routing

hello,

how to under VC 6.0  access windows routing table ?,
for example delete one route and add another.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean by routing table?

--
Ajay

<wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> how to under VC 6.0  access windows routing table ?,
> for example delete one route and add another.

0
ajaykalra (6842)
6/20/2008 11:14:13 AM
It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So,
WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :)

wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com wrote:
> hello,
>
> how to under VC 6.0  access windows routing table ?,
> for example delete one route and add another.
0
tech-talk (3)
6/20/2008 11:53:36 AM
CreateIpForwardEntry(),  DeleteIpForwardEntry() et al.

HTH,

Serge.
http://www.apptranslator.com - Localization tool for your MFC applications

<wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> how to under VC 6.0  access windows routing table ?,
> for example delete one route and add another.

0
serge69 (63)
6/20/2008 2:11:51 PM
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/Using_WMI_in_Visual_C__.aspx

Tom

"Ashutosh Bhawasinka" <tech-talk@ashutosh.in> wrote in message
> It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So,
> WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :)
>
> wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> how to under VC 6.0  access windows routing table ?,
>> for example delete one route and add another.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
6/20/2008 2:21:23 PM
On Jun 20, 7:53 am, Ashutosh Bhawasinka <tech-t...@ashutosh.in> wrote:
> It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So,
> WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :)

In over 10 years in this ng, I have never heard of it or seen this. My
guess was OP was somehow talking about MFC command routing.

--
Ajay
0
<wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> how to under VC 6.0  access windows routing table ?,
> for example delete one route and add another.

Check out IP Helper API.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
6/20/2008 5:05:57 PM
On Jun 20, 7:30=A0am, Ajay Kalra <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 7:53 am, Ashutosh Bhawasinka <tech-t...@ashutosh.in> wrote:
>
> > It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So=
,
> > WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :)
>
> In over 10 years in this ng, I have never heard of it or seen this. My
> guess was OP was somehow talking about MFC command routing.
>
> --
> Ajay

Alterations to the routing table are rare, but when implmented they
are most commonly used to select a particular one of multiple NICs (on
a multi-homed computer) for an outgoing connection.  See "Windows
Socket Connection from a Multiple-Homed Computer" at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175396

To change the routing table, try the CreateIpForwardEntry() function.
A quick search turned up this link, which describes how to create a
routing table entry so that all IP traffic with a specified server is
routed via a specified adapter: http://ce4all.blogspot.com/2007/05/routing-=
ip-traffic-via-specified.html
=2E  The code was developed for WinCE, but it should work in a desktop
too.

routing mail with routing group
Folks, I am having problems routing mail within a routing group.. Any ideas Regards Hi, Perhaps you can be a bit more specific? In general the Exchange servers should be able to communicatie with the active directory/dns and with smtp to eachother. In case you are using an internal firewall sometimes ports get blocked that are needed for the communication such as smtp en the linkstate port (tcp 691). Regards, Steven "ricky" <rakumi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVcLmk4DFHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Folks, > I am having problems routing mail within a ...

email routing
I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the others that are getting it? I am not referring to bcc's. When the email is received by each paper in it would only show one paper in the To: line. Am I being clear. I have a POP 3 using Outlook and I have Internet Explorer. Thanks -- Brigid kiola <kiola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I > send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the > others ...

routing
hello, how to under VC 6.0 access windows routing table ?, for example delete one route and add another. What do you mean by routing table? -- Ajay <wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:17bbf663-d7b8-418d-a1c2-8c0276028489@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > hello, > > how to under VC 6.0 access windows routing table ?, > for example delete one route and add another. It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So, WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :) wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com wrote: > hello, ...

Routing between 2 Routing Groups
I have an organizatiion with 3 exchange servers. 2 routing groups RG1 has 2 servers RG2 has 1 server In RG1 Server 1 has a smtp connector for the organization, Server 2 is the local bridgehead server to connect to RG2. Every time users from RG1 on the server with the SMTP connector with mail to be delivered to the server in RG2 the mail goes out to the internet instead of thru the routing group connector. Is there a setting that will force internal mail to go thru the connector. Any help will be appreciated ...

Routing #2
Corporate has decided to go with a global email system. Step 1: Corporate has setup an SMTP gateway to route all email destined for john.doe@xyz.com to the individual email servers. Step 2: Corporate will begin handling all email - individual companies will no longer handle their own servers. I am having problems with step 1. My email server (E2K3) handles email for abc.com. I have added @xyz.com to all AD accounts. I can send using @xyz.com address but can not receive any email for xyz.com. Corporate states that they are receiving email for john.doe@xyz.com (which resides on my s...

