Runtime Error 2

I am porting loads of old code (VC6) into our application at the moment. One
class I have brought over is a dialog to allow users to change calendars for
people (Resources). The code has come over OK, with just 1 or 2 minor tweaks
so that it fits in with my app, but when running, I get "Run-Time Check
Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'boldDays' was corrupted" (code is
below)

I have read about this on the web and it seems that the common theme is that
code was brought from VC6 to a newer VS. Another theme is the bool
variable - at least one other post involved a bool. All of the posts I have
read failed to find a solution, but I know you are all way ahead of the
other groups I have read through. HELP!! Please feel free to snip the
following in any replies, but here is the method causing the problem (a
CDialog derived class):

void dlgResourceCalendar::OnGetdaystateCalendar1(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT*
pResult)
{
//
// Load holidays from the database to the calendar control...
//
 if (!m_calendar1) // too soon to access the dialog controls
  return;

 #define BOLDDAY(ds,iDay) if(iDay>0 && iDay<32)\
        (ds)|=(0x00000001<<(iDay-1))

 #define lpnmDS ((NMDAYSTATE *)pNMHDR)
 #define MAX_MONTHS 12

 MONTHDAYSTATE mds[MAX_MONTHS];

 int iMax = lpnmDS->cDayState;

 for(int i=0;i<iMax;i++)
  mds[i] = (MONTHDAYSTATE)0;

 // set the days bold on the calendar control
 SYSTEMTIME timeFrom;
 SYSTEMTIME timeUntil;

 GetLocalTime(&timeFrom);

 int year = timeFrom.wYear;
 int month = timeFrom.wMonth - 1;

 m_calendar1.GetMonthRange(&timeFrom, &timeUntil, GMR_DAYSTATE);
 year = timeFrom.wYear;
 month = timeFrom.wMonth;
 // Find the first FULL visible year and month.
 int index((timeFrom.wDay == 1) ? 0 : 1);
 month += index;

 // How many days are there in this month?...
 while (month > 12)
 {
  year++;
  month -= 12;
 }
 CTime t1(year, month, 1,0,0,0);
 CTime t2;
 if (month+1 == 13)
  t2 = CTime(year+1, 1, 1,0,0,0);
 else
  t2 = CTime(year, month+1, 1,0,0,0);
 CTimeSpan thisMonthSpan = t2 - t1;

 // Figure out which dates to show as bold for this month
 // based on the dates that are stored in the database plus
 // any new holidays created in this session, minus any old
 // holidays removed in this session...
 bool boldDays[31];
 for (int i=0; i<=31; i++)
  boldDays[i] = false;

 CUIntArray storedHols;
 Resource resource(m_resID);
 resource.listHolidayDatesForMonth(&storedHols, year, month);

 // make the stored holiday dates bold
 for (int i=0; i<storedHols.GetSize(); i++)
 {
  boldDays[storedHols.GetAt(i)] = true;
 }
 // make the temporary, new holiday dates bold
 for (int i=0; i<m_tmpHolsToAdd.GetSize(); i++)
 {
  COleDateTime today = m_tmpHolsToAdd.GetAt(i);
  if (today.GetMonth() == month && today.GetYear() == year)
   boldDays[m_tmpHolsToAdd.GetAt(i).GetDay()] = true;
 }
 // make the temporary, holiday dates to remove NOT bold
 for (int i=0; i<m_tmpHolsToRemove.GetSize(); i++)
 {
  COleDateTime today = m_tmpHolsToRemove.GetAt(i);
  if (today.GetMonth() == month && today.GetYear() == year)
   boldDays[today.GetDay()] = false;
 }

 // Now mark the resulting set of bold days on the calendar and
  // mark the non-working days as bold in the same loop...
 for (int i=1; i<=thisMonthSpan.GetDays(); i++)
 {
  CTime today(year, month, i, 0,0,0);
  if (!workingDay[(Weekday)(today.GetDayOfWeek()-1)]) BOLDDAY(mds[1], i);
  if (boldDays[i]) BOLDDAY(mds[1], i);
 }

 lpnmDS->prgDayState = mds;

 *pResult = 0;
}

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:38:52 +0100, "GT"
<ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote:

> bool boldDays[31];
> for (int i=0; i<=31; i++)
>  boldDays[i] = false;

Say "Thank you" to new Visual Studio.

