Regarding Reading XML Files in Visual C++6.0 using XMLDOMMethod.

Hi,

While reading a 4.2 MB XML File in Visual C++ 6.0 using XMLDOM method, it is
taking lot of time. But the same XML File when reading in Visual C# using
Visual Studio 2005 is taking lesser time. How this Visual C++ 6.0 reading
delay in XML can be avoided.

==========Suresh
0
SureshPR (5)
7/11/2006 1:20:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

Could Use Some Help!
I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets I have a worksheet with the following formula, =+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF864) This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert "n/a") If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!. My question, is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains text? The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text. You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this. Thanks in advance, Lovella Try this: =SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864) --...

"Send and Receive" in regards to an Exchange account
We have an Outlook 2003 user setup with Exchange 2003, he also uses the client to access about a dozen POP accounts. When he clicks "send and receive" it seems to get stuck on the exchange account. It says "processing" and takes for ever. But "send and receive" isn't required to get Exchange mail, since it's always connected. Yet his Exchange mail comes in normally, with no delays. It's only when he uses "send and receive" that it seems to sit there forever. Has anyone seen this before? Or is there a way to not include the Exchange account wh...

Read-only message
Is there any way to setup to prompt a user to let them know that someone else is already in the file and the only way they can access it is to access it read-only? That is automatically set by Windows. Only way for 2 or more people to get into a file and both have more than read only access is to have the file Shared. If it is shared, unshare it to obtain what you want "JesseP" <jessemandi@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:b522117b.0312110735.218053b5@posting.google.com... : Is there any way to setup to prompt a user to let them know that : someone else is already in t...

Regarding Dynamic chart
Dear All I have problem in formula ans it was solved Mr. Max , now i am facing problem in Chart please do the needful . I am mention the my problem and the formula given by Mr.Max . In cell b1 my input value varies from 1-30 in e1 my input will be amount it varies assume 300000. i want formula in a5 to show 0 and a6 as 1 so on till i get the input in b1 .. and in c5 i need a formula =$e$1*((2*(a5/$b$1)^2-(a5/$b$1)^4) till same as in column based on the value in b1. wish you all a very happy new year -2010 in advance A B C D E ...

VBA problem to open a file which is allready opened
Hey guys After a horrible nights sleep, caused by spooky VBA macro-gosts that are harassing me and chasing me through the bright and flowering fields of Visual Basic and into the dark woods of soul-searching lack of VBA-qualifications, I have no other choice than ask You to conjur one of these small devils in mind, by helping me solve my VBA-problem: I try - and manage (hurray!!) - to create a macro that copy a specified range from one workbook, then open a specified new one and finaly paste the data (pluss - of course - do some other stuff) into this predefinied workbook/sheet. My problem i...

XML and XSD help
I am new to XSD and want to ask few basic questions. 1) I read some where that I can use any namespace string in XSD since namespace is just a unique string and nothing more than that. I was playing around with the following XSD <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="NameSpace1" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="NameSpace1" xmlns:mstns="NameSpace1" xmlns:xs="NameSpace2"> <xs:simpleType name="name"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"&g...

How to use subtotal with a condition
I currently have within a cell the following function =SUBTOTAL(2,F:F) What I want to do is only count any cell value that equals "High Impact"....how would I change the above function to make that happen, currently it is providing me a "0" Try using countif countif(F:F,"High Impact") Hope it helps... On Aug 7, 7:41=A0am, S Himmelrich <himmelr...@gmail.com> wrote: > I currently have within a cell the following function > > =3DSUBTOTAL(2,F:F) > > What I want to do is only count any cell value that equals "High > Impact"....how ...

Importing *.pst files
Dear all, I exported calendar and contacts from Otlook 2000, as *pst files. Trying to import them into Outlook 2002, I encountered a problem that the inporting wizard does not recognise the *.pst files. Means that at stage three, after browsing to the directory where the file is located, the file name does not appear in the BROWSE window, so I am not able to proceed. Could anyone help? Thanks Dan Did you enable Windows Explorer to show hidden and system files? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-ma...

Importing text using get external data
I have created a query spreadsheet that gets certain data from another spreadsheet (call it data spreadsheet). The data spreadsheet has a column where text is stored, which in some cases exceeds more than 255 characters. The query that imports such data truncates the text to the first 255 characters. Is there a way around it ? Any input will be appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Using a macro to edit cells?
Is there a way to edit cells similiar to conditional formatting but us a macro button to perform the desired action? This macro would d something based on cell contents. I.e. bold all text that starts wit a certain set of characters -- bdun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bdunk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=50 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26548 Hi of course this is possible. Have you already experience with VBA? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "b...

User has Read-only access
Hello! I'm using SBS 2003. I have a several security groups set up. I have a drive containing many folders whose permissions are set depending on which security group they belong to. I had a folder & group which I recently had to rename. Same user in the group - and nothing in the folder changed (that I know of) except the name. Now my user who needs access can see the folders/files but when he opens them, he only has read only access. I notice when I look at the security of these folders - the group to which he belongs has full access. If I look at the security of the su...

regarding focus
Gurus, I have MDI MFC application . I click a menu item and a modeless dialog CPalette is created. void CMainFrame::OnToolsOpenpalette() I have added a variable to CMainFrame i.e. CPalette *mypal; Now real problem is When this dialog is displayed it gets all the focus and my main frame, view loses focus and there is some color change in the title bar of these windows. If focus gets to frame or view then dialogs loses focus and some color change occurs to dialog title. which is very irritating. I dont want this. I want the CPalette dialog to look like a component of MainFrame. There should...

excel files listing in taskbar.
Hi there, When I open multiple excel documents, a taskbar icon is displayed for occurance, which is a feature of Excel2k (kb215816). Instead of having a taskbar icons for each excel item, I would like to diplay only one icon even though there will be more than one excel document open. how can this be done? thanks This is a function of the operating system. If you have Windows XP, you can change the behavior of the task bar by right-clicking it in a blank area, and choosing "Properties" from the context menu. Then check the "Group similar taskbar items" checkbox. (T...