Mail Routing Question.
I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be sent to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away from the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible phone yet for Exchange Activesync. How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the Internet. Thank you. Keith Your question is a little confusing please clarify. SMTP is native to Exchange 2003 and while the X400 protocol is available by default it is not used. If you set...

Routings
Are routings mandatory when you use manufacturing? We use MO's, BOM's and other fun stuff, but have no need for routings. Yet everytime we create an MO for a new BOM we have to create/copy a routing. Its a pain since we don't even use them. Can they be turned off so they are not required? no, they are required. You can, however, make a simple single step router with one step that says "make it" and copy that router to every manufactured item. Once you assign the router to each item (and make it the primary router for the item) it will be automatically copied to...

Routing internet mail from routing group?
If someone has a spare moment, could you please confirm this response I received from another newsgroup. Thanks. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ Benoit, I appreciate your response. I continue to have an argument with a colleague about this though. What we both cannot understand is why, from Site B, mail bound for the internet will not simply flow through the default SMTP virtual server? Does the RGC take precedence? Or does the SMTP connector in the other site take precedence because of it's global...

Message routing within same routing group
Dear All, I have the network configuration as follow: Server A - Windows 2003 as DC & GC Server B - Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003, which also a DC & GC Server C - Windows NT with Exchange 5.5 (already down) Server D - Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003, Member Server (new install) from the first beginning, I have mirgrate my NT domain, Exchange 5.5 to 2003 domain with exchange 2003 on last year. due to hardware problem, my Exchange 5.5 (Server C)is down (which can not be back again) but the exchange 5.5 still exist at the administrative group of my Exchange 2003 site. since it s...

fax routing
Just installed CRM 3.0 last week and have had to hard reboot the server twice. It appears to be something with the MSCRMFaxRouterService. There is no Event ID #. We have not used the fax module with CRM yet. SBS Server 2003 with all the latest service packs and updates. The following is the error message in the event log ------------------------------ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMFaxRouterService Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 4/5/2006 Time: 2:40:13 AM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.FaxConnectorService.FaxSinkServiceException: Failed to ini...

How to properly route Internet bound email?
Assuming that you had 3 - Exchange 2003 BackEnd mail servers and you wanted to force all "Internet bound" email to semi-load balance through 2 - SPAM filtering SMTP boxes. How would you do this? Could you not set up a SMTP connector and then define the 2 SPAM filtering SMTP boxes as Smart Hosts [SPAM1],[SPAM2]? If so, what would you need to define as your required Bridgehead server? Thanks, Fred Fred: Do you have a front-end server? I would create an SMTP Connector on the front-end server; use the SMTP virtual servers on the front-end as the bridgehead. Then config...

Emailing Routing in Mixed Environment
We are setting up CRM 1.2 in a mixed NT4 (Exchange 5.5) and AD (Exchange 2003) environment. I need a little help setting up the email routing. I set it up according to scenario 2 (page 72 of the Implementation Guide) which involves a separate subdomain for the CRM Exchange server. Here is the behavior as indicated on page 75: In each of these scenarios, Microsoft CRM users and queues send messages from the Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server by using the Microsoft CRM subdomain (user@crm.adventure-works.com). Replies to these messages are handled in one of two ways: * If the reply ...

Routing
Patrick R., I would like to thank you so much for your help. It works great. I have another issue. On my exchange 5.5 box, (running on win 2000 server) I have 6 "domain.com's" in the Routing in the IMS with "Reroute incoming SMTP mail (required for pop3/IMAP4 support) selected". In the Routing Restrictions I have "Hosts and Clients with these IP addresses" selected, yet there nothing assigned to the "IP address & Mask" under it. (a tip I got for preventing relaying, and works great) My question is. is there a configuration of the above...

Email Routing
Our incomming emails are not being routed to CRM. I read the troubleshooting tips given in previous postings. Everything checks out except this: http://crmex/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF When I access it through IE I don't get XML but an internal server error. The following works fine: http://crmex/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.SRF I'm going to try and re-register the dll as is indicated but any tips are welcome. ...

routing with Silverlight
Hello, can you say, how I can routing with Silverlight? for example: access to google or bing with the postal adress and then routing to many adresses. is this possible? How? Thanks for the infos. Thomas "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B0F5984-1D8B-4A7D-96D3-BE9174E850D8@microsoft.com... > can you say, how I can routing with Silverlight? > for example: access to google or bing with the postal adress and then > routing to many adresses. > is this possible? How? > Thanks for the infos. I for one do not under...

