Reg:Interrupt Programming

Hi,

I'm very new to Interrupt programming, can you please give me some ground up
and how to read the Interrupts ets.

Prakash.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you r talking about DOS  programming?or  windows  MFC programming?

SivaprakashShanmugam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to Interrupt programming, can you please give me some ground up
> and how to read the Interrupts ets.
>
> Prakash.

Not possible in a Windows program.  Not relevant in an MFC newsgroup.
Get a Windows device driver book and the Microsoft DDK (Device Driver Kit).

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
5/4/2006 12:55:29 PM
You have to learn to write device drivers.  This is nontrivial [shameless plug: I
co-authored one of the better books on doing this, Dekker & Newcomer, "Developing Windows
NT Device Drivers"]  On the whole, if you think you need to do it, you probably need to
rethink what you are doing.  Device drivers live entirely in the kernel, and obey a whole
different set of rules than application programs.
					joe

On Wed, 3 May 2006 21:13:01 -0700, SivaprakashShanmugam
<SivaprakashShanmugam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm very new to Interrupt programming, can you please give me some ground up
>and how to read the Interrupts ets.
>
>Prakash.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Deleting VBA programs
HELLO I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem. Well it all started when I copied and pasted a small VBA program from the internet. The VBA program was to stop anyone from copying or cutting and pasting any of my work. However this VBA program went to all excel sheets and now I cannot cut or copy by using the the left mouse or the cut/copy in edit. I can however still cut and copy by using control+c/x. I have so far deleted the VBA program plus I have deleted the excel program itself and I have even deleted Microsoft Office and then reloaded it. And still I have the same problem...

reg frag
Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on a machine basis, what reg key do i need to edit? Thanks Right click a bmp and select Open With. Then select Paint and select always open with -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Scott" <scott@bt.com> wrote in message news:KCkrn.25638$7o6.2778@newsfe27.ams2... > Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on a > machine basis, what reg key do i...

Vista registry programming
Here's the problem: We have a ton of old code which uses HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to store machine-specific (as opposed to user-specific) settings. HKEY_CURRENT_USER is still used to store user-specific stuff, but it so happens that most of our settings are not user-specific, so HKLM got used a lot. All this code works fine on Vista, but our then install kit changes the permissions on the root key of our HKLM sub-tree in order to make sure that our user's processes can get to it, irrespective of their other rights... so I'd expect it to work. The problem is... how do we know whether (...

default programs
We have a new computer which did not come with Office. We bought Office and installed it. When using Word, and trying to access a wordperfect doc it trys to open Works. When I try to change the default to Word, Word does not appear in the list of default programs. How do I add Word and the other Office products to the list of default programs? -- Mel The specifics probably depend on your version of Windows, but whenever you're looking for a program to do something-or-other, there should be a "Browse" button, which will open up your entire file structure so ...

interrupted series in a line chart
When I create standard multiple series line charts, when one of my series is interrupted, excell puts the value at zero by default instead of simply stopping it at the last data point (the data's under consideration are downloads, i.e. the following cells are not 'empty'). I tried to solve the issue with a simple if function, which does not work either. Is there a way to by-pass the default zero value ? If the cells are "EMPTY", Try Tools -> Options -> Chart -> Plot Empty cells as not plotted. "Patrick" wrote: > When I create standard multip...

copy&paste from other program+loop
hi! I want to import data from specific cell in another program. THis cell changes value once every second. What I would like to do is to import this value every time it changes to a new cell in excel. The time when this new value is added shall be added to another column next to this value. Can I do a copy&paste macro from an external file? Can anybody give me something to start with? best regards Anders --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hmm... Mayby it's too hard. Does anybody know the name of a program that cap "copy what you do (ex. mouse click, copy a...

