Really simple questions re CSliderCtrl

Using SetSelection() I can get a CSliderCtrl to display a highlighted
selection ... but so what? What use is it other than to look pretty?

Which of the following is possible, and how do I do them?

(1) Prevent the user from moving the thumb outside the highlighted range.
(This seems to be what the documentation suggests that SetSelection does,
but in fact it doesn't, the thumb can be moved outside the selection.)

(2) Have the user change the selection. (The documentation seems to suggest
this is possible, but I can find no combination of keystrokes or mouse
actions that will do it.)

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)
2/17/2005 3:05:54 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote in message
> Using SetSelection() I can get a CSliderCtrl to display a highlighted
> selection ... but so what? What use is it other than to look pretty?
>
> Which of the following is possible, and how do I do them?

.... plus, it would be nice to be able to get some sort of notification when
the user moves the thumb, too.

Visual Studio.NET 2002 only offers me NM_CUSTOMDRAW, NM_OUTOFMEMORY,
NM_RELEASEDCAPTURE and NM_THEMECHANGED - I don't seem to see anything which
says "the slider position has changed"???

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)
2/17/2005 3:11:28 PM
Plus, how do you get tick marks drawn under the slider?

TBS_TOP draws them above it OK, but if I remove TBS_TOP then (whether or not
I add TBS_BOTTOM, which being zero obviously doesn't make any difference) it
doesn't draw the tick marks.

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)
2/17/2005 4:43:39 PM
Look at UDN_ notifications, and WM_HSCROLL and WM_VSCROLL.
				joe
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:11:28 -0000, "Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote:

>"Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote in message
>> Using SetSelection() I can get a CSliderCtrl to display a highlighted
>> selection ... but so what? What use is it other than to look pretty?
>>
>> Which of the following is possible, and how do I do them?
>
>... plus, it would be nice to be able to get some sort of notification when
>the user moves the thumb, too.
>
>Visual Studio.NET 2002 only offers me NM_CUSTOMDRAW, NM_OUTOFMEMORY,
>NM_RELEASEDCAPTURE and NM_THEMECHANGED - I don't seem to see anything which
>says "the slider position has changed"???

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

Money Plus
I was using the trial version of Money Plus and recently purchased the Money Plus Premium boxed product. I installed it and noticed that Money now requires activation. This leads me to a couple of questions. First, I plan on getting a new computer soon. If I activate now, will it be hassle to transfer Money to the new computer? Would it be better to ignore the activation messages everytime I start Money assuming that I am able to get the new computer in the next 60 days? Secondly, the www.microsoft.com/useterms site does not have a license agreement for any versions of Money past Money...

calculating simple percentages within a grouping- help!
I have a report that is grouped by year. 2007, 2006, 2005. within each year there are 4 ratings, and a count of those ratings. This table is linked to a query that is doing a count of the ratings by year. I also have a footer that sums the count of ratings, by year. What I'm trying to get is a percentage of the ratings by year. So in the example below, I'd like the percentage for Very Satisfied to be 33% in 2007 (and 50% for 2006). This seems simple, but I have no clue how to create the Percentage column. Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI It looks like this: 2007 ...

Problems with a simple formula
Using Excel 2002 Can't believe this! I have a spreadsheet that totals my services; calculates the taxes and than I send it of as an invoice. I've taken up a job that involves traveling and the company pays fuel expenses at 14% of my total daily invoiced amount. I'm attempting to add this amount to my invoice and I can't get it to work. The formula is about as simple as you can get: this is what I have been trying. =sum(.14*I28). I28 is the total of my invoice before I add the fuel charge. All that will show is a blank cell; no error shows at all. Interesting th...

Publisher Question #7
How do I overlap stacked objects so that the top object appears to be tucked INTO the object behind it? Arrange menu, Order... or alt+F6, bring to the front alt+Shift+F6, send to the back. There is also bring forward or send backward with no keyboard equivalent in the Arrange menu, Order. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "elenaperez" <elenaperez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27A8A0DB-B944-4CFE-B406-C12379F04522@microsoft.com... > How do I overlap stacked objects so that the top ...

Really?!
According to my Xnews reader . . . (and Excel) . . . Did you know that since December 14 last year over 43000 messages appeared in this newsgroup?! That means that we were able to place an average of 209 messages per day in microsoft.public.excel.misc! Congratulations to us all! Think a detailed summary picture, with monthly figures stretching back almost 10 years, a host of interesting stats (live) & clickable links is availed for say, excel.misc at Googles: "About microsoft.public.excel.misc " page at: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/about?h...

simple formulas are not calculating
A co-worker of mine is working in a file that has no external links. The calculations are rather basic. On an INCONSISTANT basis the spreadsheet fails to update calculated values. Said differently, if a hard coded number is changed on the input tab the resulting calculation on the output tab does not update for the new data. Manually forcing a calcuation (F9) has no effect. The "calculation" option is set correctly. There are no tables involved. Performing a "save" has no effect. However, performing a "save as" forces the updated calculation. ...