Mail Routing
I have an exchange 5.5 server SP4 running on NT4. I also have an exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server. My exchange 5.5 server is responsible for handling mail to the company.com domain. I have setup an MX record for lab.company.com to go the the new exchange 2003 server for testing. The exchange 2003 server is sending and receiving mail fine. The only problem is that the exchange 5.5 server won't send mail to it. The messages get stuck in the queue with a status of "host unreachable". Is this because company.com is part of the lab.company.com destination? ...

Routing all mail through a spam appliance?
Currently we run one Exchange 2003 server with virus protection and spam filtering directly on the Exchange server. We are interested in getting a spam/virus appliance such as a Barracuda unit that will do all the filtering and then we can remove the software off the server. One issue we are having is we want to have that appliance filter all mail, both internal and external. Is there a way to route all mail (internal & external) through the appliance? If so is this an OK way to do it? Thank you! John I dont see anyway of filtering internal mail if the appliance is separate from ...

IMS Routing question Exchange 5.5
Anyone got any thoughts on this issue? I work for Siemens and every Siemens employee has a @siemens.com address. Our Exchange servers are not tied together either. So when a generic smtp process from our company needs to send a email to a external @siemens.com address, it will get a undeliverable because its trying to route that back into our server. I dont know how to make it try the inside then route to inside if it doesnt find the match in our GAL. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks. Tie the servers together. On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:07:04 -0700, Jerry Farkas <JerryFarkas@disc...

Routing Mail
HI All was wondering if anyone knows if I can rout all email coming from one email address ie jobloggs@blahblah.com to one recepient in my organisation running exchange 2003 I don't know of any way to make Exchange do this out of the box (maybe I have been up too long today). You could probably write an SMTP event sink that would do this. KB article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021 talks about how to create a "catch-all" event sink. If you have some experience with scripting, you could re-write this to do what you want to do. One third party that I have use...

RE: Message Routing
In exchange 5.5 I could route all of my outgoing email to an external smtp server, rather than have the exchange server making the connection to the mail servers for each email going out. Can I still route my email through our external smtp server via one of the accounts on that smtp server? If So how? I have some email servers refusing delivery from my exchange 2003 server because it is a local exchange server and not publicly listed. Thanks, Rich Hall You can send using a non-Exchange smtp host - insert that as a smarthost on SMTP Connector for address-space * (create it if you ...

OWA, Front end server and two routing groups
Hello I have three Exchange 2003 servers, one of them being Front end server in First routing group. Two other servers are Back end servers, one in First routing group, another in Second routing group. I have Routing group connector between those two routing groups so mail goes from on Back end server to another Back end server just fine. And I have one SMTP Connector to direct all outbound mail through Front end server. But I am having problem with OWA. I installed SSL on Front end server and users with mailbox on Back end server in First storage group can successfully connect. On t...

E2K7: routing group connector not included in routing configuration
Hi there, I have two E2K7 sites in coexistence setup with E2K3 which are directly linked with a sitelink. Site1 contains 1 hubtransport (UTCS121T71) and a routing group connector to E2K3 which is created using the following CMDLET New-RoutingGroupConnector -Name "UTC Connection" - SourceTransportServers "UTCS121T71.eu.test.com" - TargetTransportServers "LONS121T01.eu.test.com","ZSTS121T01.eu.test.com" -Cost 10 - BiDirectional $true -PublicFolderReferralsEnabled $true Site 2 contains 2 hubtransports (NYCS121T71, NYCS121T72) and no routing group connec...

Email router dont route Internal Email..
hi, so its a complement from my previous post.. In fact, the router works with SMTP Mail but doesnt work with internal exchange email.. Someone have an idea if is it normal or if exist specific configruation.. ? thx Its a known issue. The only way round it that we have found so far is to place your CRM application in a sub (Child) domain, with your exchange server in the parent domian. If anyone else has another suggestion I would be interested as well. Andy "Cbu" <cboisseau *AT* psengineering.com> wrote in message news:uNKW0hNaEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi, &...

ROUTING
I need some help on getting a routing slip to work correctly. I made a template to use in my office, and it routes fine, but the routing status is sent to my email address instead of to the originators. I have tried saving it as a template and that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! Hi this does not sound like a MS Excel question? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Amanda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0d4c01c46e95$52184040$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need some help on getti...

Trouble routing mail between 2 exc servers in the same routing gro
Hi, I have seen posts treating a similar problem but none seem to help so far. I have 2 exchange servers in a well connected routing group. The master server is Exchange 2K (latest SP) nad the member server is Exchange 2K3. Mail sent from the member server to anywhere gets delivered allright. But mail sent to the member server gets stuck in the queue of the master server (the queue towards the member server ) since it first receives the mail for the routing group. The Exchange System Manager reports that "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." but I have...