Reading Registry Values

Hello,
I am using the CRegKey class, and I am wondering how I can read values from the registry.

Sincerely,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies
http://straightway.no-ip.com
0
anonymous (74722)
1/31/2004 11:31:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try
you should open the parent Key before reading a child registry using
CRegKey::Open()
 CRegKey::QueryValue(..) methods for reading regsitry ..

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"James Simpson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am using the CRegKey class, and I am wondering how I can read values
from the registry.

> Sincerely,
>
> James Simpson
> Straightway Technologies
> http://straightway.no-ip.com

0
jibesh.vp (92)

importing saved registry file
how do I import a Windows 2003 registry file to Windows 2008? We are moving our server O/S from windows 2003 to windows 2008 and I need to migrate the registry shares. Howdie! Am 22.06.2010 18:23, schrieb Pearl: > how do I import a Windows 2003 registry file to Windows 2008? We are moving > our server O/S from windows 2003 to windows 2008 and I need to migrate the > registry shares. You could either do that with the File Server Migration Toolkit (FSMT) which is a free download from Microsoft -- or use a script to export/import that. regedit /s myexport.reg ...

Finding Values in a "Matrix"
I have a matrix I have created in Excel. I am using this for correlations. I have cells B1 through G1 filled with text names (the same values as A2 through A7). In the matrix fields I calulate their correlations. In a seperate field, say J1, I am calculating the highest correlation value from my matrix. What I would like to do in cells K1 and/or L1 is find the corresponding text names for that high correlation. So for example if cell E1 is Red and cell A2 is Magenta and their correlation is .95, the highest in the matrix, Cell J1 calculates .95. I would like cell(s) K1 and/or L1...

Reading .wks file

File won't open as read only

Public variable does not retain value
Hi Folks, I have a VBA module that: 1) creates a custom spreadsheet 2) creates a temporary command bar 3) adds vba code to the workbook module for specific events 4) controls toolbars per work sheet using event handlers When the new custom sheet is created a toolbar is created (if not already in existence). Near the end of the main module, to activate the toolbar, I am using Code: -------------------- Worksheets(2).Activate Worksheets(1).Activate -------------------- thus triggering the "Workbook_SheetActivate" code (which is created/added by the mainsubroutine ). The...

Do not display Zero values
Hi All I have two columns, in the first i have numbers, next labels. I need to make a pie chart that ignores all numbers (and respective labels) that are zero. Is there a way to do that? Thanks in advance! Stan Hi Stan, Check the example and the Alternative link example. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm Cheers Andy Stan Altshuller wrote: > Hi All > > I have two columns, in the first i have numbers, next labels. > I need to make a pie chart that ignores all numbers (and respective labels) > that are zero. > > Is there a way to do that? > > Tha...

Formula to update cell w/ActiveCell.Value?
Can I put a formula in a certain cell that will, on recalculation, update that cell with the value of the current ActiveCell? Ed Ed, Don't think so. But this sub will do it. Paste it into the sheet module. Change the location as necessary. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False ' prevent retriggering Range("A1") = ActiveCell.Text Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ed" <Ed_Millis@NOSPAM.Ho...

Getting rid of the formula but keep the Value
I have created a PRODUCT formula linked with certain cells and inputed the values elsewhere on the spreadsheet. However, whenever I cut and paste the values on another worsksheet or program, the formula shows up and not the value. Is there a way to keep the value when transferring it to another location? Copy>Paste Special>Values should work. >-----Original Message----- > >I have created a PRODUCT formula linked with certain cells >and inputed the values elsewhere on the spreadsheet. > >However, whenever I cut and paste the values on another >worskshee...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

#value error for simple calculation
In cell E6, I have this calculation: =d6*.95. When I have a number in d6, the formula works fine but when I take the number out of d6, I get the #value error. Is there a way around this so that cell E6 is left blank when there's no number in d6? Thanks for any help. Hi Peter embed your formula in an if statement, e.g. =IF(D6="","",d6*.95) Cheers JulieD "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e0yrvnmxEHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > In cell E6, I have this calculation: =d6*.95. When I have a number in d6, > the f...

reading confirmation

keep formula after typing in a value in a excel cell
Hi there, my problem is, that i need something like: there is a function in a excel-cell (for example '=setvalue("sqlserver", "DB", "table")'). now i type in a value (for example 100) then the function "setvalue" must write this value (100) in the server, db and table from the parameters. after leaving the cell the formula is still the same and only the value 100 ist visible for the user. and if i go back to the cell than i can see the function in the menubar. there is a product from applix (TM1) and they did it. the problem is, that the souce...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Set DateField Value
Hi @ all, is there any way to set a datefield with the onload-function? "crmForm.all.activeon.value = '01.01.2000';" (in the contract form) doesn´t work. Why? Thanks for help! greetings, Stefan ------=_NextPart_0001_BF612E16 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there any way to set a datefield with the onload-function? > "crmForm.all.activeon.value = '01.01.2000';" (in the contract form) doesn´t > work. Why? You should be using DataValue, as is done in the C...

Storing values from listbox
I have a listbox (lst_Cables) which holds date and quantity of all the entries made. I also have a textbox (txt_Start) this textbox displays the date of the last entry in the lst_Cables. When the listbox is cleared the date value in txt_Start remains however when the form is closed and then re-opend the value in txt_Start is gone and an error message appears instead. I'm assuming this occurs because the listbox is empty and the default value of the textbox resets itself. What I want to do is somehow to store the date value displayed in the textbox (txt_start) so that when I re-open the fo...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

cannot copy same value twice
i am sure this topic has been addressed but i cannot find anything on a search the problem is that the office clipboard will not copy a value which is the same as one already copied for example, if you are trying to copy: 2 3 4 5 5 6 7 it will copy the first instance of '5' but when you try to copy the second instance it will just make a funny noise and it will not copy the second '5' at all now, obviously if you are trying to copy a long sequence of numbers, to paste them into another location you want to copy all of these numbers [i use 'clipmate', an add on clip...

Value of non-numeric characters in a formula
As pretty much an Excel newbie, why does Excel (97 and 2002) treat a non-numeric character as having a value of 1 in a =PRODUCT formula? It treats the same character as a 0 in a =SUM formula. Make C1 =PRODUCT(A1,B1). Then, e.g put 5 in A1 and 3 in B1. C1 shows 15. Fine. Now try putting 0 in B1. C1 is now 0. Fine again. Now try putting an e or a comma in B1. C1 shows 5! Why? Try the same thing with C1 = SUM(A1,B1). The result will be 8, 5, and 5. TIA for the explanation. I'm sure it's there somewhere in the Help info, but I can't see it. -- Jeff (Remove xxx from emai...