You're doing a buffer overrun here:
array is 31 slots, and you can only access slots 0-30,
so the correct loop would be i=0, i < 31; i++
(not i<=31).

Why do you use raw C arrays?
What about std::vector?
It is bounds checked.

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
4/6/2007 10:49:06 AM
GT schrieb:

> I am porting loads of old code (VC6) into our application at the moment. One
> class I have brought over is a dialog to allow users to change calendars for
> people (Resources). The code has come over OK, with just 1 or 2 minor tweaks
> so that it fits in with my app, but when running, I get "Run-Time Check
> Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'boldDays' was corrupted" (code is
> below)

It is hard to understand what your code really does. But I noticed that you use
some local array variables, and that you do not check the array indices on each
access. So there is the possibility of off-by-one errors or array overflows.

I suggest you consider using CArrays or std::vector instead. These classes check
the array bounds on access and generate assertion failures in the debug version,
when they are misused, instead of creating stack corruption.

Norbert

0
nunterberg (207)
4/6/2007 11:10:10 AM
"MrAsm" <mrasm@usa.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:38:52 +0100, "GT"
> <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> bool boldDays[31];
>> for (int i=0; i<=31; i++)
>>  boldDays[i] = false;
>
> Say "Thank you" to new Visual Studio.
>
> You're doing a buffer overrun here:
> array is 31 slots, and you can only access slots 0-30,
> so the correct loop would be i=0, i < 31; i++
> (not i<=31).
>
> Why do you use raw C arrays?
> What about std::vector?
> It is bounds checked.

Another schoolboy error - strange thing is that this code (not written by
me) has been working just fine for years after compiling in VC6! No runtime
errors and no compile warnings! I guess it has basic [] arrays for
simplicity. It only exists locally in this method and is thrown away, so for
speed perhaps.

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:50:06 +0100, "GT"
<ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Another schoolboy error - strange thing is that this code (not written by
>me) has been working just fine for years after compiling in VC6!

Very "lucky" :)

(Or maybe unlucky... I do prefer when errors and bugs come out as soon
as possible, than having them buried in code and go out in strange
hard-to-find ways! :)

>No runtime
>errors and no compile warnings!

Well, from that I take that VS2005 C++ compiler (not the IDE) does a
very good job.

>I guess it has basic [] arrays for
>simplicity. It only exists locally in this method and is thrown away, so for
>speed perhaps.

I think that it is far more important to have robustness than speed.
And I also think that in today PCs speed makes sense only in inner
loops executed millions times for very specific jobs (like graphics
rendering).

I do like Joe's essay title "Optimization: Your Worst Enemy".

http://www.flounder.com/optimization.htm

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
4/6/2007 2:08:11 PM
See below...
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:38:52 +0100, "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am porting loads of old code (VC6) into our application at the moment. One
>class I have brought over is a dialog to allow users to change calendars for
>people (Resources). The code has come over OK, with just 1 or 2 minor tweaks
>so that it fits in with my app, but when running, I get "Run-Time Check
>Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'boldDays' was corrupted" (code is
>below)
****
You most likely have a buffer overrun.  Note that bool is 8 bits and BOOL is 32 bits, and
I've seen this any number of times.  Someone has a BOOL* or BOOL&, assigns a value to it,
then changes it to a bool, and the assignment clobbers 3 nearby bytes.
****

>I have read about this on the web and it seems that the common theme is that
>code was brought from VC6 to a newer VS. Another theme is the bool
>variable - at least one other post involved a bool. All of the posts I have
>read failed to find a solution, but I know you are all way ahead of the
>other groups I have read through. HELP!! Please feel free to snip the
>following in any replies, but here is the method causing the problem (a
>CDialog derived class):
>
>void dlgResourceCalendar::OnGetdaystateCalendar1(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT*
>pResult)
>{
>//
>// Load holidays from the database to the calendar control...
>//
> if (!m_calendar1) // too soon to access the dialog controls
>  return;
****
This sounds like you are creating this on the fly.  Is this really necessary?
****

