Repost: Help! Problem with ActiveX control

I originally posted this over a month ago in the mfcole group and then a
month ago to this group.  I've gotten no response and I really need a
solution.  I am hoping that someone can duplicate this problem, offer a
solution, or possibly point me to a specific example that actually works...

 I have a problem that is related to having an asynchronous
property in a an ActiveX control that is used on a web page. If you build
the MFC ActiveX Control App Wizard project and put it on a page, no
problem--IE will load up and the "Opening page..." message will go away and
the progress bar clears. Add an asynchronous property as per Microsoft's
documentation at...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_internet_first_steps.3a_.activex_controls.asp

....(accounting too for the example code not properly calling
<property name>.SetControl(this) in the control's constructor) and you will
find that IE will start showing "Opening page..." and keep saying it. It
never thinks it's done loading, even though my logging clearly shows that
all of the right code is run and the data is downloaded. I've tried calling
InternalSetReadyState( READYSTATE_COMPLETE ) from both in the property's
OnDataAvailable() and in the control's DoPropExchange() and I cannot make
this problem go away.

Is there from guru of MS MVP out there with ideas?

TIA,
Adrian

0
adrian9433 (21)
1/19/2004 3:42:25 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Help on Label Designer
I need help to design the label on label designer I know how to design label like Reg Price 4.99 Sale Price 3.99 But I need to ad on bottom of label You save $1. How I do it. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill You could sacrafice an unused field like MSRP and run a SQL statement to set the field like: update item set msrp=price-saleprice the that amout would be available to the label to display however you format it. "Gill" wrote: > > I need help to design the label on label designer > I know how to design label like Reg Price 4.99 Sale Price 3.99 But I need > to a...

Help for best Relay configuration
Hallo, I have an exchange 2003, and manage about 60 internet e-mail domains. - all the 60 domains, must receive e-mails from all internet domains. - all the user cannot use this server for send email, but they must use smtp server of their internet provider. Only one e-mail domain (about 15 user with an well-known Ip address) can use this server for send e-mail. I have some problem with some spammers because i have open relay. If i set the access relay only for the know ip address (see above), external domain that try to send message to one of the user of these 60 domains receive error &q...

HELP!!!!!! Please
Hi. I have a emergency!! When I want to save a new lead, I receive an error that says "Can't be inserted a Duplicated Record". The Leads database is empty. I don't know what to do ... Somebody please help me ... Thanks. -- MCP SBS 2003 Have you installed the rollup 2 ? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81674da5-ffef-492a-a7b1-7e1f1951b05f&DisplayLang=en /Aamir Yes, I did. -- MCP SBS 2003 "Aamir" wrote: > Have you installed the rollup 2 ? > > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81674da5-...

repost; Automatically updating formulae in multiple sheets
I list sales of 20+ products each week for the year A2-A23 are the products and B-BA are the colums for each week I have multiple sheets that have the same sales results in the same format foreach previous year 2004;2003;2002;2001;2000 Each week I want to compare total sales in the year to date i.e weeks 1-20 with weeks 1-20 in each previous year. so next week it will be 1-21. I have on each sheet a cumulative total for each of the 20 products in the year to date i.e Cell A25=SUMB2:BA2 and Cell A26=SUMB3:BA3 and so on for each product. This means each week I have to alter the formula in C...

Rules Problem
I have a user who has 32 rules set up in Outlook, mostley to move emails from the Inbox to other folders in his mailbox. The rules have suddenly stopped working automatically. Now the user has to go into his rules and select "Run Rules Now" and everything works correctly. This is a remote user so I haven't been able to put my eyes on the issue yet. Any ideas of what I could have him try. I've already told him to delete and recreate any rules he has recently modified.... Try checking this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886616/en-us "SilverICE" <Si...

Problem with Outlook
When opening a new message, there is no send key. Send/Receive doesn't work. We have XP and Outlook 2002. We think the problem began when we downloaded Earthlink's new anti-spam email program. It looks just like Outlook. We think it corrupted or removed files. The Earthlink program is gone but we still can't get Outlook to work correctly. Another problem is that we have tried to remove Outlook completely from the system. To do this, we have to un- install XP Small Office. This didn't solve the problem so we have since gone into the sub-directories and erased ...

