Rerouting mouse and k/b msgs from the WebBrowser COM object to main wnd?

Hi,

I have an MFC application with the WebBrowser COM object. I use it for an
archiving application, and until we will move to a better platform we
display the pages of the archived content, which is stored as HTML, using it
(we are in a rush to release it now as HTML files, and will then work on
moving them to another, lighter, format. Off-topic: Anyone has a
recommendation of such?).
My question is, how can I reroute the mouse, and more importand keyboard,
messages so they are not processed by this object, but by application
instead? I want to disable right-clicks (which I can do by invoking a JS
function, but will preffer a "cleaner" way), and the various shortcuts IE
gives the user, and process them by my application. For example, when the
WebBrowser object doesn't have the focus, Ctrl+A calls an accelerator from
my application that invokes a call to the object and selects all the text
within it. When the object is with the focus the Ctrl+A doesn't go through
my application. This way I want to enable only several shortcuts, and by
this disabling Ctrl+N for example.

If you guys have another idea on how to do that, rather than rerouting the
messages, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Stilgar.

0
stilgar (21)
10/16/2005 8:15:41 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Stilgar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an MFC application with the WebBrowser COM object.
> [...]
> My question is, how can I reroute the mouse, and more
> importand keyboard, messages so they are not processed by
> this object, but by application instead?

If you host it in CHtmlView-derived class, then override
CHtmlView::OnTranslateAccelerator method. If your WebBrowser
control is just another control on dialog box, then add
control variable to dialog class, which will be connected to
WebBrowser control. Wizard will create CWnd-derived class to
wrap WebBrowser control. Then, in this class (generated by
wizard) override CWnd::PreTranslateMessage to intercept
keyboard messages.

Stilgar wrote:
> If you guys have another idea on how to do that, rather than
> rerouting the messages, please let me know.

You might try posting in microsoft.public.inetsdk.webbrowser_ctl as well.

-cd

I use the COM object as a control in a dialog-based application. And thanks,
it worked. I tried it before and it didn't, so I don't know what happened
now. Now, I'm leaving only a few WM_KEYDOWN messages to go to the object,
and the rest I'm blanking out. I've tried to send them to the main dialog
holding the control, but with no luck. What's wierd is that when I use
PostMessage it does fire the event, but it's getting caught back in the
WebBrowser object, but when I use SendMessage nothing happenes. What am I
doing wrong? Relevant code attached (CExplorer is the ActiveX's derived
class, which, btw, have in it's header the following warning: Do not modify
the contents of this file. If this class is regenerated by Microsoft Visual
C++, your modifications will be overwritten.).

BOOL CExplorer::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg)
{
 if (pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) {
  if(!(pMsg->wParam==VK_RETURN || pMsg->wParam==VK_LEFT ||
pMsg->wParam==VK_RIGHT
    || pMsg->wParam==VK_UP || pMsg->wParam==VK_DOWN || pMsg->wParam==VK_TAB
|| pMsg->wParam==VK_SPACE || pMsg->wParam==VK_HOME
    || pMsg->wParam==VK_F5 || pMsg->wParam==VK_F1 || pMsg->wParam==VK_END ||
pMsg->wParam==VK_PRIOR  || pMsg->wParam==VK_NEXT)) {
     ::SendMessage(AfxGetMainWnd()->GetSafeHwnd(),WM_KEYDOWN, pMsg->wParam,
0);
     pMsg->wParam=NULL;
    }
 }
 if (pMsg->message==WM_RBUTTONDOWN || pMsg->message==WM_RBUTTONDBLCLK) {
  pMsg->wParam=NULL;
  pMsg->message=NULL;
 }
 return CWnd::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg);
}

Stilgar.

"Alex Blekhman" <tkfx.N05P4M@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Stilgar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an MFC application with the WebBrowser COM object.
>> [...]
>> My question is, how can I reroute the mouse, and more
>> importand keyboard, messages so they are not processed by
>> this object, but by application instead?
>
> If you host it in CHtmlView-derived class, then override
> CHtmlView::OnTranslateAccelerator method. If your WebBrowser control is
> just another control on dialog box, then add control variable to dialog
> class, which will be connected to WebBrowser control. Wizard will create
> CWnd-derived class to wrap WebBrowser control. Then, in this class
> (generated by wizard) override CWnd::PreTranslateMessage to intercept
> keyboard messages.

