Reading the screen resolution

How can I read the usable sceen resolution ( not including task bar)?

0
ChrisBaker (163)
3/15/2005 11:49:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>How can I read the usable sceen resolution ( not including task bar)?

Chris,

Use SystemParametersInfo SPI_GETWORKAREA

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)

Reading .wks file

File won't open as read only

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

Main Screen: Dialog or Frame?
I wonder if someone more experience with MFC than me could help me out with a design issue. We're creating a UI app for a controller running WinCE w/ MFC. It's mainly a dialog app. When the app loads there is a main screen that shows current status and has a few buttons to get to different areas (which area dialogs) of the program. We've had some internal discussion as to whether to make this main screen another dialog, or a frame. What are the advantages of either one? Should the main screen be a frame? Or should it be a dialog like the other screens, except that it never g...

The memory could not be "read".

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Blue Screen on Startup
I have an Alienware M15x and am very cautious about installing anything on my computer. After some recent browser trouble I installed all the vista updates I could find. problem solved. This switched on the automatic updater so today when I logged on I received a message saying there was an update available so I decided I would get this last one before I switched it off. It downloaded installed and then shut down. Now I can't restart the computer at all. No safe modes work all I get is the blue screen with error message 0000000007E. I have tried a couple of recovery disks One wan...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Startup on grey screen
Excel 2002, WinXP My Excel always started on a blank workbook. Now it starts on a grey screen. Why? And how can I get the blank workbook back? I have not installed or removed any software or hardware. I tried re-registering Excel with Start/Run "C:\Full Path\Excel.exe/RegServer" but Windows says it can't find that. Thanks for your help. Otto Thanks for your help. Otto I know of a couple things you can try, not sure if any will work. the shortcut you use to open excel. right click it. look at th target. if it is not greyed out, be sure there is not a "/e" or &q...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Message(s) Not Being Marked As Read
I have "Mark message read after displayed for" '0' seconds checked. But in my Junk e-mail folder the messages don't get marked as read when I select them, only when I open them. I'm assuming this is because there isn't a the reading pane for the Junk e-mail folder even though I have "Show reading pane" checked in "Layout" a reading pane doesn't display in the Junk email right pane. Is this normal? I'd rather just click on the message instead of opening the message to mark it as read. James > I'd rather just c...

Showing CapsLock status on screen
I have Vista Home Premium SPlatest. I recently purchased a Logitech MK250 wireless keyboard; and afterwards noticed the absence of the Caps/NumLock indicators. I suppose the keyboard would have to be a receiver in addition to being a transmitter, in order to show the indicator status (if changed by the OS, it would have to know) I did not notice any CD with the keyboard. I understand SetPoint is meant to show a Systray status, but I also read some comments about it interfering with other Vista components. Can someone give me code for a simple service that just displays the current st...

Controling READ ONLY and READ/WRITE mode when opening a project PS
Hello All, I was looking for a way to force users to select between READ ONLY and READ/WRITE instead of it defaulting to READ/WRITE when opening projects in MS Project 2007. Any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks, Eric Eric -- Short of using custom software development, there is no way to force this issue with your PMs. If you want to try the custom software development route, then please repost your message in the microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. Otherwise, make this a training and performance issue with your PMs. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Ho...

Excel screen grey
Help !!! When I open one of my spreadsheets, the data is still there but the screen is GREY. WHY? ANy ideas ? If I open the same spreadfsheet on another PC, then the data shows as clear as a bell ????? Obviously something to do with the other computers screen resolution? Huummmmmm ? a confused me ? "MitziUK" wrote: > Help !!! > > When I open one of my spreadsheets, the data is still there but the screen > is GREY. WHY? ANy ideas ? It's fixed. DOn't know how. All I did was change view type to full scren and back to normal and voila it appeared. ...

Read/Not read
Hello We have an exhange-server environment. The Boss' secretary need's to be able to read the Boss' mail, without the messages being marked as read, within outlook 2003. She can access the Boss mail, but all mail she reads is being marked as read, hence the boss can not figure out what he has seen/not seen. What is the solution? Thanx a lot /Jan Hi Towli. There is no way to marked as unread automatically, Just she should be tick the unread option on the pop up menu after she open the her boss e-mail. Once you right click button one of e-mail on the e-mail list, you w...

read an ascii file with fopen
I try to open with fopen and read an ascii file, line by line, but get garbage - among the right data in the CString variable that is filled with this line data. Can someone copy&paste the right code how to so that? Thanks in advance. Mark "Mark" <mark@chasan.ar> wrote in message news:%23sPmEzsgGHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I try to open with fopen and read an ascii file, line by line, but get > garbage - among the right data in the CString variable that is filled with > this line data. > > Can someone copy&paste the right code how to so that?...

Screen redrawing
Hi, I've seen and religiously use the oft suggested technique to stop screen flicker/refresh with running macros: application.screenupdating=false your code application.screenupdating=true I have one workbook, however, that merely switching between workbooks will cause this workbook to redraw its selected sheet 3 times! Very annoying. Could it be that its Workbook_Activate routine adds custom menus? Other workbooks don't act that way even when menus are added. I've even gone so far as to include all three: Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.EnableEvents = Fals...

Programatically reading a XSD File
Hello, Let us say I have a schema file like this sample below. How would I using ..NET classes be able to read this XSD file and get all the values for each element, such as "name", "type", "minoccurs" etc.,? I would appreciate if somebody can help me with some sample code. Thanks for your help. Ganesh ********************* <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <xs:schema id="Account_Did" xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata&...

after saving to cd many times. now says read only?
i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my hard drive? nsturre wrote: > i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of > a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my > hard drive? Unless you have formatted your CDRW for packet writing, then yes, it will be Read only. CDROM = CD Read Only Memory! -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Just ...

Synchronizing and Read Only
I am trying to set up a one note notebook on a desktop that I can access from a notebook computer as a synchronized one note notebook. I am using Windows 7 and have a Homegroup set up on the network. I have set up a Test notebook on the desktop and when I attempt to open it from the notebook computer through the Homegroup it always opens as read only. I have looked at the permissions of the folder on the desktop and ensured that the folder is not read only but everytime I attempt to open it it reverts back to read only (permissions show as a blue square not a check). I have also ...