> #define BOLDDAY(ds,iDay) if(iDay>0 && iDay<32)\
>        (ds)|=(0x00000001<<(iDay-1))
>
> #define lpnmDS ((NMDAYSTATE *)pNMHDR)
> #define MAX_MONTHS 12
>
> MONTHDAYSTATE mds[MAX_MONTHS];
>
> int iMax = lpnmDS->cDayState;
*****
ASSERT(iMax < MAX_MONTHS);

I suspect that this is where the problem is.  It is the only place I see a potential for
buffer overflow.  There is nothing in the specs of NMDAYSTATE that asserts that this value
is limited to 12.  I would have done this as

CArray<MONTHDAYSTATE, MONTHDAYSTATE&> mds;
mds.SetSize(iMax);
*****

> for(int i=0;i<iMax;i++)
>  mds[i] = (MONTHDAYSTATE)0;
****
::ZeroMemory(mds, sizeof(mds)); ?

No matter what the value of iMax, you have a fixed size array.  Unless, as observed above,
iMax can be > 12.  At that point, you are in trouble.  This is why I would have used a
CArray instead of a fixed-size buffer.
****

> // set the days bold on the calendar control
> SYSTEMTIME timeFrom;
> SYSTEMTIME timeUntil;
>
> GetLocalTime(&timeFrom);
>
> int year = timeFrom.wYear;
> int month = timeFrom.wMonth - 1;
>
> m_calendar1.GetMonthRange(&timeFrom, &timeUntil, GMR_DAYSTATE);
> year = timeFrom.wYear;
> month = timeFrom.wMonth;
> // Find the first FULL visible year and month.
> int index((timeFrom.wDay == 1) ? 0 : 1);
> month += index;
>
> // How many days are there in this month?...
> while (month > 12)
> {
>  year++;
>  month -= 12;
> }
> CTime t1(year, month, 1,0,0,0);
> CTime t2;
> if (month+1 == 13)
>  t2 = CTime(year+1, 1, 1,0,0,0);
> else
>  t2 = CTime(year, month+1, 1,0,0,0);
> CTimeSpan thisMonthSpan = t2 - t1;
>
> // Figure out which dates to show as bold for this month
> // based on the dates that are stored in the database plus
> // any new holidays created in this session, minus any old
> // holidays removed in this session...
> bool boldDays[31];
> for (int i=0; i<=31; i++)
>  boldDays[i] = false;
>
> CUIntArray storedHols;
> Resource resource(m_resID);
****
What is a "Resource"?  Where is its declaration?  I can only find one Resource type in the
MSDN, and that deals with clusters.
****
> resource.listHolidayDatesForMonth(&storedHols, year, month);
****
If you are passing in a CUIntArray, why are you using &?  Why not declare the first
parameter as CUIntArray& and just pass in the name?
****

> // make the stored holiday dates bold
> for (int i=0; i<storedHols.GetSize(); i++)
> {
>  boldDays[storedHols.GetAt(i)] = true;
> }
> // make the temporary, new holiday dates bold
> for (int i=0; i<m_tmpHolsToAdd.GetSize(); i++)
> {
>  COleDateTime today = m_tmpHolsToAdd.GetAt(i);
>  if (today.GetMonth() == month && today.GetYear() == year)
>   boldDays[m_tmpHolsToAdd.GetAt(i).GetDay()] = true;
> }
> // make the temporary, holiday dates to remove NOT bold
> for (int i=0; i<m_tmpHolsToRemove.GetSize(); i++)
> {
>  COleDateTime today = m_tmpHolsToRemove.GetAt(i);
>  if (today.GetMonth() == month && today.GetYear() == year)
>   boldDays[today.GetDay()] = false;
> }
>
> // Now mark the resulting set of bold days on the calendar and
>  // mark the non-working days as bold in the same loop...
> for (int i=1; i<=thisMonthSpan.GetDays(); i++)
> {
>  CTime today(year, month, i, 0,0,0);
>  if (!workingDay[(Weekday)(today.GetDayOfWeek()-1)]) BOLDDAY(mds[1], i);
>  if (boldDays[i]) BOLDDAY(mds[1], i);
> }
****
I see nothing here that confuses BOOL and bool as references, so I think you are safe
there.
****

> lpnmDS->prgDayState = mds;
*****
OUCH!  This is where it happens!

