resize a fixed dialog #2

I am trying to figure out how I can resize a fixed dialog in another process.
 I have set a WH_CBT hook and added the WS_THICKFRAME style at time of
creation.  This achieves the resize handle in the lower right corner and also
the cursor changes to the resize cursor when the mouse is over the border,
however, the window does not resize.  In Spy++, there are absolutely no
resize-related messages being posted.

I found a freeware utility, ResizeEnable, that accomplishes this task so I
know it can be done.  The documentation states that it installs a hook to
intercept all messages related to sizing.  How would they accomplish that?
What hook would they use?  When I have this utility active and view the
window messages in Spy++, I see all the resize-related messages posting.
This is where I am confused.  What is that pgm doing that makes all the
resize messages suddenly 'appear'?

Thanks,
Jeremy
0
JR1 (208)
12/23/2008 8:47:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Show Access Print Dialog to Ask for a Printer
Using Access 2002 I used the command wizard to create a button on the form to print the form's currently selected record. The record prints fine, but it does not allow selecting of a printer. I want to let users select a printer, and then use the code that the Toolbox Wizard created to print the selected record (code attached). Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection Exit_cmdPrint_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdPrint_Click: MsgBox Err.Description ...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

MSExchangeTransport EventID 929 #2
Every hour I get the same messages in the Application Event Log on our Exchange server. The messages are as follows: " Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1280 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=Connector for Lotus cc:Mail (TLBEXCHANGE),CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=TLB,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=TLB,DC=Local Hr:c004038a Attribute:[homeMTA] For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwli...

data entry and saves it to sheet 2 #2
Basically I need a simpler data entry with submit button and saves it on the sheet 2. I have 2 sheets: 1st sheet would be entry fields that I would enter data on, such as: Account Number, Company Name, Product, etc. after entering those fields I would just hit 'submit' or 'enter' then it says on Sheet 2. I really would like to impress my boss... so your help is much appreciated. :) thanks This would require VBA, but the actual code depends greatly on the layout of your data. If you wish, send me direct via email a small file that clearly shows the layout of sheet 2 (colum...

Disabling Esc and Enter in a Modeless dialog box
I am having a dailog based application in which another dialog is embedded as a child.The settings of this dialog are child with no border and visible. The child dialog is created using the "Create" function of CDialog and hence is modeless. On press of Esc or Enter the dialog gets destroyed. I want to override this normal behaviour. How can this be done? !!! Thanks & regards, Senthil a couple possibilities. 1. change the accelerator key definitions to remove those key mappings 2. override the onok and oncancel member functions of cdialog and make yours not call the cdialog ...

How to fix keys t s h c v non-responsive only in Excel?
When I press keys t s h c and v in Excel 2003, nothing happens. If I use the Shift key, then the keys work, but only as caps. The keys work fine in other Office applications, and worked fine in Excel 2003 until this morning. bareedy, Interesting. Try the stuff at http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/vfaq.htm, "Excel acts generally goofy." -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "bareedy" <bareedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E613210C-9895-4DDD-906D-219336F7CDD8@microsoft.com... > When I press ke...

SMALL function #2
Good Morning Eveyrone, Using Excel XP. I would I write the formula =SMALL(A1:A100) that would find the lowest numbers that are NOT zeros. Thanks for you help, Mike =SMALL(A1:A100��1) SMALL(A1:A100,COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<=0")+1) Thanks...got it working.. Mike "������" <cncola@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OwrqY9NRFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > SMALL(A1:A100,COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<=0")+1) > > ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Difference between 2 excel spreadsheet
Someone has given me two exported results from a query in CSV format. Is there any easy way in Excel to find out whether they are exaactly the same (ie all rows and columns matched) ? Thanks Here is one way (but, there's probably a better way): Load both csv files into the same workbook either as seperate sheets o on the same sheet. I would probably use seperate sheets so that I coul reference any differences a little easier. (A1 on sheet 1 should = A on sheet 2) Then insert a "difference" sheet (SHEET3) and in A1 use this formula: =IF(SHEET1!A1=SHEET2!A1,1,0) Then sel...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Office 2003 outlook does not have newsgroups feature #2
Hi Does anyone knows Office 2003 outlook have newsgroupgs feature. Outlook Express has newsgroups feature but not Outlook. Robin Outlook has never had a newsgroup reader built in. It will launch a news-only mode OE session when you use the menu items therein. robin wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone knows Office 2003 outlook have newsgroupgs feature. > Outlook Express has newsgroups feature but not Outlook. > > Robin There's a third party product in beta called NewsLook in beta. Its not ideal, yet, but functional. http://www.ghytred.com/index.aspx Tom S. -- The gr...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

