Receives TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after closing the dialog and the app cra

Hi

How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
This cause the app to crash.
What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
situation?

Look forward for your suggestions.

Regards
Kjell Arne Johansen

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

OK, first issue: what is the manifestation of the "crash"? (PLEASE do not use meaningless
terms in reporting program failures!)  You have not said if it is an access fault or an
assertion failure, and in neither case have you said anything about where it occurred, or
said anything about the program state!  If it is an assertion failure, where did it occur,
and what were the relevant values of the variables being tested?

The simplest solution would be to have the OnEndlabeledit method check for validity of the
control, but without USEFUL information about what is happening, there is no way to
determine what this test should be!
				joe

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:37:01 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
<KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
>inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
>The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
>'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
>This cause the app to crash.
>What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
>situation?
>
>Look forward for your suggestions.
>
>Regards
>Kjell Arne Johansen

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
11/20/2008 8:54:40 PM
Hi

Thank you for replying Mr. Newcomer.

The applicatin is terminating because of access violation because I am
accessing memory that has been freed in the close method.  But the question
is related to receiving notifications after freeing resources.

I thought this was a easy to answer questions for MFC knowledged people so I
did not supply more info.

Is the tree view automatically deleted because that I have clicked the close
button of the dialog hosting the tree view?

If the answer is e.g. "yes the tree view is automatically deleted as a
result of closing the dialog so you should not access the tree view control
from the 'EndLabelEditTree' method" or "you should not receive
TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after closing the dialog" then I have some more knowledge
about how the mechanism works.

I am very happy for answers on these questions in general terms from those
why may have any knowledge about this e.g. been in the same situation,
editing a node in the tree view and then just clicked the close button in the
dialog.

Right now I can not support more info, but that will be possible if this
question is too general.

Regards
Kjell Arne Johansen

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> OK, first issue: what is the manifestation of the "crash"? (PLEASE do not use meaningless
> terms in reporting program failures!)  You have not said if it is an access fault or an
> assertion failure, and in neither case have you said anything about where it occurred, or
> said anything about the program state!  If it is an assertion failure, where did it occur,
> and what were the relevant values of the variables being tested?
>
> The simplest solution would be to have the OnEndlabeledit method check for validity of the
> control, but without USEFUL information about what is happening, there is no way to
> determine what this test should be!
> 				joe
>
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:37:01 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
> <KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
> >inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
> >The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
> >'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
> >This cause the app to crash.
> >What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
> >situation?
> >
> >Look forward for your suggestions.
> >
> >Regards
> >Kjell Arne Johansen
> >

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

See below...
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:44:02 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
<KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Thank you for replying Mr. Newcomer.
>
>The applicatin is terminating because of access violation because I am
>accessing memory that has been freed in the close method.  But the question
>is related to receiving notifications after freeing resources.
****
The message is probably sent via PostMessage, and is a side effect of destroying the
window.  Because the message has been posted, rather than sent, it won't be processed
until you return to the message pump.

>I thought this was a easy to answer questions for MFC knowledged people so I
>did not supply more info.
>
>Is the tree view automatically deleted because that I have clicked the close
>button of the dialog hosting the tree view?
****
The dialog would be hosting a tree control, not a tree view.  A tree view would be hosted
by an MDI child frame or an SDI mainframe.  And yes, it is deleted because you have closed
its parent.
****

>If the answer is e.g. "yes the tree view is automatically deleted as a
>result of closing the dialog so you should not access the tree view control
>from the 'EndLabelEditTree' method" or "you should not receive
>TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after closing the dialog" then I have some more knowledge
>about how the mechanism works.
*****
See above explanation.  It is probably a PostMessage.  It sounds like what is required is
to notice that you are in a label-edit situation and terminate the label-edit as part of
the shutdown function.
****

>I am very happy for answers on these questions in general terms from those
>why may have any knowledge about this e.g. been in the same situation,
>editing a node in the tree view and then just clicked the close button in the
>dialog.
****
It hasn't happened to me.
****

>Right now I can not support more info, but that will be possible if this
>question is too general.
****
Access fault is vastly more interesting than assertion failure, and requires a different
approach to solving it, which is why meaningless terms like "crash" contribute nothing to
the discussion.
			joe
****

