return int value to OS in MFC App

Hi, Everybody.

I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System..

if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter.
but MFC does not reveal WinMain()....
How can i solve this problem?

Can Anybody help me with this problem?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Everybody.
>
> I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System..
>
> if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter.
> but MFC does not reveal WinMain()....
> How can i solve this problem?
>
> Can Anybody help me with this problem?

Return the int value from ExitInstance.  The value you return there is
returned from WinMain.

0
Scott
9/10/2007 1:48:08 AM
flybluewing@bcline.com wrote:
> Hi, Everybody.
>
> I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System..
>
> if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter.
> but MFC does not reveal WinMain()....
> How can i solve this problem?
>
> Can Anybody help me with this problem?

flybluewing:

It's the return value of the virtual function CWinApp::ExitInstance().

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

Zero-value Budget Column in FRx SP11
Hello all, We have just resolved an interesting problem that one of our customers was encountering after upgrading from FRx SP9 to SP11, that I'd like to share with you all, along with our resolution. Bear in mind, I am not recommending this resolution to you, so much as providing it to assist you with your own enquiries. The symptoms of the problem are as follows: A report contains a two columns, a budget column and an actuals column. Running the report on FRx SP9 produces the correct figures. Running the report on FRx SP11 produces correct actuals, but the budget figu...

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Chart Values and X axis values from VBA
Hi, I'm creating a series of charts based on data in many adjacent columns based on Name defined Ranges. However, I have to hardcode the Workbook and Sheet names that are used for the source names. My piece of code is: With ChtObj.Chart.SeriesCollection(jbl) .Values = "=Book3.xls!Sheet1_COL_" & ColAry(z) .XValues = "=Book3.xls!Sheet1_Date" End With I want the code to handle the workbook & sheet names more dynamically to accept a variable for wbk name or sheet name (or number). I can't get any syntax to work. Experts Help! Thank you. Kohai ...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

.NET equivalent to XSLT value-of select
This seems like it should be really easy, but I cannot seem to make it work. I am trying to retrieve the text value of an element named "child2Element" from an XML file in a .NET (v 1.1) with an XPath expression. In an XSLT document I would use <xsl:value-of select="rootElement/child1Element[@childId='110']/child2Element"/> (and this does work fine in a transform). But I cannot seem to find the right method or object in .NET. There seem to be a number of classes that can use XPath, but I can't figure out which one I have to use to get just the te...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Reference cell values from other sheets in a function
I am trying to do something that seems like it would be quite simple, and yet I cannot get it to work. I have some data in separate work sheets (one sheet for each month), and a yearly summary sheet. I have a DAVERAGE function in each month. I am trying to take that DAVERAGE on each monthly sheet and make an AVERAGE function in the year summary page referencing each DAVERAGE cell on the monthly sheets. I enter =AVERAGE( into the cell and click over to the other sheets where I need to pull the info from. I click on the DAVERAGE cell that I need to reference in the yearly AVERAGE fu...

VS 2005 Export Template for MFC app
Hi, I just got VS2005 with MSDN Pro subscription and had no problems getting my current VS2003 MFC application to work! So far I really like it. I am doing a DirectX project in MFC and wanted to see if I could add the .fx file type (for effects files) to the add new item wizard. So, I tried to do what the help files said, and create a blank .fx file in my current project and then use File/Export Template to add it. But the dialog that pops up won't work. There is nothing to select in the two combo boxes at the bottom, so I can't go any further. I tried searching the forum...

Deleting a note keeps the value in the NOTEINDX field
I just discovered that if you delete a note from a document (in my case, a cash receipts document), the system will delete the actual note record from the SY03900 table but will leave the original NOTEINDX value on the document record intact. Is this normal behavior? I would think the system should clear out the value in the document record since the note no longer exists. Referential integrity! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Yes, this is normal for GP. The record is created the first time the user clicks the note icon and "bookmarks...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

form creating new row in table1, looking for field value in table
Please can someone help as I have been battling all week with this problem, and haven't had a response. I have a form which uses some data from table1 to create an entry in table2 (i know duplication is bad, but as this is a live database, and i am working on a new section, this makes this complicated task easier), which works fine. however, i have a third table that has the unique ID from table1 and table2 in order to show when a table1 row of data is needed in table2 via a checkbox. This third table3 is created when elsewhere. The problem lies with bringing in the unique ID value...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

List of values summing to a known value
Is it possible to run a query that would return a list of values that sum to a known quantity. A simplified example would be as follows: Return any items from the list that sum to 10 1 3 4 7 9 The returned values would be 1,9 and 3,7. Thanks. Do you mean something like this -- SELECT [TableA_1].[Auto]+[TableA].[Auto] AS Expr1, TableA.Auto, TableA_1.Auto FROM TableA, TableA AS TableA_1 WHERE ((([TableA_1].[Auto]+[TableA].[Auto])=10)); -- Build a little, test a little. "lmattern" wrote: > Is it possible to run a query that would return a list...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

Opportunity status reason value
Hi, Does anyone know what table stores opportunity status reason value? I tried doing mail merge for email and i need that status reason value to be included. I tried using &opportunity.statuscode; however it returned the numerical value. Could someone help me on this? Thanks Carrie For picklists you always have two values: a numerical value and the text value. Where opportunity.statuscode returns the numerical value, opportunity.statuscodename should give you the text value. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > Does an...

% Return Line graph?
Hi- Can someone show me how to customize a graph in Money 2005 to show my stock portfolio's % change over time? I just want a simple line chart showing my percentage change since the beginning - as a way to just figure out relative performance but I can't seem to find the right graph to customize. I can't just chart the value of the portfolio as I have been adding money to it over time which has drastically changed the % returns. I am not sure if what I want is possible or if this is clear but I also have the plugin for MS Excel that I can import money data so if there is...

Displaying only specified values-not using Autofilter
I have a somewhat unusual question based on something that's stumped me for over a week. I'm hoping the collective wisdom of this newsgroup might be of some help. I'm attempting to display all of the results of value "x" from one sheet on another. To elaborate, sheet 2 has a column, let's call it column A. Each cell in column A has a value, let's say, for simplicity sake, "1", "2", "3", or "4". What I want to do is go back to sheet 1 and format it in such a way that all of the rows containing value "1" in the afor...

kit item return
There should be an option in the Store Op Manager --> Configuration --> Option Tab to allow the ability when returning a Kit Item to either return the quantity back to the Kit Items Inventory or to the Kit Item COMPONENTS Inventory. Effectively breaking out the Kit Item automatically when the item is returned to inventory. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Look at field, check to see if that value exists in another table and act accordingly.
Hello ms.pub.access, I've been assigned to generate a DB to help analyze certain capability deficiencies within the US Army. I'm at a real show stopper based on my current knowledge level. I'm in need of some kind of routine that will check the value of the 'Tier3' field against a list of high priority tier3 values located in a separate table called 'mpmi'. If a high priority tier3 value is found within my table 'analyze' from field 'tier3' then I need the routine to generate a score of 1 and place it into the field called 'score'. If it...

CString changing an independant int
L.S. For a couple of days I've been trying to write a small Windows program, and although C is no problem I'm struggling witch C++ (VS2008). Somehow I must be doing something wrong. I've got this dialog class in which I've defined some ints and CStrings, and some functions. What happens is this: in one of those functions I assign a value to one of these CStrings (just strFoo = "bar";). At that exact moment in the program the value of one of the class's ints changes too. In C I'd know my string buffer was too small or something, but I thought it would ...