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

Passing ref type to methods using invocation within Powershell
In the code below [my5.stuff]::EnumDisplayDevices($null,1,[ref]$test,0) does not work because the $null is cast as "" The following line does return true but $test is not populated with the expected details. Presumably this is because [my5.DISPLAY_DEVICE]$test is not a reference $obj.gettype().getmethod("EnumDisplayDevices").invoke($obj,@($null,[uint32]0,[my5.DISPLAY_DEVICE]$test,[uint32]0)) HOW CAN I PASS A REFERENCE TYPE TO THE INVOKED METHOD SO THAT $TEST IS POPULATED WITH THE DETAILS FOR DISPLAY DEVICE 0? I have tried all sorts of different ways can cann...

cannot open a file
Hi , My user is using Excel 97 and when she tries to open the file it says Program Error but i can open the file at my own machine which i am using Excel 2002 is there any way i can do to reolve this issue ? or do i need to re-install Excel 97 for hewr but it seems to me that Excel program itself is ok tks & rdgs If you open it in xl2002 and then save it, can xl97 open it? Does it open on any other pc that has xl97? If that user starts excel in safe mode: close excel windows start button|Run Excel /safe then File|open the workbook does it open? maxzsim wrote: > > Hi ...

Visual Basic Autoshapes Macro
I am sure this is possible in a macro, but I'm only just learning them In a workbook I have 2 sheets one containing last months data (lstmnth and one containing this months data (thismnth) On both sheets I wish to compare the ranges C1:L1, C5:L5, O1:X1, O5:x All the cell values are numbers, if the number on lstmnth is > this month I wish to insert a shap MSoDownArrow possibly in the cell in thismnth if the number on lstmnth is <this month I wish to insert a shap MSoUpArrow possiblyin the cell in thismnth So for example lstmnth!C1 is compared to Thismnth!C1 etc if lstmnth!C i...

Explanation regarding code
Hello ! I am debugging a program wriiten by someone else in VC++. I have a doubt at a class definition. The code is something like given below: ********************************************************** class CT_pio : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CT_pio) protected: CT_pio(); public: // Override //{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CT_pio) public: virtual BOOL InitInstance(); virtual int ExitInstance(); //}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation protected: virtual ~CT_pio(); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() private: class PC_main *c_main_p; class CT_motor *c_motor_p; class CT_pio *c_pio_p; } I ha...

Excel to XML
Can i convert my excel file to XML file. If yes then how and from where i can get the source code or program for it. Thanks in advance Vikram Both Excel 2002 and 2003 provide the ability to save a workbook in XML format, specifically the XML Spreadsheet (XMLSS) schema documented here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnexcl2k2/html/odc_xmlss.asp No all parts of a workbook can be saved in this format, for instance, VBA projects. Office 2003 adds support for custom schemas. Here's an article describing this feature: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en...

Using the "Regarding" action in Outlook integration FAILS with
When i use the "regarding" action in Outlook integration and attempt to query a Campaign, I get an error message pop up "Error has occurred" and I get a grid refresh failed. Does this have to do with a customization that is causing the query to throw and exception? And how to I validate that? Ray Casey Hi Ray, activities cannoot be set regarding a campaign. There's a bug in CRM 4.0 that shows Campaigns in the Set Regarding list of entities -- but you'll get an error message if you attempt to use it. Campaign planning tasks and campaign activities and ...

OL 2003 Find emails read, but not replied to?
In OL2003 How do I search for emails I have read but not replied to? Thanks in anticipation :) I can't find a way in Advanced Find to do that but you can try sort a view of your Inbox by the icon column. It will group messages forwarded, replied, etc. "Broons Bane" <nochance@youmustbejoking.com> wrote in message news:eq%23UMEybFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > In OL2003 > > How do I search for emails I have read but not replied to? "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message news:Odl23PybFHA.3844@tk2msftngp1...

Open a table in a Read Only mode
Hhow can I open a Table in a Read Only mode? thanks. I may be too dumb for this, but what/how/ did you say here. where do I type this/execute this ???? Thanks John "Ofer Cohen" <OferCohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBD1A77F-ED59-4364-9941-D59DA206598C@microsoft.com... > Try > > Docmd.OpenTable "TableName" , , acReadOnly > > -- > Good Luck > BS"D > > > "Nuno Guerra" wrote: > >> Hhow can I open a Table in a Read Only mode? >> >> thanks. ...

File names under XP and Vista
Slightly OT question - except that I'm saving a file from an MFC program :-) Under XP and Vista, am I allowed any Unicode character in a file name except the usual few punctuation characters? I haven't thought about this before, but I have saved one containing a "w with a ^ on it", and it seems ok. Are there any dangers? [ The letter w or W with the "to bach" (little roof) occurs in Welsh, but the letter exists in no known code page, and so you really need Unicode to get it. I am keen to illustrate the possibilities in the next edition of my MDI app...