Help #37
People cannot reply to my E-mails, they have to always type my E-mail in every time, how can I reprogram my E-mail into Outlook Express? And keep my font permanently on Arial Narrow. >-----Original Message----- >People cannot reply to my E-mails, they have to always type my E-mail in=20 >every time, how can I reprogram my E-mail into Outlook Express? And keep my=20 >font permanently on Arial Narrow.=20 > > >. > Outlook Express is not a part of MS Office. You will have a better chance of getting help at: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=...

I keep getting content protection enabled on my calendar. help.
When I enter an appointment in my calendar it changes to "content protection enabled" and I can no longer read the appointment. How do it stop this? ...

Help With Template Please
Hi this is what i am trying to do, i own a sign company and am trying to make the invoicing and job pricing a bit easier but ive come up against a few snags. 1. i wish to make a quotation sheet with a couple of boxes to enter data in such as height and width for a sign, this is simple if the customers give me the data in feet and inches and they want one type of substrate. But customers being what they are, give me details of sizes in feet and inches, metres, centimetres and millimetres, what i need is to be able to put the number in each of the boxes for width and height eg 6 ft by 4f...

Set ActiveX properties in HTML
Hi, I created an ActiveX control which has two DISP_PROPERTY_EX type properties, one is called "Server", BSTR, the other is "Port" ,short. This ActiveX control is embedded in a webpage, but when I use <PARAM NAME="Server" VALUE="Server Name"> <PARAM NAME="Port" VALUE=1234> to set the properties, there is a warning message pops up: "An ActiveX control on this page might be ussafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?". And I click "yes" but the Set_Server and Set_Port me...

help with formulas please
can any one give me the formula to work out what time it took to do X miles at an average speed of Y? Thanks Jon If the X miles is 100 and the average speed is 30 miles per hour, the time is 100 / 30 = 3.3333 hours. Therefore, the Excel formula is =100/30 Tyro "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47828cc4$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > can any one give me the formula to work out what time it took to do X > miles at an average speed of Y? > > Thanks > > Jon > > Sorted Thanks Jon "Tyro" <Tyro@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Pls help me !
Hello there! Greeting to all. Problems with creating a Bar Chart like this. (Pls refer to file attached; BarChrat123.xls) How can I have 2 bars(TypeA & TypeB) on a single month (eg: Jan-Jul and all the firgures or number of items within the portion of the bar? NOTE: BarChart123.xls only show a single bar with the details of item in a month. Do I need to modify my table? or something else?!! Thank you very much davidiew Reply to this email address: rentashop@hotmail.com Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Repost
I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here so I apologize if it has already been answered. I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS send an email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check for Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your office products are up to date". Thanks for reading. Hi Robin, I have the following URL to view, nothing more. http://officebeta.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx I rea...

need help- count w/ multiple criteria
--------------752C968DC7D28F3A2ED980B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here's a snippet of my data source TEAM MANAGED OPENED TROUBLE_TICKET_ID MAG Y 4/10/2004 5:30 1253992 MAG Y 4/13/2004 5:18 1253984 MAG Y 4/12/2004 5:08 1253979 MAG Y 4/11/2004 14:10 1253953 MAG N 4/13/2004 3:59 1253947 PWS N 4/13/2004 3:33 1253926 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:59 1253883 IPT N 4/13/2004 2:45 1253871 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:33 1253865 IPT N 4/13/2004 ...

help with signatures
I would like to know how to combine a .jpg and text to form a signature, I have tried several ways to no success. I am trying to combine my company logo and some text to use on all my out going mail. I am using office 2000 Ron ukwildcat@charter.net ...

budget problem in money 2004
I'm a user on money 98 for user and decided to upgrade to 2004 to use sync with pocket pc ... I've installed money 2004 but I could not setup a budget ... the budgeted ammouts get corrupted and I cannot recover ... I've decided to go back to 98 ... I've seen a lot of messages about this problem here ... ISN'T MICROSOFT DOING ANYTHING TO FIX THIS BUG ????????? Tough to say for sure, but past performance would suggest not. SHOUTING at us is unlikely to make a difference. Opening a $upport ca$e directly with Micro$oft and hitting them where it hurt$ might be more effect...

