Run-time Error during Disabling the Volume Buttton

Hi

I am Laxman, i have written a dialog based application for playing an
wave file. I have used the API playsound() for playing the sound and i
have also included volume up and down buttons in the application using
waveoutsetvolume for increasing and decresing the volume.This is
working fine.

But i want to disable the Volume butttons when they reach the limit .so
i wrote a code as shown below for which i am getting an runtime error .
Can you please help me to get out of this !!!!!!!!!

void CVolumeDlg::OnBnClickedVolUp()
{
	// TODO: Add your control notification handler code here

	HWAVEOUT hwo;
	DWORD dwVolume;
	LPDWORD pdwVolume;

	waveOutGetVolume(hwo, pdwVolume);

	if( *pdwVolume == 0xffffffff)	{
//	waveOutGetVolume(hwo, pdwVolume);
	dwVolume = *pdwVolume + 0x11111111;
	waveOutSetVolume(hwo,dwVolume);
	}
	else	{
		GetDlgItem( IDC_VOL_UP )->EnableWindow(FALSE);
	}

}

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>But i want to disable the Volume butttons when they reach the limit .so
>i wrote a code as shown below for which i am getting an runtime error .

You're passing a pointer to nowhere in particular:

>	DWORD dwVolume;
>	LPDWORD pdwVolume;
>	waveOutGetVolume(hwo, pdwVolume);

You should do this:

	DWORD dwVolume;
	waveOutGetVolume(hwo, &dwVolume);

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
12/11/2006 10:27:31 AM

void CVolumeDlg::OnBnClickedVolUp()
{
        // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here

        HWAVEOUT hwo;
        DWORD dwVolume;
        LPDWORD pdwVolume;

        waveOutGetVolume(hwo, pdwVolume);

        if( *pdwVolume == 0xffffffff)   {

        dwVolume = *pdwVolume + 0x11111111;
        waveOutSetVolume(hwo,dwVolume);
        }
        else
                GetDlgItem( IDC_VOL_UP )->EnableWindow(FALSE);   ---->
When i comment this line everything is
}
                                 working fine but when i don't comment
it, i

                                 am getting a run-time error. only this
line is

                                 the problem.i am getting a volume
sound

                                 but when i increase the volume , the
run-time

                                 erreo is getting happened. Help me to
get out.

On Dec 11, 4:45 pm, "lucky" <Laxmanmaru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> void CVolumeDlg::OnBnClickedVolUp()
> {
>         // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here
>
>         HWAVEOUT hwo;
>         DWORD dwVolume;
>         LPDWORD pdwVolume;
>
>         waveOutGetVolume(hwo, pdwVolume);
>
>         if( *pdwVolume == 0xffffffff)   {
>
>         dwVolume = *pdwVolume + 0x11111111;
>         waveOutSetVolume(hwo,dwVolume);
>         }
>         else

>                 GetDlgItem( IDC_VOL_UP )->EnableWindow(FALSE);
      }

>           When i comment the  line of GetDlgItem everything is  working fine , i get a sound
             when i play and also i feel the increase in volume when i
increase it.

               But  when i don't comment that line, the sound is coming
but the volume is
              not getting increased  when i increase it.

              I feel,  the problem is in the line  GetDlgItem .

            .

            Help me to get out of  this , please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>              I feel,  the problem is in the line  GetDlgItem .

No, your first problem is where I mentioned (assuming your real code
is what you showed here).

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
12/11/2006 12:16:36 PM
Ya, i got it. the program is working fine.

Now i am disabling the "volume up button" when it reaches the maximum
limit. If i decrease the volume now , it should enable the  "volume up
button" . Now how do i do that .Is it that i need to add an "Add
Variable" for volume up  button."

>Ya, i got it. the program is working fine.

Good.

>Now i am disabling the "volume up button" when it reaches the maximum
>limit. If i decrease the volume now , it should enable the  "volume up
>button" . Now how do i do that .Is it that i need to add an "Add
>Variable" for volume up  button."

You'll need a corresponding handler for the volume down operation - in
fact as soon as you invoke that you can enable your up volume button
(since it'll no longer be at the maximum value).

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
12/11/2006 2:36:26 PM
If it is just a button control you could check in your button handler for
lowering the volume and, when appropriate, call EnableWindow(true) for the
"Up" button there.  You may also want to do the same thing with the "Down"
button just to be consistent.  However, if it were me I'd just ignore any
attempts to go below the lowest volume and leave the button alone.

Tom

"lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Ya, i got it. the program is working fine.
>
> Now i am disabling the "volume up button" when it reaches the maximum
> limit. If i decrease the volume now , it should enable the  "volume up
> button" . Now how do i do that .Is it that i need to add an "Add
> Variable" for volume up  button."

0
tserface (3861)
12/11/2006 2:57:30 PM
Have you considered an alternative interface, like a slider control?  Then the issue
becomes moot.

