Reversal encryption

Hello,

I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app
in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible.

I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way,
what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about
encryption?

Sugestions, please?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is
used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to use
it?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa380255(VS.85).aspx

"Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is
>used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to
>use it?
>
> "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my
>> app in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible.
>>
>> I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way,
>> what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about
>> encryption?
>>
>> Sugestions, please?

0
alegr (1130)
11/25/2008 2:36:14 PM
"Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app
> in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible.
>
> I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way,
> what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about
> encryption?
>
> Sugestions, please?

Yes, you can use the Crypto API to encrypt your text.  The Crypto API offers
many algorithms, both public and private encryption, but make sure that the
one you choose is supported on all versions of Windows that you need to work
with.  For example, I think SHA-256 is only supported on Windows 2003 Server
and later.

I believe you are best served with a symmetric key algorithm and not public
key encryption.  Symmetric key algorithms use the same key to encrypt and
decrypt the text.  Public key encryption has 2 keys, the public key and
private key.  The text is encrypted with one of these keys, and decrypted
with the other key (the first key cannot be used to decrypt, you must use
the second key!).  But you don't need 2 keys, because both keys would be
stored in your app, and if the hacker got the first key, they could easily
get the second key.  So having 2 keys is not anymore secure, and the public
key algorithms are orders of magnitude slower to execute than symmetric
algorithms.  The only time public key encryption is useful is if you can
physically separate the 2 keys, like storing one of the keys on a web
server, and the other key on the client.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Error using E-mail encryption
I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them trusting eachothers certificates, but on one of the computers it can send encrypted emails but when I try to open an encrypted email I get the error message "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system" Does anybody know how to fix this error Thanks, Nick "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D00BD1B-8742-42FA-9674-4B61DE637165@microsoft.com... >I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them > trusting...

Force Encrypted PST
Greetings I want to force that all my Outlook 2003 users will enter the password when they turn Outlook on, thru GPO How can I deny bypassing the "Save password in the password list" in Outlook 2003 (thru GPO, too)? Thank you You can't. What are you trying to achieve with this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- <elijahbass@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177852902.339828.96050@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Greetings > I want to f...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Encrypted email Exch 5.5 SP4
I've just set up KMS and enabled some mailboxes with Advanced Security to allow sending of encrypted email. All works perfectly, except I've discovered that when I connect from home over a dialup connection and use my home Outlook the encrypted emails can't be opened. I get the following message: "Can't open this item. Unable to decrypt this message because your security key was not found in the message. This message cannot be read" Is this the expected behaviour? thanks Iain ...

Outlook Mail Encryption
Am trying to find out if I am using a Digital ID by verisign to send secure mail do I need to upgrade Outlook to 128 bit as well as browser to 128 bit cipher strength in order to achieve this encryption strength. Do all my correspondents need to do the same?? ...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Encryption
I use MS Office 2003 at work and Office 2004 at home and at work. I cannot open a file saved on 2003 with an open password and encryption from within a 2004 app. Is there a way to do this, OR is there a way to save a file, keeping it reasonably hidden from prying eyes, and be able to open it on either 2003 or 2004 apps? Any and all help appreciated. Hi, The encryption from Office 2003 does not work in Office 2004. For a cross-platform method of encrypting files use Aladdin's Stuffit or PGP. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVPs are not Microsoft Employees MVP info http://mvp.support.mi...

Outlook E-Mail Encryption Problem
Outlook (2002) refuses to encrypt an e-mail message to a client who uses Lotus Notes R5 in Win 2000, even though in the client's Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Content/Certificates dialog, both her certificate (on the Personal Tab) and our certificate (on the Other People Tab) are present and have the correct serial numbers. On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her public key in Outlook). Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know what that might ...

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

Reversal encryption
Hello, I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible. I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way, what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about encryption? Sugestions, please? I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to use it? "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem news:e1uwDhuTJHA...

Reverse List?
Greetings! What's happening with the reverse list as of late? It seems like it's not updating anymore since the contacts that I add are never displayed. I have tested this by using my primary account to add my secondary account and then accepting the invitation on the secondary account, my secondary account (target) could see my primary account (source) in the list, but my primary account could not see my secondary account, and both had each other in their contact lists. Thanks in advance; -- jps Greetings jps, I have no real fix for you, but I can confirm...