This does not assign a copy of the array to the structure; what it does is assign a
POINTER into a STACK object that is about to be deallocated!   So if the calendar logic
manipulates that array, it will clobber the stack.

for(int i = 0; i < iMax; i++)
    lpnmDS->prgDayState[i] = mds[i];
				joe
****

> *pResult = 0;
>}

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)
4/6/2007 3:02:29 PM
Since VS6 didn't check for stack clobbers, you essentially had a bug that clobbered the
stack, and have had it for years; you just didn't notice it.  But you have another bug as
well; see my other reply.
					joe
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:50:06 +0100, "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"MrAsm" <mrasm@usa.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:38:52 +0100, "GT"
>> <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> bool boldDays[31];
>>> for (int i=0; i<=31; i++)
>>>  boldDays[i] = false;
>>
>> Say "Thank you" to new Visual Studio.
>>
>> You're doing a buffer overrun here:
>> array is 31 slots, and you can only access slots 0-30,
>> so the correct loop would be i=0, i < 31; i++
>> (not i<=31).
>>
>> Why do you use raw C arrays?
>> What about std::vector?
>> It is bounds checked.
>
>Another schoolboy error - strange thing is that this code (not written by
>me) has been working just fine for years after compiling in VC6! No runtime
>errors and no compile warnings! I guess it has basic [] arrays for
>simplicity. It only exists locally in this method and is thrown away, so for
>speed perhaps.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)

Listbox Itemdata editable at runtime?
I have a listbox with data populated from a SQL Server 2000 database table. I have a subform that works like editbox for the record selected on the listbox. I am trying to make the listbox values be updated when data is changed and the record is updated from subform. I am doing this in the subform's afterupdate event: Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.Parent.lstORServiceLevelApprovals.ItemData(6, lIndex) = fieldvalue End Sub Here the lIndex is presaved listindex of the listbox in mainform and the fieldvalue is value of the bonded field value on subform same as column 6 of the l...

error on save
i am using publisher 2003 and when i try to save the project i am working on, i am getting an error "cannot create a temporary working file" anyone have any idea what or why this is? thanks. NEVER MIND - I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS. THANKS! "AL" wrote: > i am using publisher 2003 and when i try to save the project i am working on, > i am getting an error "cannot create a temporary working file" anyone have > any idea what or why this is? thanks. Have you looked to see *where* you're saving this file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Out of Office auto reply #2
Doesn't seem like I have the option in my tool bars - account settings to set up an auto reply "out of Office" What to do Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm Don wrote: > Doesn't seem like I have the option in my tool bars - > account settings to set up an auto reply "out of Office" > > What to do Thanks John. Link includes th...

protection error
I have a problem with protection tool in excel. I set protection to worksheet, but it had not applied to whole sheet. Some parts can still be editing. Why protection does not applied to whole worksheet? How can I fix it? Could you help me please? Thanks, The cells on the sheet that can still be edited are probably not "Locked". Select one of those cells and use Format --> Cells and go to the [Protection] tab. If the check box next to "Locked" is empty, it means that the cell may be edited even when the sheet is protected. "Selen" wrot...

Creating ToolBar at runtime
hai I am Working in VC++ and I need to create Toolbars at Run Time but I have no Idea how to Start and where to look into could any one help me -praveen When you create a doc/view application using the wizard, it creates the code which creates a toolbar at run time. I am not sure if thats what you are asking. If you mean that you need to provide the bitmaps and button info at run time, you can do that as well. Take a look at CToolBar class. It has bunch of methods including setting all properties at run time, including image lists, button info etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra...

"Edit List Items" on runtime?
I have some database forms in Access 2007 set up so that when I use a combo box control, a little button shows up at the bottom that says "Edit List Items." When I click this, it opens up the form behind the combo box and lets me add a new item. When I give this form to my coworker using the Access 2007 Runtime though, these Edit List Items buttons don't show up. Is there a way I can make them visible on the runtime? Or an alternative to let them add a new list item? Thanks, Joel ...

can i load bitmap in runtime in MFC?Thanks
I created a Picture control on a dialog and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected BMP to the Picture control? Thanks pcserver wrote: > I created a Picture control on a dialog > and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected > BMP to the Picture control? > > Thanks > > CStatic control is able to show bitmaps. Drop Picture control onto dialog and change its style to bitmap. And with LoadImage function you can load bitmap from file.... look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/transbitma...

