reading data from Excel Sheet

hi,

    i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i
read it. i don't want to create any DSN

thank you,

regards,
koti

0
koti (45)
8/18/2005 10:56:28 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use the Excel.Application com object
--
Satish

"Koti" wrote:

> hi,
>
>     i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i
> read it. i don't want to create any DSN
>
> thank you,
>
> regards,
> koti

0
satish (18)

Reading .wks file

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

Data Load Performance
Running SQL 2008 SP1 I am comparing a data load into a Heap Table and a Clustered Table. The schema from each follows: CREATE TABLE dbo.HeapTable( HeapTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100)) CREATE TABLE dbo.ClusteredTable( ClusteredTable_UID int NOT NULL, Col1 char(25) NOT NULL, Col2 char(100), Col3 char(100), Col4 char(100), Col5 char(100), CONSTRAINT IX_ClusteredTable_ClusteredTable_UID_Col1 PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (ClusteredTable_UID, Col1) ) CREATE NONCLUSTER...

Re: Where is My Clipboard Data!?! Work Around to Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?ig==?=
Thank You! Thank you: Very, VERY Much!! I found the Clipboard Data Object but it was Unreadable. I dragged the Microsoft Office v.X Folder to Applications from it's CD, Launched Word v.X, Right Clicked on a Clipboard Entry, Chose �Paste All� and Recovered 56 PAGES of Data!!!!!! Saved the Document, Closed Everything, Trashed the Office v.X Folder & Restarted. You Saved my A��, You Bet! Sea Mac Work Around to Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard� I dragged the Microsoft Office v.X Folder to Applications from it's CD, Launched Word v.X, Right Clicked on a Clipboard Entry, Ch...

Create Auto Text in Excel?
I want to be able to add the following function (=RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename ",A1),1))) into any excel sheet that I'm working on like you can do in Word with Auto Text insert. I think I should be able to do this with a macro but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Lee First, you can shorten the formula a bit and reduce the number of function calls by using =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32) XL doesn&...

Make excel 2003 default to open files
I have Excel 2003 running alongside 2007. Double clicking an excel file causes it to open in 2007; how do I force 2003 to open the files instead? Sandy You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 2003. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 2003 In that case Start>Run "C:\your path to\office11\excel.exe" ...

scrambled excel file
Hi AGAIN. I'm trying to open a file that was deleted and later retrieved through GetData Back. It has an .xls extension, but when I try to open it, it's just symbols. Is there some way I can retrieve the proper info. from that file? Do I have to save it as something else? I really need this file back - l mean life & death!! I will attach the file to see if someone can figure this out for me. Thanks again for your help. Your advice last time was great. Sandy Attachment filename: wolf_info liz.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.ph...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Excel 2008 and analysis toolpack
Hello, I've just upgraded from Office X (macintosh) to Office 2008, and notice that the Analysis Toolpack doesn't seem to be available for Excel anymore. Can anyone confirm this? Or, if it is available, how do I find the Add-In? I must say that 90% of the reason I use Excel is for the data analysis tools that it provides, and will be very unhappy if MS has decided not to support these tools for the Macintosh. -- D. Power "I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." -Robert Frost Hi Robert, <will be very unhappy if MS has de...

How can I manipulate an excel chart by clicking and verify the ta
in excel 2003 we click on a point and after appearing an arrow we could change its position to manipulate it. Meanwhile the table is corrected automatically. In excel 2007 it is impossible. Do you please help me? Hi, This feature has been removed in xl2007. As yet I am not aware of anybody creating a addin to replace this feature. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Danesh" <Danesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3C8373-7681-4379-BF16-F9F58F7A7F95@microsoft.com... > in excel 2003 we click on a point and after ...

data entry on form
i have a form that is linked to a table. all i do is enter data from the form. i converted the database from 2000 to 2003 because i want to use with runtime. for some reason the form doesnt open up in data entry mode. i can scroll through records etc but the * is not available to use to create a new record. it worked no problem before now its not. everything is checked for the properties for data entry. when i use the database with runtime, the total form is blank. thats another story. does anyone have any ideas what is happening. thanks On Tue, 8 May 2007 19:38:37 -0400, &...