>Regards
>Kjell Arne Johansen
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> OK, first issue: what is the manifestation of the "crash"? (PLEASE do not use meaningless
>> terms in reporting program failures!)  You have not said if it is an access fault or an
>> assertion failure, and in neither case have you said anything about where it occurred, or
>> said anything about the program state!  If it is an assertion failure, where did it occur,
>> and what were the relevant values of the variables being tested?
>>
>> The simplest solution would be to have the OnEndlabeledit method check for validity of the
>> control, but without USEFUL information about what is happening, there is no way to
>> determine what this test should be!
>> 				joe
>>
>> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:37:01 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
>> <KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
>> >inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
>> >The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
>> >'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
>> >This cause the app to crash.
>> >What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
>> >situation?
>> >
>> >Look forward for your suggestions.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Kjell Arne Johansen
>> >

>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
11/20/2008 10:15:00 PM
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:37:01 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
<KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
>inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
>The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
>'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
>This cause the app to crash.
>What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
>situation?

I don't believe it's possible to receive TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after the tree
control has been destroyed, but it may be that the control has become
unbound from the MFC CTreeCtrl you're using to access it. You can test its
m_hWnd member, which will be NULL if this has happened. If you wanted to go
ahead and try to deal with the message anyway, the NMTVDISPINFO struct
contains the window handle and other information. If IsWindow returns false
for that HWND, then the tree control really has been destroyed at that
point.

OTOH, if you wanted to end the label editing before allowing the dialog to
be closed, I don't see a way to do this using CTreeCtrl member functions,
but you can SendMessage TVM_ENDEDITLABELNOW to do it.

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP

I have more information now about the problem now that may help.

Case 1, everything works fine.
When I am editing the label in the tree control and click the close button
-button control- in the dialog then  'OnEndlabeleditTree' is called, the data
in the NMHDR is ok and everything works fine.  In this case the 'OnClose' is
not called even though I clicked the Close button.  (Only
'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run).
I have to clikc the Close button once more to close the dialog.

Case 2, application crash
When I am editing the label in the tree control and click the Close button
in the CAPTION bar of dialog -the "X"-button- the 'OnClose' is called first
and THEN 'OnEndlabeleditTree' is called.
The content of the NMHDR structure is garbage and because the code do
operations on these data, the application crash.

How to avoid this situation?

Is it possible to handle TVN_ENDLABELEDIT before WM_CLOSE?

Of course a can put a BOOL into the code controlling if the state is 'edit
mode and closing' and then put the code in 'OnEndlabeleditTree' inside an if
statement, but generally I do not like to use flags like this.

So if there is a better way of handle the situation.
E.g. in OnClose could I peek mesage and remove the notification message.

You suggested me to use '' SendMessage TVM_ENDEDITLABELNOW... ".
Will this cause the TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification to be removed? and
'OnEndlabeleditTree' not run?

Hope these details are more helpful for understanding the problem.

I appreciate your answer.

Regards Kjell Arne Johansen

then  'OnEndlabeleditTree' is called, the data in the NMHDR is ok and
everything works fine.  In this case the 'OnClose' is not called even though
I clicked the colse button.

"Doug Harrison [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:37:01 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
> <KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
> >inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
> >The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
> >'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
> >This cause the app to crash.
> >What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
> >situation?
>
> I don't believe it's possible to receive TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after the tree
> control has been destroyed, but it may be that the control has become
> unbound from the MFC CTreeCtrl you're using to access it. You can test its
> m_hWnd member, which will be NULL if this has happened. If you wanted to go
> ahead and try to deal with the message anyway, the NMTVDISPINFO struct
> contains the window handle and other information. If IsWindow returns false
> for that HWND, then the tree control really has been destroyed at that
> point.
>
> OTOH, if you wanted to end the label editing before allowing the dialog to
> be closed, I don't see a way to do this using CTreeCtrl member functions,
> but you can SendMessage TVM_ENDEDITLABELNOW to do it.
>
> --
> Doug Harrison
> Visual C++ MVP

See below...
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:49:00 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
<KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the answer.
>
>I have more information now about the problem now that may help.
>
>Case 1, everything works fine.
>When I am editing the label in the tree control and click the close button
>-button control- in the dialog then  'OnEndlabeleditTree' is called, the data
>in the NMHDR is ok and everything works fine.  In this case the 'OnClose' is
>not called even though I clicked the Close button.  (Only
>'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run).
>I have to clikc the Close button once more to close the dialog.
>
>Case 2, application crash
>When I am editing the label in the tree control and click the Close button
>in the CAPTION bar of dialog -the "X"-button- the 'OnClose' is called first
>and THEN 'OnEndlabeleditTree' is called.
>The content of the NMHDR structure is garbage and because the code do
>operations on these data, the application crash.
>
>How to avoid this situation?
>
>Is it possible to handle TVN_ENDLABELEDIT before WM_CLOSE?
****
The situation appears to be that the TVN_ENDLABELEDIT is posted to the queue, so if this
happens as a consequence of destroying the control, it will not be seen until the control
is destroyed.
****