Series Posting #2
As I try to use the Transactions => Financial => Series Posting and try to post the batches, i get the following message: A get/change operation on table 'SY_posting_journal_destination' cannot find the table i don't know if this is affecting my database in any way, does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thank You, Fadi Tawakol Fadi, You can try opening SQL Server Management Studio and search for the SY02200 table in your company database. If it's not there, then... it's gone and you will need to recreate it. To recreate the table, go to Microsoft Dyn...

Unusual Chart Type? #2
I am running Excel2000. I wish to create a chart that does not seem t be supported in Excel. The data consists of a table of dates an �states� (let�s call them A, B, C, D and E). One column is dates an the next is states. Dates will be in order. A given date could hav any state. So the first col might be {03-Apr, 04-Apr, 05-Apr, 06-Apr 07-Apr, 08-Apr, �} while the second might be {A,B,D,B,B,E, �}. I wis to plot this data with the state on the Y axis and the date on the axis. I need an X-Y plot, not cols or bars. This is easy if th states are numbers. But I cannot find a way to do t...

runtime error 1004 #2
I'm having this problem with this code when i try to run this in spanish version but no in english version: Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Range(s_range).Copy _ Destination:=Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Range(s_range2) 'validation passed, both ranges are of the same size gf_CopyPasteData =...

inkjet receipt printers for RMS 2.0?
We're currently using laser printers for receipts - read BIG footprint and slooowwww printing. However, copy is super clean! I'd like something smaller and faster. I hate the fading, flimsy thermal paper print solutions, and so I'm considering either the Ithaca or Epson Inkjet receipt printers. Though they aren't as fast as the thermals, they are fast enough for us. Pros? Cons? Anybody use them? Will they work? Nathan Jung ...

options error
Using XP Home - get ""Cannot access directory d:\My Documents" whenever I click on any tab in the Options dialogue box. So I cant change tanything including the default location of files. Also get an error message when Excel tries to autosave. I have removed and reinstalled Office, have installed SP1, started Excel from "Run"using "/safe" - but same happens. Have searched knowledgebase and found no hits for the Options issue, but found 1 for autosave - solution suggested is SP1. have seen 2 similar postings somewhere in this community which is wher I ...

OWA
When user attempts to log off they end up on a page: http://.../exchange/ggdimov/?Cmd=logoff but a message is displayed saying page cannot be displayed - HTTP 500 - Internal server error. How can that be fixed? We have only one exchange 2000 STD server SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4 Thanks George MCP 318239 XCCC: "HTTP 500" Error Message Occurs When You Log Off or You Use http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318239 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------...

DAO error
When I load certain programs (i.e. Roxio Creator 2009, a program to track diabetes data), I get a series of error messages: 1. "Please wait while Windows configures DAO" 2. A dialog box requesting a location to search for the file 3. "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product DAO...." I ahve had MS Access 2005 installed; I also just installed MS Office 2010 (including Access). I got the message during both periods. The Roxio program seems to work OK without the fix, but it's annoying. How can I make it stop? Thanks a heap, -Zz WinXP...

Error while opening spreadsheets
Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error saying that "A Document with the name "name of the Spreadsheet" is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in defferent folders" Pls help me on this as i hv neither any document of the same name nor am i trying to open one. This might be it: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen (From Debra Dalgleish's site) "Bij." wrote: > > Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error > saying that > "A Document with ...

Converting minutes to seconds #2
How do i convert minutes to seconds? 4 Minutes 11 seconds = 251 seconds How do i get excel to do it for me? :confused: Thanks Jame -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27641 How is the data presented? If it always comes as 4 Minutes 11 seconds then you could do this: (supposing A1 contains "4 Minutes 11 seconds ") then in B1 = mid(a1,1,2)*60 + mid(a1,11,2) this wi...

