RegisterHotKey does not work when registering Alt+... or Shift+...

Hello

The problem is quite bizarre. RegisterHotKey registers simple keys like
F2,F3,F4, key combinations like Alt+Ctrl+F3 or Alt+Shift+F3 and they all
work just fine (my application receives the appropriate message).
But when I register in example Alt+F6 the RegisterHotKey returns a result
different from zero (success) however the hot key does not work (the
WM_HOTKEY does not come at all).

Maybe it has something to do with regional settings or these kay
combinations are reserved?

Janusz

0
erfan (23)
10/20/2004 10:08:14 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Hello
>
> The problem is quite bizarre. RegisterHotKey registers simple keys like
> F2,F3,F4, key combinations like Alt+Ctrl+F3 or Alt+Shift+F3 and they all
> work just fine (my application receives the appropriate message).
> But when I register in example Alt+F6 the RegisterHotKey returns a result
> different from zero (success) however the hot key does not work (the
> WM_HOTKEY does not come at all).
>
> Maybe it has something to do with regional settings or these kay
> combinations are reserved?

Hi,

I am not too familiar with "WM_HOTKEY" but I was told sometime ago that in
DEBUG mode some calls might not work because they are used by the debugger
itself.
As I said I am not 100% sure but maybe you could do a simple test in release
to see if that might be the problem.

> Janusz

Florent
--
http://www.myoddweb.com
http://www.myoddweb.com/forum

> I am not too familiar with "WM_HOTKEY" but I was told sometime ago that in
> DEBUG mode some calls might not work because they are used by the debugger
> itself.
> As I said I am not 100% sure but maybe you could do a simple test in
release
> to see if that might be the problem.
>
> Florent

Unfortunately this is not the case. I peform only release tests now (my
application is almost done).
I thought that maybe running Visual Studio stops some of the hot keys, but
even when I shut it down my program still does not receive those hot keys
I've mentioned.
There must be something else.

Thanks
Janusz

0
erfan (23)

Does not work in 2003
The following code will not work in excel 2003, it stops on the line: tintandshade=0 is there a work around? Cells.Select With Selection.Interior .Pattern = xlNone .TintAndShade = 0 .PatternTintAndShade = 0 End With begin 666 Ed Davis.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D1A=FES.T5D#0I&3CI%9"!$ M879I<PT*3DE#2TY!344Z160-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z961 9&%N M=F5R<W-O9G1W87)E+F-O;0T*4D56.C(P,#DP-S$T5# P,30Q.%H-"D5.1#I6 &0T%21 T* ` end Don't include that line (or the line after, too!)????? If you have to use...

how i can keep the page header with eport detail without shifting
when i make report and it have detail the first page will be good but teh next page there's some shifting to the left to the end of report page please any one can help? ...

Running Access 2003 db in 2007, and a few forms don't work
I have a database that's been updated from at least Access 97 (maybe Access 2, I can't remember anymore) and has been running fine in Access 2003 for years. My client upgraded to Vista with Office 2007. Almost everything in the database works fine, except 3 forms. Each of these forms has a tab control. Two of the forms have subforms on some of the tabs, one doesn't. When I try to open the forms in Access 2007 running on Vista in Virtual PC, I get the error "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again."...

outlook working offline
I installed exchange to outlook but outlook can't connect to exchange and i removed but i can't remove offline icon and outlook can't connect automatically how can i fix thid problem thnks... Version of Outlook? Error message when you try to connect to Exchange? Have you tried it already with a clean profile? Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... Can you ping the server by FQDN? Also contact your administrator to verify the Exchange server settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?...

Can't hide far right columns:"Shift objects off sheet"??
I've got some constants and such in the far right-most columns, where my average user wouldn't have any need of going. Just to add an extra measure of safety, though, I wanted to either hide the columns or set the column width to something like 0.1. Excel won't let me do either - the error message is "Can't shift objects off the sheet." But there are no "objects" - just values in cells. What am I looking at? Is there another way to accomplish this? Ed Which version? Should be no problem in XL2003. BTW: Far right is not a good solution since it inflat...

