Rename ActiveX control #2

Hi, I have an old ActiveX control that has been modified significantly for
one of my applications.  Unfortunately, another application that uses the
ActiveX cannot be recompiled to use the modified ActiveX control and want to
rename the modified control which my application will use.  I remember years
back that there were steps to do this.  Does anyone know the steps to do this
or where I can find them?
0
Tom7430 (437)
6/6/2007 4:18:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This might help you get started:

http://www.developer.com/net/vb/article.php/10926_1539541_4

Tom

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an old ActiveX control that has been modified significantly for
> one of my applications.  Unfortunately, another application that uses the
> ActiveX cannot be recompiled to use the modified ActiveX control and want
> rename the modified control which my application will use.  I remember
> years
> back that there were steps to do this.  Does anyone know the steps to do
> this
> or where I can find them?

0
tom.nospam (3240)

Medical CDs
Medical CDs - [Part 1], [Part 2], [Part 3 = MEDLINE 1986-1998] CDs, [Part 4 = Dragon Naturally Speaking CDs, and IBM Via Voice CDs, including Medical Solutions], [Part 5 = Math Solving, and Statistics Porgrams], [Part 6 = Various - Medical Cliparts, Medical Photodiscs, Medical Imaging Suites] buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, 2005/09/03 Vilppu Studio Pelvis Anatomy DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Lower Leg Anatomy DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Proportion DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Feet...

Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard after SP1 #2
Hi... I have been progressively migrating multiple domains from an old failing server to a new 2003 server. This has been working fine. The method I was using was to locate all the users in a domain and use the wizard to export to file. Then from the new 2003 server I would import from the files, and activate the accounts and a few settings, and all went well. Now after SP1. This process fails. The new accounts created on the new server come in with no account name information. When I place the account name, reset the password I still cannot access the account. When I try to access the acc...

Address Book? #2
When Import 40 into the address book , but it just shows 30. Why Explain what you mean. Outlook has no address book, and the address book view of the Contacts Folder has no import option. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Leon Chan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4d2001c52208$e1e57040$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When Import 40 into the address book , but it just shows > 30. Why ...

Control End
The keyboard shortcut Control-End is supposed to move the active cell to the bottom right cell which corresponds to the last used row and column in the worksheet. This seems to work only if I don't shrink the worksheet due to deleting data, etc. Then Control-End moves me still to a location which was used before but does not correspond to the actually used last row/column. ??? If you delete data by highlighting and pressing the <delete> key, this does not reset where Excel thinks the last used cell is. You should highlight the rows and Edit | Delete (same with any unused column...

Problem downloading Activex control
I wrote an Activex control with VS 2003.net and included it in my web page. I built a .cab file with just the .ocx and .ini files (no supporting DLL's as yet - the test machines already have the needed DLL's). The first time I tried to auto download it worked fine, the control was downloaded and registered. Since then it will not work. (I retry by unregistering with RegSvr32 and deleting the .ocx file from the target machine.) Every time I try, it tells me that there is no signature (which is right) and I tell it to do it anyway. Then IE puts up a box saying that the file "Ps...

conditional formatting ? #2
I need to have the spreadsheet I'm working on reflect if clients revenues or collections have dropped for 3 consecutive months in a row. I need to somehow flag this where executives can see when there is a downward trend. The columns that these stats are in are G & H and the way they'd set this spreadsheet up is each month goes down the spreadsheet example is: client name month/04 sales rep and so on John Doe may-04 brad $39330.00 goes down with all may stats and few lines are skipped before beginning next month and so on. John Doe june-04 brad ...

PUrchase Order Receive #2
Hi, I need some help, DOes any on know if it is possible to disable the user to change item quatities , when they receive a Purchse Order Thank you for your help Have you tried field level security? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sergio López" wrote: > Hi, > I need some help, > DOes any on know if it is possible to disable the user to change item > quatities , when they receive a Purchse Order > &g...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Page setup tool on Reportviewer control
Hi i am using sql server reporting services2008. I am not able to attach the page setup on the reportviewer control. i want to give the page setup option. if user wants to change from portrait to landscape or vice versa. any one can telll me about this issue?? Thanks in advance ...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

ActiveX Contros
I wrote a HTML email and in the code I put an .SWF object (a little Flash movie). In order to test I sent the email to myself, however, I get the message that "Some ActiveX controls could not be displayed", because, either my security settings do not allow ActiveX, or, I blocked the sender. The place of the object shows as an empty border. I did add the address I sent it from to my "Safe" list, so I suspect it has something to do with my security settings. Has anyone got any idea how I can set WLM to allow ActiveX content? By the way, I use Windows 7 Ul...

Control Tab from Combo box- format control missing!!
I cannot change the input range and cell link within the format control option of a combo box. Does anyone know why this control tab is missing? Many thanks You should use a combo box from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control Toolbox toolbar to see what you expect. Otherwise, right click the Control Toolbox combo box, pick Properties, and enter the ListFillRange and LinkedCell properties. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mo" <Mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA27F5C9-9500-47F9-A814-94714F7B840F@microsoft.com... |I cannot change the input range and cell ...

Unsafe Attachments #2
How do you stop OE from removing so called unsafe attachments BOb Robert Brown wrote: > How do you stop OE from removing so called unsafe attachments BOb have you never heard of Google? this must be the MOST ASKED question in HISTORY. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.om...

Using ActiveX Control in Dialog
Well, this is really irritating. I can insert a Windows Media Player ActiveX control in my MFC dialog box. And I can change properties in the properties window. And I can also add a variable associated with it, which must be of type COcx1, which appears to be a generic ActiveX class with nothing specific to Windows Media Player. Searching the Web, I found numerous references to the MFC Class Wizards, which would automatically create wrapper classes for me for any ActiveX control. The problem: All such references were for older versions of Visual Studio and the current version seems to...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

CRM MS-03-030 Microsoft CRM Applications Professional R1.2
Just to let everyone know if they weren't up to speed with the new exams. Exam is 90 minutes long, you get 45 questions. You need to answer at least 31 questions correct. The percent needed for a pass is 68% - The Test your Knowledge part from the courseware is extremly good, questions are very similar to the exam. I passed yesterday with 88%. Onwards and upwards - The Customizatoin Exam next!! Cheers Mick Partners may refer to: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/training/certifications/ Non Partners: You can contact mbs-cert@microsoft.com to request an Exam Prepa...

runtime error '429' activex component can't create object
We recently moved to "visual studio 2008" . Our addin workd find on our development machine which has Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. When we create the installation package and install onto a machine with only Excel 2003 we get the "runtime error '429' activex component can't create object". Any ideas please. Thanks in advance "Bill" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF6A5977-6C1A-45E9-A6A0-CB72D405D394@microsoft.com... > We recently moved to "visual studio 2008" Please do not post questions relating to Visual Studio 2...

Office v. X 10.1.2 Update Problem! Can't find office installation
Hello, i know that there are many other postings regarding the update problem but all the tipps provided didn't solve my problem. If i run the "Office v. X 10.1.2 Update" the installer says that Office is not installed on my machine but this is not true. I tried the following with various tries of starting the update again: - Start the disk / permission util - Renamed the Office folder to "/Applications/Office" - Moved the Office folder to "/Office" - Removed the network plug I reinstalled the Office a couple of times and also reinstalled the whole OS X 10...

Mail Merging 2 sided 4 up postcards with Excel data
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel data. On the front I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2+1,A2-1): Front ...

2 companies 1 exchange
Hi Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003 server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is possible, how will users at the site without the exchange be authenticated? Tomppa Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888 Leif "Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Od7F%23foBHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003 > server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is > possible, ho...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

ActiveX Control calling an ASP page.
I have an ActiveX control embedded in a Web Page. I would like to submit information to my web server (an ASP page) via my control. Data to be sent is composed of 18 intergers. Any ideas? (without funneling the control's property data to elements on the hosting page and forwarding that to the server ala OnSubmit().) ...

Opening Email #2
I am using "owa" to log into my email at work. Only on my home computer, once I log in, I can get into my email box, move from box to box, i.e., sent, draft, etc., however, if I click on an email to read it nothing happens. And interestingly enough I can check and email and delete it, but I can't read it. Any thoughts on what he problem is? This just started yesterday, prior to this everything was fine Thanks, John ...

Tab control grows spontaneously
Hope this is the appropriate newsgroup. If not, please advise (.. and it may be a Windows or video adapter problem) Client pointed out a problem that has existed with several forms for several years, but never bothered to inform me. Only a recent on-site visit revealed the problem. Application is developed in A97, and only recently updated to A2003 (problem exists in both versions). The problem is not present on my primary development machine (notebook) or checking machine (CRT display). It *is* present on two of the customer's desktop computers (LCD panel), but not on another desktop co...

How can I can add "graphite light att" font 2 my home xp?
I transferred a Publisher file from one computer (ME) to a new computer (XP home ed). Both computers use MS office 2000. When I re-open that file now (on the XP computer), a box pops up indicating the font type is unknown and the status as being unavailable. Therfore the embedded font - "graphite light att" is modified to another font. I want too keep the original font! How do I get this font uploaded to my XP computer so the font on my document remains? Copy the font from your old computer on a floppy or whatever, install it on your new computer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http...