Resource editor problems

Hello all,

Under VC++ 7.1...

Please consider these two lines:

IDC_ARROW_ADD_CANCEL DISCARDABLE "res\\cur00004.cur"
IDC_ARROW_ADD_CANCEL CURSOR DISCARDABLE "res\\cur00004.cur"

The second is a hand-edited change to the first. Both will compile just fine
in the resource compiler. However, after I use a text editor to make this
change, I cannot open the .rc file in the resource editor. The resource
editor issues the following error open attempting to open the .rc file:

error RC2135 : file not found: CURSOR

Can anyone shed light on what's going on here?

Thanks,

Dave

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Publisher 2003 Outside Margin Printing Problem
Using Publisher 2003, my right side margin guide is set at .4". The document when printed, cuts off the text. The right side of the page leaves a margin of one inch. The text is cut off all the way down the page by one inch. This is not a problem in Word 2003. The whole text will print on the right side in Word. I want to print out to the right side edge of the page farther than one inch. The margin guide is set at .4". I am using 8.5 x 11 paper-landscape. This was not a problem in Publisher 2000. What in the world is wrong? When you use landscape the printer mar...

IE-8 problem
I am using windows xp with sp-2. after installing IE-8 fom microsoft update center my computer freezes and i cant access anything. I have dsl from at&t. Report problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/fba7e7c3-2aec-46e4-9a32-968aa620f35b1033.mspx> I don't know if this can in some way apply in your case, Doesn't hurt to try the link <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/gp/pc_ie_v8intro> Note: for future consultations related to Internet Explorer, visit the specific group for IE (IE6, I...

MSChart problems
I've added a bar/column chart (MSChart OCX component) to my VC++6 application and I don't know how to add a label with the column value over or above each bar. How can I do that? I also want to change the width of the columns at runtime. Is it possible to do it? Thanks, Marc Soleda interface IVcDataPointLabel : IDispatch { ... [id(0x00000006), propput, helpstring("Returns/sets the standard position used to display the label."), helpcontext(0x0005e0d5)] HRESULT LocationType([in] VtChLabelLocationType LocationType); typedef [uuid(C091D28F-BD43-11D1-B137-0000F8753F5D),...

Document not saved problem
This is probably simple, but it sure has me stumped. I created a workbook by moving 11 different Excel files into a single workbook. Each file occupies a single sheet in the workbook. When I go to save the new workbook it gives a message "Document not saved". No other information. No matter what I do I cannot save the new workbook. Any ideas why? I really need to create this single workbook from multiple files. Roy Do you have permission to save to the folder you're using? Any interference with your Antivirus software? (disable it and try again). Is there space on your drive ...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

restore backup password problem
My pc crashed but I had no worries (I thought) because I have Carbonite. I installed the same software Money Standard 2006 version on my laptop as was on my desktop. Everything is fine and I am inside the money program. I downloaded my latest Money backup from Carbonite to my laptop. When I try to restore the backup into Money, I am asked for my Money password. I have had the same password for years so there is no mistake. I have entered it at least 10 times. I get the error message that the password is incorrect and to try again. Without the password I cannot restore the backup. I called M...

Problems with licensing
Hello, i have got a problem with how to tell exchange how many CALs exists. In the normal way I put it under Verwaltung/Lizensierung - there appears under products the Exchange Server 2003. But in this case there is no record with Exchange Server 2003. I can't find any licensing information for the Exchange Server. I think something got wrong during installation. Background: 1 x Domaincontroller width Server 2003 Standard 1 x old Mailserver with Server 2000 and Exchange 5.5 as member of domain. 1 x 2003 Server R2 as Member of Domain with Exchange 2003 (newly installed - will repla...

Network or Communication problems!?
Hi, I have a severe problem now when using Outlook. I can no longer do the following, in IE click File, Send, Link by email, or right click on any file and Send To. If I try this I get the following message "The Operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again". This problem has only occurred during the last few days and I do not know why or how to fix it. I has used 'Detect and Repair' and this has not cured it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and again I still get the message. The only (hopefully temp...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Problem with a small lookup database ..... ???
Hi i have a list with ranges and i need to put it in one whole list ... Ex --- this is what i have .... Cell A1 = Name ex Mr Smith Cell B1 = Start Range ex 10 Cell C1 = Stop RANGE ex 15 Cell D1 = Date 01/10/05 Cell A2 = Name ex Mr Black Cell B2 = Start Range ex 18 Cell C2 = Stop RANGE ex 21 Cell D2 = Date 01/11/05 and so on. What i need is this .. i have a list of ranges ex from 1 to 100 under each other and in the coloumns near them i will get the info ... So i will get like so .. Range 11 - Mr Smith - 01/10/05 12 - Mr Smith - 01/10/05 13 - Mr Smith - 01/10/05 ... & 17 - 18 -...