0
stilgar (21)
10/16/2005 4:22:02 PM
I also tried using
AfxGetMainWnd()->SendMessage(WM_KEYDOWN, pMsg->wParam, 0);

If it makes any difference. Nada.

Stilgar.

"Alex Blekhman" <tkfx.N05P4M@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Stilgar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an MFC application with the WebBrowser COM object.
>> [...]
>> My question is, how can I reroute the mouse, and more
>> importand keyboard, messages so they are not processed by
>> this object, but by application instead?
>
> If you host it in CHtmlView-derived class, then override
> CHtmlView::OnTranslateAccelerator method. If your WebBrowser control is
> just another control on dialog box, then add control variable to dialog
> class, which will be connected to WebBrowser control. Wizard will create
> CWnd-derived class to wrap WebBrowser control. Then, in this class
> (generated by wizard) override CWnd::PreTranslateMessage to intercept
> keyboard messages.

0
stilgar (21)
10/16/2005 4:26:24 PM
Stilgar wrote:
> I also tried using
> AfxGetMainWnd()->SendMessage(WM_KEYDOWN, pMsg->wParam, 0);
>
> If it makes any difference. Nada.

I don't know what exactly is messed up in your application
because in mine example it works perfectly both with
SendMessage and PostMessage. Clearly AfxGetMainWnd returns
wrong window. That's what I call in
CExplorer::PreTranslateMessage

    CWnd* pWnd1 = GetParent();
    CWnd* pWnd2 = ::AfxGetMainWnd();

    HWND hWnd1 = pWnd1->GetSafeHwnd();
    HWND hWnd2 = pWnd2->GetSafeHwnd();

Both functions return the same pointer and naturally it
points to the same object. If you have dialog based
application, then check in your CWinApp derived class'
InitInstance method that you initialize aopp's main window
correctly. For example, that's what I have:

BOOL CSimpleHostApp::InitInstance()
{
    CSimpleHostDlg dlg;
    m_pMainWnd = &dlg;
}

HTH
Alex

get a mac and see if you still have the problem then get a solraris pc
and see if you still have the problem then use youre ps3 for browsing
and if you still have the problem i advise getting a diferent browser
or unistalling all the plug ins un second thought you may wich to folow
my instrutions backwords

and there is a chance that you are not soposed to do it

In my app the two HWNDs really seems to be of the same window, but there is
a difference, for some reason, between SendMessage and PostMessage, as I
posted before. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with calling
the CWnd::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg); in the end of my overrided function.

I also checked on my InitInstance, and it seems normal, exactly as you had
it.

There has to be a simple explanation for this. Is there a way to tell what
window is it that I have a HWND of?

> Stilgar wrote:
>> I also tried using
>> AfxGetMainWnd()->SendMessage(WM_KEYDOWN, pMsg->wParam, 0);
>>
>> If it makes any difference. Nada.
>
> I don't know what exactly is messed up in your application because in mine
> example it works perfectly both with SendMessage and PostMessage. Clearly
> AfxGetMainWnd returns wrong window. That's what I call in
> CExplorer::PreTranslateMessage
>
>    CWnd* pWnd1 = GetParent();
>    CWnd* pWnd2 = ::AfxGetMainWnd();
>
>    HWND hWnd1 = pWnd1->GetSafeHwnd();
>    HWND hWnd2 = pWnd2->GetSafeHwnd();
>
> Both functions return the same pointer and naturally it points to the same
> object. If you have dialog based application, then check in your CWinApp
> derived class' InitInstance method that you initialize aopp's main window
> correctly. For example, that's what I have:
>
> BOOL CSimpleHostApp::InitInstance()
> {
>    CSimpleHostDlg dlg;
>    m_pMainWnd = &dlg;
> }
>
> HTH
> Alex

0
stilgar (21)
10/20/2005 9:33:10 AM
Stilgar wrote:
> In my app the two HWNDs really seems to be of the same
> window, but there is a difference, for some reason,
> between SendMessage and PostMessage, as I posted before.
> I'm starting to think there is something wrong with
> calling the CWnd::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg); in the end
> of my overrided function.
> I also checked on my InitInstance, and it seems normal,
> exactly as you had it.
>
> There has to be a simple explanation for this. Is there a
> way to tell what window is it that I have a HWND of?

