Riche Edit

hi

I think this is a simple question for you guys:

When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm compiles
fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes with an
exeption!?!
I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5.
My Project is  MFC Dialog based.
This should work shouldn't it?

Thanks Urban

0
mail1 (11)
8/23/2003 6:04:58 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I think this is a simple question for you guys:
>
> When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm
compiles
> fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes
with an
> exeption!?!
> I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5.
> My Project is  MFC Dialog based.
> This should work shouldn't it?

Have you tried this? ...

"Call the MFC global function AfxInitRichEdit before you create the
dialog to initialize the Rich Edit Control. A good place to initialize
the Rich Edit control is in the application's InitInstance function
before you create the dialog".
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
8/23/2003 6:20:45 PM
Thanks!!!
That was the problem.

"Jeff Partch" <jeffp@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > I think this is a simple question for you guys:
> >
> > When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm
> compiles
> > fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes
> with an
> > exeption!?!
> > I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5.
> > My Project is  MFC Dialog based.
> > This should work shouldn't it?
>
> Have you tried this? ...
>
> "Call the MFC global function AfxInitRichEdit before you create the
> dialog to initialize the Rich Edit Control. A good place to initialize
> the Rich Edit control is in the application's InitInstance function
> before you create the dialog".
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
mail1 (11)

tools|options|Edit tab|fixed decimal places
Following up on a post from a couple weeks ago. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good use for this option. As far as I can tell, it is a global setting (i.e., affects all open worksheets). It appears as if it would be used for data entry purposes, but it doesn't work like I would expect it to. For example, if fixed decimal places is set to 3, when you enter 12,345 = 12.345 (once you hit enter, excel moves the decimal position three to the left) 12,345.6 = 12,345.6 (but if you use a decimal place when you type the number, it doesn't move the decimal at all) If you...

[MS Graph] Cannot edit in the datasheets
Hello, We have a problem with Microsoft Graph (Office 2004 on Mac) opened by PowerPoint 2004. Sometime, it's impossible to edit the graph : I cannot modify the value in the datasheet. I can delete or paste a new value with the clipboard, but I cannot write anything with my keyboard. Sometime, closing MS Graph solve the problem, sometime no. Same thing with a system reboot. When restarting MS Graph or rebooting doesn't solve the problem, the only solution is... waiting. Yes, waiting.. It will works later when I will retry some hours later. The bug appear at least on 2 Mac on OSX...

XP Tablet edition
Everything I have seen indicates that the SFO client is only support on XP Pro. Is this accurate? Is there any plans that any one has heard of for XP Tablet support? XP Tablet edition is simply a version of XP Pro - so CRM client (both 1.2 and 3) work on it absolutely fine - been using this myself for some time with no probs at all Regards Roger <mstrubel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142978717.068831.60780@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Everything I have seen indicates that the SFO client is only support on > XP Pro. Is this accurate? Is there any plans that any...

editing custom views
Hello, I have a finance spreadsheet I created for myself to plan my household budget where I have a row for every day of the year. Sine some days nothing happens amongst the days I am planing for I created 2 views. One which displays all the rows and a "part view" which hides the rows with no activity. As the year goes on and I plan further down the sheet I'll want to edit the "part view" so that it includes further rows which will be hidden. How do I do this? When I go to View/Custom View it only gives me the option to Show, Close, Add or Delete a view? Wou...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

editing exsisting access database
I have recently inheirited a 2007 Access Database. I am currently trying to find the forms and queries part of this database to make changes to it; such as adding the ability to search by last name option instead of looking thru an entire list of names. Currently to look at the database I can either just dbl click the access db and get the first form or I can hold down the shift key and get a database tools , external data menus. How do I get to where the forms and queries are located? Thank you What happens if you push F11 in either view? UpRider "benny wa" <be...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

Edit + Find
How do I find exact text when using the Edit + Find? I want to find all of the "Bapt" in my list, but when I type in Bapt in my edit + find, it scrolls to the Baptist as well. In the Find window, choose to "Find entire cell only". Paul "Mindy" <mcliburn@kub.org> wrote in message news:143601c53c78$b17516b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I find exact text when using the Edit + Find? I > want to find all of the "Bapt" in my list, but when I > type in Bapt in my edit + find, it scrolls to the Baptist > as well. If it's the onl...

text color of edit control
I have an edit control which is filled by - DDX_Text(pDX, IDC_EDIT_ADJ, m_ctrDate2) I tried to do the following things in order to color the text in it - IDC_EDIT_ADJ is the ID of the edit control I would like to colo CWnd *pWnd = GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT_ADJ) CDC *pDC = pWnd->GetDC(); pDC->SetTextColor(m_textcolor) How can I solve this Thanks a lot. Liat Try overriding the OnCtrlColor() method, and via the GetDlgItemID(), you can use a switch to color the text/background/etc. based on the dialog item of interest. Balboos Liat wrote: > I have an edit control which is filled ...

rich text box in forms
I would like to use rich text boxes in my forms. I read that you can use this un-allowed tools in forms if you make a change to the browser. Does someone out there know the answer to this? -- Ed Ayers ...