Runtime Error does not specify program???
Hi, We are getting a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error box that simply says "Runtime Error!" The "Program:" part has nothing past it. I have some questions: #1 - Is there a log file somewhere which may identify the process having the error, or more detail we can look at? #2 - Why might the program part be empty? I've seen plenty of web examples where the process exe name is supposed to be specified. #3 - How can I identify what process or EXE is causing the error? #4 - If I can't identify it, is there a way to suppress or disable...

Subproject .reg file
Hi, what's the purpose of the .reg file when you create a subproject? I added some entries to this file and when I execute the application, I thought the items should show up in system registry. Some did and some did not. I assumed those that did perhaps had some system default but not sure. Is this true? Do I need to use some key words to make them get initialized or do i have to create & populate manually? The contents of the subproject .reg file will end up in the OS, of course you need to build the OS after making changes. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engin...

Can I assume the program has crashed?
I just put grid lines on all cells in my document, nice black 1 point lines but they will not print out. In fact they don't show when I use print preview. They're on the screen but will not come out in print. Between this and my merged cell problem should I reload Excel? This is getting weird. Catt Hi Catt, Try: File | Page Setup | Sheet Tab | select the 'Print Gridlines checkbox --- Regards, Norman "Catt" <Catt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B2B7EAD-729F-415C-8B59-0657E6BECDE3@microsoft.com... >I just put grid lines on all c...

REG attachments
I'm using Win XP SP2 with Outlook 2003. I just purchased some software on line and they emailed me a REG file to register and unlock the software. The problem is Outlook is displaying: "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: xxxxxxxxx.REG" I realized this is a good idea, but how do I get my registration code now? -- -=[cwa]=- e-Mail: chris at cwaiken dot net Home: www.cwaiken.net See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm on how to edit the registry so you can unblock them. If you don't like editing the registry, t...

How to block "ESC" in my MFC program?
Dear All, My Dialog will close after pressing "ESC". How to block "ESC" in my MFC program? Many Thanks! Best Regards, Crystal Override OnCancel, and do not call the base class. Following MSDN article gives more info: How to Disable Default Pushbutton Handling for MFC Dialog Q122489 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Wing Yee" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OikMBShwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > My Dialog will close after pressing "ESC". How to block "ESC" in my MFC >...

Problem loading program
Hi. I am trying the downloaded version. Sometimes I open the program with the web option, the program hangs after the progress button moves 3 or 4 spots to the right. The only way I can shut it down is using the Task manager to end program. It opens OK if I choose not to use the online services and then, when I want to download, I get the box to open the web option and it works just fine. Any suggestions? ...

Cannot "Send" email from Word , IE and other programs
I am using Outlook 2003 and can send fine from within the program. When I try to send an email from Word and other programs, the email opens in Outlook but the "send" button does not show in the corner of the page. The "help" directions say to activate "accounts" but I have already set up "accounts" in Outlook. When the email is opened from Word or other programs, the option "accounts" is not available in the tools menu. What can I do to correct this? What operating system and version of Internet Explorer are you using? ...

Reg CToolTipCtrl
Hi , I used the CTooltipctrl for a Button. That is displaying tooltip Everytine when my mouse over the button. I need it to be displayed only when iam keeping the mouse over the button and not moving over the button.. Can please anybody repply me .... Use TrackMouseEvent() to detect hover and then activate your tooltip. -SM ...

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

calling a dos command in a program
I want to call a command like "del xxx.txt" from within a vc++ (console app) program. I've tried shellexecute but lo luck (below). ShellExecute(NULL,_T("open"), _T("del"), _T("chb.txt"),_T(""), SW_SHOW); Chris Baker wrote: > I want to call a command like "del xxx.txt" from within a vc++ (console app) > program. > > I've tried shellexecute but lo luck (below). > > ShellExecute(NULL,_T("open"), _T("del"), _T("chb.txt"),_T(""), SW_SHOW); Use DeleteFile instead: http...