Yes, there is Spy++ diagnostic utility, which comes with
MSVC++. Just look in Tools menu.

You should be able to do this by subclassing the appropriate window(its
not CHTMLView). Input it received by another window inside the view as
discussed  by Paul Dilascia here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx

Once you have this, you can essentially do what you would be able to do
with a normal CWnd.

-----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/20/2005 2:54:27 PM
OK, I had a look at my software using Spy++, and things got just more
mysterious. Follows is the description of what I discovered, which is
supported by the attached image.

In the left is an image of a similar WebBrowser host application caught with
Spy++. In the right is my application caught with Spy++ (within the red
frame). It seems as if I'm missing a parent there, but it probably happenes
b/c I'm with a dialog host and the 2nd app uses an HTML view or something.
What's weird is the parent Spy++ points at. I went into Properties of the
last child (Internet Explorer_Server), and there I clicked on the link for
"Parent window". The result is in the properties window down in the right
side of the image. That suggests that a call to GetParent() should result in
having a handle for Shell DocObject View, assuming the wrapper class wraps
the last child. Isn't that the case (and not the same handle as
AfxGetMainWnd() returns)?

And yet, all of this still doesn't explain the difference between
PostMessage and SendMessage in that matter, or whats happening with
PostMessage - although the message is being sent to the main wnd
(::AfxGetMainWnd()) it is recieved and handled by the COM object itself.
Why? Maybe I do need to avoid calling the base class's function for certain
messages after all?

See the image at: http://www.divrei-tora.com/cexplorer.jpg (was too large to
upload)

> Stilgar wrote:
>> In my app the two HWNDs really seems to be of the same
>> window, but there is a difference, for some reason,
>> between SendMessage and PostMessage, as I posted before.
>> I'm starting to think there is something wrong with
>> calling the CWnd::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg); in the end
>> of my overrided function.
>> I also checked on my InitInstance, and it seems normal,
>> exactly as you had it.
>>
>> There has to be a simple explanation for this. Is there a
>> way to tell what window is it that I have a HWND of?
>
> Yes, there is Spy++ diagnostic utility, which comes with MSVC++. Just look
> in Tools menu.

0
stilgar (21)
10/20/2005 8:39:33 PM
Putting aside the warning the author put to this article ("it's really,
really, really bad, and likely to get you in trouble if you aren't
careful"), I've taken similar steps, and it worked. But when I tried to send
the message to the main window something went wrong. Please see my
correspondence with Alex Blekhman above, there I detailed everything I'm
doing there.

Stilgar.

> You should be able to do this by subclassing the appropriate window(its
> not CHTMLView). Input it received by another window inside the view as
> discussed  by Paul Dilascia here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/c/default.aspx
>
> Once you have this, you can essentially do what you would be able to do
> with a normal CWnd.
>
> -----------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
stilgar (21)
10/20/2005 8:40:10 PM
Are you doing this in a DLL? If yes, what type of DLL (MFC Extension or
Regular DLL).

--------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/20/2005 8:57:27 PM
No, I'm hosting the object in a dialog based application with MFC. I've
wrapped it with CExplorer, which is a CWnd derived class, generated by MFC.

Stilgar.

> Are you doing this in a DLL? If yes, what type of DLL (MFC Extension or
> Regular DLL).
>
> --------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
stilgar (21)
10/20/2005 9:11:16 PM
Stilgar wrote:
> In the left is an image of a similar WebBrowser host
> application caught with Spy++. In the right is my
> application caught with Spy++ (within the red frame). It
> seems as if I'm missing a parent there, but it probably
> happenes b/c I'm with a dialog host and the 2nd app uses
> an HTML view or something. What's weird is the parent
> Spy++ points at. I went into Properties of the last child
> (Internet Explorer_Server), and there I clicked on the
> link for "Parent window". The result is in the properties
> window down in the right side of the image. That suggests
> that a call to GetParent() should result in having a
> handle for Shell DocObject View, assuming the wrapper
> class wraps the last child. Isn't that the case (and not
> the same handle as AfxGetMainWnd() returns)?