How to encrypt the password on EXCEL BOX?
Hi Thanks all of you who assist me for my problem. With regards to the Password, how should we encrypt the password on th input box on EXCLEL, so no one can see our password? Currently when I gave the password on message box on Excel, it is no in encrypted form. What piece of code I add in the following routine in order t encrypt/hide the password on runtime on EXCEL? Regards Jumma Sub password () Dim Pword Pword = InputBox("Type in your password") If Pword <> "Proda" Then MsgBox "Sorry, incorrect password" End Exit Sub Else My code�� End if End...

Customer EFT Reversal
In GP 10, we're getting ready to start using Electronic Funds Transfer in our Receivables area, i.e, we're going to take our customers' payments directly from their bank accounts. If there's a problem where we take a customer's money in error, how do we put it back into their back account using EFT? Thanks! Mary Fetsch ...

How do I reverse this?
Somehow I've managed to turn off the automatic capitalisation at the start of a new sentence only. It was working fine until I accidentally clicked something with my mouse and now the feature has gone!! This is really annoying. I've done the Tools-Options-Spelling thing, though, and everything seems to be the same as it was before!! Any ideas??? Thanks, Pip "Pip" <Pip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A807C07E-502F-4D82-ACD8-FAFE2917EB3D@microsoft.com... > Somehow I've managed to turn off the automatic capitalisation at the > start ...

Encrypted Email
Does anyone know what would be the simplest way to send encrypted email from our company out to the internet. We would like for the ability to send encrypted to be available to all internal users of our Exchange 5.5 server. Thanks The Key Management Server (part of 5.5) can be used to both encrypt and digitally sign messages using X.509v3 certificates. To encrypt mail to users outside, they would need to send you a digitally signed email (which assumes they have some form of email security in place, like the KMS). Outlook supports adding the users public key certificate (which it gets fr...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

My printer is printing in reverse. How do i turn it off?
I have tried - properties, advanced, mirror image off. It works once and then goes back to mirror image. How do I turn it off permenantly? Please Change the printer Properties from Start | Settings | Printers and Faxes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lindylou2" <lindylou2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B714C97-D395-49DC-87BC-67184A8A4736@microsoft.com... >I have tried - properties, advanced, mirror image off. It works once and > then goes back to mirror image...

reverse a CArray
Just started using CList and CArray and I'm trying to reverse the order of a CArray with the code below. It appears to have no effect and I don't see why... Any clues? <code> CArray<CString, CString&> tmp; tmp.Add(CString("1")); tmp.Add(CString("2")); tmp.Add(CString("3")); int count = tmp.GetCount(); for(int i = 0; i < count; i++) { OutputDebugString(tmp[i]); OutputDebugString("\n"); } for(int i = 0; i < count; i++) { ...

CListView icons in *reverse* order with XP commctrl 6??? #2
hi there i have a CListView derived window in my app, which i have set to Icon Mode, and i sort my items alphabetically now it all works fine, except when i include the manifest for using the XP commctrl6 lib, this listview displays the icons in *revrese* alphabetical order, and, now this is the crazy bit, they are displayed from the bottom up!!!! ie, if without the manifest they are displayed as: iconA iconB iconC iconD iconE iconF iconG then they are displayed with the manifest as: iconG iconD iconE iconF iconA iconB iconC *and*, they are placed from the *bottom* of the view window u...

Reverse Worksheet
Somehow I have reversed my worksheets? the A1 cell is in the Top-Right corner. How do I get it back to the Top-Left corner? Hi John tools / options / international - choose left to right under default direction Cheers julieD "John Wolfe" <John Wolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEAD5A71-C86B-4869-866D-E2AD513C9A20@microsoft.com... > Somehow I have reversed my worksheets? the A1 cell is in the Top-Right > corner. How do I get it back to the Top-Left corner? ...

reverse lookup for my exchange server..............
I am using Exchange 2003 (name riley) on win 2003 AD domain controller. When I setup my AD, I used abc.com as my domain name. I figured it not a problem since I am only using it locally. I can send and receive e-mails with no problem. Now, since many are using reverse lookup to filter out spam e-mail, I am in trouble. When you do an nslookup for my exchange server from your server, it comes up as riley.abc.com with an IP address that belongs to abc.com (which is another website that does not belong to us). E-mails are being rejected by those who use reverse lookup because it does not match. ...