My own preference is to handle all control enabling in a single location, so I would just
call a function I write called "updateControls", and in it I would enable the up-button if
the volume were < max, and disable it if == max, and enable the down-button if the voume
were > min and disable it if == min.  This saves a lot of complex and unneccessary code in
the actual handlers.  By putting it all in one place, you also don't have (as I found in
one app) some 23 places where controls were enabled/disabled using at least 6 different
algorithms (only one of which was actually correct)
					joe

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:57:30 -0800, "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote:

>If it is just a button control you could check in your button handler for
>lowering the volume and, when appropriate, call EnableWindow(true) for the
>"Up" button there.  You may also want to do the same thing with the "Down"
>button just to be consistent.  However, if it were me I'd just ignore any
>attempts to go below the lowest volume and leave the button alone.
>
>Tom
>
>"lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Ya, i got it. the program is working fine.
>>
>> Now i am disabling the "volume up button" when it reaches the maximum
>> limit. If i decrease the volume now , it should enable the  "volume up
>> button" . Now how do i do that .Is it that i need to add an "Add
>> Variable" for volume up  button."

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15977)

Present Value of One Time Payment N Years in Future
How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years in the future? -- Will On Jun 10, 9:23 pm, "Will" <westes-...@noemail.nospam> wrote: > How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years > in the future? Suppose the future value is $100,000 in 20 years. You need to know the annual "rate" -- an interest rate, average growth rate, or a discount rate. Suppose it is 5%. Then the present value is: =pv(5%, 20, 0, -100000) I am a newbee to 2007 and have lost the function of saving a *.dbf file back to a...

CRM 1.0 Crystal Print report error
Hi I am trying to use the builtin crystal reports and every report is coming back with the below error any advice on how to solved this? Regards J Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: CRMSERVER.pageserver] You may need to restart your Crystal Services on your application server: You can accomplish this via the following stepsL 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Crystal Enterprise, and click Crystal Con...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Payables Batch error
Hi All, While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the following error message: Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery window. When we try to view the payables batch (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message: This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch...

run time error 10-22-03

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Disable Tab and/or Section in form
Hi i have another question. May i disable by javascript a tab a/o section in a form? If it is possible can you give me a sample? Thank's Marco Rocca Marco, Here are instructions for hiding a tab: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/?p=3 Thanks, Mitch ...

Automatically run macro

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

A spreadsheet model to estimate waiting times?
Hi All I am trying to develop a simple model to estimate (predict) waiting times (medical context) based on the following input data: IR, input rate (i.e. number of requests for test x received per week). In other words, demand. OR, output rate (i.e. number of appointment slots available per week). In other words, capacity. The build-up of patients waiting (waiting list, WL) is fairly easy to calculate (I think!), so long as the IR and the OR remain constant: WL=(OR/(IR/OR)+WN), where WN is the week number that the test request is received, but the waiting time itself (in weeks) is trickier, ...

Synchronization errors #2
Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance If you delete the .ost and try again does it work? If you try a new mail profile, does that help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my...

DoCmd.OpenReport error 2501
Hello. Using Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer. When running the code at the end of this post, it blows up on the DoCmd.OpenReport with error 2501. I can't figure out why. I tried searching for that error with no luck. This problem only occurs on one computer. The same program works for everyone else on the LAN. It is being run from a network drive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony If strWhere = " " Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere End If Exit_Command2_Cli...

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd parsing error
Short: It seems that System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema cannot handle the original http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. How do I workaround? Is there a "Microsoft compatible XML Schema schema" anywhere? The Long Story: I have an XML format that somewhere embeds an xs:schema <xs:element ref="xs:schema"/> to accomplish this, i have to add <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/> to my XSD and define a namespace prefix xs. System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema fails to load my schema, because xs:element is not defined", so i changed this...

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but
...how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? The existing salvage utils appear to only work on .mny files. Many thanks! In microsoft.public.money, [ice] wrote: >..how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? Corrupt in the sense that Money says it is corrupt? I don't see any hope. Corrupt in the sense that the OS cannot read the media correctly and gets CRC errors? There are data recovery services that might be able to help you. Sometimes a different drive on another computer can read that floppy that you machine won't. Write-protect that floppy now. Copy what you can from each of the ...

NTVDM error?
I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software. The program won't open and I get the error: "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." Can anyone help? Try this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html "court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4A8614-9C1C-4EE6-B26B-55C0A19827F9@microsoft.com... >I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax sof...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

Money 2002 will not run

Changing an axis to show time with hour intervals
I am trying to create a chart from a spreadsheet of data that has 3 years and all 12 months. Each month has different days and different times where data was pulled. What I want to do is create a chart with all the months in the data and have the axis showing time intervals of an hour each starting from 12:00am-12:00am with the hours in between 12:00am, 1:00am, etc). Can anyone help me? I have tried using the scale under the format axis tab but can't figure out how to show time in intervals. Thanks. If your combined date and time is in A2, use =MOD(A2,1) to get just the time, and ...

Error when deleting mail from outlook
I'm getting an error saying ERROR UNKNOWN when deleting mail from outlook. Please, Please Help KidoL ...

Word error prevents its use as Outlook editor
I have Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 from Office XP Professional. If I start with a freshly rebooted system, open Outlook, and try to reply or forward an email, it tries to open it in Word, but says that Word is busy or cannot be found. I can even shut down Word in the Task Manager and try it again, yet the same thing happens. Once I do this and shut down Outlook, Word continues to run in the background (on Task Manager or refusing to shut down). As long as i do not try to reply or forward a message, none of this occurs. what can i do to correct this??? I tried to repair and restore from with...