No, your CExplorer class wraps "Shell Embedding" window. The
rest is internal implementation of WebBrowser control.
CExplorer::GetParent should (and will) return pointer to
hosting dialog window. The same hosting dialog window should
be the one returned by AfxGetMainWnd() function.

> And yet, all of this still doesn't explain the difference
> between PostMessage and SendMessage in that matter, or
> whats happening with PostMessage - although the message
> is being sent to the main wnd (::AfxGetMainWnd()) it is
> recieved and handled by the COM object itself. Why? Maybe
> I do need to avoid calling the base class's function for
> certain messages after all?
> See the image at:
> http://www.divrei-tora.com/cexplorer.jpg (was too large
> to upload)

From the screenshot I can see that main dialog window has
several additional child dialogs. Probably something went
wrong in interaction between them. Try to create new simple
dialog application with hosted WebBrowser control. Then try
your solution there. When it will work, you can
incrementally add other dialogs and discover when it stop
working.

HTH
Alex

I guess that is what I will do. Thanks for your time, and expect my reply
soon.

> Stilgar wrote:
>> In the left is an image of a similar WebBrowser host
>> application caught with Spy++. In the right is my
>> application caught with Spy++ (within the red frame). It
>> seems as if I'm missing a parent there, but it probably
>> happenes b/c I'm with a dialog host and the 2nd app uses
>> an HTML view or something. What's weird is the parent
>> Spy++ points at. I went into Properties of the last child
>> (Internet Explorer_Server), and there I clicked on the
>> link for "Parent window". The result is in the properties
>> window down in the right side of the image. That suggests
>> that a call to GetParent() should result in having a
>> handle for Shell DocObject View, assuming the wrapper
>> class wraps the last child. Isn't that the case (and not
>> the same handle as AfxGetMainWnd() returns)?
>
> No, your CExplorer class wraps "Shell Embedding" window. The rest is
> internal implementation of WebBrowser control. CExplorer::GetParent should
> (and will) return pointer to hosting dialog window. The same hosting
> dialog window should be the one returned by AfxGetMainWnd() function.
>
>> And yet, all of this still doesn't explain the difference
>> between PostMessage and SendMessage in that matter, or
>> whats happening with PostMessage - although the message
>> is being sent to the main wnd (::AfxGetMainWnd()) it is
>> recieved and handled by the COM object itself. Why? Maybe
>> I do need to avoid calling the base class's function for
>> certain messages after all?
>> See the image at:
>> http://www.divrei-tora.com/cexplorer.jpg (was too large
>> to upload)
>
> From the screenshot I can see that main dialog window has several
> additional child dialogs. Probably something went wrong in interaction
> between them. Try to create new simple dialog application with hosted
> WebBrowser control. Then try your solution there. When it will work, you
> can incrementally add other dialogs and discover when it stop working.
>
> HTH
> Alex

0
stilgar (21)
10/23/2005 2:34:22 PM
Stilgar wrote:
> I guess that is what I will do. Thanks for your time, and
> expect my reply soon.

You're welcome.

Purchase Order "Title" and "Required Date" fields in main PO Scree
Purchase Order Selection Screen: Need the description (Title) of the PO to show up on this screen as well as the required date so we can distinguish between PO’s. It would also be handy to have the “Notes” field appear on this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Changing Mouse-Over Description
We have a user requesting when they hover over an activity that it display the Subject and at least part of the Description. I don't know of a way to change the mouseover text. When I mouse-over for an activity, it just displays the full text of whatever you're over. So if you're over the description, it displays the description text. Any Ideas? Maybe this helps: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/17/using-the-attachevent-method-to-show-users-context-sensitive-help.aspx -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://ww...

Label's On Mouse Move Event
I seem to remember some code that would trigger a change in a label's property that would indicate the mouse pointer was over a label and back again when it moved off the label. Can't seem remember or find it anywhere. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, James Set up a couple of temporary text boxes on your form to show the x and y coordinates. move your mouse around and get the lowest and highest values for x and y as they pass over the text box. Write them down and amend the code below for your label. Here is the code: Private Sub Label2_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift ...