Why do Excel and Access freeze on the splash page?
I have just installed Office Pro 2003, removing all previous versions, and I can load Word, but not Excel, Access or Powerpoint. I have tried running virus software (up to date McAfee), re-installing and re-booting but nothing is working. I had the same problem in Office 2000 as well with Excel. Help please. Thanks, Chris. ...

Compiled Excel macros
Hi, I think about selling my own Excel wordbook, that contains some macros. But I don't want anyone to see these macros. I tried to set password on VBA project, but it's insecure. There are programs to crack this password. I know, that Access has *.mde files, which contain macros in a compiled form. Does Excel have a similar functionality? Are there any other hints to prevent users from seeing the macros? Thanks in advance! T. You can create COM addins or DLLs that are written in VB and can be compiled, but not in VBA. Problem here of course is that you need a full version o...

Import txt file into excel with 281,344 rows
Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to import into excel. It has 288,344 rows. Is there a way I can do this? The fields on my txt file are separated by a pipe "|" Thanks in advance. If you're using xl2007, then that data will fit. Open the .txt file and choose delimited by | If you're using xl2003 and below, you could use your favorite text editor to make several smaller .txt files (65536 rows or smaller) and import each into separate worksheets. JulieM39 wrote: > > Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to impo...

Cell Data Change to Trigger Macro
Is there a way to trigger a macro whenever data changes in a cell? The value in the cell will be varying numbers, so it can't be TRUE/FALSE etc. Thanks Mike, Yes. Put it in the sheet module, instead of a regular module. It should look like this: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then MsgBox "You changed cell A1, you did." End If If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1").EntireColumn) Is Nothing Then MsgBox "You changed something in column A. You sure did." End If End ...

File won't open as read only

excel file can not be accessed
When opening an excel file I get an error that reads " 'Excel File Name.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." The file is not read-only. The other files in the same location are readable. The document is stored on a local drive. Any suggestions on how to read the file? Thanks for your time. Dave Could this be it? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly (from Debra Dalgleish's site) Dave wrote: > > When op...

MDA to AA data migration
Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but are waiting for AA support from a 3rd party (AIT from mc2). We are considering implementing MDA for the short-term, then migrating to AA once it's supported by AIT. Mike, Currently working on a tool to do so, if you are interested in talking about it please contact me. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mike Muscarella" wrote: > Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but > are waiting fo...

How do i stop data projection on graphs
Please tell us more. Use this white space for your question best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EB8F159-AD81-4BAE-82D2-B170CE843E80@microsoft.com... > ...

copy some data to next sheet
My sheets are named 1,2,3....100 at any time i may be located at any sheet. I wish to copy selected values to the same position from sheet "m" to the next "n" sheets where n is not going to run past 100. The from and to positions are concrete and the same. If you want colour they are mens wedding suit items and party name. Maybe you want this (there is no error check in this example if you are in sheet 100) Sub CopySelection() Dim myarea As Range For Each myarea In Selection.Areas With myarea .Copy Destination:=.Parent.Next.Range(.Address)...

reading confirmation

Accessing data from Excel spreadsheet
Hello World, Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to read fields in an Excel spreadsheet from VC++? Thanks, Stephanie You can always save the data in .csv form and read it in after parsing. Another more elegant approach would be to use automation and use excel's object model to access the data. Here is good starting point for automation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q178781/ --- Ajay Stephanie Doherty wrote: > Hello World, > > Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to read fields in an > Excel spreadsheet from VC++? > > Thanks, > S...

EXCEL 2000 & EXCEL XP Compatability
We were just given an EXCEL file created in XP and now the end user customer wants it in EXCEL 2000. Are there any known issues regarding these two versions working together. We know there are many problems with Word and PowerPoint 2000 & XP working together. Please help !!!!!!! ...

Graphing daily data
I am trying to graph daily data for a month in Excel 2007 that groups like days (Saturdays, Sundays, etc) in the same series, while still showing individual values and dates. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Use your worksheet to pull the relevant data together into a series. Do the data manipulation in your worksheet, then the chart plots the series which you have generated in the worksheet. -- David Biddulph "Fozzie" <Fozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB004134-AD88-434C-9DAD-BFE4CB2FD058@microsoft.com... >I am trying to graph daily data f...