redistributing MFC

Dear All!
I have problem to add MFC library to setup project created by Visual Studio
Net. When I adding MFC71.dll the studio propose me to add merge module.
I adding merge module instead dll. The DLLs installed in application folder,
but I want install in windows system folder(for using by all my exe files).
How to solve this problem?
With best regards. Victor

0
viron (1)
7/10/2003 8:49:16 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

AFAIK, Microsoft's policy is now to distribute your DLLs with the
application ( in the apps dir ), so you don't break other applications by
copying what *you* think it the correct MFC71.DLL version into the system
directory.

I believe later versions of Windows ( XP -> ) are supposed to protect the
system DLLs from being overwritten but I've never confirmed this.

It uses more disk but avoids 'DLL hell!'

HTH
Neil

"Victor Romanov" <viron@ua.fm> wrote in message
> Dear All!
> I have problem to add MFC library to setup project created by Visual
Studio
> Net. When I adding MFC71.dll the studio propose me to add merge module.
> I adding merge module instead dll. The DLLs installed in application
folder,
> but I want install in windows system folder(for using by all my exe
files).
> How to solve this problem?
> With best regards. Victor

MFC DLL class problem...very strange!
Well, here is the (strange!) situation. I wrote couple of classes that I first test in an exe. Then I decided, to export them to an MFC DLL. I created the DLL and of course, added the AFX_EXT_CLASS (this is not the first time I'm doing that) to the headers. Now here is the really strange thing. I'm calling the GetQueuedCompletionStatus(). This function returns (among other things) an object pointer as part of the IOCP. The pointer that this function returns (the overlapped pointer) and please be patient here, is 4 bytes higher then the ACTUAL address of the formerly passed point...

XML editor using MFC #2
i need sourse code for xml editor using MFC and having functions parser and tree view. <chobhe.amruta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9d750e34-ced6-4d7a-a17f-e116c0b1be30@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >i need sourse code for xml editor using MFC and having functions > parser and tree view. The Ultimate Toolbox is now open source, at this link download the samples, there is a sample called "Parser" for their OXParser which shows a tree of XML elements and the contents of the element on the right side. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MFC/UltimateToolbox.aspx -- Dav...

Problems with controls in MFC !
I inserted 2 ComboBoxes Controls in a MDI Child FormView. I have defined 2 class member variables of type CComboBox using ClassWizard (tab variables) to manage the controls but each time I try to use these variables to call a CCombox method (or inherited methods from CWnd) especially EnableWindow() the call raises an assertion failure on ASSERT(IsWindow(h_Wnd)) Test in EnableWindow() method in file winocc.cpp . h_Wnd seems to be NULL I encountered the same problem with a Datagrid control. I have eahc time to call getDlgItem(IDC_DATAGRID) to get a instance of the control. Why it is not possibl...

MFC program error
Hi, I am new to MFC and I want to know how to make a program work behind the scenes(memory resident).Can anyone help on that please? All programs execute memory resident. In fact, that is the definition of a program: it is a bunch of instructions resident in memory. The old "terminate and stay resident" of MS-DOS was just a poor hack at attempting to have multiple programs running at once. In Windows, all programs are running. There are more serious questions, such as "what do you want it to do?" and "do you want it running for the logged-in user?" System...

About DRAG/COPY in CDHTMLDialog created in MFC DLL
Hi, I have a question about using CDHTML dialog in DLL. If you create a simplest project about popup a CDHTML dialog from a MFC DLL, you will find that you cannot select and copy the HTML's contents and drag a link or drop a link into it. If you make the example more complex, you can make one CDHTML dialog created by local executable project, another by calling the function of the MFC DLL you created; then you will find a strange thing: if you open the local generated DHTML dialog first, then both dialog's drag/copy functions correctly; if you open the DLL function calling dia...

how to add controls to a group control in mfc?
Hii .. I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g edit boxes and radio buttons) to a group box in MFC in visual studio 2003. What I want is that in the Dialog editor when I move the group box with my mouse, all the controls inside the group box move along with it too. Also I want to enable / disable all the controls inside the group box on the fly by just enabling/disabling the groupbox Is it possible to do that? Thanks Arfeen arfeengodil@gmail.com wrote: > Hii .. > > I have a really simple question, Im trying to add some controls (e.g > edit boxes an...

