RichEdit formatting problems...

I want allow users to set the tab stops in CRichEditView using values
from a dialog box. Any examples for setting the tab stops that work? The
examples that I have found didn't work as stated.

Thanks.

0
m7829 (30)
10/26/2003 10:59:18 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How can I globally change the formatting of all my comments in Exc
Instead of having to change each of the many comments, I'd like to change the formatting all at once. Is this a pipe dream? Debbe See Debra Dalgleish's pages on formatting comments using VBA macros. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:15:05 -0800, "Debbe" <Debbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Instead of having to change each of the many comments, I'd like to change the >formatting all at once. Is this a pipe dream? ...

Formating phone numbers in outlook
I want to set Outlook 2003 to automatically format my telephone numbers with the area code surrounded by parentheses. Is that possible, and if so h=how do I do it? Thanks It already does so by default whenever you set your dialing location correctly. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:594201c40093$b83e9c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to set Outlook 2003 to automatically format my > telephone numbers with the area code surrounded by > parentheses. Is that possible, and if so h=how do I do it? > ...

tiral problem/ cannot start due to enrypt problem
I DL'd the '04 trial, and installed fine. upon starting, it is giving me the message of not being able to start because it can't encrypt at the required level. I have 128 cypher strength installed, and reinstalled. any help here? thanks. ...

Column percentage formatting
When formatting a column as a percentage how can I get it to read out as Pts. not the % symbol?? Once you have the answer to your formula in the cell(s), can you highlight the whole column and format it to just plain number with the desired amount of decimal points? That or set up a custom format for the cell(s). HTH, Beth >-----Original Message----- >When formatting a column as a percentage how can I get it >to read out as Pts. not the % symbol?? >. > ...

Time format control
Hi everyone, I have a time of 08:38 and would like to truncate the last minute by using formatting to achieve 08:30. I currently do this using a formula to remove the last minute. I have tried custom formatting of hh.m but I still get 08:38. I have even tried hh.m"0" but get 08:380. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad You can use this formula, it sounds as though you want round down to nearest 10th minute =FLOOR(A1,1/144) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad kennedy" <brad_6663@hotmail...

DLL Link problem.
Hello everybody. I have an EXE (myApp.Exe) linked statically to a DLL (myDLL.dll), I've changed the DLL name (nyNewDll.dll) and the 'Object/Library Modules' in EXE project, it compiles fines but the link is still with the old DLL, how can I link my Exe with the new DLL name? Thanks in advance, William GS ...

Problems with a hyperlink to documents on my computer
In Excel I run into a problem after I've created a hyperlink to a document on my computer. I use Excel to create project maps, which are simply diagrams that help me organize things, and I like to set hyperlinks from the objects in the diagram to documents on my computer. However, sometimes after I've created the link I'll click on the object and get an error that says Excel cannot open the specified file. The objects I use in the diagram are either shapes from the object palette or a picture. I place these objects in the Excel document, select the object and hit ...

RichEdit
How can I disable text marking in RichEdit? I would like to use RichEdit as a simple label.... ArtuS My first guess would be to simply disable the control, but this would likely have some unpleasant coloring effects. But you could try it and see if it worked. joe On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:11:18 +0100, "ArtuS" <artu_s@gazeta.plNOSPAM> wrote: >How can I disable text marking in RichEdit? I would like to use RichEdit as >a simple label.... > >ArtuS > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.floun...

Problem entering any data into any of the data entry screen
I have a problem entering any data into any of the data entry screen fields in GPDynamics. For example - if I go to the transactions radio button - financial - batches - the window opens - the cursor briefly goes to the first entry field -Batch Id - it will stay for approximately 2-3 seconds at this field then will disappear and the SAVE radio button will be highlighted. If I click on the entry field again Batch ID - the process repeats itself. I could probably get 3 keystrokes in before the cursor disappears and the SAVE radio button appears highlighted - I have tried to tab over from the SA...

Table accounting format
Hi, In 2003 Acces tables (and before...) when i define a single field strictly positive with the following format everything was working fine: "CHF. "* #'##0.00 same result as MS Excel accounting format with currency at the left of the table cell and the value on the right! I see only right now that this seems not to work in Access 2007 O_O I would like to know if something changed? if it's an issue? Is there a simple solution? Thanks for your help ...

.vdx file format
Hi everyone, We currently use Vision 2002, and are considering upgrading to a later version. A key requirement for us, would be that the .vdx file format for XML does not contain binary, unlike in Visio 2002. Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated, thanks Fiona ------=_NextPart_0001_B352C85A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Fiona - Except for adding to the Schema to permit the newer version of Visio to implement new objects and features, there is no core change in the XML format for either Visio 2003 or Visio 2007. The binary objects, such as th...

formatting cell with $
Hi am running 95 and using excel for printing a banking sheet which was setup by a previous employee. it will take amounts up to 99 thousand but with amounts over that it produces numbers without the $ sign in front. I need to have the $ in front with large amounts. Any help will be appreciative I have tried different formats with different results, but not the one I wish to have. Regards Graham Graham, Try widening the cells, then entering the amount. After that it might be possible to format as you like. You might also try entering $#,##0.00 in the Custom format part of th Format dial...

