register dll

Hi,
I want to re-register atl.dll in the windows folder, I could execute
"regsvr32 <windows\system32>\atl.dll"
but that doesn't sound like the best idea. (I guess I would get the msgbox
saying that is succesfully registered the dll)
Is there a better way to register the dll?

thanks!

0
asdf9229 (2)
4/19/2004 7:33:44 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I want to re-register atl.dll in the windows folder, I could execute
>"regsvr32 <windows\system32>\atl.dll"
>but that doesn't sound like the best idea.

You could do what regsvr32 does and load the DLL and call its
DllRegisterServer function.

> (I guess I would get the msgbox
>saying that is succesfully registered the dll)

If you don't want the message box when using regsvr32, use the
/s(ilent) switch.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

        http://support.microsoft.com/?id=207132

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Niklas" <asdf@qwery.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to re-register atl.dll in the windows folder, I could execute
> "regsvr32 <windows\system32>\atl.dll"
> but that doesn't sound like the best idea. (I guess I would get the msgbox
> saying that is succesfully registered the dll)
> Is there a better way to register the dll?
>
> thanks!

0
CheckAbdoul
4/19/2004 1:27:25 PM
Thanks for the help (David too)
I'll go with CreateProcess using regsvr32 and /s
but the article is interesting

thanks
/Niklas

"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
> As David mentioned, you can use regsvr32 with a /s switch or you can do a
> LoadLibrary on atl.dll and call the DllRegisterServer() function in order
> register it. See KB article
>
>         http://support.microsoft.com/?id=207132
>
> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> -----------------------------------
>
> "Niklas" <asdf@qwery.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I want to re-register atl.dll in the windows folder, I could execute
> > "regsvr32 <windows\system32>\atl.dll"
> > but that doesn't sound like the best idea. (I guess I would get the
msgbox
> > saying that is succesfully registered the dll)
> > Is there a better way to register the dll?
> >
> > thanks!

0
asdf9229 (2)

loaded office pro 07 1st cd & registed what about 2nd cd?
only promped for one cd ?????????????? I haven't loaded office from the retail cd so I can't be certain what the issue is. Did you select all the samples and other optional features? They may be on the second CD so you would only have to mount the second CD if you needed to install something from it. There may be other optional files that only need to be installed if your system needs them. Many options default to run from CD or install on first use so if you didn't change those to run from my computer, you may be prompted as you use the feature to mount the other CD. ...

Classification on the register
Noone wanted to answer my previous question about classifications, but I wil ask another one anyways :). I created a classification "Employee" to track which employee takes the money out of the petty cash (I thought of using payees, but I would sometimes like to track to whom actually the money as going as a payee). Is there any way to show the classification on the register so that I can quickly see who tooke the money? Thanks. I don't know squat about Invoice or the Business version. (Nor do most regular posters here who do not use the Business version either.) But I can t...

WAB DLL file
For some reason I can't get to my address book in outlook. comes up it can't find the WAB DLL file. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? What version of Outlook installed on what o/s Outlook hasnt used a wab.dll since outlook 2k(?) "Tony Miller" <tonyyamahamiller@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%2346VH1%23qJHA.4260@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > For some reason I can't get to my address book in outlook. > comes up it can't find the WAB DLL file. > ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? let me guess -- outlook 2000 on v...

i cannot register the key while i registered it before and it wor.
i registered it before with the same product key and now its not working i really need help.. I'd suggest calling microsoft -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "annie" <annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E69A2C2-93FB-4BA3-9ED8-90A9E0C5C1E1@microsoft.com... > i registered it before with the same product key and now its not working i > really need help.. ...

virus ? ntmarta.dll
Hi everybody, my friend's PC seems to be infected. Unfortunately, Windows Defender or Avast stalls whenever I try to run them. Then, the only way to make the PC work again is to perform a hard restart. I try to have an on-line scan from the Symantec site, to no avail. The PC stalls again. Now, when Avast always seems to stall on either of the following files : system32/ntmarta.dll or System32/ntoskrnl.exe Is ntmarta.dll a "straight" file or is it a virus ? Just for a try I tried to rename it, but could not do it. An errror message indicated that I do not ...

