registry problem

I was trying to create a registry key for my dialog project and I added

	SetRegistryKey(_T("Simple Alarm Clock"));

in

	BOOL CAlarm_ClockApp::InitInstance()

, but nothing gets written to the registry.  Is there anything else I
need to do in order to get my dialog project to write to the registry?

    Z.K.
0
nospam2791 (369)
8/24/2006 4:05:15 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That simply sets the registry key for the application. You still have to
write something there. You can then use WriteProfileInt/WriteProfileString
to write something at that key.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I was trying to create a registry key for my dialog project and I added
>
> SetRegistryKey(_T("Simple Alarm Clock"));
>
> in
>
> BOOL CAlarm_ClockApp::InitInstance()
>
> , but nothing gets written to the registry.  Is there anything else I
> need to do in order to get my dialog project to write to the registry?
>
>     Z.K.

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/24/2006 11:16:27 AM
Here's some info on what you need:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9bbths4t.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z024c0d3.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/system/registryarray.asp?df=100&forumid=16083&exp=0&select=545276

Tom

"Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
>I was trying to create a registry key for my dialog project and I added
>
> SetRegistryKey(_T("Simple Alarm Clock"));
>
> in
>
> BOOL CAlarm_ClockApp::InitInstance()
>
> , but nothing gets written to the registry.  Is there anything else I need
> to do in order to get my dialog project to write to the registry?
>
>    Z.K.

0
tserface (3860)
8/24/2006 2:42:07 PM
Well, you could try actually saving something to the Registry.  SetRegistryKey merely sets
an internal variable to have a string that, in the event you were to actually write
anything to the registry, would form part of the registry path.  Otherwise, it has no
effect at all on the registry.

Take a look at my registry library and classes on my MVP Tips site.  I've used these for
years and wouldn't build a serious project without them.
					joe

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:05:15 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:

>I was trying to create a registry key for my dialog project and I added
>
>	SetRegistryKey(_T("Simple Alarm Clock"));
>
>in
>
>	BOOL CAlarm_ClockApp::InitInstance()
>
>, but nothing gets written to the registry.  Is there anything else I
>need to do in order to get my dialog project to write to the registry?
>
>    Z.K.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Problems updating MS Money software
Everytime I start my MS Money I get a message saying that a new software version is available. I accept the message and see the download to complete. At that point I get a: We were not able to complete the update. Make sure that you're still connected to the Internet and have at least 100 MB space in your hard drive' Obviously I meet this 2 conditions and I was even able to see where Money is putting all these new files. I just don't know what happens right at the end when it tries to start the update. Any help is really appreciated, MV -- MV ...

Printing Problem
When I print a document in Windows XP Pro, the document stay in the queue. When I re-boot my machine, it prints the document I have printed before. Any ideas? ...

PropertyPage and ActiveX problems
Hello, As for now I was able to handle all problems by myslef, but now I don't know what's going on. * I created another property page for my activex control, evrything was fine untill I included a richedit box in my property page. Since then property page object receives WM_DESTROY on the begginig (when you choose it in property window). The problem dissaperars when I remove the rich edit control. What's the problem? I'm not sure but there was something about it in the comments, but I can't remember where (something like "When inserting a CRichEdit control remember t...

RDC and other connectivity problems
I hope this isnt a second post! Well, once again I turn to this wonderful group for some much needed assistance. I have an SBS 2003 domain that is right at the 75 user limit. Lately, I have been having some strange problems that I have been unable to resolve. I guess the easiest one to document is the RDC problems. I have never had problems with RDC connectivity in the past. Lately, anyone who attempts to connect via vpn and then connect to their desktops is have serious trouble. They must either use the IP address of the machine or the fully quantified name for it to w...

Problems navigating in Excel
My excel was working fine until now. When I try using my arrow keys to navigate right, left up or down it does not work properly The sheet moves in the direction I want it to go but the cursor stays on the original cell, I have to click on an actual cell to access it. I have done all the standard checking of all properties ect.. nothing works It's occuring globally Thanks You accidentily hit the ScrollLock key. Hit again. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mary" <entegra@telus.net> wrote in message news:0c8601c3c026$2af2c7b0$a001280a@phx....