Opening file with Word 2007 for editing
i am building my own website (intranet). One of the options i would like to use is opening an HTM-file with Word 2007 for editing. The opening of the file starts by pressing an interactive button on a webpage. Anyone knows an answer how to do this? I think it must be a line in the button properties link. You need to ask in a Word newsgroup, not FrontPage. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "Nico" <Nico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E64ADD69-2009-44D8-870E-4CB21BDCD08D@microsoft.com... :i...

Edit Packing List
Question, Some of the guys in my shipping department are complaining that the packing list is to hard to read. Between the items, the notes on it, and whatever else. I want to make the line item highlighted on the packing list so that it is easier to see the items that need to be packed. So the line with the actual item code, I want it to be highlighted in light grey so it is easier to see, and will hopefully make for less errors. Thanks, Nick Nick, It might be easiest if you modified the FONT for that line and just made it BOLD. An example below <FONT name="myFont"...

Allow User to Edit Ranges
Any better way to input the range for a 30 spreadsheet??? a8:j20 , m8:p20 , r8:s20 a22:j34 , m22:p34 , m22:p34 a36:j48 , m36:p48 , m36:p48 a50:j62 , m50:p62 , m50:p62 a64:j76 , m64:p76 , m64:p76 a78:j90 , m78:p90 , m78:p90 a92:j104 , m92:p104 , m92:p104 and so on .... Hi, Are you asking how to assign 30 different user to the ranges you listed or are you saying you want to give one or more users access to all 30 ranges? Or are you talking about 30 spreadsheet? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "crapit" wrote: > Any better w...

Using a macro to edit a macro
Short summary: I want to create a macro that will open up the excel vb/macro editor and simply edit existing subs/macros with some fairly sophisticated search and replaces. Note: the macro actions I intend to create are editting existing macros, not worksheet/book interactions. Other Details: I have taken the nessacary steps of: -creating unique break points (commented out sections) to find where to insert the new code snipits -created several refference variables that can be easily replaced in a search and replace (I was thinking about using a promt box or actual worsheet refference cel...

Rich Text Signature
Ho do I add Rich Text signature for my outgoing mail. Thanks Create your signature in a file on your PC (save it anywhere, just remember where). Then utilize Tools - Options - Signature tab to bring in that file (note the "Browse" button). Also, if you click the "Advanced" button you will have options in regard to which email account or newsgroup that signature applies. You can have multiple signatures. "Kumar Dheeraj" <Kumar Dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3735BB37-F9B0-4A4E-95F4-222384D0B5EF@microsoft.com... ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...

Riche Edit
hi I think this is a simple question for you guys: When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm compiles fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes with an exeption!?! I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5. My Project is MFC Dialog based. This should work shouldn't it? Thanks Urban "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message news:3f47ad41$0$19888$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > hi > > I think this is a simple question for you guys: > > When I try to add a RichEdit field in the r...

Edit No Format
I have a spreadsheet that Has a column of No's that look like this AB 12 45 87 B the column has about 30,000 No 's in it. I want the No's to look like AB124587B so that they do not have the spaces in, any way of doing this un excel. If it's always the same format you can do it by using a combination of the left(),mid(), and right() functions.. Then use the & sign to fix it.... example : a1: ab 12 a2: left(a1,2) & right(a1,2) a2 then says: ab12 there might be a function that just removes all spaces though... trim() only works for opening and ending spaces. --- M...

Install Dynamics GP 10 on Windows Enterprise Edition
I need to install the Dynamics GP 10 SP3 Client on several Citrix/Terminal Servers. One server, CTX01 is Windows 2003 Standard Edition R2 with Service Pack 2. The server has 2GB RAM. Citrix and Terminal Server is installed. The installation works perfectly however this machine is only to manage the Citrix farm and provide web access. It is not strong enough to actually serve applications (started installation only as a test). The other two servers, CTX02 and CTX03 are Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2. Both have 12GB of RAM and have Citrix and Terminal Server installed...

edit formula bar in excel 2003?
in excel 2000 there is a edit formula button that when clicked starts the formula and produces a edit formula bar.. I find this helpful because I put it just below the rows I am working on and keeps me on the row I am working on and from getting confused when selecting cells. now i have 2003 and it has a function button which I rarely used in 2000 and I really have no use for.. can I get my edit formula button back.. which is very helpful... Same answer I gave yesrerday when you posted this question. The = sign "edit formula" went away when XL2002 was introduced. Maybe will ...