External program
Hi Guys, Just need to know if it is possible to open another program (GlobalMail) and pass it parameters from an action button in CRM This can be done using the isv.config. Please see the SDK guide which will explain how to achieve this. Thanks, Benjamin Pirih "Will" wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Just need to know if it is possible to open another program (GlobalMail) and > pass it parameters from an action button in CRM ...

Message of: a program is trying to access email addresses
you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this. Why does this show up when a MAPI account tries to use this. It there something in a security setting I can change? Thanks. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Kim Newberry" <olgkim@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:004901c34d57$c602c670$a601280a@phx.gbl... > you...

Suggestion needed from experts reg files
Hi, I am doing an app which involves freqent searching. So ,I thought of this way. Reading from the file once the system boots and cache the memory. When the file does not exist ,the app will not be executing else the app runs normal. I have done searching mechanism in the file. I am getting lost in caching the memory ,Pls explain how the whole procedure works and if at all pls give some sample code snippet. Regards YKUT Whether memory is cached or not is usually up to the memory manager. Why are you wanting to intervene? "YKUT" <ykutanoor2003@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

Reg: .Net VC++ Books
Hi I'm new to .Net VC++, can you please prescribe some books/websites to take on. Make sure i'm going to work application related to COM,MFC which is related to Device Drivers,Ports,PCB etc... Thanks Siva. "SivaprakashShanmugam" <SivaprakashShanmugam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D3E710-171C-4400-B62E-40D95AD118C4@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I'm new to .Net VC++, can you please prescribe some books/websites to take > on. Make sure i'm going to work application related to COM,MFC which is > related to Device Drivers,Ports,P...

MS Office Program Files
Hello, I am working on a friend's PC. She wants to install WIN7. She does not have a disk for Office, so I am not sure if it came with the PC or what, but I need to copy the set-up files so I can reinstall. Two issues with this are: 1. where are they? I am assuming that there is more to it than just copying the program files folder (such as using the MS Office shared file), and 2. how do I retrieve her key? I am sure someone out there knows how to do this! Thanks You need the Office CDs, no way around that. You can download and install Belarc Advisor to find the...

program problems
my microsoft money 2003 program freezes upon opening what can I do? Start by figuring out if it's your data file or your app that's the problem. Open the sample file in Program Files\Microsoft Money by double-clicking on it. "Newbie3" <Newbie3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F55D3C6C-5BD1-4184-9047-5ABB2568E1BA@microsoft.com... > my microsoft money 2003 program freezes upon opening what can I do? ...

Need help with an employee bonus program (worksheet function)
Hello, I would appreciate some help with a bonus structure sheet that I am having trouble with. The plan is basically this: Pay an employee based on how well they meet their expense goals. On a payable base of $2500 in a given month, I want to pay an employee 30% of that ($750) if expenses no greater than 5% over budget, 100% of that ($2500) if they are on budget, and 150% of that ($3750) if they are 5% or more under budget. My sheet looks like this. Headers are on row 1. Numbers are on row 2. A B C D E F G 5%over Even 5%under Goal Expe...

a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
I am the IT person for an office with about 100 users. Two of my users this morning are exeperiencing this error when they try and send a message. "a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I have looked and not found the fix for this and done a search on this group for that message in the text line with no responses. We are running a Windows 2000 exchange server and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for the most likely cause. -- ...

Reg Sql Server 2005 Full and Differential Backup
Hi I am create a full backup every day at 1am and from morning 7am onwards differential back until night 11pm (as a single file for 24 hours) next day new file. if i open and restore the backup it show like this Example ----------- FUll backup 120020 Diff at 7 am 123580 Diff at 8 am 124430 Diff at 9 am 124430 Diff at 10 am 128430 Diff at 11 am 129490 Diff at 12 pm 131430 Diff at 1 pm 131430 Diff at 2 pm 123331 (the is a great change in size) Like this upto 11pm. but in middle of the diff . backup the is a size different . and i can able to restore upto 1pm. but can...