MFC...
I Have an MFC App, my view inherit from CFormView and I had inserted a ListBox inside the form, how can adjust the heigth of this ListBox to the heigth of my client area, I try and try... but I can't do.. Can any one help me? Please.. You can change its size using SetWindowPos. To get the size of the view, you can call GetClientRect on it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "George Douglas" <hecodalys@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:66C2FC84-3ABA-4913-83E9-E5B8719BF79C@microsoft.com... | | | I Have an MFC App, my view inherit from CFormView an...

Migrating an mfc application from windows 2000 to Windows 2003
Hi, I am developing a tool in C# for the Project "Migrating an mfc application from windows 2000 to Windows 2003" in which if you are giving your application developed in windows 2000 as input then it will scan through the code in your application and find out the functions which are changed (parameter changes or deprecated) for the windows 2003 and list those functions. For that I would like to know the list of mfc function's that have obsolete and also changed in Windows 2003(but present in Windows 2000). Could you please furnish Additional URL's for our reference....

MFC class for newsgroups
Hello, I was just wondering if there is a MFC class to access Newsgroups ? Thanks for you time. Willy "Willy" <whoffman@frii.com> wrote in message news:%23O$l1mkRDHA.3796@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I was just wondering if there is a MFC class to access Newsgroups ? Thanks > for you time. > > Willy > > I think CSocket or one of its derivatives is the way to go. Open the connection to the server on port 119 (the NNTP port). -- MiniDisc_2k2 To reply, replace nospam.com with cox dot net. Keep away from CSocket. Very far away. As far as y...

seh and mfc
i need to use structured exception handling with mfc. the idea is to protect a code fragement from memory access violation. but the compiler gives the error cannot use seh in function that requires object unwinding. my question is - how does the OS - Windows - does it? if my MFC app fails for memory access violation, theOS will trap the exception using SEH, even that my destructor was supposed to be called, I really don't think it will be called. so how do I protect my MFC code against OS failures? TIA z f wrote: > i need to use structured exception handling with mfc. > the id...

registering for .NET events from MFC C++ (How)?
Folks, I have a C# .NET Assembly that is called from an MFC C++ application. The assembly is marked as COM visible so I'm accessing the assembly from MFC C++ via COM. Everything works great but here is my question: I need to create an event in the .NET Assembly and have the MFC C++ application register for this event and handle the event. Can anyone provide an example or a link for doing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, -- Anthony Yott It is mush easier if you add CLR support to your MFC app. "Anthony Yott" <anthonyyott@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� ...

MFC calling another MFC
Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me how to call an MFC from another MFC, for example, I have this Main Menu GUI from which I would call another sub-menu MFC dialog, for that point I'd like to close the Main-Menu GUI and continue with sub-menu GUI, after I've done with Sub-Menu GUI, I'd like to call Main-Menu GI again. What are pros and cons regarding this? Thanks. Regards, Ginanjar I am not sure if this means MFC calling another MFC. All you are doing is showing a dialog in a command and hiding the main frame window and vice versa. I am assuming both the windows belong to the same ...

Running DOS program within MFC GUI APP
Hi All, Within the MFC environment, what is the preferred way to synchronously spawn (i.e. execute and wait) a DOS console application (with an argv argument list). Sure, I could use CRT's _spawn, but is there a more appropriate way within the MFC classes/Afx<*> functions? I do understand that I have should start the DOS app in it's own thread to not block the calling GUI, so that's no problem. Thanks in Advance! C. >Within the MFC environment, what is the preferred way to synchronously spawn >(i.e. execute and wait) a DOS console application (with an argv argume...

MFC and ATL SimpleObject
How to create a component like ATL SimpleObject in MFC ? Thanks, Could please tell Excatly where does the ATL SimpleObject lies -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Tom Alter" <Lord2702@MSN.com> wrote in message news:ul4Hu4lJFHA.2884@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to create a component like ATL SimpleObject in MFC ? > > Thanks, > > Hello Alok: You can create this SimpleObject, or COM+ 1.0 Object when you want to add an ATL class, just like you add an ActiveX contr...

CheckedListBox in MFC
To start with let me say I am completely new to VS so my questions are newbie's and may be real stupid. Please bear with me. I started writing an application in VS C++ and built it as a Window Forms Application. This was all ok until I realised I wanted a container window with sub-windows. So, I created an MFC SDI. Now I wish to recreate my application there. However, I can't find the CheckListBox in the list of items in the tools box. I tired using "Custom Control" and setting the class to CCheckListBox but that didn't work. Can anyone explain what I SHOULD be doing...