GenerateAuthenticationHeader Error 401 Unauthorized in MSCRM 4.0
var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.primarycontactid.DataValue; var sGUID=lookupItem[0].id; var Url ="http://" + document.domain + ":5555"; var serverUrl = Url + "/MSCrmServices/2007/CrmService.asmx"; var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlnsoap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + GenerateAu...

When comparing +2 to +2
Hi guys, I have a sheet form making a deviation table for a magnetic compass. Column D holds single digit values of deviation. I need not only negative numbers to have a sign, but also the positive ones, like +2. So I have formatted those cells as custom +0;-0;0 wich does the job fine. Furthe into the sheet I have a large grid of 19*36 cells where I want a little x in all cells that are equal to the ones in the D column. It works fine with negative numbers, and with zeros. But not with the positive ones. The formula is simply =IF($D5=S$2;"x";"") and onwards. In this pa...

User profiles (2 users of Outlook)
I am trying to create 2 mail users in Outlook 2000. One mailbox works as it should but the other keeps getting the message 'invalid password or user name'. I try to follow the instructions for creating a user profile but there is no 'services' tab when I open the mail icon and there is no 'mail services' tab when I open Options on the Tools menu. Any suggestions? Thank you for your response. Larry >-----Original Message----- >You must have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode (check >the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook t...

2003 runtime and 2007 runtime on same PC
Hi all I currently have about 100 users using a FE/BE (SQL backend) with 2003 runtime. Another department now want a db and I would like to develop in 2007 and have them used 2007 runtime. Each department will only use their db but a couple of people (directors....) will need to be able to get into both. Will there be the "application install" delay with runtime? Can a pc have both runtime versions installed? Thanks for the help. -- Cheers On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:02:01 -0700, Cadburys <Cadburys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: An A2003 application r...

Socket Error WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT
Hola a todo el mundo.... Mi problema es al crear un socket sobre w2k3, el valor de retorno es WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT. El entorno en el que trabajo es el siguiente: Tengo un LSP registrado en la lista de catalogos de windows, los eventos que manejo son: lpProcTable->lpWSPConnect =3D WSPConnect; lpProcTable->lpWSPAccept =3D WSPAccept; Adem=E1s tengo un servicio que abre un puerto (0x0B50), pero al momento de crear el socket, este retorna WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT, un fragmento del c=F3digo es. ..=2E ..=2E. wVersionRequested =3D MAKEWORD(2, 0); err =3D WSAStartup(wVersionRequested, &am...

Sales for Outlook error (long)
I have installed crm 1.2 using the iso images from my MSDN subscription. Server is set up and working on 2003 Server running SQL 2000, sp3 and hotfix MS03-31. Can access and use crm fine from any machines on the domain via IE, but can't get Sales for Outlook to work. The Sales for Outlook on a client machine installation goes fine, but when I open Outlook and click on the "Microsoft CRM" folder (or any subfolder) I get the pretty CRM error box (the one with the huge red X) that says, "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I...

vlookup error #4
i have this formula =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)),"""", VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]'Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)) i cant see what is wrong with it but i get an error based on \\Malcolmp\shared\My in the 2nd line much appreciated if anyone can help for some reason i dont get the error if i have the filepath pointing to a document on my hard drive rather than elsewhere onthe server. "Micayla Bergen" wrote: > i...

Task pane #2
Hi NG I like the task pane, but I moved some files and now I have to open them the old way but the old links are still there. Can I clear the list somehow? Thanks again in advance. :) Mike Hi Michael, Try Tools, Options... and on the General tab, set the recent file list to 1. Then close Excel. When it reopens, it will only show the first file that was on your list. Reset the number of files again to start a new list. Hope this helps! GS "Michael Blench" wrote: > Hi NG > > I like the task pane, but I moved some files and now I have to open them the > old...

Intelligent Message Filtering
I recently installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 servers. IMF was not installed previously. Now that SP2 is installed I'm trying to configure the SCL ratings. However, when I make any changes and then click Apply I get the following error: The requested operation did not satisfy one or more constraints associated with the class of the object. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072014 Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter Any ideas? That error comes from Active Directory. That error typically indicates access rights poblem. Was SP2 installed by yourself under the same credentials y...