unicode problems?!
Hi I have a configuration file which is saved as an ansi file. I read it line by line wit fgets. Now it happens that some customers save the file accidently as unicode even though it has the same content. Now I want that my software identifies the unicode and then reads the file line by line and converts the signs to normal ansi signs and saves the line as a CString so that my parser doesn't know that it was unicode in orginal. Is there a way to do this? I use IsTextUnicode() to identify it and it works fine. I tried to read the lines then with fgetws and then convert it with :: szHelpBuf...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Strange problem with our server
Hi! We've recently moved our Exchange 2003 database to a new NetApp storage machine and it's working perfectly except for two weird issues: 1. When you export an exchange mail folder to a PST file (using outlook 2003) it reports that the operation successfuly completed but it exports only *SOME* of the items in that folder. In the clien't event log we found an event message from outlook saying that the operation failed. 2. Some users complained that when they try to move *SOME* emails to a PST they get an error message saying the operation failed. Thanks... ...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Problems creating new user
I have just added a new user to our system in Small Business Server 2003. I am able to add the user with the User Wizard, which should create the Exchange account and mailbox as well, however when I log in as the new user and attempt to start Outlook, I get the following message: "The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." When I then attempt to click on the "check name" button I get this message: "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." How do I get this user to show up in the a...

Report problems when upgrading
I have not upgraded from Money 98 because of a continual problem I have had with reports in each newer Money version. When I auto convert, or manually enter transactions, all transactions show up on the Performance by Investment Account report as being in the current year, no matter what the date is. For example, say I enter a purchase of $25,000 on 1/1/2000. If I look at a Performance by Investment Account for 1/1/2003 - 12/31/2003, I will see $25,000 in the "Buys" column. If if I click on it, there will be no transactions for the date range (because it was in 2000). ...

Mail Recive Problem!
Greetings to all. Has put the Domain Controller (Windows 2003 Enterprise Server), has lifted Mail a server (Microsoft Exchange Server 2003) has adjusted, all works, mail are sent/recive, all fine!, has put an AntiVirus for Mail Server (Symantec AntiVirus For Exhchange 4.0) all perfectly works has decided to check up acceptance sending/reciveng with in the Internet, mail are sent from my server and here to accept it them that accepts but as I have understood to users on maibox does not scatter (In a nutria of a network to itself send and work) And letters come from street (Internet) located on...

Cannot open website from Windows
Hi to all, i've a very very strange problem: I've a web site url that apparently is unreachable from my PC (dhcp reserved address), MS Windows Vista Business and IE8, ONLY this website. I checked firewall and antivirus settings, i tried to bypass firewall, but problem persist. I changed from DHCP to Fixed IP, i changed DNS, but none. I also tried from Firefox / Chrome, same problem. Apparently the site is resolved from DNS but then not reachable. The tracert command shows that the request expire immediately, so it seems that the request remains local and is not forwarded...

Need to know some defaults when using Word as Outlook HTML editor
I have some problems regarding HTML output when using Word as Outlook HTML editor. I have fiddled with Word's Web Options and Email Options but cannot recall the default settings anymore. Could you tell me yours please, see: Word - Tools - Options - tab General - button [Web Options] - Target Browser - Options right below and Next to button [Web Options], click button [E-mail Options] - tab General, section 'HTML Options' - all options. TIA, John7 See inline answers "John7" <NoSp@mm.com> wrote in message news:d3jslq$a9q$1@news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl... : I ...

Problem Changing Cell Formating
I have "inherited" a workbook used to generate budget documents. As part of the book, there are several sheets that contain the formatted "form" which includes boxes or borders around certain cells. My problem is I cannot change the format of these cells using the "Format:Cells" menu or the Ctrl+1 shortcut. I can however copy a format to these cells to change them. Unfortunately, if I happen to copy something to the cell that is "detrimental" to my formatting I play the devil getting the formatting corrected. Another twist is I can change all of the form...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Problem subclassing buttons on a CPropertySheet
Hi all.. I have a CPropertySheet derived class where I placed this subclassings (in OnInitDialog): m_btnOk.SubclassDlgItem(IDOK, this); m_btnCancel.SubclassDlgItem(IDCANCEL, this); m_btnApply.SubclassDlgItem(ID_APPLY_NOW, this); That works initially, but if I press Apply button, the subclassing is lost (the apply button is correctly disabled by the default handler, but it causes the subclassing to be lost). If I return FALSE from OnApply handler, subclassing is kept, but the button isn't disabled either the OK button closes the dialog. Any help? Thanks Jaime Why not use Class...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Printing problem
Hello everyone. I have developed a VB6 application that will be able to print reports for many people. Each time I select one or more people their reports are generated and sent to a printer (the reports are the result of a mail merge I made with the Word mailmerge functions). My problem is that I would like each person's report to be listed as a separate print job (with the job's name being the person's name, if possible). Right now when I click a command button to print 10 people's reports the printer lists them as a single job with the title 'Formletters&#...