Registry Security Issue
Client has locked down users. The normal users cannot get into SO. They are getting this message "Your Windows account does not allow you to write to the registry" What minimum rights must I give them? All Admin users can run RMS just fine. Rich, This is a common problem. RMS was built a number of years ago before the security push. Most of the information is stored in the registry, so the user needs to be able to read and write to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Operations key. Its easier just to give them full access to this key instead of try...

registry cannot load
I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp. Registry doesn't load. Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting message. It began at shut down I think. Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading the hives. It seemed stuck and I shut off the power. Next day the System wouldn't load. I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files. They don't work. I can get command console. I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end it says it couldn't update the regist...

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 ...

Registry
Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting the question here. The registry on the computer needs to be cleaned. Most of the errors I am getting are related to registry problems. I am not computer knowledgeable to clean the registry manually. I wonder if someone could suggest a good, reliable and trustworthy registry cleaner software and that would not be too expensive. Thanks! -- Barbara On 07/08/2010 05:09 PM, Barbara wrote: > Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting > the question here. The registr...

outlook 2003 and win 7 problem
Hi, I have outlook 2003 on a windows 7 PC. I keep getting the 'network username/password pop up box and am unable to get or send emails. Sometimes it works and some come through but more often than not the sign in box is on the screen. All my settings are correct as is the username and password. I have set the account up on another (but XP) computer and it works fine and it also works fine on the Iphone. I have deleted the account and reistalled it again but this makes no difference. Any ideas please? Cheers Lenny Which mail account type are you using? Have you alrea...

Creating a long-term loan
Hi, People on this forum have been very helpful and I want to thank you all first. I have another problem with creating a long-term loan and "matching" this loan with another account (asset). For example, if I borrow $1000 and I create a long-term loan for it, it simply creates a loan account with an amount -$1000. Once I saw this, I decided to simply create another account with a starting balance of $1000 (i.e. to offset the $1000 loan). After all, it is a loan so I do have the cash to use (i.e. purchase investments for instance). The problem is when I look at networth o...

Problems with Balancing / Reconciling accounts
I am having issues in balancing / reconciling accounts with Money Plus Deluxe. I started using the 2007 verison of Money sometime last year, and had downloaded/synced a number of accounts - then fell out of the habit until sometime in Feb 2008 - I updated to Money Plus at that time, and pulled the "old" transactions to where I think I had recaptured everything. I know my accounts are "correct" - the Bank balances matches my Register balances (when accounting for transactions that have not cleared/posted), so at least I feel good that what is currently recorded is &q...

Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center
Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center For WHATEVER reason, Microsoft dropped support for one of its most useful, albeit free, utilities I have EVER used, and used EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY, since It has been available: synching Microsoft Money 2006 with my PocketPC. I have purchased EVERY VERSION of Microsoft Money since its inception, and have truly used it to my benefit, and was ECSTATIC when they brought about the ability to synch that great product with my PocketPC by installing the freely downloada...

Upgrading problems
I got a new computer with windows XP, I forgot that my version of excel 2000 was an upgrade and tried to install it. When it wouldn't install, I realized what had happened, installed my original version (excel 95). Now my excel 2000 upgrade disc is corrupted and will not install. Is there any way to fix this problem? You could contact Microsoft: How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=326246 Caroline Carlton wrote: > I got a new computer with windows XP, I forgot that my > version of excel 2000...

Problem Entering Stock Option Excersized
I ventured into my first stock option and now it has been excersized. I bought a call on JPM which expired on 9/20/08. The call was excersized because the stock was above the strike price. When I try to enter the information into Money Plus HB, it telle me to enter a date between 9/10/2008 and 11/30/1999. Which of course does not make any sense but even if I change the date to within that period I still get the same response about the date. As a work around, I did it as 2 transactions - 1 to sell the shares and the other to have the options expire but I would prefer to show it correc...