Repeating Button in MFC?
I am trying to use a button on a dialog box that has the property that whenever it is held down with a left mouse click, the message handler will be called repeatedly until the user removes his hand from the left mouse button. The default OnButtonClicked handler is only called when the button is released. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bob On 12 May 2005 11:09:05 -0700, Bob wrote: > I am trying to use a button on a dialog box that has the property that > whenever it is held down with a left mouse click, the message handler > will be called repeatedly until the user remove...

Unicode MFC program error in mfc70ud.dll
Hi , I am writing an unicode MFC program, I found that after my program have been run for few hours, a error message popup. The error message shows " Unhandled exception at 0x7c36743b (mfc70ud.dll) in program.exe: User breakpoint" After that, I click "Play", the error is inside the function "OnPaint". Anyone knows what is happening?? Thanks in advance! Best Regards Crystal "Wing Yee" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%234mDRwpsEHA.3200@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi , > > I am writing an unicode MFC program, I found t...

ATL DLL project with MFC
I am using VC++ .NET 2002 I created a new ATL DLL project with MFC support using the wizard. When I build the project, I get the following error: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib' I have not added any code, just using the default wizard generated files. Is this an installation problem? Do I need to add some libraries or paths first? I do have the mfc70* libs in the lib folder and it is in the path. This also happens when I create a regular DLL with dynamic MFC project. - Ajay ...

What MFC Objects Can't be created on the Stack?
For example: I need to change fonts quite a bit in my application. I am not sure which objects must be persistent, and which objects can be immediately destroyed upon use. In the following function only Screen is persistent. Will this lead to resource or memory leaks? Where can I find out more about preventing resource leaks? ChangeFont(CDC& Screen) { CFont NewFont; LOGFONT lf; ChangeLOGFONT(lf); NewFont.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); Screen.SelectObject(&NewFont); } Peter Olcott wrote: > For example: I need to change fonts quite a bit in my application. I am not su...

Running Windows Media Player from MFC Application Query?
Hi all I am making an application in which i displaying in a list control all the mp3 files belonging to a folder selected by the user. I want to add the following functionality. As soon as the user double clicks on any of the displayed MP3 file, i want to invoke the windows Media Player and play that MP3 file. Now how i invoke the Windows Media Player for my MFC Application? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

If I could.. another MFC / UNicode question
Thanks for the help so far folks.. I have recoded my app to use unicode and it compiles fine. It did not link as there were a large amount of unresolved external symbols. All of which are the wide versions of the MFC lib.. like GetWindowTextW, WriteProfileStringW, etc etc.. I reinstalled VS.NET 2003 and I selected the unicode libs / dlls to be installed but the build still fails to link.. I must be missing something stupid.. Thanks Elan. "Elan Magavi" <Elan@nomailnospam.com> wrote in message news:YFM9h.9584$6t.7336@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > Thanks for the...

How to play a ppt presentation in a view of an mfc app?
Hi, Is it possible to play a ppt presentation within a view of an mfc app? I've seen some examples on the Net that use the application object and play presentations outside of mfc apps' windows. Ideally I'd like to either provide my own window to PowerPoint (preferably Viewer) or get PowerPoint's window and use it as a child in relation to my CView-derived class. I guess this would be similar to what you can do with WMP, FlashObject, etc. Any suggestions, pointers, or examples will be very appreciated. Thanks, Bogdan Here is an example: http://www.learnstar.com/A...

Visual C++ 2005 express edition and MFC ?
Hello. Before downloading the "Visual C++ 2005 express edition" to try it, is there somebody who can tell me if this new tool enables to create MFC applications ? With many thanks. Marc AFAIK, the answer is "no". See FAQ 42 at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/default.aspx : "42.Does Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition include MFC and ATL? No, MFC and ATL are not included with Visual C++ 2005 Express. MFC and ATL will be included in all other Visual Studio 2005 Editions." Mike "Marc Loiry" <nospam@nospam.fr> wrote in me...

how can I read Word document by MFC?
How can I read Word document by MFC Can this infomation be found in MSDN Thank Troy INFO: Using Visual C++ to Automate Office http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238972 Office Automation Using Visual C++ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196776 -- Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.webmatrixhosting.net ...

MFC Printing issue
Hi to all. I'm trying to build an app using mfc/gdi+ (VC++ 6.0) that prints a CScrollView with zooming capabilities. I've already managed to print some sort of "scale to fit the page" (sort of complicated, but if someone wants the code i'll post it), and now I'm messed up with printing "WYSIWYG". The problem I have here is that I can't seem to catch how to "scroll" the printing DC. The DC is set with mapping mode MM_ISOTROPIC, and I've tried using ScrollDC, SetViewportOrg, SetWindowOrg...and it doesn't do what I want. To put it in c...