>Of course a can put a BOOL into the code controlling if the state is 'edit
>mode and closing' and then put the code in 'OnEndlabeleditTree' inside an if
>statement, but generally I do not like to use flags like this.
****
I agree.  The problem here is that we are dealing with what is probably an implementation
error in the tree control, and the goal is to create a workaround for the bug.
****

>So if there is a better way of handle the situation.
>E.g. in OnClose could I peek mesage and remove the notification message.
>
>You suggested me to use '' SendMessage TVM_ENDEDITLABELNOW... ".
>Will this cause the TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification to be removed? and
>'OnEndlabeleditTree' not run?
*****
You could try handling this in the OnClose handler.  It's worth trying.

Note: if it does work, I'd like to know, so I can add this to my list of MSDN errors and
omissions.
*****

>Hope these details are more helpful for understanding the problem.
>
>I appreciate your answer.
>
>Regards Kjell Arne Johansen
>

>then  'OnEndlabeleditTree' is called, the data in the NMHDR is ok and
>everything works fine.  In this case the 'OnClose' is not called even though
>I clicked the colse button.
>I have to clikc the Close button once more to close the dialog.
>

>"Doug Harrison [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:37:01 -0800, Kjell Arne Johansen
>> <KjellArneJohansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view
>> >inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button.
>> >The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled.
>> >'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER  the 'OnClose' method has been run.
>> >This cause the app to crash.
>> >What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this
>> >situation?
>>
>> I don't believe it's possible to receive TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after the tree
>> control has been destroyed, but it may be that the control has become
>> unbound from the MFC CTreeCtrl you're using to access it. You can test its
>> m_hWnd member, which will be NULL if this has happened. If you wanted to go
>> ahead and try to deal with the message anyway, the NMTVDISPINFO struct
>> contains the window handle and other information. If IsWindow returns false
>> for that HWND, then the tree control really has been destroyed at that
>> point.
>>
>> OTOH, if you wanted to end the label editing before allowing the dialog to
>> be closed, I don't see a way to do this using CTreeCtrl member functions,
>> but you can SendMessage TVM_ENDEDITLABELNOW to do it.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Harrison
>> Visual C++ MVP

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
11/21/2008 5:24:26 PM
Hi

We ended up with a BOOL flag in the code.
Very frustrating and bad solution but we do not have more time for this
right now.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> [...]
> >I have to clikc the Close button once more to close the dialog.
> >

> >"Doug Harrison [MVP]" wrote:

> >> I don't believe it's possible to receive TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after the tree
> >> control has been destroyed, but it may be that the control has become
> >> unbound from the MFC CTreeCtrl you're using to access it. You can test its
> >> m_hWnd member, which will be NULL if this has happened. If you wanted to go
> >> ahead and try to deal with the message anyway, the NMTVDISPINFO struct
> >> contains the window handle and other information. If IsWindow returns false
> >> for that HWND, then the tree control really has been destroyed at that
> >> point.
> >>
> >> OTOH, if you wanted to end the label editing before allowing the dialog to
> >> be closed, I don't see a way to do this using CTreeCtrl member functions,
> >> but you can SendMessage TVM_ENDEDITLABELNOW to do it.

how can I close follow up reminder window?
My computer froze while I had a follow-up reminder window open in Outlook. When I restarted the computer, the contact linked to the reminder had been erased but the reminder window keeps coming back every time I open Outlook and I can't seem to delete it. What must I do? Close outlook and restart it using the /cleanreminders switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help using switches. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Garbage in title bar of "Printing" dialog?
I've got an MFC-based program (VC++) that has a strange problem. The "Printing" dialog has garbage for its title - not the dialog that asks you # of copies, but the one that says "Printing WHATEVER on the hp deskjet 960c on USB001 Page 1". Where is it getting this title from? I assume I'm not setting some member of a structure somewhere, but I don't know which one ... Thanks! Chris Chris Cooper wrote: | I've got an MFC-based program (VC++) that has a strange problem. The | "Printing" dialog has garbage for its title - not the dialog that as...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Closing a Cell When Excel goes Inactive
Excel 2000. I want to be able to close off the data entry/editing on a cell when the user switches to another application. The reason for this is that while the cell remains open for editing I cannot remotely execute save and close macros from an external application. While I know I can close editing on a cell with SENDKEYS {ENTER}, among other things, I'm unable to find an event the reliably fires when the user switches from Excel to another application. So what I'd like is: 1: An event to use in my spreadsheet VBA code that will fire each time the Excel application goes inactive...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