Problems with MDI
Hello, I am a newbie in programming with MFC. Recently I created a MDI program with MFC and added different types of views (like ListView, TreeView) to this program. However, I was not able to make the various types of windows appear upon startup. Can anyone who knows how to do it shed some light upon it? Also, even though I tried using "SetWindowtext()" in the OnDraw() methods, all the different windows still get named in numerical order even though they are of different types. Did I do it wrong? Thank you very much in advance. Fedrick. ...

problem with a conditional max problem
-- What formula could you enter in cell E13 so that if a value is entered in cell E12, cell E13 will display the value of f(x) that corresponds to the largest tabulated x which is less than or equal to the value entered. For example, if 3 is entered in cell E12, then E13 should display the value of f(0). Brian If your tabulated x's are in a range named "tabx", one way: =f(LOOKUP(E12,tabx)) where f() is your function. In article <8D7078DA-197C-4F2B-B7D0-129DEDC8EC8D@microsoft.com>, "Brian Cornejo" <BrianCornejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Too Many Recepients Problem
Hi, Is their a way out from Too many recepients problem when I try to send an email to a distribution list of 100 contacts? Abhay "Abhay Sobti" wrote in message news:uG4dT26bIHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is their a way out from Too many recepients problem when I try to > send an email to a distribution list of 100 contacts? Send the same e-mail to less than the maximum number of recipients permitted by your e-mail provider's anti-spam quota. Repeat sending your same e-mail to less than maximum recipient count until all recipients have been included. If ...

IE in Registry
Anyone know what IE is listed as in the registry? My IE won't start. I get the hour glass and then it stops. Maybe it needs enabled, huh? "New World Disorder" <nwd@chugga.net> wrote in message news:hoe6dt$lgc$1@news.albasani.net... > Anyone know what IE is listed as in the registry? > > My IE won't start. I get the hour glass and then it stops. Maybe it > needs enabled, huh? > iexplorer.exe is the name of all versions og Internet Explorer. That name is what I would expect to find in the registry. No, I don't believe th...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Problems with increasing
I have problem with increasing. In one row I have textual vaule like "F10" and when I want to copy it in the next cell by draging "fill handle" it increments and the result is F11, F12... Haw could I turn off incrementing in that row but it is usefull in others? -- mpele ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mpele's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31808 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515304 Hold CTRL while you drag -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "...

Cannot recieve internet email
I have an Exchange Server that has been behind a ISA 2000 server. It was working without problems until the ISA server died. Instead of replacing the ISA server I tried putting a 2nd NIC in the Exchange server and directly connecting it to the internet. I activated RRAS, and I ran the Exchange Internet Mail Wizard, but I am not able to receive email from any internet account. Sending is no problem. I followed the documentation as far as I can tell but have had no success. Any help would be appreciated. On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:24:02 -0700, jrb50 <jrb50@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

doing bridal registry
Is there any way that you can do bridal registry in RMS Ver 2.0? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you -- Kay Kay, Unfortunately there is nothing that covers this functionality well right out of the box. If you are looking for a custom solution to this problem I'm positive we could work with you to create a solution that will suit your needs. If you are interstate please give me a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me an email at rsakry@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-22...

INTERNET eXPLORER 7 PROBLEMS
Our web site does not run properly on IE7. Runs fine on 6. IE just does not run the opening video (or the text alternative) so people who go to the web site using IE7 get a blank screen for what seems to be ages. Most assume that the web site is not working and leave it before the next page opens. We used Front Page with additional bits of HTML to create it. Anyone offer any advice please. Hi Donna, This might be a dump question. Just wondering if you installed the plug-in for your video player to IE 7 yet? Like real-audio, I have to install a real-audio plugin, quicktime, I h...

registry
Can I query the registry to find out whether an Outlook client (2000, 2002/XP, 2003) has been set up for offline access? thank you Perhaps - but it might be easier to just search the workstation hard drive for a .OST file. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <bob_smithley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132719260...