Read all Fileds/Columns from an CRM Object
Hallo NG, I have a little porblem with my Application. I try to Show an CheckBoxList with all Columns, which exist in the Object CRM Account or CRM Contact. This is very easy as long the CRM only have standard fileds like name, accountnumber or something. But when the CRM have fileds like CFSManager, I can't use this stanard schema, because this filed also schould be show. So is there any possibility, to get the all fileds, which an CRM Object has via Web Serivce or Database? Thanks for help, Andre Grumbach Andre, The p_GetEntityAttributes 'entity' stored procedure (in the Met...

Mouse wheel
I work in Microsoft Visual Basic (write macro for excel) and the wheel of my mouse don't work on the page so I can't move the page up and down by the mouse wheel. Any one know how can I operate it? Thanks, shlomit It is a problem with the Version 5 Microsoft Intellimouse drivers, you can revert to Version 4. Third party options, FreeWheel http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html VBScroll http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Shlomit" <Shlomit@discussions.mic...

mouse does not work on Start items
When I open the list under the start button, often, the choices (web sites, Microsoft Update) do not light up in blue and the mouse is ineffective. Then suddenly, it works again and next stops again. Otherwise, the mouse works fine. Any odeas? Thank you JB On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 09:17:44 +0200, "Jorge Bravo" <abc@here.com> wrote: >When I open the list under the start button, often, the choices (web sites, >Microsoft Update) do not light up in blue and the mouse is ineffective. >Then suddenly, it works again and next stops again. Otherwise, th...

BankAmericaChecking.com
I wish every American would visit BankAmericaChecking.com The site is very educational. Saddly the domain name is for sale at tdnam.com. ...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

Message rerouting
Hello I have two Exchange 2003 SP1 servers, everyone with own connection to the Internet (via SMTP connectors) and a RG connector between them. Internet link in Site 1 is 128 kbit, in Site 2 1 Mbit and the connection between sites is 1 Mbit. Though the cost of RG conn. is 1 and the cost of SMTP conn is Site 1 is 10, sometimes messages are routed through this slow 128 link instead of RG conn and then second SMTP conn. via 1 mbit link. Are there any ways to manually reroute messages to the proper (RG) connector instead of waiting while they will be sent out? Thanks, Gera ...

Mouse over effect on autoshape
The line chart hilite effect is really great (especially on a black bacground, thanks Andy ). http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/comment/635/ Does anyone know how one would modify it so that you for example have an autoshape the same colour as the line on the chart and when you mouse over it it lights up (hilites, it really is a great effect) the line on the chart? The other effect I would really love to achieve is a similar effect with the pie chart where when you mouse over a slice, it's border hilites in the same way as the line on the line chart. Thanks again, kind regards, M...

Event sink map in non CDialog object?
I think I'm probably asking a very stupid question here, but is it possible to have a generic object (base class CObject) respond to the events of an ActiveX control? That is, to have an event sink map? If so does anyone have an example class or some code to declare this please? I want to encapsulate a 'conversation' with a modem through a comm port, so that all the dialog has to do is say something like modem.sendmessage(strMessage); and the modem object does all of the work. but because my modem class is not a subclass of CDialog, the statement BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP(CModem...

Rerouting e-mail
Does anyone have some working VBscript/WS Script code that I can use to route e-mails to certain folders as they come in? I want to do this based on characteristics such as from address, etc. This would be a mini-filter sort of thing. I appreciate any help with this. Thanks! Dave Have you tried using the Rules Wizard for this? It's a lot simpler than writing code "Microchip" <google@davegrund.com> wrote in message news:1125634291.927152.243560@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have some working VBscript/WS Script code that I can use to > route e-ma...

http//www.microsoft.com/emea/Office2007beta/9/
Har fått en ny version av nya office 2007 av Pc för all med omöjligt att komma fram på ovanstående adress för id:nr Kan jag få hjälp med detta? ...

change subreport source object
I've posted this previously but can't locate it! Is something crazy going on with the forum? Access 2003/Win 2000 I'm trying to get this to work: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.srptPKPhysicalAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "PhysicalAttributes" Me.srptPKMaterialAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "MaterialAttributes" Me.srptPKFinishingAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "FinishingAttributes" Me.srptPKPerforma...