RetrieveGlobals.dll and VISTA
I'm using RetrieveGlobals.dll with Great Plains 8.0 for customizations I made. I installed Great Plains on a VISTA computer and I am getting an error. I don't know yet if it is the RetrieveGlobals.dll but does anyone know if I need one rated to work with VISTA. Thanks Kevin Make sure you run as administrator when you register the dll otherwise it will not "stick". Or you can turn UAC off. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Busines...

register questions
I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had previous money versions. During the last 2 week time period my register quite going back to the beginning. Now all I get is the last 3 years worth of transactions. I have set the view to show all dates. The payees and transactions are still in the database, just need the register to REALLY show ALL dates. Comments? In microsoft.public.money, ballworth@comcast.net wrote: >I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had >previous money versions. During the last 2 week time >period my register quite going back to t...

Registers Question
Yes, I did the whole tutorial, but some BASICS where never explained in it. Aside: Did you know that after mentioning Z and ZZ Report thousands of times, they finally get around to telling you what the hell that is in like lesson 7 of 10??? What a joke and waste of money. They were just reading Page-for-page the help file. ----- In SO Manager/Registers Maybe I am not understanding this right. I have been PLAYING with one computer install (besides the MSDE on the server where the database is). I set up register 1000 at my computer since it will be data entry only. I set the receipt pr...

Formula for checkbook register
What is the formula for Balance, minus debit, plus credit.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See example in Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm#insrtrow --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Valorie Castle >" <<Valorie.Castle.zs0is@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Valorie.Castle.zs0is@excelforum-nos...

Registering
Can anyone help? I am trying to register the product on-line and although the IE is working and I can surf the web, the registration box states that it can't connect to the internet. I have chacked the settings etc and all is ok. Doug, Sounds like you access the internet via a proxy server... Try connecting your server directly to the internet, or contact Microsoft Support. They will supply a little tool that will help you register your product. -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Doug Jenkins" <Doug Jenkins@discussi...

COleDropTarget Register(this) Failure
Hi, For some odd reason, I am not able to Register the COleDropTarget. I have been working with my project for a while, so I suspect it is something within my project. I have tested it using a default project and it works. I just can't figure out what the problem could be? Perhaps there is a problem using splitter windows? Or perhaps something in Stdafx.h? I do have the member variable COleDropTarget m_dropTarget in the header. Then, in the OnInitialUpdate, I call m_dropTarget.Register(this). // register drop target BOOL b = m_dropTarget.Register(this); It keeps failing at the if(CoL...

Creating Modeless dialogs in a DLL
Hi I created a MFC regular DLL using the classwizard I am loading the DLL from a console based Win32 Application In the InitInstance of the CWinApp derived class of the DLL, If I try to create a Modeless Dialog , The dialog seems to be created, but it does not respond to any inputs and non of the controls over it are visible How do I make this work? Basically, I need a dialog box in the DLL just to catch user defined windows messages posted by another application I know for sure that the messge is being posted correctly. Is there an easier way of doing this Thanks in advanc Di. ...

register #2
Does anyone know how to remove the family member and properties lines from my register, I accidently added them and want less confusion Thanks In microsoft.public.money, cathy wrote: >Does anyone know how to remove the family member and >properties lines from my register, I accidently added >them and want less confusion Thanks Accounts&Bills->Categories&Payees Select a Classification to remove on the left, and choose DeleteClassification. Repeat for the other one. ...

link to msvcr71.dll
Hi everyone! I am working with C++ .NET. In this environment I have activeX. During registration on new computer without .NET framework dll cries about missing msvcr71.dll. When I put this dll on system path dll can pass registration. Does anybody know how can I compile dll in way that it will not require CRT dlls? Thank you, David Potahinsky David Potahisnsky wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I am working with C++ .NET. In this environment I have activeX. > > During registration on new computer without .NET framework dll cries > about missing msvcr71.dll. When I put this dl...

Calling a .Net DLL from the workflow
Hi all, I am new to CRM. I need a clarification with respect to an error code that appears to haunt the eventvwr often, when i am trying to call a .Net DLL from the CRM workflow. The error description looks like this in the eventvwr "<code> 0X 80040217 </code> <description>The specified object was not found </description> <type>Platform </type>" and it says that the workflow is stopped and i need to check the workflow monitor for more details. When i do the same, the workflow monitor displays "Ok" to all the workflow events includin...

Register Connection Problem...
I was here a few days ago asking questions about the initial install and got some excellent answers. However, I'm at another road-block. I'll try to be brief. I installed the POS as explained by two great guys here. I then on the machine designated as server I created register(1) and register(2). Now I then took the same CD over to machines I want to be (1) and (2) and installed the software. Since the License Key (USB) needs to be in the first register I put it in as such. I then did an install on that machine. (NOTE: The install process never asks me if I'm setting up a register...