SelectSingleNode not working... Code provided.
All, The xml file below is a response from a Live Meeting service. I need to extract the following two fields: mid and audienceInviteText I am using vbscript to try and retrieve these values but my code tells me the replynode is required at line 5. Here is what I have: set xmlbody = createobject("Msxml2.DOMDocument") xmlbody.loadXML("c:\MeetingResponse.xml") Set replynode = xmlbody.selectSingleNode("//CreateMeetingReply/MeetingReply/OptionList") Set myAtt = replynode.getAttributes.GetNamedItem("mid") msgbox myAtt.Value ' File name is C:\Me...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Working directory problems
Hello, My application runs from C:\Program Files\Superna\ConfigNet\Bin (a.k.a Bin Directory) directory. My shared dll are in C:\Program Files\Superna\Common Files (a.k.a CommonFiles Directory) directory. My application dllz are in the Bin Directory. My application uses dll files both from my Bin Directory and my CommonFiles Directory. My application shortcut exists both in Start->Programs->Superna and on the user's desktop. User can doubleclick an nfg file so the application will run and load the nfg file (my network file). In order to support this behaviour I did the following...

That Worked
Hey, It worked. I created a new profile and that seem to do the trick. Bonus!, my KeySuite for my palm seems to have come over as well. I did a test sync with my Palm with a new record entered in and it came over no problem. Thank you for your help!!!! Dominic ...

System manager not working properly
Last week I was goingt o move a mailbox from one mailbox store to another and when I right click on a user the following error message comes up: The server is not operational. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203a Exchange System Manager Seems that something is broken but I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas as to what is wrong and is there a fix floating around out there somewhere? Thanks in advance. -- Glenn MCP A+ Network Admin MBBC Have you looked here... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325322 Here is another article that points to DNS issues... http://www.mcse.m...

Microsoft works stopped working
when I try to open my works and a new document it says it has stopped working and will contact me if it finds a solution. I'm stuck ...

Money 2004 Stopped working
Money 2004 has stopped me from editing and custominsing my reports. If you try the money client window just hangs, and you have to end the task. Is this microsofts way of saying UPGRADE. I have tried installing trial versions of 2008 to which if all worked I would of upgrade, but you cannot upgrade, nor will 2007. I am now thorough peeved! Has any one come accross this, and is the only solutionn to RE KEY into latest product. Help really apprecaited. In microsoft.public.money, Anne wrote: >Money 2004 has stopped me from editing and custominsing my reports. If you >try the...

Workflows NOT working on Create
Hi, I have created over 32 diffrent workflows on the Microsoft CRM, these workflows are supposed to be triggered by selecting a value in a picklist that has been created on the Case form. Simply said, "When case is created If Case.Reason_For_Leaving = Death Then Task Appointment Email Etc End if" But this is not whats happening. Does the Administrator need to have a License in order for the Workflows to work? Rgds Jefferson First I'd check that the workflows have been activated, and that the CRM Workflow Service is running. If the above are OK, try a Wait for...

working with time functions
i am making a spreadsheet of hours people have worked in a week. People should work 37 hours, anything above that is credit, and below it debit. In my spreadsheet, the "hours worked" cell is displayed in 37:00 format (as is all other times in the worksheet) if someone works 37:30, that 30 minutes is displayed in the credit/debit cell fine, but if someone works less than 37:00 in the week nothing i do works to show the debit people are accrueing. So if someone works 35:00 i would like it to show that they are in 02:00 debit. Has anyone got any suggestions? Chris, I guess that...

Working with forms
I have created an Utility application in VBA/Excel. Application starts with Form which is opened excusively in current Excel Session. This requires me to start separate excel session for other works. Is there any way that I can use Forms which does not open excel excusively? I think you can still open another session of excel or Do you want to use form show.vbmodeless? ...

work order #2
Went I have a work order and I call that work order later on from another computer or from the same computer the system froze and I lost the transaction. I have to re-start the computer and I have to enter the work order again. Is this a problem with the software? I have the version 1.3 refresh 1 and I have the fix. This situation happen one or two times per day. Do you have any suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007A_01C6D659.39D52060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Josenpos, ...

Problem with Account totals in the register
I been using Money since 2005 to keep all my finances. Recently, Money has started messing up my account totals. The totals in the individual accounts (the transaction register) are correct, but when I go to Account Lists to see a summary of all my accounts, the totals are wrong. I have tried looking around, but have had no luck figuring it out. I've tried to use the repair function and nothing is corrected. Does anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Milt Burdsall wrote: >I been using Money since 2005 to keep all my finances. >Recently, Money has started messin...