Excel Object Hyperlinking Failure Issue
Working with Excel 2003, I have a customer who can place a hyperlink onto a cell value, and be able to follow the hyperlink. However, when they attach a hyperlink to an object (Autoshape etc) the hyperlink hangs, and fails showing a never end hour glass. Any suggestions? Is this a property setting somewhere? ...

IMC rerouting
Hello, In our exchange site we just configured a second server as IMC ( fall-back). What do we have to do to be sure that when the first one " crashes" the new one ( fall-back) becomes the dafault one autonmatically. While when this happen during the night, nobody is there to reconfigure anyrthing. Thanks for any help Mitsi "mitsi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In our exchange site we just configured a second server as >IMC ( fall-back). >What do we have to do to be sure that when the first one " >crashes" the new one ( fa...

right mouse click
I have installed Office XP under Windows 2000 Everything was working fine but suddenly (after installing some add in's) I cannot use the right mouse click anymore in Excel. In all other office applications it is still working but in Excel it doesn't do anything. I closed all add in's again and even de-install and installed office again. Only when I start excel up in "Safe" mode I can use the right click on my mouse again. Anyone any idea? For me, one that did that would find itself uninstalled as fast as I could LEFT-click Tools/Addins... In article <0bdd01c...

Display Count of records from subform on Main form
I need to show a count of records for doc on main form. Doc info is on main form and list of pts is on subform. I have entered an unbound text box on the main form and have tried DCount, ABSSum and Count all I get is 0. This is what I have entered: =DCount([ID]) or ABS(Sum([myfrom].[ID]) and =Count([ID]). Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Thank you. Try it this way: Create a query with the needed table. Add the id-field to the grid. Total it by Count. Save the query and on the form you place an unbound field. In VBA you can do a Dlookup for the one field in the q...

outlook doesn't delete msgs from server and sends replies from wrong account
outlook has been running fine up to a week ago when it started leaving messages on the mail server and sending replie messages from a second email account (not the one originally sent from). i do not have the option for leave messages on the server on and the email account outlook wants to reply with (the wrong one) isn't the default. are there settings somewhere i can update to correct this? i'm running outlook 2003, sp2. tks Have you tried removing & readding the account? "Dica" <genpub5@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:EmaQg.33795$E67.8396@clgrps13....

Why is my tab key moving my cursor from column A to column k?
In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet. From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!! Turn off Lotus 1-2-3 Transition options Tools, Options, Transition (tab), turn off all transition options --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvp...

Marking found records in Workbook A from Target List in Workbook B
From Target List in Workbook B column A, (Activity ID), I need to yellow shade column A (Activity ID), in workbook A for any matching Activity ID's. .. Detail : Workbook B, has first to be cleaned up by deleting the first 5 rows and deleting any remaining rows that have empty cells in column A, through the last row. .. Workbook A : fields definition (Maximum 2,000 records) A B C Activity ID Activity Description Other data .. Target List in Workbook B : fields definition (Maximum 50 records) A B Activi...

zoinky420@yahoo.com

Sent msgs not saved in Sent Mail folder
2 of our employees using Outlook 2000 & Win98SE have just started to have problems with Outlook no longer saving sent messages in the Sent Mail folder. Yes, that option is selected under Advanced Options. We have also turned the option off, exited, restarted Outlook, turned it back on, and still experience the same problem. Does not appear to be every message, but cannot yet find a pattern of which messages. Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks ...

IMC rerouting #4
Hello, In our exchange site we just configured a second server as IMC ( fall-back). What do we have to do to be sure that when the first one " crashes" the new one ( fall-back) becomes the dafault one autonmatically. While when this happen during the night, nobody is there to reconfigure anyrthing. Thanks for any help Mitsi ...

COM Writing Problem: Dead COM?
My code has worked in the past, but now it does not. I can open a COM Port using CreateFile, and the handle is valid. GetCommState is successful. SetCommState is successful. GetCommTimeouts is successful. SetCommTimeouts is successful. Next, I try to write to the COM Port using WriteFile, but it returns FALSE and GetLastError = Error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Is there some way to reset the COM Port? I have tried rebooting as well as enabling/disabling the COM Port, but nothing seems to work! Did I damage the COM Port? FYI: This is on a Pocket PC where the...