Outlook cannot find MSO97.DLL
I am trying to start Outlook and I get the error "A required .DLL file, MSO97.DLL, was not found." I checked Microsoft's support site and found a document that described the problem asked me to fix the registry. However all the registry entries are fine and the dll's are in the same location (MSO97.DLL MSO7enu.dll). Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am not connecting to an exchange server, I am running Outlook on my home computer (stand alone). Thanks for the help! Hi pnagpal, have you already read this article? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

How Register the add-in DLL on each sales register
Hello, I have developpé a component on my test pc. That this works well, I would like to add it on one of my sales register. But I do not know how Register the add-in DLL on each sales register. Thanks Math It depends on your development environment, but all versions of Visual Studio that I have used have had some facility for creating an installer package. The installer should take care installing dependencies and registering components/assemblies as long as you have selected the correct project properties. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tiber...

Error: The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL
I know - this is an old problem but still, I can't overcome it: A year ago I have stared receiving the above application error when I navigate to folders containing AVI files. Dismissing the dialog is followed by an apparent Windows Explorer crash and restart. ================================ The solutions I found in several sites are as follows: The WinXP file version 6.02.4131.0 *has* the ordinal 6880. Therefore, you've installed poor software installing an older version of that system file. If you're lucky, that copy was installed in a program folder and can ...

Access 07 Registered/Not registered
MS Access 2007 *is* registered? Access Options | Activate generates the message "this product has already been activated" When Open an Access 2007 database, I receive an error message "You are trying to open a read-only database." Solutions offered include "The database file's read-only Attribute is set" The read-only attribute, however is "NOT" set "You may have chosen the Open Read Only command in the Open dialog box. Sorry -- there is no dialog box...

How to close a batch (run Z report) if register is disabled
I was wondering.. since you can only Z-report from a register (not from Manager), how do you properly close a batch if, say, a register is disabled in the middle of a shift (power outage, etc)? thanks! -- RG Robert, Where is the Database? i.e. Is database locally on register? Is this a single lane store? If there is a power outage, the only way to close out the batch is to wait until the power comes back on. As I said before if your db is on another machine, you can go into Store Operations Administrator --> Configuration --> Database Tab on that machine and change the Regis...

Upon opening, I'm told to register, then it tells me I'm alrady registered
I installed Outlook 2002 on one computer in order to sync my new Pocket PC and registered. I then installed the program on another PC on my network and when I'm told to register and I do, I'm told I'm already registered. This window comes up every time I open Outlook. How do I fix this Thanks Robert Fox Does your particular Outlook 2002 or Office XP license allow you to install the software on more than one desktop PC at a time? I suspect that's the problem here. Check your EULA and see if you're exceeding your licensing terms. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** M...

modules not registered
Hello: I know that, even if a client has not purchased a certain module like Inventory or Payroll, that the master windows such as Item Maintenance and Employee Maintenance can still be used to contain records (storage fields). It's just that the transaction-based functionality cannot be used. But, is it possible to use Integration Manager to bring data into the Employee Maintenance window even if the client has not purchased the Payroll module? Thanks! childofthe1980s If you don't have the registration key for IM then it won't let you integrate data to any of the com...

how to use RetrieveGlobals.dll
How to use RetrieveGlobals.dll. I want to get the personal details like Username and Password. Please send the details. -- Thanks and Regards, Raj Raj, Here is an example of how I use it. Kevin ================ Public Function GetConnectionString() As String Dim objUserInfo As Object Dim sDatabase As String Dim sDSN As String Dim sUserLogin As String Dim sUserPassword As String Set objUserInfo = CreateObject("RetrieveGlobals.retrieveuserinfo") sDatabase = objUserInfo.intercompany_id() sDSN = objUserInfo.sql_datasourcename() sUserLogin = objUserInfo.retriev...

WinMerge and 7Zip
Hi, I got both WinMerge and 7-Zip a while ago (independently). I just now tried to use WinMerge and it reported that I needed a DLL for 7-Zip: 7-Zip version installed: 4.65; DLL missing: Merge7z465U.dll 7-Zip version recommend: 4.57; DLL missing: Merge7z457U.dll I Googled the 'Net and couldn't find either DLL. Any idea how I can find either of them, preferably the one needed for my installed version of 7-Zip. Thanks in Advance, Richard On Jun 6, 10:08=A0am, RichardOnRails <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I ...