Some basic questions on DPM
Hello, I've just setup a DPM server and am about to configure different backups. Some questions: 1) I previously created a System State backup of one server. Now (even when the protection group is removed) I still have a folder named WindowsImageBackup about 15 GB big. Is it safe to remove this folder and then re-add the server to the protection group? I don't want the new backup to include that folder... 2) I installed the DPM agent on one of our SharePoint servers, but when configuring the backups for the server only the configuration database for SharePoint is...

Re: Select all entry data from two linked (with a relationship) Tables
"ADAO ZETTERMANN" <adaozettermann@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:... > > "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> escreveu na > mensagem news:OhoVSHAeKHA.4224@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> That won't work, Karl: you'll get a complaint about OrderNumber being >> ambiguous, since it exists in both tables and you're not qualifying which >> one you want. in the Select clause. >> >> -- >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP >> http://I.Am/DougSteele >> (no e-mails, ...

DST Exchange question
I am trying to follow MS steps in deploying all the appropriate patches for DST. I have done all my WIndows 2003 servers and am currently working on All workstations. What is the fall out of applying them out of order? I am worried I may not be able to update all my workstations before needing to apply the Exchange patch and running the Exchange Calendar Update tool but I would rather all the machines that I can get have the proper appointments than everyone having incorrect appointments. Thanks for any insight. On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:43:26 -0700, "Bad Beagle" <maxwe...

Line Chart Questions
How can I Update the Line Chart automatically having different groups of data entered? Eg. Operator key in figures from the numbers 1-2 in column A then the chart for this range is updated automatically. When Operator key in 3-4 in column A, then another chart for 3-4 range is updated. How to do this? ...

Select Distinct Question
I have a select distinct query that provides CustomerID Address City State Zip I need to add the Customer Name to the distinct list I created but here is the problem. This individual rows that roll up to make a distinct records may contain variations in the Customer Name thus creating duplicates. I guess Access as to have a distinct RECORD as opposed to a distinct field. Which Customer Name that get added to the list doesn't matter to me. How do I create a query that will just use the first Customer name it encounters when I link on CustomerID use group by instead of distinct a...

CButton question
Does anyone know if there's a way that I can achieve the same visual effect with a CButton object that I can by calling SetReadOnly() for a CEdit object? That is, have it greyed out but not disabled while still allowing me to check and uncheck it via software (users will not be permitted to do this). I've tried over-riding the brush returned by OnCtlColor() for the CTLCOLOR_BTN case but without success. Thanks for any help/comments. -- Fenster People have done some things with buttons by writing their own class and then setting the control to be owner-draw so they can manip...

I have a question about migrating email addresses
What would you suggest me to do to keep all staff member email address close to what we have currently with our hosting company? Can I change this when creating a mail box? Our just modifying the alias field would work? Please advise example (hosting company): doe.john@n2newdirection.org example (Exchange Server): jdoe@n2newdirection.org -- Jermaine Wells Network Administrator You change SMTP addresses either individually on the E-Mail Addresses tab of the user in ADUC or globally by defining the Recipient Policy in Exchange System Manager. "JWells" <JWells@discuss...

Really, REALLY big picklists
Hi guys, Our client wants to have a picklist with about 3700-3800 values in it, and wants to add further items to it. It wasn't until it got to our data migration guy, who was entering them in manually and wanted my help on the matter that it was brought to my attention. They want to retrieve the 3700-3800 values, select the information, and return the name of the entry. Apparently typing the name in is too hard, or would result in too many mis-entries. Basically I think the idea is retarded and a really, really bad idea, especially since I couldn't find any supported methods to a...

pivot table question
When I try to drag a column heading to the table Excel says "A field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a pivot table." I let Excel select the range (from A1 to O10792) Is there a limit? I didn't see anything about that. Yes, there is a limit. Without knowing your software version level, we can't tell you what it is. On 13/03/10 8:23 AM, in article hnwaxman-2702C6.16233212032010@news.microsoft.com, "Harvey Waxman" <hnwaxman@SgPmAaMil.com> wrote: > When I try to drag a column heading to the table Excel says &quo...

Really basic question about adding and dividing
Hello Yep, I'm hopeless at Excel but I'm not an accountant and only have to use it once or twice a year for student marks Anyway, I have two columns which I need to add and then divide the total by 2 to get the average 10 + 16 = 26 divided by 2 = 13 so I type in the third column = Column A + B/2 and I get.......18 Ok, I've worked out what is going on (10+ 16/2 (8) = 18) but what do I do to get the right answer (13) Thanks Dave Neve =(A1+B1)/2 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replac...