Problem sending e-mail
Problem sending mail. Outlook will not send mail...I am receiving the following error number: 0x800ccc60. For purposes of clearing out the outbox, I also deleted the messages in my outbox, one of which would re-appear after I hit "send/receive". ...

Converting YYYYMMDD Special Format to Text
What formula or function converts a cell with a special date format of YYYYMMDD, lets say 20030801, to the text string "20030801"? In my case the special format option YYYYMMDD makes the number appear as 20030801 but will only display the actual date value of 37834 when attempting to convert the date to a text string. One way: =TEXT(A1, "yyyymmdd") where A1 contains your value. In article <108901c38960$b4c9b6d0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike" <mbredal@tetontel.com> wrote: > What formula or function converts a cell with a special > ...

LogonUser problem
I am calling LogonUser on an XP Home version system. If I specify a user name that is a real user, then it works properly, returning TRUE for the correct password and FALSE for an incorrect one. However if I specify any other user name then it always returns TRUE even though the same user name/password combination is not acceptable for a "real" logon. Is there something about XP home security (and lack thereof) that does this or am I doing something wrong? Since you will ask, here is the code (I do like the variable names): BOOL bOK = ::LogonUser(m_csName, _T("."),...

Word formatting issues
I have a Word document that had full justification on it. When I went to print, it smashed all the letters on top of one another. It was as 7 page document, but is now in seven lines, each line with about 1.5" of very black text. There doesn't seem to be anything in page setup that can account for this. It looks "normal" in the "read" window. According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in use. You can usually 'unscramble' the displa...

Time format #3
I have a cell which is formatted to time as hh:mm Now, the user has to type the time in the above format, hh:mm as above. Is it possible for me to allow the user to simply type in the time as hhmm and then for the spreadsheet to automatically format it to hh:mm. So for example, 08:30. I would like the user to be able to type in either 08:30 or 0830 and for the spreadsheet to recognise both entries and format it to 08:30. Any ideaS? Neil Not without using VBA See Chip Pearson's site for code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 N...

RichEdit margins??
Hi, I'm using a RichEdit control for the 1st time and not doing too well. I'm using MFC's CRichEdit in Visual Studio 2003. I am adding text that I've read in from a file and doing a SetWindowText to load the control. I'm using CRichEditCtrl::SetParaFormat() and can select portions and turn on bullets and change alignment, but none of the margin changes do anything. Specifically, while I expected to get paragraph wrapping within the control's window, I get no paragraph wrapping at all. What am I overlooking?? I don't see any window size settings. T...

free download all Latest Microsoft certification exams practice questions in PDF format
free download all testking actualtests cheat-test Microsoft certification exams practice questions in PDF format http://www.cheat-test.com/Microsoft-certification-exams.html ...

Pasting numbers doesn't format them as numbers
Howdy We have a web app that we run reports from. THe reports are just numerical data in table format. We then put this information into Excel to do totally, charts, etc. THe problem is that when we highlight the data in IE5.5 and paste it into Excel 2k, while everything looks like it works fine, none of the numbers can be totalled or done math with. Even if we select the cells and manually go to Format / Cells / Number, if still doesn't do anything when we try to do a summation or any other calculations Anyone have any idea why it would do this? We have a sort of workaround by copy...

Outlook problem #13
When I hit the new mail button on the toolbar, the system freezes as it cannot find correct file path to word. Any suggestions to the probable cause and how do I correct this problem. many thanks. Les hay ...

account format.
Hi, I have a company that has an account format like this: 7 segments and 18 digits. Can I have an account with only 15 digits an others with all 18? In other words some accounts are like: 1-10-001-101-001-000- , and others are like: 1-10-001-101-001-000-200 What kind of problems could be? Reports in FRx?? integrity into GP 8.0, in future, migration to Dynamics GP in a few months?? Thanks a lot. -- Evelin. You can do and it doesn't cause many problems at all. Ours is either 9 or 12 digits depending on if there is sub department. I've also worked with a company that only used...

Number formatting: General + separator?
I would like to format cells so the numbers are displayed like the general format but with the thousands separator. I can't figure out how to insert the thousands separator without fixing the number of decimal places. For instance, I would like =1000*pi() to display as 3,141.59265 (showing as many decimal places as will fit in the cell). I would like =10 to display as 10 . Thanks for any hints. I don't think you can do this with a number format, but you can do it with a formula like: =TEXT(A1,"#,##0")&IF(A1=TRUNC(A1),"",&qu...

Listbox Format Question
I have a list box with multiple columns. Is is possible to control the text alignment for the columns? For example, for some columns i woudl like to right justify, or center. Right now, all my columns are left justified. Thanks, Steve I do not know persay, but if you will find this type of functionality it will only be found on Stephen Lebans' site. Check out: http://www.lebans.com/List_Combo.htm -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it...

Problem with Navigation Pane
I imported email folders from Outlook 2003 on my laptop to my desktop. After doing the import, the navigation pane on my desktop now shows the Personal Folders 7 times. All 7 are pointing to the same folder and show exactly the same contents. I cannot close any of them. I have tried re-creating the main PST file, with no change. I tried searching the registry for any settings that might be causing this, but didn't find anything obvious. I have uninstalled and re-installed Office, with no change. Any suggestions on what happened and how it can be corrected? You've corrupted y...