portfolio views #2
hello, im using 2004 and have created portfolio's using the customized view option in the Portfolio Menu. This way i can allocate my investments into different portfolio's, but i cant see a way to delete or rename customized views, anyone know how to? thank you In microsoft.public.money, Jex wrote: >hello, im using 2004 and have created portfolio's using the customized view >option in the Portfolio Menu. This way i can allocate my investments into >different portfolio's, but i cant see a way to delete or rename customized >views, anyone know how to? SeeADiffer...

Corruption #2
I'm trying to determine if I have any corruption in some of my user's mailbox's. Specificaly their inbox. Does anyone know any tools for determing corruption with exchange and specificly a user's inbox/mailbox. Try this.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D1C7482-4C6E-4EC5-983E-127100D71376&displaylang=en -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:810B3E...

Security #2
What setting keeps users frombeing able to open anyone's mailbox? Is it in Active Directory? Store (mailbox) permissions. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "nick" <cipher7836@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156980886.800661.144130@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > What setting keeps users frombeing able to open anyone's mailbox? Is it > in Active Directory? > Well, they should not have this by default, so if they do, it's because of some ...

Who could tell me? #2
Hello all: I know when the container is running,it want to search the COM in register table and load them,I want to know that the word,excel and ie where they need to seach?thanks. ...

3M SandBlaster 423-120 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 120-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet
Price:$7.30 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Sandblaster, 2 Pack, 120G 3.7" x 9" Large Flexible Abrasives Detailed Sandpaper, Lasts 10 Times Longer Than Normal Sandpaper, Extreme Durability, Ultimate Comfort, Sandpaper Can Also Be Used On Detailed Flexible Abrasives Tool True Value #630-485. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 3M SandBlaster 423-180 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 180-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLE1OO 3M SandBlaster 413-220 Flexib...

SP2 Fix
I cannot install SP2 fix. I keep getting a message, "Office hotfix Intaller incountered a problem. Sorr for the inconvenience" Does anyone know a fix for this or where I could get one? ...

Dialog Box: Which control gains the focus?
Hello everybody! Sample: extern CMyDialog* pDial; (initialisation) .... (entering datas) pDial->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); (other processing) pDial-ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); pDial->SetFocus(); Which control has the focus? In a project developped with Visual Cpp version 5 & 6, it's the last control having the focus when dialog was visible. An other project developped with Visual Studio .Net, it's always the first control (first in tabulation order) which has the focus. With or without MFC, the behaviour is the same. Who knows the reason why? What is exactly behind pDial->S...

Recurring Deposits #2
Is there a way to create recurring deposits in Money Essentials for Vista? I can't seem to do this. I can create recurring bils without any problem though. You would need to enable the 'advanced bills/deposits' area. I've not used Money Essentials, so don't know whether that is an option in that particular version of the product. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any uns...

CRM 1.2 Activitys
For some reason my companies CRM database has become corrupt and there are some invalid Activities listed in the ActivityBase Database. I have been able to locate the invalid entries and was considering just manually deleting them from the database, since deleting from the CRM interface isn't working. Will manually deleting them just cause more headaches for me? If I do remove the activities are there other tables that will need to have rows manually removed also? I can seem to find documentation on how activities are related to the other tables? Manually updating the database is...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized
Hello, Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any >suggestions? > >Thanks, >Linda > >. You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping. Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size: CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyo...