Regular MFC dll

I created an MFC regular dll with MFC statically linked
using MFC Appwizard(dll) and then I compiled the code
generated by the AppWizard without adding any code.

I got the these compile errors

Compiling resources...
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\shobjidl.h(9419) :
error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IXMLDOMDocument'
c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\shobjidl.h(9528) :
error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IXMLDOMDocument'
Error executing cl.exe.

How can I reomve these error.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)
12/17/2003 2:16:56 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

missing wab dll first time using outlook 2000
while trying to install outlook 2000 for the first time I get a missing dll file message. A computer search did not turn up any wab file. I have a new phone (droid) I am trying to set up a sync with it from outlook Applies to Vista and Windows 7 when it comes to this *.wab error See the following about Outlook 2000 and missing *.wab http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "airport mark" <airport mark@discussions.microsoft.c...

MFC and scope
Hi, I'm working on a program where I want to have data stored in a class for the entire program. Where should I call my class from in MFC so it doesn't go out of scope until the program quits? Thanks you don't call it from 'in mfc'. mfc is a library of classes that you call to build your application. if you want something to be accessible from everywhere in your application it has to be a global variable. "Bryan" <kashmir76@rogers.com> wrote in message news:GXnDc.68$aTP1.47@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hi, I'm working on a progra...

Static lib versus DLL anomaly
I have an app that works fine when compiled Debug using MFC as a static lib but barfs when compiled Debug and using MFC as a DLL. Here is the short method with the challenge: void ChallengeDlg::OnSetStartButton() { SYSTEMTIME s; calendar.GetCurSel(&s); startDate = s; setEndButton.EnableWindow(true); setStartButton.EnableWindow(false); // desensitize button } It gags on an ASSERT in the assignment operator of the CTime object. startDate is a CTime object. The specific assertion is that the day value of that struct is >1 and <= 31. Anyone have an idea on this one? -Mark...

Regular Survey
I know I can do it individually or I could delete the whole survey but I currently have a regular monthly survey which I send out via MOSS which has over 100 responses and I don't want to delete one by one ready for next month. Any ideas? ...

Sinking MS Access form events from MFC console app
Hi All, I'm trying to sink MS Access form events using technique described in <<HOW TO: Handle Events for Excel by Using Visual C++ .NET (http://www.kbalertz.com/Q309301/Handle.Events.Excel.Using.Visual.aspx)>> Of course I did do all the needed code substitutions etc. All works rather well, I mean I'm getting to MS Access form IConnectionPointContainer etc. But the last code line - hr = m_pConnectionPoint->Advise(m_pAppEventListener,&m_dwConnectionCookie); doesn't work and returns hr = -2147220990. Here is MS Access form events interface ID I use: const II...

How to install Unidrv.dll programmatically
Hi I am writing a printer driver + monitor. I have created a programs that install my printer driver. How do I trigger the need of Windows printer components like unidrv.dll...? I know in an inf you invoke need=... How do I do the same programmatically? Did you find the solution to this problem? Does AddPrinterDriver() address the issue? -Jason "Denis @ TheOffice" wrote: > Hi I am writing a printer driver + monitor. > I have created a programs that install my printer driver. > How do I trigger the need of Windows printer components like unidrv.dl...

Creating a console window in MFC
I'm writing a MFC application. How could I also create a console window so that I can use printf to output debug messages? Thanks. Why don't u use TRACE/OutputDebugString methods ? It will write your messages to the Output Window .... "Leesei" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:edmLrK0uEHA.3352@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm writing a MFC application. > How could I also create a console window so that I can use printf to output > debug messages? > Thanks. > > I know of these functions but I would like to print the info in Release ...

crmaddin.dll and duplicity of contacts
Is the following scenario possible? - SFO user goes offline. He is in a hurry, so he aborts the sync process. - The user is back in the office again. He can´t use SFO, so the administrator takes away and adds back again the crmaddin.dll (in Outlook, Tools, Options,...COM add-ons) - all Contacts from Outlook Contact Folder are imported into MS CRM and makes duplicity records - the user doesn´t do absolutely nothing - duplicity records are imported only with some data (name, middle name, mobile phone,...), data in user defined fields are not imported, boolean user defined fields ...

Need MFC Rulers
I have the need to some simple rulers (horizontally and vertically) for my application. One thing that is a bit non-standard is that I need to have the rulers scroll with the view. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm Jonathan Wood wrote: > I have the need to some simple rulers (horizontally and vertically) for my > application. One thing that is a bit non-standard is that I need to have the > rulers scroll with the view. > > Can anyone ...

Regular Periodic Reports
I have a Db that records the various projects that I work on throughout my workweek and I want to be able to report to my boss a summary of the types of activities I've done over the course of various lengths of time. Without reverting to a parameter query and typing in date ranges all the time, how can I generate a weekly reporting tool that will cover only the current week, with a heading saying something to the effect of "…for the Week Ending February 2, 2008" as an example? I would like to be able to do the same for the previous week, the current month, the previous m...

ErrorLink2202 When Using MFC
error LNK2022: metadata operation failed I was using DirectShow(Vidoe Capture) and MFC when I meet with thi error. The IDE is VS2003. how to deal with it? TH - Tog ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Printer installed through Printui.dll not recognized by Publisher
Here is the scenario: Lab PC's around campus have their printers installed for all users using the printui.dll install command. I am able to print from all the different programs on the machines (word, excel, IE, powerpoint, etc.) except Publisher 2002 SP3. Everytime I go to print I get the error: "Please choose another printer. Publisher cannot find the printer "\\printserver\printer" for this publication. To select a different printer, click OK. To return to publisher now, click cancel." Under the printersetup, it shows the printers installed and lets ...

MFC and database
Hi All, I am writing a software application that executes 24/7. While running, there is a need to collect production data [realtime] in a database so that later it can be sent to a server [PC] and be graphed. The software on the PC expects the data to be in SQL. I am coding with eMbedded Visual C++ and using of course Win CE 3.0. What technologies do I need to use to accomplish this task ? OLEDB ? ... Do I need Windows CE SQL Server or something similar ? I also need to synchronize my data with the server (PC) that would be running Windows 2K... In summary, the questions are: 1) What sho...

Board Regular
Joined: 27 Sep 2005 Posts: 8 Flag: Blank Status: Online how to use the drop down list Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:42:48 -0500 Message-ID: <nader.1w3lia_1127959504.677@excelforum-nospam.com> Organization: ExcelTip User-Agent: ExcelTipForum X-Newsreader: ExcelTipForum X-Originating-IP: 213.178.253.2 how to use the drop down list I got it from -Data | Validation | Settings- and I limite the cells and then the data in the cells show in the list but I dont know how to active with worksheet, and what use the drop down list may example pleas -- nader ------------------------------...

Windows mediaplayer AX ctrl does not work properly under MSVS7/MFC
Hi Guys Here is problem that a can't resolve! :( I worked under MSVC 7 (MSVS 2003) I have a control m_VidePlayer( Windows MediaPlayer ActiveX ), its added to dialog by MFC wizard But if dialog initialized not all members of m_VidePlayer filled correctly, such as m_hWnd, and some methods does not work such as GetWindowRect(). But in any case m_VideoPlayer is visible and work OK and under MSVS6(VC) all OK. What it's mean Could you please help me ASAP Eugene Khikhlovsky ...

mfc!!!????!!!
E' vero che microsoft intende non sviluppare pi� per i compilatori (vecchi) e supportare solo la nuova tecnologia .NET???? ???????? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ernix" <ernesto_zema@sifree.it> wrote in message news:ss6sc05ldg73bddqflp326f9lfibdn5h39@4ax.com... > E' vero che microsoft intende non sviluppare pi� per i compilatori > (vecchi) e supportare solo la nuova tecnologia .NET???? > In article <ss6sc05ldg73bddqflp326f9lfibdn5h39@4ax.com>, ernesto_zema@sifree.it says... > E' vero che microsoft intende non sviluppare p...

MFC and services
Hi, the MSDN mentiones at some places difficulties when MFC-apps are run as services, e.g. misbehaving of common controls and so on. Some workarounds are shown but the essence seems to be: don't run MFC-apps as services. Is this also true if I use a tool similar to the infamous SRVANY.EXE (from back of the days of NT4)? I mean: can a service (after supplying Winsta0 & Desktop with appropriate ACEs) that launches an MFC app come around all the difficulties? The launched MFC-app starts on winsta0\desktop, runs under appropriate user account, has HKCU reg key loaded, what can go...

regular maintenance
We recently started using Great Plains and our VAR didn't do a very good job of training. Is there a list maintenance tasks that need to be performed at regular intervals and how to perform them? -- Rick Rick, Take a look at the SystemAdminGuide (should be on the GP CD if you can't find it in the GP install) - it has a section on Routine Maintenance. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Rick at ACFB" <RickatACFB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B6C1CE0-5CA4-4277-8E7A-D6EBCFCCDEF4@microsoft.com... > We recently started using Great Plains and ...

Dynamically Loading/Unloading extension DLLs (MFC)
I seem to have a problem unloading MFC extension DLL's with VC2002 (it may also exist on VC2002). The following code is the DLLMain for a DLL which is loaded/unloaded dynamically from a VC7 MFC application. =================================== #include "stdafx.h" #include <afxdllx.h> .... static AFX_EXTENSION_MODULE ETVFDDLL = { NULL, NULL }; extern "C" int APIENTRY DllMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, DWORD dwReason, LPVOID lpReserved) { if (dwReason == DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH) { AfxInitExtensionModule(ETVFDDLL, hInstance); new CDynLinkLibrary(ETVFDDLL)...

VB DLL in MFC project
Hi *, I want to import a dll containing some functions (implemented using ..NET Visual Basic) in a .NET MFC project and I have't figured out how yet. Is that possible? Can you help me? Thanks in advance, Kostas ...

why does this regular expression match
Hi! Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then three o and this expression give true but it should give false according to me ? bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}"); //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > Here I say minimum 1 o and maximum three o but here I have more then three o > and this expression give true but > it should give false according to me ? > > bool status = Regex.IsMatch("foooooood", "o{1,3}"); > > //Tony > > Because your crit...

Regular Expressions class
I've been looking for a regular expression class that is preferably MFC only, no STL, and doesn't consist of several files. Call me anal, but I always hate having to include 5 different files for a single class (rather have all the sub and base classes defined within the same file). And if I can't get around using a class that uses STL, are there any special distribution requirements for STL components? I like compiling my MFC libs statically.. How does this work with STL? I've looked at CodeProject for anything useful, but it's hard. Basically, I want a validating/maske...

MFC #2
hello This is a re-post, since none responded to it. I have automated power point from VC++ .I could save the ppt files to gif. presentation.Export("D:\\test","gif",100,100); But the gif files are named slide1, slide 2, slide3 etc. I want them to named with slide title. From the power point news group i got some VB code. But I couldn't find the appropriate function in VC++. To obtain the title in a variable sTitle they said use the VB code oSlide.Shapes.Title.TextFrame.TextRange.Text But i couldn't find the appropriate functions in VC++. priya C does...

determining mfc file dependencies
I have an old (mfc 4.2, built with msvc 6.0) activex application created with MFC. Can someone please tell me how I determine what file dependencies are necessary with this thing? I used to merely package it up without any mfc dlls......but, now I need to as whatever dlls this thing is dependent upon are not present in many newer systems! Thanks, Ike "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sHxKd.295$cl1.254@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have an old (mfc 4.2, built with msvc 6.0) activex application created > with MFC. Can someone please tell me how I de...

Regular expressions?
Hi all, Excel supports the use of Regular Expressions (RegEx) in formulas? How do I use it? Thanks An example Function ValidFileName(ByVal TheFileName As String) As Boolean Dim RegEx As Object Set RegEx = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") RegEx.Pattern = "[\\/:\*\?""<>\|]" ValidFileName = Not RegEx.Test(TheFileName) Set RegEx = Nothing End Function -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Defranco" <ericofranco@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ab729250-49c8-476c-9d79-bec088c85bfa@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...