeps (remind) installing kb977914 ---follow instruction from updated remind, install, and after that, the reminding message comes up again------- thanks for your help. -- computer newbie Same problem here. Also KB975560 is reinstalled over and over again. you might research those kb's at microsoft.com then update you question with more information. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - ...

Windows 7, explorer 8 change from 64 to 32 bit to allow flash play
Can anyone help, all I am getting are messages that state adobe flash player is not compatable with 64 bit change your browser to 32 bit. I go to the exporer site and it tells me I already have explorer 8 downloaded and when i check the available downloads none are for Windows 7. I've checked programme files and unlike explorer 7 there is not a 32 & 64 bit download Internet Explorer 8 should have come with Windows 7 (supposedly preinstalled). If it is preinstalled, check the following location for the 32-bit version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.e...

Main Form with Subforms
I am creating a form with the main form at the top - data comes from a specific query within the database so that I am able to sort and place filters within the query to get the data I want, the main record source is Project ID.. The first subform is side by side with the second subform. The 1st has data that comes from a table within the database, and the child link key is the project number that links to the master project ID. The second subform again comes from a different table within the database, the child is project Number, to Master of Project ID. The idea is the ...

Font Alterations in Outlook 7 on Windows 7
OK - here's the symptom. Some messages I receive in outlook come to me with Greek symbols and other arbitrary characters. Although I can read these messages, if I respond, the response goes to the sender in a symbols font. If that person sends back to me, I see the reply and my message in the altered font. When I originate messages, all is good but the replies can be the 'Greek' type font with added graves, exclamation points, etc. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks Please verify what version of Outlook you're using. There is an Outlook 2007 but not Outlo...

open another form as SDI
Hi, I have a SDI application without doc/view MFC (so simple application). In my resource file, i have a form issue from FormView Class with some controls on it. Clicking on my menu item, i would like to display this form (in my resource file) inside my SDI mainframe application. How can i do this ? I tried to created a Class and to allocated it the same ID as my form in resource but i have a message error while compiling. thanks a lot, maileen You have to replace the View you have with another view. The way to do that is with the code shown below. Put the code in MainFrame. Add ID...

Windows XP and the Large Fonts Setting
Hi all: Many moons ago, back in the days of 95/NT, I was badly bitten by the large font thing, and learned to be very careful to do all my dialog window/control manipulations in dialog units. After I did this, my dialogs would display correctly when the user selected Large Fonts. Recently, working on an XP machine, I have doing a major reworking of this app, and today I decided to test it using the Large (and Extra large) font setting. I was surprised to find that, although the caption and menu fonts increased in size, and the MessageBox's, the dialog fonts (and therefore the dial...

Programmatically Minimizing my App?
Hi, How can I programmatically Minimizing my App? Thanks, Scott Metzger Try ::ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_SHOWMINIMIZED /* or SW_FORCEMINIMIZE in W2K & XP */ ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Scott Metzger" <NOSPAMScott.Metzger@york.com> wrote in message news:3F621CDB.2060406@york.com... > Hi, > > How can I programmatically Minimizing my App? > > Thanks, > Scott Metzger > ...

E-mailing a worksheet from a workbook using Windows Mail
I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007 Home and Student. In my old version I could e-mail a single work sheet out of a workbook with my windows mail. Now after upgrading, when I go to mail a single worksheet, the whole workbook is attached to an e-mail instead of a single work sheet. Could anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Hi See this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/notinribbon.htm It is this command Send to Mail Recipient -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "sparks41" <sparks41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99...