How to hide Save, Save & Close button
Hi, I have created a custom entity and create a IFRAME. This IFRAME has its own save button and I am not using CRM traditional save button because of some specific requirement while saving that can only be achieve in C# coding. My problem is how to hide SAVE, SAVE and Close buttons. If I remove security with Not Write/Update permission this step hides the buttons but my _service.Create() method throws an exception becuase user don't have permission to create new record. Please help, how could I hide save/save and close or save and new buttons Regards Have a look at this blog: ...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Closing Appointments in CRM 3.0
When I close appointmentsw in CRM and then view the calendar, the appointments look just like ones that are still open. Is there a way to change the appearance of closed appointments? ...

Sending and receiving
I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are the same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 computer. Copy and paste the entire error message for analysis please . ... . "Railroad Henry (not John)" <RailroadHenrynotJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:120A3A4D-6860-46AC-A94E-C7CB0AB7AD34@microsoft.com... > I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are > the > same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 > compu...

Hiding Received Items on Purchase Orders
Is there a way to hide already received items on a PO? That is, can a revised PO be printed that only shows remaining open items (backorders). On that same note, is there a way to print out a "Receiver" or "Check-in Sheet" for my staff to check in orders against, as opposed to the actual purchase order, which shows more information than I'd like shown... Thanks for any input!! ...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Send/Receive failure
Hey all - I work for a school district that is running Outlook 2000 SR-1 and an old version of Outlook Express. Every time a user clicks on send/receive it times out and says that server such and such can't be found.... But if we close down that "error" box and click on send/receive again it works. Every time! Anyone have an idea why it "dies" on the 1st attempt and then is successful on the 2nd? I can't see any setting in either version that would make this happen. Thanks. Jim D. ...

Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing
Hello, In OE I have the option to check mark "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing". Where does OL has this option? Thanks, AJS Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:#0XRNuWrJHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > ...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Receiving emails ... or rather NOT receiving
I get to message #5 and won't download. I now have over 200 emails waiting to be downloaded to my Inbox behind email #5. Anybody know how to remove this #5 email that is blocking everything else????? Logon to your mail server's Webmail page and delete the offending message from there. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:794E9864-FEAD-4C19-B958-293595B19762@microsoft.com... >I get to message #5 and won't download. I now have over 200 emails ...

Winword.exe does not close
I use Outlook 2003 as my email editor which loads winword.exe when I create messages, but does not open Word. Sometimes my entire system seems to slow down and when that happens I open Task manager and find that WINWORD.EXE is still running and using up most of my RAM -- eventhough I do not have Word 2003 open or am in the middle of editing an email. Is there a fix that would assure that when Outlook is done with winword.exe that it is closed and the RAM freed? ...

strangely modeless dialog working even when i didnt destroy object
hello, I ahve created a dialog based application.I have inserted 6 menu options voz dialog1,dialog2,dialog3,....dialog6 in the dialog .On clicking of these menu opions i am popping 6 different modeless dialog.here is the code written for it midialog *d;//class for dialog resource d=new midialog; d->Create(IDD_DIALOG1); d->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); To close it i either click on OK or Cancel or Red cross button and then i close the parent window.It strangely doesn't give an error.I was thinking that for modeless dialog you need to override OnCancel,OnClo...

Receiving Duplicate Email Messages
Hello Everyone, I am hoping someone may be able to help shed some light on this problem. We use Sunbelt's Ninja Messenger for spam filtering on an Exchange 2003 SP2 server for about 6-7 months now. I have been finding the past two months or so that about half of the messages we receive to our spam filtering mailbox are duplicates. One email is usually html or rich text with images, fancy text, animations whatever, the other email will be a duplicate in content but it will be text only with no formatting. I had posted this on Ninja's support forum and got no real advice. I am t...