Resource DLL

I want to know how to create Resource DLLs.
 how to create Regular dll(static and dynamic) and extension dll
Please reply

0
cmanoj (33)
2/23/2004 5:35:43 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message
> I want to know how to create Resource DLLs.
>  how to create Regular dll(static and dynamic) and extension dll
> Please reply

For a resource dll:
1.    create a standard mfc dll.
2.    add resources.
3.    compile

Jase

0
jshelley (197)
2/23/2004 5:50:25 AM
For regular and extension dll, pick appropriate selection when you are creating a MFC dll.
For resource, you can pretty much pick any dll; all you need is simply add resources to
it. No source is needed.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

| I want to know how to create Resource DLLs.
|  how to create Regular dll(static and dynamic) and extension dll
| Please reply

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/23/2004 6:03:18 AM
If you are going to create the resource dll don't forget to add
 /NOENTRY to the Project->Settings->Link->Project Options

> For regular and extension dll, pick appropriate selection when you are
creating a MFC dll.
> For resource, you can pretty much pick any dll; all you need is simply add
resources to
> it. No source is needed.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "Manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message
> | I want to know how to create Resource DLLs.
> |  how to create Regular dll(static and dynamic) and extension dll
> | Please reply

0
igorl (5)

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Creating a COM object out of TLB file within an MFC Extension DLL
Hi, I am trying to create a global(!) com object (from an Automation Server) using it's olb (type library) file only. My project is an MFC extension DLL (!). I tried many ways but the DLL crashed giving me these kind of errors: "First-chance exception in SUA_Test.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception." I am trying to create a WRQ Reflection object, but I guess the problem is conceptual. Here is my code fragment (look for the "crash" comment): **************************************************** #include "stdafx.h" #include <afxd...

Extention DLL and .DEF Exports
Hi I have an MFC Extention DLL (VC6 SP5) from which I exports the classes and functions like this #define DLL_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) DLL_EXPORT void MyFunction(void); class DLL_EXPORT MyClasss : public somemfcclasss { }; now it works fine. The problem is when exporting the symbols with the def file. I use depends and copy the symbols function names from there and in def file it is like this ?Myfunction@xxxxxx @ 1 NONAME ?MYCLASS@xxx @ 2 NONAME with the functions it works fine. But with the classes it does not work. I get LNK 2001 error. I want todo this way ...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

How can an ActiveX DLL expose string constants enumerations?
Hi all, I want my ActiveX DLL to expose string constants, such as Const nlsPortugal = "PT" Microsoft DAO, for example, exposes the module 'LanguageConstants' with string constants. Anybody knows how to achieve this result? TIA, Paulo "Paulo" <nospam.pmpcosta@netcabo.pt> wrote in message news:eHY8sqvjKHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I want my ActiveX DLL to expose string constants, such as Const > nlsPortugal = "PT" > > Microsoft DAO, for example, exposes the module 'LanguageConstants...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

unable to load ActExe.dll
Hello - When I start up Outlook, I receive the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ActExe.dll" could not be installed or loaded. It then tells me that this may be resolved through the 'detect and repair' function, which does not fix this. I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Bob First, thanks for the reply - I did install ACT! 6.0 (contact management software), I apologize, but I typed the file incorrectly - it should have been ActExt.dll. In any case, this file is not on my computer any where...

"Resource" has declined
One of my conference rooms returns this error for a few users but not all users. When scheduling a meeting according to the proper procedure, the resource is rejecting the meeting with the following error: "Resource" has declined your meeting because it is recurring. You must book each meeting separately with this resource. Note that: --The meeting is NOT recurring. --Other conference rooms do not exhibit this behaviour --No changes (that I am aware of) have been made to the exchange server or the resource account. ...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

Seeking a fundamental resource for using Visual C++ 2005 Express
I am new to Visual C++, and have some limited skills with Objective C. I have designed a user interface in Visual C++ as a Form and now want to define methods and outlets for several of the widgets in the form. I have not been able to find any meaningful (to me) resources for how to do this easily within Visual C++. The tasks include, for example, specifying the action for a button that will take input from several user-entered textboxes, performing calculations and returning the results to other textboxes for display. It is essentially a more complex version of a temperature or money ...

Leveling Resource in Linked Project
I have a "Master Schedule" that is made up from linked files that include schedules for individual projects. While in the "Master Schedule" I am trying to level the resources so no one is over allocated. When I try to level it is not working and states that one of my projects (lets say Project #3) is linked to another task that cannot move. I am not sure why this error message is coming up. I don't have it linked to anything else and all my seperate projects have predecessors so that all tasks are dependant on eachother. I am a newbie to Project and quite ...

Resources
We have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003, 2000 and XP users. We have setup Resources (i.e.: company Projector) for users to check out. We know that you can book an appointment with the projector as a resource, this will allow the computer to let you know if the resource is booked. It is very cumbersome for users to find out the schedule of the resources. Is there a way to use Public Folders as either a link to the Calendar of the resource, or as the resource itself? Our thinking is that this would allow the users to quickly view the calendar with only one quick click rather than going ...

"not enough resources"
Hello All: When I run the computer, after a while it runs out of resources. So gradually I have to close the programs and eventually I need to restart the computer. By run out of resources I mean I can�t copy and paste, or open a new IE tab, or open a program and run it or print something. Sometimes I get the message �not enough resources� . As I said it becomes so bad that I need to restart the computer. I have ran CCleaner and cleaned up the 958.2MB detritus in the system and a few times ran cleaning the registry. Also ran CHKDSK command. Only once after running CCleaner and ...

Resources Availability Report !
Hi all, I'm customizing CRM for Shipping services. - I defined a Service Called shipping and configured it. - I defined the trucks and drivers as resources. The drivers will take days off, and the trucks will be out for maintenance i will make a new day off in the work hours for the resource. How can i make a report to show me the availability of the resources? If I tried to find available times using the scheduling engine the resources that are out for maintenance or vacation will not show, very good no problem But, how can i see that in a report. i tried to look thru the calendar en...

RetrieveGlobals.dll #2
Can anyone send me RetrieveGlobals.dll at my email address as i dont hv access to customer source my email id shani_ahmad@hotmail.com Best Regards Jameel On May 17, 10:09=A0pm, Jameel Ahmed wrote: > Can anyone send me RetrieveGlobals.dll at my email address as i dont hv ac= cess to customer source > > my email id shani_ahmad@hotmail.com > > Best Regards > > Jameel See your Email ...

Reading custom-defined resource
Hello group, I have created a custom-defined resource for my application by adding the following to my .rc file: NAME_WIDTH TYPE_CUSTOM BEGIN 0x4321 END where NAME_WIDTH is the ID name of the resource and TYPE_CUSTOM is the type of the resource. Now, what I want is to read the value 0x4321 from my application. How can I do this? I know that for a string resource, I can call CString::LoadString(IDS_MYSTRING), for example, to get the string resource identified by IDS_MYSTRING. How can I do it for my custom-defined resource to get its value? A sample code or any other reference wi...

Human Resources and Integration manager
I am running GP 9.0 and want to import some data into HR and particularly the "Employee" card under HR. I go under Tools | Resource Descriptions | Tables and then select "Human resources" as the product, and "system" as the series. I scroll through the tables and am not finding a table that has this information. I find the applicant table but not the employee table. I have tried looking at the database diagrams under the SDK but I do not have any diagrams for HR. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct HR table to handle the general employee i...