Order Question
Hope this is not a duplicate as I got an error when I tried to post last time. What is the best way to get an order to distribution and/or accounting? In an order, on the Information side tab, you can click the print tool on the toolbar to print the General, Shipping and Addresses tab info, then click the products tab, then click the print button on the Action bar to print the product info - so 2 prints, 2 pieces of paper. Is this the best way? Is there no way to e-mail this information to distribution or accounting besides a workrule from which they would still have to print both page...

Ubuntu really sucks
Ubuntu sucks. Instead of moving forward with every release, they have the uncanny ability to take Linux back in time by piling code that doesn't work on top of more code that doesn't work until they have turned their OS into a garbage salad. 8.10 was GREAT, and for the most part everything worked. Some things were missing concerning support of newer Eees, but then they released Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04. 9.04 could only have been released completely untested, as they missed something as stupid as the Intel tiling kernel bug which caused every Intel card out there to crawl during...

Import Acces data into Excel using MSQUERY question
Quick question please I'm doing a database query from Excel 2003 in Access. I go: Data/Import External Data/New Database Query/ and then I progess through the wizard, selecting my Access file, selecting the matching criteria and then selecting the cell in the Excel sheet to import to. It grabs the right records from Access, but it imports the data from a record across a row, and I'd like to go down a column, cause that's where the proper target fields are for the fields from Access. Why does it seem I can only import data across a row using MSQUERY? Thanks Harry Don'...

Really strange payables data
Don't understand how this could possible happen but I've got matching payment records in PM10200, PM20000 and PM30200. From PM10200 I'm joining to either PM20000 or PM30200 using the vendor id and then linking the APFRDCNM field to DOCNUMBR in either the open or history table. For PM30200 I've confirmed that the reocrds there were not voided. Some users noticed that there were payments listed multiple times for vendors in the Payables Transaction Entry windows showing as both history and open. Aside from how this could possibly happen; trying to determine now ...

VBA Script Question
Hi All, Below I pasted part of some script. On the last line of the script I have "WEDNESDAY PICK-PUT-VAS.xls'!Sheet4.hide_unhide_rows". The script only works if the file name of the worksheet is the same as it is written in the script. I would like it to work no matter what the file name is changed to. Any help is appreciated. Sheets("SUMMARY").Select Application.Run "'WEDNESDAY PICK-PUT-VAS.xls'! Sheet4.hide_unhide_rows" James Change Sheets("SUMMARY") to Activesheet I would also move the Sub hide_unhide_rows out of sheet4 and...

REALLY REALLY FRUSTRATED!!
Why on earth can I not get OWA working? It was working until one of my guys hosed IIS on the server. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BOTH IIS AND EXCHANGE 2K3 TWICE, AND NO JOY!! There is no ExchangeApplicationPool listed in IIS. WHY? I have people crawling all over me to get this back up!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED?? Someone PLEASE HELP before I throw this server out the window!! had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Create a new application called ExchangeApplicationPool and then check article 829167 to make sure relevant virtual directories are configured to ...

How to really quit..?
Hi all, I have an Access form connected to SQL-server. When I start the application from Access/Archive/AccessFile.mdb I'm promted to login. If then press 'Cancel' and choose Archive/AccessFile.mdb I get the Access database Window. So how can I prevent the Access database Window to open? I don't want the user to see this. Kent J. You dind't say what version of Access you're using. In Access 2003, opn Tools/Startup... and uncheck the Display Database Window checkbox. Then close and reopen it and you shouldn't see the db window. Kent J wrote: >Hi all, > &...

Basic Looping Question
I am trying some exercises on how to do loops since I am new at coding. I have practiced with the following one. What I would like to do is instead of saying for rows 1 -15 I want it to be dynamic to perform the code until the end on the values in the column (lets assume someone adds a value in row 16, the code below would not evalute row 16). Thanks in advance... Sub ExitForDemo() Dim MaxVal As Double Dim Row As Long Dim TheCell As Range MaxVal = Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Range("A:A")) For Row = 1 To 15 Set TheCell = Range("A1").Offset(Row - 1, ...

Questions on sheets and Input box comand
Hi! I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with. Question one: The "buttons" at the bottom in Excel that you press on to go between the different sheets, is it possible to hide them? And how do you do that then? (Cos I have made "linking" buttons on the sheets that makes it look nicer and I want the user to use these instead and therefor hide the "standard buttons"). Question two: I have made a macro with an Inputbox and then depenting on value inserted sort and make different actions but: If I want the value that is inserted in the Inputbox ...