probleme to open excel document
hi when i open my excel documents, the excel 2003 run but the document don't show in the screen. and when i try to open the document by file - open - choose th document, it's open successefuly i have reinstall office 2003 and it's same. :( please help me -- hamz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hamza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27189 hazma Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General u...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Help with a formula
I'm trying to create a formula to do the following, can someone please help?? I want to take the sum of B25 & B26 and divide that sum by the sum of B40 & B41 divided by 2. On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:23:01 -0800, mom2hallie <mom2hallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to create a formula to do the following, can someone please help?? > >I want to take the sum of B25 & B26 and divide that sum by the sum of B40 & >B41 divided by 2. Try one of these, depending on if it is the sum of B40 and B41 that should be divided by 2 or i...

Help!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I was typing in Word. It froze. I waited about 10 minutes and shut down the computer. When I rebooted the computer, I could no longer open ANY Mactopia files (Word and Excel). HELP!!! I am a teacher and my gradebook as well as many worksheets are inaccessible!! THANKS!!! On Apr 24, 1:57 am, Elean...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > I was typing in Word. It froze. I waited about 10 minutes and shut down the computer. When I rebooted ...

macro help 12-23-09
Hi, i need a macro to look in column B for a date ( 12/01 ) and then to add the date to column A till last filled cell in A. EX: (this is now) A B 12/01 1 07:53:20 2 07:53:21 3 07:53:22 4 08:01:21 5 08:01:31 6 08:01:32 12/02 8 08:01:36 9 08:01:38 10 08:14:04 11 08:14:09 Ex: (after macro) 12/01 01.12.2009 07:53:20 01.12.2009 07:53:21 01.12.2009 07:53:22 01.12.2009 08:01:21 01.12.2009 08:01:31 01.12.2009 08:01:32 12/02 02.12.2009 08:01:36 02.12.2009 08:01:38 02.12.2009 08:14:04 02.12.2009 08:14...

Problem with pasting special merged cells to merged cells
I see several posts on this topic but none recently and I have yet to find a solution. I am pasting special from a cell that consists to two merged cells to another cell in the same row that also consists of two merged cells. The columns are labeled Previous Month's Total and Current Month's Total so you can see what I'm trying to do. Interestingly, the problem seems to occur only when I'm doing a paste special Values. I have to do Values because the cell in the Current Month's Total contains an equation which I do not want to move to the cell in the Previous Mon...

help in lookup
Hi, I have a worksheet that updates positions for the stocks traded everyday and calculates the profit.For every stock traded I have two rows of data.I need help in summing up enter and exit positions.Here is the format of the data. Date stock name entryqty entry price exit qty exit price qty_close 01/7/2004 buy Microsoft 10 5 o 02/7/2004 sell Microsoft 0 0 10 6 0 the idea is to check if the stock has been sold from a different sheet ,then check the qty at entry in the active sheet,check the qty at ...

Outlook & OWA Language problem
We have a client running Outlook 2003 and IE 6 for OWA. Both clients have the inbox (and several other folders) in spanish. It should be in english. Have checked the local machines for different languages. (yes this happens on every machine she logs into and at home using OWA). We have already run: outlook.exe /ResetFolders outlook.exe /ResetFolderNames These switches did nothing. We also did a repair on the Office 2003 install, uninstalled office and reinstalled it...Still the same. The exchange servers do have anti-virus software running but it's not effecting the other 48,000+ users. ...

my excel files on a floppy disk seem to have disappeared. Help?
I have been using a disk to save my excel files. When I put my disk in and clicked to open the a: drive - I got a message that said my disk may not be formatted or may be formatted for MacIntosh. What happened to my files and is there any way to get them back? DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RECOVER THIS YOURSELF!!!!!!! it has been my experience that all you will accomplish is overwriting any recoverable data and forever losing your work. don't let your = friend/lover/geek friend attempt it. instead, assuming you want to actually recover the = data, take it to a disk recovery spec...