Two question on working with text
In Excel 2007, Column C has a list of 3500 names in the format of FirstName LastName, but unfortuately the are approximately 1200 also have a middle intitial, some with a period and some without a period. As is evident, this list was compiled over a period of about 2 years and many people contributed to it with no guidlines, and now I have been directed to fix it. Question 1 - Can a formula be devised to extract the first four letters of the last name? Question 2 - Is there a means to put a period after those middle initials that do not have one Thank you Marsh Answer 1: ...

Shortcut to Outlook Item does not work
Greetings! Within an email, if I choose insert | item, and then find an item in a public folder, choosing "Shortcut", the item appears as a shortcut, but after I send the email, the shortcut does not work, even if I try to open it. - Double Clicking the item does nothing. - On the Right click menu, "Open Message Object" is not available. I know that I can use the Hyperlink method described at Slipstick: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm What I want to do, strangely enough, is use the method that would appear to be built into the product. Any help is ap...

COUNTA Formula not working
I have the following in cell A60 It is used to add the amount of entries in the column A. It used to give me a total in A60 but for some reason now gives me the formula. have I done something I shouldnt have? =COUNTA(A3:A59) check this thread: probably formatted as text, but other possibilities exist http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=1133119672.733652.54810%40f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com "Scudo" <me@nospam.fictional> wrote in message news:dLnif.83625$375.39836@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > I have the following in cell A60 It is used to add the amount of entri...

shift
This is my problem, let say that I got 3 shifts Colomn A fill with Employer ID_No Colomn B fill with Date Colomn C fill with Shift Colomn D fill with In_Time Colomn E fill with Out_Time Colomn F fill with Absen or Present Colomn G fill with Overtime Shit I 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM ; normal work hour, next hour will be overtime Shit II 04:00 PM to 12:00/00.00 AM ; normal work hour, next hour will be overtime Shit III 00:00 AM to 08:00 AM ; normal work hour, next hour will be overtime I need the formula to calculate hour in COlomn F & G thank for any help ...

Registerhotkey question
Hi, I am trying to trap hotkeys in powerpoint window. Althouth I am not an expert in MFC I somehow managed to write a code using,Registerhotkey, windowproc,and findwindow. But still i have some doubts, and It would be great if someone could help me with it. 1. I dont want a system wide hotkey, the hotkey should be trapped only when Ppt is the active window. How do I do that? 2. Which is the best way to clean-up (unhook) the hotkeys. 3. Should I sub-class the powerpoint window or some other window (or something else). Thanks in advance Dhanush ...

Rules not working #6
Scenario: - Outlook Pro 2003, all current updates and SP's - Copy PST to laptop for a trip. - Over a hundred rules defined in PST working fine on desktop - None of the rules have "on this machine only" - PST has extensive tree structure for sorting of incoming email - All works well on desktop, no complaints On the notebook the rules seem to fail to find some of the folders that are very obviously there. I can click on them and read email already within them. In all instances what is required to fix the problem is to edit the rule and point to the same folder again (for a ...

Receipt Printer / Cash Drawer
Hi. I am fed up with the constant problems I am having with my Epson-TM88iii printer / MMF cash drawer combination. I am pretty certain there is a bug with the Epson-TM88iii (OPOS software or firmware), because every couple of weeks, I get an error, that can only be solved by rebooting the computer. In any case, I'm giving up at trying to solve the problem, and instead want to change my receipt printer and/or cash drawer. But, rather than figure out a working combination through trial and error, i was hopping I could conduct a poll of opinions for printer / cash drawer combination...

OWA not working any more
Hi everyone, we have an Exchange 2000 box running with OWA published over 443 with a commercial certificate. We recently changed ISPs which means that we were allocated a new range of IP addresses, one of which is pointing to the OWA (as it did before - NATting is correct). Since we moved I can not access the OWA from the outside 9/10 times that I try. As i know that the OWA is not clever enough to remember which public address it was using I am assuming that it has something to do with DNS servers not having refreshed in the ether... Is the assumption correct and if it is how can I check (...