Running as a SPANISH user acts as thought the Control key is alwys down.

Our MFC-based software is such that a user can set it's preferred
language to one of a number of Languages, including Spanish. When
Spanish user logs into our system, it means nothing else than to
perform all the string lookups in another table, besides english. Our
strings don't come from Resource files, but rather from a Database
table.

Other than that - everything is English - the OS, the keyboard, etc -
it's just that we're displaying spanish text and characters.

Here's the problem - When typing into an MFC-based edit box, the keys
behave as though the Control Key is pressed down. Typing 'c' and  'x'
does nothing, 'v' pastes the clipboard contents into the control and
'n' launches a new dialog as if we want to create a new object.

When we run as a French user, there is no problem.

My theory is that we might be processing a special character or
something after reading in the spanish text, but I don't know how to
approach that.

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour or might you know where to begin??

Thanks
Mike Arsenault
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Need only one DLL instance to run...

MS Money recent Spanish versions
Hi all, does anybody knows if there is a more recent version of MS Money in spanish than MS Money 99??? I have MS Money 99 (spanish version) and cannot upgrade to MS Money 2006 (I only have the english version) because when I try to open the MS Money 99 file, MS Money 2006 won't recognize it. Could this be because of the language of the file?? (categories and stuff)??? Thanks Álvaro M99 is the latest Spanish version. Because Money gets heavily localized to take into account Country tax laws and financial practice you have to stay within region when upgrading. That is why it...

Windows 2003 SBS Max connections / users
I've read some of the previous posts regarding max # of users, unavailable connections, etc however I think I've got a slightly different twist on the issue. I'm running SBS 2003, SP2 - patches up to date, etc. We have 5 original CALs plus an additional 5 DEVICE CALs installed. It is rare for 10 users to be logged in at any one time, but it does happen. The issue I'm having is that occasionally a user will get a message that they can't connect, or their Outlook won't be able to connect to Exchange or something similar. If I go in to Computer Manag...

run time error 10-22-03

Query Exchange/AD for users that have OWA enabled
Does anyone know if there is a query that I can run to give me a list of all user accounts that have the OWA feature enabled? We have 900 accounts, and we only allow some user "types" to have OWA access... We are running Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server, Active Directory, etc. Please forgive me if I am posting to the incorrect group (Exchange instead of AD?) Thanks. Donna ...

Automatically run macro

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

Appointment acceptance going to another user
Hi, While a staff member was away on maternity leave, I gave her co-worker rights to her Mailbox allowing her to open it in her Outlook and send on behalf of etc. Since the maternity leave finished I have removed all the rights I setup but one issue remains. When the maternity leave staff member makes a new appointment and invites participants, the co-worker receives a copy of the acceptance by invited staff members. The co-worker doesn't receive any other mail addressed to the maternity leave person nor the appointment itself, just the appointment acceptances. Does anyone know w...

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Disabled user account = normal account ?
Hi, the ADC synchronizes our Exchange 5.5 and the Active Directory. As planned there were disabled accounts created (for resource mailboxes). Are these disabled user accounts "normal" user accounts ? If I will enable one of them, will this function as a normal user account ? And is it possible to connect a mailbox (belongs to a disabled acccount) at the Exchange 5.5 Administrator console to another user (change the primary account within Exchange 5.5, remove the disabled user account at AD) without the AD cleanup wizard ? Thanks for your tips. Regards, Rainer On Tue, 27 Jul 200...

display user logon name
I would like the user logged into the data base to have his/her name appear automatically in the name field of all edited records in a form I don't beleieve you can access the user's name unless you have the user enter their name when they login or deduce their name from a table of login id and name. The login id (from Windows) is available by running: Dim strUser as string strUser = Environ("Username") or you could use the function fosUserName (google it for details) -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and th...

Some users can't email mail-enabled public folder
I've had a problem that recently started somehow. Environment is clustered Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1. Outlook 2003 SP2 clients. I have a mail enabled public folder. Internal and external users were at one point able to email the folders. Recently, some internal (including myself, enterprise admin) and external users have been unable to email just these specific folders. The users in question can still email all other public folders. Also, other users can email the public folders that are having trouble. It appears that only specific users are having t...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

tab control #2
Hi im developing ui framework in mfc. could you please tell me how to create non rectangular tab control? SunFire ...

Can't Log a User Out
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C52E55.AD065B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We recently had a power outage at our location, which forced the server = to reboot. One of our users was logged in at the time and we can't seem = to get them to log out now. It's chewing up one of our licenses. Any = ideas? Thanks, Matt ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C52E55.AD065B60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCT...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Find Control in Silverlight
I apologize for the crosspost!! Just realized that I accidentally posted the original message in the wrong group!! Hi, Very new to Silverlight and am having a bit of difficulty. Hopefully I can explain this correctly! I have a databound accordion. In each of my accordion.itemtemplates I have bound some textboxes and set them to read only. Then, I place a button after the textboxes for the user to "Edit" the information in each textbox. Basically: accordion.itemtemplate -> stackpanel -> bound textbox -> button. I can capture the button click without a prob...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...